Part 16

Kalani POV
"You're so stupid !, no for real did he rea-" I say stopping as I look up noticing August was asleep. We were talking and watching the movie but I guess he somehow fell asleep . Laughing a bit I slouch deeper in his arms and grab my phone hopping on snapchat recording him . Faking like I'm digging up his nose as I laugh the video ends and I caption it "my best friend is a constant party pooper.😂😩😒❣". Adding it to my story I look up to see the door to my dorm open . It's just Nat . "Girl it's 8 o'clock shouldn't you be getting ready for bed- BITCH" she said smirking as she began to grab a book off Natalie's bed , she must of left something and sent Si to get it . They have class together .

"What?" I reply as I drink my caprisun looking back at my phone. I already have a clue of what you guys suspected , Si and I are still best friends . We still do stuff together. "Ooooooh nothing , tell your best friend number 2 Chris said make sure he has his key cause he's coming back late to the room ... If you know what I mean ." She said winking this Lil freaky ass girl . Laughing I say "gotcha" , " oh yeah it's a party Saturday and I think we should go , ya know all of us were in college now so might as well enjoy the college fun." She said as she began to open the door . She already knows I'm not the party person , so I'll pass. "Si you know I'm not a party person " I reply playfully rolling my eyes . " C'mon Damon didn't invite us for nothing ." She said , hmmm maybe I can be one just for Saturday .

"Alright I'll leave it in my thoughts of consideration " , " Kk just text me , now if you'll excuse my I have to hurry and get to the library Natalie and I have a 3,000 word paper on the rules that was taught today " she says rolling her eyes and scoffing . 3,000 word paper on rules ? Who the hell is their teacher . Replying back okay as I watch her leave I lock my phone and lay back in August chest as I fall asleep .

August POV
* Dream mode*

20 missed calls and 15 text messages ~call me now !! ASAP!!~ mama . Scrolling down my missed call list I see mama , my cousin , my uncle , and Maw Maw . Quickly calling my mama she picks up almost instantly "oh my gosh you're okay !! " she says hysterically crying "of course I'm okay ma what's wrong !?" I ask her standing up from the bed pacing around
"Baby , Mel they got my baby , they got my baby " she said crying even harder got ? What she mean got I know what she mean but hopefully it's not true "got? Mama what you mean by got ?" I ask with my voice shaking "they killed my baby August they killed my bab-
*Dream over *
Opening my eyes I look around to a pitch black room , beginning to panick I feel a weight on inside my arms . I push if off and begin rush and to look for my phone. "Aug! Aug! Calm down " I hear Kalani voice say . Sighing in relief I lay back down and pull her back to me . She legit scared the fuck out of me " sorry ma" I say as I hear her scoff and pull the cover up on us . Chuckling at her response, I blow out hard to catch my breath and I stare at the black ceiling . lord why him . Why my brother man , why my protector . I'm tired of having these dreams that never seem to end but start out always the same .

The Next Day

I've been up for about 5 minutes now listening to Kalani and her room mate talk . "My brother... I don't see what y'all see in him" I hear the room mate say followed by some movement . " he's cute Nat what you mean " Kalani voice says . Cute my ass fuck that nigga . Internally rolling my eyes, I continue to listen . "My brother comes with a lot of drama with that girl that's why I don't want you involved with him " , "fuck her I'll beat her ass" I hear Kalani reply as I feel the weight of the bed go back down. I wish I could go back to sleep so I won't hear this conversation but I can't . "Girl you crazy .... Well I'll be back by 2 I'm going to the library to finish this paper " , " mhmm I'll be here maybe , if not call me " Kalani says as I feel a heavy sensation on my chest. Big ass head. Laughing A bit I open my eyes .

"Morning auggie" she said recording me what's up with all this technology these days "c'mon lani man stop I look terrible " I reply turning my head covering my face . She play too much man . Just as she stopped the video there was a knock at the door . Probably Serenity , I watch her as she get up from the bed and walk to the door opening it ......and that when I felt myself smacking my teeth really loud. Receiving a look from both of them . Sitting up I grab my shoes and put them on . Maybe I should stop being a punk and j- no no no August is a brick . Get yo' head together man , get back how you was in good ole' New Orleans . The I don't give a fuck August , that's who will protect you . Shaking my head I brush off the thought and Begin making my way past them.

"August what's wrong ?" Kalani said looking at me with a confused look . "Nothing ma I just gotta go " I say as I look dude up and down walking away ignoring Kalani calls . Walking into the elevator I hear loud feet stomping on the ground like they were running. Please don't be Kalani Ian for all this shit today man . Cutting me out my thoughts the girl from the other day the one who be all on ole dude, ran onto the elevator. Mentally rolling my eyes I unlock my phone to avoid awkwardness. As she sunk in her corner I could feel her scanning me down.

"Eye problem?" I ask must catching her off guard."Boy no one was even looking at you " she spat back rolling her eyes . Bitch do I look dumb ? "Obviously you were , and Ian a boy Im a man next time keep your damn eyes to yourself and hopefully you can avoid confrontation lil mama." I said as the elevator doors open and I walked out . Lil shawty was staring at me like I owed her something like what the fuck I look like. Walking out of the the girls department I make my way through the food court and towards the boys. pressing the elevator I button, it opens, and I walk in .

Looking down into my phone I see Kalani calling , ignoring it I stuff it in my pocket and make my way off the elevator towards my dorm. Taking my key out of my pocket I open the door to Chris playing music while singing along to it. This nigga is stupid, laughing I shut the door and walk over to the stereo turning it down . "About time you got here" , "man I fell asleep." I said sitting on my bed taking my shoes off "yeah I know , saw you on Kalani snap." Not even looking up I could feel him with that dumb ass look on his face .

"Mhmm" ,"soooo?". "So what ?" I ask looking at him confused , even though I knew what he was talking about . "I said the conversation wasn't over, so y'all takin now?" Rolling my eyes hard as hell I look up at him and say "man y'all really need to cut that shit out Kalani just my best-friend ya' heard me? And I'm done repeating it" . Hearing Chris chuckle he replies by telling me calm down and grabs the controller. Rolling my eyes I grab my phone and set an alarm for 6 o' clock pm. I lay back down and drift back to sleep. Old August , old August is key .....

(( Whew!! Is August mad oor? You guys may be like where's the action!? Oh don't worry I'm building up suspense just wait action is prepared to come okay ? Love you guys ! Btw still editing so be patient if you see any corrections need to be made . XO❤️ ))