The Betrayal

By Z0EYYY

Sequel to The betrothed. Read the prequel before the sequel. I won't add a description yet because it will ru... More

New beginnings.
Time to let go?
Rave.
Personal Hell?
Memories..
Apologize
Welcome back.
The Doctor.
The breakfast.
The Dance Part 1
History Lesson?
David's POV
Enlightening.
Balance of Power?
Wisdom
Problems
New Addition?
Got a secret?
Humble.
Teaser
Division
The Forest
Happy Birthday to me!- David's POV
You'll be the death of me..
All these years..
Two weeks later
Goodbye...
And so it begins
The Meeting
The Race
Here comes the bride..
Here comes the bride.. (Part 2)
It's a topsy turvy world
The Truth.
The Betrayal
The transition
The Text.
Just a kiss goodbye
The War.
The Aftermath
What have I done?
Calm.
Time

Confusion

331 29 15
By Z0EYYY

This update is for the birthday girl Aphiwe!! <3 Albeit I am a day late.

Also I seriously need to come up with better chapter titles lol.

Disclaimer!! All rights reserved.

I rushed out of the room quickly after we rehearsed once more like Klaus had instructed saying my goodbye to David.

Considering it was lunch time and I wasn't hungry I decided to go to the library.

When I entered an old lady seemed to be sitting on the main desk like a librarian and oh good God, what a huge library. I had never seen so many books before. When I was initially staying here why hadn't I been to the library? I would go crazy in here since I loved to read.

On the tables there seemed to be a couple of laptops.

Feeling in a daze because this seemed like a dream come true I heard a voice call out.

"Hello dear, may I help you with something?"

Thinking I won't be able to find the books I wanted on my own I replied "Yes, I was looking to read up on vampire history."

She chuckled. "War, succession, royalty, riots or structural history?"

"I guess royal family history?"

"Okay. Give me your laptop."

"Laptop?"

"Yes, we recently updated our database and instead of hardcover books we shifted them to ebooks."

"Oh.. I don't have a laptop.."

"Princess Elizabeth I think that is prince David's laptop." She pointed at a laptop facing the wall, isolated and placed as such that no one could see the screen. "I am sure he won't mind you using it. He uses it often. When you open it just open the books labeled under royalty succession; a battle of the royals. That contains sufficient details about the royal family and their personal history to succession."

That confused me a little. David's family was not the first and only royal family there is?

"Okay.. Thank you for your help." I smiled. Although I was confused I wouldn't have been able to navigate without her help.

I went to the laptop and took a place on the seat in front of the laptop.

When I placed my hand on the touchpad the screen popped open. It asked for either a fingerprint or password.

Obviously I wouldn't be able to access it through the fingerprint. So what would David's password be?

Knowing him I tried to guess it. He was a very sentimental and caring person. So maybe his password is sly. His horses name that he loved dearly.

I typed it but it didn't work. I didn't expect my first try to work.

So I tried names of everyone he loved to important dates. Nothing seemed to work.

I was about to give up when I thought maybe I should try Elizabeth.

My heart gave a painful thud as this password worked.

And I stopped breathing when I saw the screen.

There was a slideshow going on the desktop. Pictures. Of us. Smiling. In each other's arms, kissing, selfies we took, it was as if our year together was flashing right before our eyes.

The picture of when me and David went to the lake and I soaked him in water. As payback he tickled me. Lindsay had taken that picture.

I looked different. I looked radiant. Basking in the glow of love.

Pictures that David had taken of me came up.. The one he took when I was sleeping wrapped up in nothing but sheets, the picture of my face smiling as the sun created a halo around me, a picture of me riding angel. I hadn't even seen some of these pictures. They were so natural and beautiful.

Why... Why would he still have these on his laptop.. What did this mean?

It made my heart ache. I was in physical pain.

I felt my world going blurry and I felt something liquid going down my nose. I knew it was a nose bleed. I closed the laptop lid just as soon as the door to the library opened.

I felt myself sliding down the chair into someone's arms.

"Call Mike now! She's going into respiratory arrest!" I heard David's panicked voice.

"David.." I whispered before my world went black.

....

When I opened my eyes next, I found myself back to my room. Not the room I had this time. The room I had last time. I was in David's room surprisingly.

Why was I there? Why were those pictures on that laptop? Did he still love me? Why did he leave me if he did?

His voice rang clear in my head as if it was yesterday 'well you were right I have changed.. I'm not in love with you anymore.' 'This begging is really making you look pathetic, wanting to be with someone who doesn't want you back. Pack up your stuff and leave as soon as you can.'

Why did he say those hurtful things?

I looked at the room, it hadn't changed much except Kesha's things that were lying around recklessly.

There seemed to be an addition in the room, a mini bar.

David seemed to be slumped into a chair with a glass full of bourbon in this hand.

It seemed he hadn't noticed that I was up and I just observed him.

He had his other hand in his hair.. I wonder what he was thinking, he looked like he had aged ten years, and he looked tensed.

He chugged his drink down and got up to pour another.

For the first time ever I saw him wobble on his feet. Was he really drunk? I had never seen him this way.

He chugged another glass down. I decided to clear my throat to let him know subtly that I was awake.

He accidentally dropped his glass and it shattered on the floor, his eyes were wide as if I had scared him, like a deer caught in headlights.

He was bare foot yet he walked over the glass leaving a trail of blood in his wake.

"David.. Stop! You're walking over glass!" I tried to get out of bed when he stumbled to his knees.

"You're up.." He mumbled crawling toward me while trying to get up.

I helped him get up but he hugged me instead and started cuddling with me. "This is all my fault.." he whispered.

He hugged me harder and rocked himself.

"I'm sorry.. You said you would die without me... but I had to save you..." he said barely above a whisper.

"Save me? From what?"

I didn't get an answer so I pulled back to see his face. He had fallen asleep in my arms.

He looked like a child, with all his worries gone. I brushed the hair off his forehead.

He must have a lot to worry about since there seemed to be a war going on so I let him sleep in my arms. If I were to be honest, I was being selfish, having him so close to me I was scared it would the moment. I never wanted to let go. I wish time just froze.

"I love you." I heard David sigh in his sleep.

Had he meant me? I'm sure in his drunken state he thought I was Kesha.

I didn't understand what was going on. He had done what he did to save me? From what? Did that mean he still loved me?

What about the pictures on his laptop? Why did he have them?

I had so many questions.

I heard the door open and saw Mike come in.

He paused to looked at David and then at me.

He smiled and whispered while moving his head side to side as if finding it impossible to believe. "Finally he sleeps. I don't want to disturb him but I need to give you an injection. Considering you aren't eating, I should put ivy in you but this will do, David said you don't like needles much."

I nodded smiling back at him.

While he prepared the injection I asked him mainly to distract myself "Why hasn't he been sleeping? You're a doctor, isn't there some sleeping pill for vampires that you can concoct?"

"I'm afraid nothing works on him and I suppose it's the stress with being the crown prince. I don't remember the last time he slept. We often hear Kesha complaining he never sleeps with her through the night." He shrugged "super vampire hearing."

So he hadn't been getting much sleep, I remember David telling me that it didn't matter to Vampires much if they didn't sleep. But I am sure they must need a well-rested brain to be as sharp as a prince would require it to be.

"What about his drinking?"

"Oh yeah, that's weird. I never pegged him to be so dependent on a substance like alcohol. But I suppose shit happens."

By the time we were done talking the injection was done and he told me I would feel drowsy.

Before I knew it I was fast asleep with my David.

So does this chapter make you more confused or less? ;)

Also do you guys think David would look like Nate Bateman? Since I've been getting requests to give an image to my characters J

Let me know!

XOXO

-Z

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 215 22
Sequel to Head Over Boots Not friends, Not enemies, Just strangers, With some memories ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ All Rights Reserved ©copyright 2016 Warning| May...
73.5K 2.8K 24
Sequel to 'Love Truly' READ LOVE TRULY BEFORE READING .. A couple years has passed . The ecstasy of seeing the agony that feels your vein relaxes me...
7.4K 272 30
This is a sequel to Loving Dangerously one and two so I suggest reading those stories before reading this one. Also characters from my story My Siste...
10.3K 357 27
Before reading this book, please go and read my painfull love story first part. Without that you don't understand what's happening. As so many membe...