Passion In The Game

By AlexxRazzay

Anthony and Rayna have been happy for a while. However, things start to stir up when things go a little haywi... More

In Due Time
Wet
Just A Gift
Author's Note *IMPORTANT*
Prized Possession
Temptation's A Bitch
Right Here
Next Question
Haunted
Author's Note
Intruder
Hardship
Too Beautiful
Mine
Author's Note
History Pt. 1
History Pt. 2
History Pt. 3
History Pt. 4
History Pt. 5
History Pt. 6
Hurt Feelings
Be At Peace
All That Remains
Making Plans
What The Queen Wants
Getting Involved
Finally
The Matrimony
The Last Hurrah
This Is It
Everything I Have To Offer
Taking Off The Training Wheels
Happy Home
Language
They're Adults
Not In The Plan
Come Home
Baby Talk
Drifting Apart
Something New
Space
Amends
Enchanted In Seattle
Secrecy
Depression
Get Rid Of Her
The Ultimatum
It's Been A While
Decisions, Decisions
Leave Quietly
The Alternate Story

Trial and Error

70 5 1
By AlexxRazzay

Anthony and Rayna had an appointment at a fertility clinic. Even after Rayna got off of her birth control, she was still not becoming with child. Anthony was trying to be patient but, was disappointed they were not conceiving. Anthony wanted a child at their earliest opportunity and he felt like his window was closing. He wanted Rayna to be pregnant before he went back to playing football.

Rayna had been calculating her ovulation days but, something wasn't right and that scared her a little. She wanted to be healthy and hopefully this visit would provide answers.

They weren't waiting long once they checked in. Anthony and Rayna were called to come to the doctor's office at the back of the facility.

"Hello, My name is doctor Vanessa Hastings. Come in." the woman said. Rayna and Anthony sat down on the chairs in front of the doctor's desk. "So, let's start with a few questions. How long have you two been trying to have a child?"

"Well, I've been off my birth control for 3 weeks." Rayna said.

"And we understand that babies take time but, we're just really eager to start a family." Anthony said.

"Ok. Well, how is everything in bedroom?" Vanessa said writing down things on the paper.

Anthony and Rayna looked at each other and smirked. Anthony took Rayna's hand and said, "I love my wife."

"Well, that's great." the doctor said. "How frequently do you guys have intercourse?"

"Um, you...Can we guarantee your absolute discretion?" Anthony said.

"Mr. Steele, I assure you. I am nothing if not discreet. We've handled other well known figures. We are all adults and you are save here." the kind doctor said.

"Well, in that case the answer is a lot." Rayna said.

"Do any of you smoke or drink?" Vanessa said writing things down.

"I drink every now and again. Nothing major." Rayna said.

"Ok. What about recreational drugs?" Vanessa said. Anthony looked at Rayna who had a bit of spooked look on her face. "It's best to come clean now."

"Okay! Okay! In high school, in college and during the first year of our relationship, I smoked weed." Rayna said.

"How much?" Vanessa said.

"Is that a necessary question?" Rayna asked.

"It helps." the doctor said. Rayna turned to Anthony who was watching her like a hawk.

"A lot. I mean it wasn't everyday it was just...often." Rayna said.

"Ok. Any medications or steriods I should know about?" Vanessa said taking notes.

"Nope." Anthony said.

"Exposed to radiation, lead, chemicals or pesticides?" the doctor asked.

"No." Rayna said.

"How big of a role does stress play in your lives?" the doctor asked.

"Not a big one." Anthony said.

Dr. Hastings asked a few more questions and once she finally had all the information she felt like she needed, it was time to get down to the nitty gritty.

"Well, we are going to start out with a few simple tests." Dr. Hastings said.

"What's first?" Anthony asked.

"Well, we need to you, Mr. Steele, to give us a sample of your baby juice. And Mrs. Steele needs to give us a little bit of blood. These samples will help us get an idea as to what is going on." Vanessa said. "So, shall we get started?"

Rayna was down having her blood taken and was met by Anthony and the doctor.

"Alright, next up is husband." Vanessa said. She handed Anthony a plastic cup in a plastic bag. "Privacy rooms are down the hall to your left. You'll find all the necessary things there. Or would you like your wife to help you out?"

Anthony looked at Rayna. She saw the look in his eyes and was a little bit surprised.

"I'll leave you two to work it out." the doctor laughed walking off.

"Are you serious?" Rayna said as he took her hand.

"It's been always been a fantasy, to do something a little naughty in public." he whispered.

"You're worse than I thought." she said. They made it to the room.

"Last chance. You coming in with me or not." Anthony asked.

"No." Rayna said.

"Alright." he said going in and locking the door.

Rayna stood outside for a little bit. Then it clicked that if she didn't help him he would have to look at the magazines the facility provided. She didn't like the idea of Anthony getting off to another woman. Rayna had a big problem when it came to Anthony and other woman.

She knocked on the door. When Anthony didn't answer, Rayna started banging.

"Anthony, open this fucking door." she growled.

Anthony opened the door laughing. He pulled her inside. "Changed your mind?"

"We don't have all day so let's get this done." she said taking of her jacket and tying her hair back. Anthony closed and locked the door.

After they got done, Rayna and Anthony walked out and met up with the doctor. Rayna handed her the cup full of semen.

"Okay. I'll run this for analysis. It won't take long so you guys just wait in my office." Vanessa said walking off.

"I can't believe we did that." Rayna said.

"It wasn't that bad." Anthony said.

"Don't you ever put me in that position again." Rayna growled walking to the office.

"Which one? The one of your stomach or the one against the wall?" Anthony joked.

Rayna refused to answer as she took a seat. Anthony laughed to himself and sat down next to her.

After awhile, the doctor came back with her clipboard and sat down in her chair.

"What's the news, doc?" Anthony said anxious to hear the news.

"Well, I have to give you the bad news first. We found nothing with Mr. Steele. However, Mrs. Steele, there is something going on. That we can't quite identify so we are going to have to run a few more tests. We just have to do an ultrasound and see what does the inside look like and that will help us get a clue of what we are working with." the doctor explained.

"Okay." Rayna said.

"We can do that today. Or we can schedule that for another time. It's your decision." Vanessa said.

"I rather we get it out of the way today." Rayna said. "The sooner the better."

"Okay. Follow me. Would you like your husband to come along?" Vanessa said standing up.

Rayna signaled for Anthony to come with them. Rayna was all set for her ultrasound. All eyes were on the screen to look inside Rayna.

"Well, everything looks good. Nothing looks outrageous." Vanessa said.

"Okay, well that doesn't help us figure out what's wrong." Anthony said.

"Well, there are more test we can do. If you are up for it, we can start right away and get you guys out of here." Vanessa said.

"Please." Anthony said. Vanessa left the room to get a few more things set up. Rayna sighed and whimpered. Anthony went to her side and took her hand. He saw the tears forming. "Hey, it's going to be okay."

"Anthony, I want to give you children. But if we can't figure out what's wrong..." Rayna said letting the tears fall.

"Hey, hey, hey." he said wiping her tears. "We will have a child, Rayna. We are going to be fine. We are going to go on and have a big happy family."

"I don't want to fail us, Anthony." Rayna said sniffling.

"As long as we love each other, there is no fail." Anthony said.

At the end of the visit, the results came to be inconclusive. Rayna was infertile, that's the only thing they knew. However, there was a medication Rayna could take in order to stimulate her ovulation. If that didn't work, there was something stronger that would get her going. Rayna and Anthony both had to pray that it would work.

One month of attempting to conceive proved faulty. All it was was trial and error. Rayna felt this overbearing guilt that hung over her head. And she knew Anthony was getting frustrated. The way he would look at her and turn away after each failed pregnancy test. The disappointing glares and the tone he carried when he talked to her.

She went back to Dr. Hastings and requested the stronger medicine. After a few days, Rayna felt like she was ready.

Anthony was laying in bed watching the TV. Rayna came out of the bathroom and studied Anthony. He was focused on what was on the TV and hadn't noticed her. Rayna untied her robe and let it drop to the floor. She was wearing nothing but some lace panties. She crawled on top of Anthony taking him by surprise a little.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Relax." she whispered. She kissed him passionately then began to kiss his neck. She reached to stroke his member.

Anthony was not going to entertain this. Rayna was very, very attractive woman but, for awhile he just couldn't bring himself to make love to his wife. He loved her, it was just the fact they couldn't conceive turned him off.

"Rayna, stop." Anthony said. He pulled her away from him.

"What?" she said.

"Not...not tonight." he said.

"Why?" she said brokenhearted.

"Just not tonigt." he said. Anthony took his shirt off and gave it to her. "Put that on. Let's just got to bed."

Anthony cut out the lights and laid down. Rayna slipped the shirt on and slid under the sheets. Disappointed and hurt, Rayna sliently cried herself to sleep.

She didn't like disappointing Anthony and this had to be one of the worst times. She felt like she failed their relationship. She began to blame herself for the reason they couldn't have a child. It seemed right, she was the one that wasn't fertile.

A part of her spirit was broken.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 214 37
Rocky and Alyson have a whirlwind romance, but unexpected things keep occurring that change their lives entirely, will they be able to have the young...
3.3K 287 9
Ephemeral - lasting only for a short time The love which had no bounds, now just left some deep wounds, The jar of love which we thought we will kee...
Schreved By meme

Fanfiction

61.2K 763 32
America and Maxon are finally married. They couldn't each be more happy. This story follows their lives after The One ends. I didn't write The Selec...
146 27 28
It's been 6 years. A lot has happened. Marriages, babies, living successful lifestyles. Everything is completely different now. Symonéé is now marri...