Its A Kind Of Magic (Previous...

By GalaxyDefender1201

(Previously known as 'Deciding') Jess is your average college girl. She's quite pretty, has a bright future a... More

Chapter 1: The Boat Ride
Chapter 2 - Morning Selfie
Chapter 3: New Kid On The Block
Chapter 4: Date time Cupcake
Chapter 5: One Question, One Argument
Chapter 6: Making Ammends
Chapter 7: Party Pooper
Chapter 8: Jacks POV
Chapter 9: The War Zone
Chapter 10: Second Chances
Chapter 11: Party Planner
Chapter 12: The Dress
Chapter 13: Jacks POV
Chapter 14: The Birthday Party
Chapter 15: Jacks POV
Chapter 16: We need to talk
Chapter 17: True Pain
Chapter 18: I'll be ok
Chapter 19: Little Monkey
Chapter 20: The Best-ish Time Of Year
Chapter 21: Christmas Day
Chapter 22: Your secret is safe with me
Chapter 23: Punishment
Chapter 24: Mouldy Pumpkins, Frappes and Sleepovers
Chapter 25: New Years Eve
Chapter 26: Jacks POV
Chapter 27: Goofy smiles and Good News
Chapter 28: Long Time No See
Chapter 29: His True Home
Chapter 30: Brotherly Love
Chapter 31: Phone Conversations... with who?
Chapter 32: Big Fatty Blobby
Chapter 33: Hide and Seek
Chapter 34: Confessions
Chapter 35: You need some TLC and to get ready to KTA!
Chapter 36: Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them
Chapter 37: Jack's POV
Chapter 38: Jack's POV- Oh Wise One Danny
Chapter 39: Not To Toot My Own Horn
Chapter 40: Jack's POV
Chapter 41: Mash Potato
Chapter 42: Mothers Know Best
Chapter 43: I'm Not Stupid
Chapter 44: Those Cliché Moments
Chapter 45: Humpty Dumpty
Chapter 46: Pretty Girls
Chapter 47: I Understand
Chapter 48: This Was Going To Be Brilliant!
Chapter 49: Finally Becoming A Reality
Chapter 51: The Date
Chapter 52: No Strippers
Chapter 53: I Missed You
Chapter 54: The Wedding
Epilogue
Extra #1
Extra #2
Extra #3
Extra #4
Extra #5
Important A/N on Deciding! Sorry Not An Update
Extra #6
Officially The End
⭐️Some News!!⭐️

Chapter 50: The Summer Dance And The Case Of The Missing Lipstick

59 3 3
By GalaxyDefender1201

Hiya Guys, I hope you enjoy this much anticipated chapter (well at least I hope it was haha) At last you will find out what Jack's plan is and if it will succeed.

Play the song above when the lyrics start to appear by the way!! 😉

The picture above is the dresses, shoes and hairstyles each of the girls have.

Anyway enjoy 😊
******************************

"Come on Beth, we're going to be late" I sighed as she started flinging all her things across my room.

"I can't go just yet"

"And why is that? Ryan is waiting patiently downstairs and I'm pretty sure he's as bored as I am at the moment"

"Well tonight is a very important night for me" she states.

"Why?"

"Well I'm going to tell Ryan I love him" she said with a happy sigh.

"Aaww Beth" I cooed.

"I know I know" she giggled.

"So why can't we go then? And why are you turning my bedroom into a pig sty?" I asked tapping my stiletto clad feet impatient.

"Because I need my lucky lipstick. I can't unless I'm wearing my lucky lipstick" she said as if it were the most obvious thing ever.

"You put one in your clutch, is that it?" I asked.

"Oo let me check" she ran to her clutch and started rummaging through it again. "No that's just my normal one, I've put that in there just in case I want to change it"

"So where is this oh so lucky one then?" Gosh this has turned into the case of the missing lipstick!

"It must be at home, I'll just ask Ryan to stop off at mine before school"

"But Beth we're already late as it is" I grumbled.

Beth's POV~

Gosh doesn't this girl shut up? I know we're late, I'm not stupid!

I don't really have a lucky lipstick, it's just part of the plan.

And it was working as well. At the moment we were 20 minutes late. And by the time we get to mine and I've found my 'lucky lipstick' it will be at least 40. Then about 10 minutes to school.

That should give Jack plenty of time. All I have to do is wait for his signal- a text- that the plan is under way.

Jess' POV~

"Okay lets go and get my lipstick. Oh and don't tell Ryan about what I told you" she imitated zipping her lips.

"I won't now come on lets go"

Ryan gave Beth a kiss when we got to the bottom of my staircase. He'd heard us coming down and instantly shot up from his seat.

"Gosh Beth, you look amazing. So beautiful" He said, his words full of meaning. I 'aaww'd' at the two and Beth blushed.

"Thank you, you don't look to bad yourself" he grinned happily at her comment.

"Okay you two love birds, lets get going"

They both nodded and exchanged glances.

We made our way to Ryan's little Peugeot 208 and he started to drive towards Beth's house 5 minutes away. Although for some reason, Ryan took the long way round and instead of it taking us just 5 minutes, it took us just over 10.

Did he not know we were already late enough as it is?

Beth and I hopped out when we arrived and started searching her house for this lipstick. She said it was a dark red called 'Mystic Vampire' or something like that.

Beth's POV~

I knew where this lipstick was. I wasn't stupid. I didn't want her to stumble across it in the first few minutes. No, so I ran straight to my room, and before she made it up the stairs I shoved it into my clutch.

After about 10 minutes Jess had gone down stairs to search. Then I received my text from Jack, confirming that the plan was set to go ahead.

I sent a quick text to Ryan, informing him we wouldn't have to take the long route anymore and then slipped it back into my clutch.

I pulled the lipstick out as well and shouted to Jess.

"I found it!" I called and then I went downstairs.

"Finally" Jess said happily and we made our way back to Ryan's car. He nodded at me when we got in, confirming that he'd received my text and then he sped off.

Jack's plan was going to be amazing. I really hope Jess listens to him.

Jess' POV~

When Beth found her lipstick I literally thanked God. Who knew it would take so long to find one lipstick. But then again, looking for anything in Beth's room is hard. So finding something so small was like finding a needle in a haystack.

Ryan sped off and in about 10 minutes we'd arrived at school. The dance was being held in the big assembly hall, not that we had many assemblies.

The committee was supposed to be getting it ready for the past week. Apparently according to Ryan, when it was his final 'Summer Dance' they went all out, and each year they always try to out do the year before. So he had high hopes for this year.

He parked and we all got out the car, but Ryan ran around to help Beth out which was really cute.

They linked arms as they excitedly walked to the entrance. I just walked behind them, alone, fiddling with my clutch bag.

The party was obviously already in full swing, you could hear the music thumping from the car park.

We made our way into the entrance hall and saw a red carpet, obviously leading to the dance.

Just off to the right of it, I saw Harriet and Aiden, and Izzy and Danny waiting for us.

When the girls saw us, they came running over- well they attempted to run in their heels- to us and embraced Beth and I in a bone crushing hug.

"Look at us, first year of college done" Harriet says excitedly.

"I know right, I still remember our first day" I said. And I did, vividly. The chase between Jack and I down the corridor, meeting... ugghh, Tom.

"Yeah same, anyway lets go in. You've already missed like forty minutes" Izzy pointed out.

We all nodded and walked down the red carpet. A long the way, there was a photo booth and also a photographer.

The four of us girls squeezed into the slightly larger than usual photo booth and took some photos.

We each got a strip and when we came out the boys were just finishing off with the photographer.

They called us over to have a big group shot. Someone placed their hand on my waist, and just as I was about to look who it was the photographer called out to me to look at him. So I couldn't.

But when he was done I turned around and there was no one behind me.

The girls had individual pictures with their dates and then just us girls had a photo before we continued down the red carpet.

The photos would be shipped to our houses in the next few days so we didn't need to carry them round all night. How thoughtful.

We reached the doors and Ryan and Danny opened them for us before re-taking their dates arms.

The music flooded the air around us and the girls hurried in.

I took a deep breath and walked in slowly. I plastered on a smile and followed after my friends.

The room looked amazing. The committee really did do good.

Hanging from the ceiling were fairy lights and black and silver balloons with the strings hanging down.

The table all had white or silver table cloths and they had vases in the middle filled with even more fairy lights and little crystals.

It looked amazing.

We grabbed a drink and found a table. We all chatted for a while and discussed plans for the summer.

'Pretty Girls by Britney Spears ft. Iggy Azalea' came on and us girls jumped up from our seats and ran to the dance floor.

The boys looked at us in amusement.

"Okay girls the last two months of our lives has lived up to this moment" Beth said.

We all cheered as the lyrics started to play.

"All around the world, pretty girls
Wipe the floor with all the boys
Pour the drinks, bring the noise
We're just so pretty!
All around the world, pretty girls
Jump the line, to the front
Do what we like, get what we want
We're just so pretty!" We all sang in perfect harmony.

We all started dancing sexily.

We sung the rest of the song perfectly and several people who were watching cheered happily and clapped for us.

We went and sat back down and the boys praised us with big goofy grins.

After a few minutes we all got back up and danced; laughing and had fun was our main priority tonight.

Although it didn't feel right.

Why?

Because Jack wasn't with us. It was like we'd all thrown a party and forgot to invite Jack.

He always was great fun at parties and I missed him.

But he was probably off somewhere with his new lady friend.

I shrugged off the thought, not wanting to ruin my mood and carried on dancing with my friends.

I saw Beth whisper something to Danny and he nodded. Obviously couldn't hear her over the music.

The next song played and the others sat down, it was just Beth and I.

I was dancing in the middle of the floor with Beth when the music changed and everyone parted and moved to the side of the room. I went to follow, but Beth shook her head and walked off.

The circle that had formed around me opened up in a section.

Oh god, what was happening? Was I going to get abducted by aliens? Kidnapped? I shivered.

Then I saw him. He stood there looking as gorgeous and handsome as ever; as much as I hated to admit it. He was wearing a black suit, white shirt and black skinny tie, his hair perfectly styled into a floppy quiff.

He walked slowly over to me and stopped a couple of feet away.

"Jess" he nodded his head.

What was he doing here? Well, I mean its a college dance, any student can attend so what was I expecting.

I just didn't think he'd be here tonight.

"Jack..." I said. The lyrics started sounding through the speakers as Jack stepped closer.

'Remember when I said;
I won't miss you.

The truth is that I do
I never stopped thinking about you'

"Dance with me Jess?" He almost whispered.

"Jack I-"

"Please" he pleaded and his eyes showed sadness. I nodded and he showed a small smile. He took my hand and placed it on his shoulder before clasping the other and then placing his free hand on my waist.

'We are meant together,
The two of us are bound'

He started to move and I followed, noticing how good he was. Then I remembered Christmas Day; how we danced and twirled and swirled. I remembered the happiness... that was no longer there.

'Now it seems like forever,
I can't get you off my mind'

As if reading my mind he begun to swirl me around. His eyes never left mine, I briefly glanced around and saw everyones eyes on us.

I wonder if he planned all this?

'If I could wish upon a star,
Then I would hold you in my arms
And I know we can love once again

If I could turn the hands of time,
Then you would love me
Still be mine.
Baby I would be right where you are,
If I could wish upon a star'

I looked into his sky like eyes and got lost in them. He gave me a small smile and I returned it. He gently picked me up and spun me and then continued to spin me.

It felt magical.

'Its obvious and everyone can see,
Baby you and I are truly meant to be.
But nothing turns out right,

If only I could make you realise
If only time could give us just another chance,
I'd prove it all to you'

The fairy lights that hung from the ceiling made everything feel so much more... different. Romantic.

Magical.

'If I could wish upon a star
If I could turn the hands of time,
Then I'd be in your arms again'

The music became a bit more upbeat and then Jack whisked me around the floor, more passionately than earlier.

'If I could wish upon a star,
Then I would hold you in my arms
And I know we could love once again

If I could turn the hands of time,
Then you would love me,
Still be mine

Baby I would be right where you are,
If I could wish upon a star'

The song finished and neither one of us let go. We both just stood there swaying.

Gosh I love this boy.

I can't believe he did all this for me!

Does this means he still likes me?

I sure hope so...

"Jess, listen I know I was an asshole and that I am probably the last person that you would even consider talking to right now, because I kept important things from you and I shouldn't have. And I need you to know that what you saw the other day isn't what you think it is. But theres one more thing I haven't told you-" I cut off his fast, rambling speech by kissing him, hoping he would return it.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him with all my power. After a moment of hesitation he kissed back, full of love and passion. He wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up slightly so I was hovering a couple of inches above the dance floor.

When we pulled back, both of our faces lit up.

"I'm in love with you Jess" he whispered slightly louder than normal. I kissed him again. This time just a lingering peck on the lips.

"And I love you too Jack"

This time he kissed me.

"Always have" he said.

"And I think I always will" I finished and then we kissed again.

The room broke out into an eruption of whoops and cheers. I backed away from Jack slightly, blushing from the little display and saw Beth, Harriet and Izzy running- as fast as they could in their heels- over to me. Danny doing the same to Jack, just at a lower speed and obviously not in heels.

The girls gushed over the two of us and my cheeks involuntarily blushed even more.

I looked over at Jack and saw him staring lovingly at me.

He walked over to me and leant down to whisper in my ear.

"Look over there" he gestured with his eyes at a certain someone who had entered the circle formed around us.

Tom. With that little slut he'd cheated on me with. Ughh.

I nodded to Jack and walked over to them, Jack flanking me whilst holding my hand.

"Jess" Tom nodded.

"Tom" I replied courteously. I acted mature and the bigger person, holding my head high.

"You two together then?" He asked.

"Yes" Jack said proudly, giving my hand a little squeeze.

"I always knew you'd end up with that" he said to Jack, smirking once again. Jack growled at his use of the word 'that' referring to me. He tried to step forward but I pushed him back, instead stepping forward myself.

"You know what Tom, you have no right to talk about me like that. You cheated on me with her" I said gesturing to the girl next to him that was showing too much ass and too much of her cleavage that was obviously half fake. "Remember that?"

"Oh come on your not honestly still worked up about that are you?" Tom said rolling his eyes while the girl giggled.

That was it. I'd had enough, so I did the only thing reasonable.

I hoisted my dress up a few inches and swung my foot back and kicked it straight at Tom's crown jewels. He winced in agony and dropped to the floor. Everyone broke out into a slow clap. I curtseyed.

"Asshole" I muttered before turning around and walking away.

Jack jogged up next to me an chuckled nervously.

"Remind me not to get on your bad side" he said and I laughed. Everyone was a little shocked at my actions towards Tom, but laughed anyway. Plus I felt a lot better because of it.

I saw Beth staring at my wide eyed whilst laughing hysterically.

"Well done Jess, although I think I'd of pulled out that bitches hair extensions as well. They are so fake" I then joined her in her laughing fit.

"Can we go talk? Please" Jack whispered a few moments later.

"Yeah" I nodded and he sighed with relief.

He led me through the college corridors and to the science block. The school seemed eerie without any lights or people so I clung to Jack's arm.

When we got to the science block the door to the outside garden bit was open.

He guided me out and we sat down on a bench by the pond, which was sparkling with the small amount of moonlight.

"Listen Jess, what you saw at the cafe wasn't me moving on. It was nothing like that. Remember when I said I'd found my Dad? Well she was the private investigator I'd hired to help me. I kissed her because she found my Dad, well actually I did but she actually tracked him down. I love you Jess, not Penny. And besides she has a boyfriend" he chuckles.

I groan as I let my face fall into his shoulder.

"God I feel so stupid" he chuckled again.

"Hey listen, don't worry it was just a misunderstanding"

I nodded. "I mean I sorta figured out you still like me after what you pulled in there. Kinda extravagant for someone you don't love"

"Yeah" he kissed my lips again, but slowly and passionately.

"Oh and by the way, was it your idea? The whole ambush me with a dance thing?" I said after pulling away.

"Yeah"

"I love you" I said with a humongous smile.

"I love you much" kiss. "much" kiss. "more"

We stayed there for a while, with his arms wrapped around my waist, my head laying on his shoulder.

I felt happy.

He explained about the whole plan and how everyone was in on it.

"I love you" I said for probably the millionth time this evening. I mean come on I've gotta make up for all this lost time.

"You have no idea how long I've waited to hear those words come out of your mouth" he whispered lovingly. "I love you too"

We both smiled at each other like love struck teenagers. Oh wait, we are love struck teenagers.

Eventually we went back into the dance; but not until we'd got a picture together. And not until after we'd got several strips of pictures from the photo booth.

I thought back to this morning. I was so upset.

Flashback-

Ding Dong!

"Can someone get that?" My Dad called.

I couldn't be bothered to get out of bed so I just lay there silently.

"No? Okay thanks everyone" He said sarcastically causing me to giggle.

A few moment later I heard the sound of feet coming up the stairs so I quickly pretended to be asleep.

"Jess?" My Dad knocked on my door gently. No reply.

"Jess?" He elongated my name. No reply.

"Okay I guess I'll just have to take the parcel that is addressed to you and put it in the bin" that snapped my eyes open.

"I'm up! I'm up!" I called excitedly.

I hardly ever get packages. Not unless it's my birthday or Christmas. Of which it is neither. And of course there is when I buy things off of Amazon, but I haven't ordered anything recently.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I opened the door and Dad handed me a big cardboard box with just my name on top.

So it hasn't been mailed either.

I shut the door on my Dad mumbling a small thank you as I was too pre-occupied with my box.

I heard him mumbling to himself outside about how teenagers these days were 'rude' and 'ungrateful'. I mean of course he was joking, I'm lovely!

So I sat on my bed, box in hand. It was quite heavy and the box was fairly large.

What could it be?

I tore off the tape and lifted off the lid. It was filled with layers of tissue paper. And on the top was a little square of card with just 3 words on it.

            I'm Sorry
                            -Jack

I lifted out all the tissue paper and saw a hand decorated photo album.

I lifted it out and ran my hands across its cover.

'Our Memories' was written on the front with sequins and beads and glitter surrounding it.

I opened it up and on the first page was the very first picture of the two of us.

It was the first day of nursery when we were 3 years old and Jack and I stood holding hands on the way inside.

We'd only just met, yet we became best friends. Later that day is when we met our black haired beauty of a friend Beth and our adorable baby faced friend Danny.

The next pages were various ones of first days at school, birthdays, school plays, sports days and other things. Then pages where we were older.

It bought a tear to my eye.

I flicked over the page and saw there was no picture just a message.

              I miss you.

I wanted to shout from the rooftops that I miss you too, hoping he might happen to hear me. But I didn't.

Just seeing how much effort had been put into this, made me realise just how much love my heart possessed for this boy.

My whole heart was reserved for him.

He just had no room in his.

End of flashback.

I can't believe how wrong I was! He never stopped loving me, I was just too stubborn to give him a chance to explain.

The rest of the night we all danced and had fun, Jack and I, Beth and Ryan, and then Danny and Isabel and Harriet and Aiden.

When 'Uptown Funk' came on Danny and Jack shared a look that confused us all.

They both made everyone stand back and form a circle around them.

To our surprise they executed the dance moves from the video almost perfectly. It was hilarious to watch and it was safe to say half the people there videoed them; Beth, Danny and I included.

They rejoined us after they'd finished and I gave him a quick peck causing him to send me a humongous smile; which I gladly returned.

I noticed Tom leave half way through the performance with his little tart clinging desperately onto his arm. He looked annoyed due to the fact that Jack was so popular among the students when he used to be as well.

It was fair to say, after everyone found out about what he did to me, Tom was not liked.

By anyone.

At all.

Other than maybe like 2 people; if we're counting his parents and even then it's only like half the time. I laughed at my own joke childishly.

I smirked as I caught his eye and turned back to my friends.

Later on we all took a group picture and it was a picture of pure happiness. Something that we all were in the midst of. We were all happy.

At some point during the night Beth told me about why she delayed us and how the lipstick thing was all fake and just a way to keep me from arriving so early.

What was true however was that Beth actually did tell Ryan she loved him. Only thing was, he beat her to it and said it first.

We all danced in our little group, singing alone to 'Shawn Mendes' One of those nights'. It was mainly just us girls but eventually the boys sort of figured out the lyrical and attempted to sing along with us.

As we all finished we cheered and Jack surprised me by kissing me with a lot of gusto. I smiled into the kiss and I felt him do it too.

What a perfect end to a perfect night...

*******************************
A/N Hiya Guys!! FINALLY HAHA! They're finally together!

Can I get whoop whoop?

I feel like standing there just dancing and singing

"Celebrate good times, come on!"

Who's glad they're together?

What did you think of Jack's plan? Romantic or what? Huh huh?

I'm afraid there's not many chapters left now 😭

I feel like we've come along way, I mean we have, come on 50 chapters? I didn't think anyone would read the first 1 never mind 50!!

Oh and can I also say thank you for making me hit over 2k reads and over 200 votes! Seriously you guys, that means the world to me!

But anyway, keep reading the next chapters.

Love to you all ❤️❤️❤️

B- Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

519 22 21
What would you do if you're life revolved around lying? What would you do if you finally met your match who bests you in everything? This is the sto...
20.2K 886 43
Isn't it ironic? The three middle letters of 'believe' are L-I-E *** Addyson "Addy" Alway has done horrible things in her life. Lying about sexual...
6.6K 534 38
By the second date they were moving in together, a disaster they didn't expect awaited them She was a rich naïve sheltered girl, joining college was...
284K 7.8K 34
••• This is a story about a girl. A girl who lied all too well. One who was bored, pretty, and sad. A girl who mastered the art of pretending. Pr...