*Published* Accidental Babies...

By saiidah

*SAMPLE* Published on 27 Jan 2019, up on Amazon Jason Halloway had a hard time finding a nanny for his recent... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Harry's book is OUT!!!
Edited 2018
Ko-Fi
One Shot
Getting PUBLISHED
We're live
Chapters: Interactive Stories
Chapters: Special February Contest

Chapter 20

301K 9.6K 496
By saiidah

April knew she was being childish. Her mother was vocal enough when they were putting the twins to sleep. Mrs Salvador's squinty eyes brought about that point well enough as well. But, she just couldn't help it. Jason's outburst had hurt.

She tried to tell herself that he didn't mean it, he was stressed about the twins' mother suddenly claiming mental instability, maybe even losing his children. But it didn't create a dent on the bubble of hurt surrounding her heart.

'Oh, don't be soo stupid,'she groused to herself softly while checking on the twins. She smoothen her hand over Tanner's head, enjoying the softness, concerned about the bump on his head. He'd been whimpering in his sleep and it wasn't a good whimper. It's like he was having a nightmare.

She worried. About the implication if he or Daphne was ever in that woman's hands again. Their safety. Their future if Carrie was a permanent fixture in their lives. Something in her chest knotted painfully when she thought of the pain they'd have to endure.

This was the third time she'd been trying to convince herself not to take Jason's words to heart. It was still not working. 'His work is already stressful. With this new development, he's in even more pressure. Your stupid phone call didn't help, either-'

'Your call wasn't stupid,'Jason suddenly said from the doorway. Startled, she whipped her head around and was struck dumb. She didn't know what it was, the lighting or maybe the sweat glistening all over his arms and shoulders. All she knew was that she felt light-headed and her mouth was drier than the Sahara.

Jason had obviously just came back from the gym, he's in his tank top and basketball shorts. And he looked delicious enough to eat. Maybe with whipped cream or chocolate. Wait, definitely chocolate. But he's ticklish. She'd have to tie him up. Her body heated up just thinking about it.

'If you are done mentally stripping me, can we talk?'she heard Jason ask wryly. When his words finally penetrated the fog of sexual heat around her, her face went red but nodded. He moved into the room, keeping her in sight, as if afraid that she was going to run away. Silence engulfed them for a few moment.

'First off, I'd like to apologise for my behavior this evening. It was, and is, embarrassingly extremely juvenile of me,'she said in a rush. His eyes widened in shock but he nodded.

'Apology accepted. But can I ask why?' Discomfort assailed her. She didn't want him to know the whole, pathetic truth of her past but their relationship was still young. It's best to let it all out now rather than later. When she had a more vested interest in it.

'It's mainly due to two reasons. As we both know, I'm not the most attractive person. Ever- No. Let me say this,'she told him when he was about to interrupt. His lips compressed, showing his disagreement, but he didn't cut in. Relief filled her. She really only wanted to say this once. 'Because of that, I've not been in many relationships. Actually I've only been in three relationships. And they were not what one would call a healthy relationship. I knew it wasn't healthy but I stayed.

'Which leads me to the next reason. My whole life, I've been told that I'm worthless, not smart, not pretty. My whole life. Mom isn't like that but she's often out working. So much so that her love and support can't get through the words that was an everyday occurrence to me. My opinion of myself had always been low and only now, with you, the twins, Mom and even Mrs Salvador, it's slowly changing. But, today, I-I just reverted to my old self. I didn't want to give you more reason to get angry with me. That was my mentality. So I created the distance between us. By addressing you formally and acting like a servant,'she finished quietly. She felt drained. It had been soo difficult, airing it all to him. And now, to wait for his reaction. It was nerve-wracking.

His arms suddenly appeared around her, pulling her to his chest. Startled, she stiffened then relaxed into him. Surely he wouldn't be hugging her if he was revolted?

'I'm sorry for lashing out on you,'he finally said. She didn't expect that, wanted to turn and dispute that. Instead she found his arms becoming bands of steel and his index finger against her lips, silencing her. 'It's my turn now.'

'Fine,'she murmured.

'As I was saying, I'm sorry. It's difficult for me to admit but I knew I shouldn't have said all that I'd said to you. I know you don't use me for my money. I know you didn't have any ulterior motive for wanting your mother to stay with us. I'd like to say that it won't happen again but, knowing me, we both know that's unlikely.' She smiled at that. Jason was extremely hot - tempered, especially when he's under pressure. 'As long as you won't repeat what you did tonight, I think I can survive anything.'

Surprised by the vulnerability in his voice, she looked up at him and saw how weary he looked. She hadn't expected her withdrawal to affect him soo much but now, remorse filled her. Wanting to comfort him, she nodded,turning to hug him. Suddenly,he buried his face in her shoulder and held her tight.

And, in his embrace, she finally had the strength to ignore the taunts that still lived in her head.

- -------@@@@---------

Jason sat back in his office chair after his lawyers left. He couldn't believe what they'd just told him. What they'd just found. By some miracle, Carrie's claims were true. Apparently, she was under some emotional stress when she'd signed away her rights. He still didn't believe it and was getting a private investigator to delve further into that. Right now, he had gone over several scenarios with his lawyers to keep her grubby hands off his children.

His phone rang. From the ringtone, he knew it was April. A smile briefly landed on his lips but, recalling that he had to break the bad news to her, it left as soon as it arrived. Taking a deep breath, he answered.

'Hey, sweetheart. How's your day been?'he asked.

'It's been fine. Mom and Mrs Salvador are out buying grocery. I'm preparing the twins so that we can go to their first year check up,'she replied in a rush. She must've been having a bad time because he could faintly hear her calling for the twins under her breath. He heard her put down the phone and probably chasing after his mischievous children. Allowing the normalcy of it wash over him, he decided to shelf the bad news for the moment. He wished he was with them. Even if he wasn't going to be of any help, their presence was like a balm to his soul. Her voice came over the line again. 'Hi. Sorry for that.'

'No worries. It gave me time to unwind,'he told her.

'That bad?'

'Yeah. The doctor seems to corroborate the evaluation. But I don't trust it. Looks too good to be true,'he told her. He was glad he'd been able to repair the rift he'd caused. She hmm'ed in response but he knew she was listening. She only did that when she's thinking things over. 'I'll have to get an investigator to look deeper into this. Hopefully it'll clear this mess. In the mean time, I have to fight Carrie for custody. It's going to be difficult though.'

'I wish I could help but my influence only goes soo far. Meaning not far at all,'she responded worriedly. He smiled. Her support meant the world to him. And it eased the burden, knowing she was with him.

'My driver is on the way to send you to the appointment along with some men for safety. Don't argue,'he told her fiercely when he heard her preparing to do just that. 'The press is lapping all this up. Carrie has been putting on a show, accusing me of abusing my kids and you of neglecting them while you're in pursuit of me. They will target you to get a reaction. I don't want you to be in a situation where you're mobbed by them.'

'When did she do that?'she asked curiously while, he's assuming here, putting the twins into their prams.

'Just this morning.' He heard her sigh and a knot in his chest, which had clenched when he realised she could be in danger, loosened. He knew she'd capitulated. 'Have fun at the doctor's.'

'Ha ha,'she deadpanned. He had to hide a snigger, knowing the twins would be having their shots as well. 'We'll be going to the park after. Do you want to join us?'

'It's not safe-'

'It'll take their minds off the shot,'she returned fiercely. He had to concede that point. The twins loved being in the park, especially playing with the sand. Knowing that and their impending trip to Shot City, he couldn't begrudge them this. Even so, he couldn't shake a sense of unease. 'And didn't you hire bodyguards? We'll be fine.'

Famous last words.

AN: Hey guys. SURPRISE. I'm sure you guys thought I won't be updating till next month but I'm feeling generous. And very happy about that milestone. Maybe if you guys help me reach another milestone, I'll update more. He he he. (But this really largely depends on whether I have any reserves:( )

So, what did you guys think of this chapter? Like it? Don't like it? Would you like to add something? Tell me!!!

On a side note, do you guys know of anyone who does covers? I'm thinking of rewriting AR and want to consider another cover. But I'll only post it next year...ish. not sure when but definitely definitely a few months after AB finishes. Please help me, guys. *sad puppy eyes*

Anyways, VOTE & COMMENT. Thank you :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6M 527K 72
Previously known as Married to my sister's fiancé "Are you......Emily Jones? The biological daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jones?" The lawyer asked and I n...
6M 234K 45
"Wait let me get this straight, you want me to get fat?" Cara does not know if she should be offended or threatened. Was this his grand plan to make...
1M 29.7K 54
WANTED: NANNY FOR BILLIONAIRES I wish that's what the ad had said. Because it was a huge surprise when I was picked up for my job interview in a fre...
Spiral Fate By [ ]

General Fiction

447K 23.2K 45
[MPreg] [ManXMan] [Completed] Carlisle Ross, was what you call a typical office worker suddenly found himself in a tight situation. It's all because...