Dricki: What's Stopping Us

By kliopatra

ADVISORY *This story is an adopted romantic fanfiction based on free and spontaneous creativity without any c... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19: Happy Valentine's day
Chapter 20: It was a mistake
Chapter 21: Trinidad, here I come
Chapter 22: We don't need you
Chapter 23: So... Labelmate
Chapter 24: That's my man
Chapter 25: He knows
Chapter 26: The fuck is going on here
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
A. N.

Chapter 12

786 46 11
By kliopatra

"What colour are we wearing?"

"Oh, right. I almost forgot." She reached out for a tissue in her nightstand drawer and handed it him.

"What's this for?"

"The colour we are wearing."

"Pink?" She nodded. "Are you serious?"

"Absolutely. Make sure to have that exact shade." Drake looked at her weird. "You can wear brown if want."

"A brown suit, white shirt and a pink tie." Both looked to the same side like in the movies trying to imagine Drake's outfit. "Hell no. I guess I have to go shopping tomorrow."

"Yeah, do that. Call your boys, I'll call my girls, then we can meet up for a lunch date."
"Perfect."

***

It was finally Saturday and girls were at Nicki's house to get ready for the night. They spent the afternoon doing each other's hair, makeup, nails and had lunch together. They were engaged in small girly talk when Carol knocked the door then entered the room.

"Girls, your dates are here." The girls squealed and grabbed their phones and purses. They made their way downstairs one by one. First Thembi, then Lauren, Candi, Sherika and Nicki was the last one. She wore a pink sequinned long strapless dress with a side slit, some silver high heels and accessories. Her hair was in it's natural curls and her makeup was as natural as possible.

"I'm lost for words of how sexy you look."

"Why, thank you. And you sir, look so handsome." Nicki said in her British accent fixing his bow tie. She had to confess that seeing him in a tuxedo turned her on.

"I literally tried. I am not feeling the pink."

"You know, you didn't have to wear it."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, As long as you know who you belong to, I don't care what you wear."

"Thank goodness, let me just remove it then."

"Oh, no you won't. Now that I've seen it, you will wear it."

Carol started taking a whole bunch of pictures of them as couples, as a group and friends. She almost cried so everyone hugged her so she wouldn't get sad. Her daughter was going to prom.

When it was time to leave, the girls were surprised they were were going to school by limo.

"I can't believe you guys actually got a limo."

"Yeah. We said we were getting a limo, so we get a limo."

"You wanted a big car so everyone could fit in."

"You got a point there."

"Prom, here we go!"

And so, they drove off. As soon as they got there, they were well greeted by everyone, so bonding wasn't a problem. Dancing, chatting, a little snack here, a little drink there, just enjoying the night away.

***

"I still can't believe y'all voted for us as prom queen and king." Nicki said playing with her tiara making her way to the limo. It was such a big surprise for her since she wasn't a spotlight kind of person. Yet as for Drake, he was one of most popular people in school, so no big deal for him.

"You're like, the cutest couple in school. What else did you expect?" Lauren said.

"I don't know... One of the cheerleaders maybe."

"Nope, queen and king of prom go by couples." Drake said hugging Nicki from behind. Sherika took her camera out and snapped a picture of them.

"This one's for the books, Dricki."

"No, no, no... Don't call us that."

"Why not? Everyone was cheering for Dricki."

"Well, I do love how everyone loves us." Nicki said before pecking Drake's lips. By now, everybody was in the limo.

"Where to, now?" The driver asked.

"Home."

"What? I thought we could go to the club and turn up."

"It's 1 in the morning and some of us are still underaged."

"Oh, that's right... Home it is."

It took about 40 minutes for everyone to be dropped at their houses. Nicki and Drake were the last ones. He accompanied her to her door. They stayed in silence just staring and smiling at each other leaned against the door.

"Did you tell your mom you were coming back late?"

"Yeah, I did warn her. I didn't really know how late these kind of events end." She reached for her purse and got her keys.

"You wanna get in without giving me a good night kiss?"

"Of course not." She leaned and gave him a small peck. Just when she was about to pull away, Drake curled an arm around her waist and pulled her body closer to his. He passionately kissed her and she deepened the kiss.

They were so into each other, that they didn't acknowledged that Carol had opened the door. A few seconds later, Drake whispered to Nicki between the kisses that her mother was there. She peeped to the side and almost jumped from Drake's grip. Both Nicki and Drake blushed.

"I'm glad you two are back. Did you have fun?"

"Yes mom. Best night ever!"

"Glad you liked it." She stroked Nicki's cheek with her right hand. "My baby girl was crowned prom queen."

"Aww, mom. Please don't cry." Nicki hugged her.

"I'm sorry. It's just that you're growing up so fast. Just yesterday you were just a baby, now you're a prom queen... Then who knows, you're gonna have babies and have a family of your won." She looked up to Drake. "Take good care of my baby girl Aubrey."

"I intend to, mama Carol."

Carol broke from her Nicki's embrace. "It's getting pretty late."

"Yeah. I guess I'll see you tomorrow Brey."

"Yeah. I'll come and pick you up at noon."

"What for?"

"Lauren's barbecue, remember?"

"Oh, right." They hugged. "Good night."

"Good night bae."

He gave her one last kiss on the cheek. Nicki and her mother went inside the house and Drake walked back to his.

***

Nicki woke up around 11 am. She wasn't really in the mood to leave the house. She got up and did her morning routine. Didn't even bother dressing up, just some sweatpants and a tank top. Hair in a bun... When she was done, she went downstairs and fixed herself a healthy breakfast and returned to her room. Just went she was about to finish eating, Drake knocked the door then came in.

"Hey Nic, why aren't you dressed. We're gonna be late."

"I'm not in the mood to go anymore." She said laying on her bed.

"Why not? Are you okay?"

"Not really. I'm tired and sleepy. Not feeling good at all."

He thought for a while, then everything clicked. "Time of the month?"

"Hmm..."

"Don't you girls have something to put it in your... To stop the..."

"Drake, I am not talking about this with you... It's awkward."

He nervously chuckled. "Sorry, I'll just drop it." They stayed in a comfortable silence while he stroked her hair, just enjoying each other's presence.

"You can go."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I mean, I don't want to ruin the fun for you."

He kissed her forehead. "Alright, if you want me too. I'll be back early to be with you, okay?"

"Okay. I'll be waiting."

"Bye babe."

"Bye." With that, Drake left.

***

Drake only stayed for the barbecue for three hours. After, he went to the store and got something real cute for Nic. She was texting with her friends when she heard a gentle knock on her door.

"Come in." She said sitting up.

"Hey Nic, how are you feeling? He slowly entered and closed the door behind him.

"A little better."

"Look what brought you." She smiled big when she saw Drake holding a small basket with her favourite goodies. He pecked her cheek and handed it her.

"Aww, Brey. You shouldn't have."

"But I wanted to."

"You're so sweet, you know that?"

"Only for you." She gave him a hug.

"So, how was it?"

"It wasn't the same without you there."

"Aww, don't feel bad. There'll be other times we could go to pool parties. Summer is just around the corner."

"You know, I never saw you in a bikini."

"Then keep waiting playboy." She dug into to basket to find everything she could have asked for. From Romany Creams, to Snickers, to Doritos.

She and Drake had a lazy evening just cuddling, watching movies and eatings snacks. Of course Drake had a hard time trying talk Nicki into sharing because what was his was hers, what was hers was hers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 471 30
❝And every time we touch, I feel like flying.❞ •─────────✦❀✦─────────• Sure, they're friends alright. And sometimes, romance sparks where there is fr...
118K 3.8K 11
Retiring from the NFL was the right decision, and at thirty years old, I've done things most people could only dream of. After all I've accomplished...
1.4K 62 11
danny needs help with math, so she gets a tutor to help her. but what happens when she has a secret that could ruin everything she has created.
22.2K 977 18
Nicki is an aspiring actress and when her teacher introduces her to her famous nephew who happens to be a Hollywood director, Nicki quickly takes on...