In Other Words (Niall Fanfic)

By 1dfix586

Twenty-one year old Niall Horan has been living the life of a popstar since he was sixteen years old. As fort... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty- Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Author's Note

Chapter Thirty-Five

2.5K 27 4
By 1dfix586

Chapter Thirty-Five 

Roxy’s POV

I groaned under my breath as I fished my headphones from my bag to find them a tangled mess. My fingers went to work unraveling the cord as the loudspeaker sounded mind the gap.  The car was mostly empty.  I tucked my tote bag between my heels as I took a seat, popped my earbuds in and watched out the window as the fluorescent lights barely illuminated the dingy brick walls of the Underground.

I was grateful to be out of the office today, but wasn’t exactly looking forward to this meeting in North London, either. I was just feeling a bit off. Ryan was probably still lounging about in his sweats, slowly unpacking his stuff that arrived last night.  I had taken an hour to write up a list of things he should explore today, but found he’d used the slip of paper as a coaster instead.  I found out this morning from Niall that Ryan was going to be given an exclusive tour of the city today by none other than Zayn. Funny, he didn’t mention it. I should have known those two would gravitate toward one another.

He was three and a half years younger than me, but looked about that much older. Ryan’s the type of guy who is fiercely loyal, and will always find a way to make you laugh when you need it. Other than that, he is totally non-committal; Mister Mystery.  It can be maddening sometimes, but I’ve grown used to it over the years. I’m already starting to worry a bit about what he’s going to get up to in London, and I’ve done myself in a bit by giving access to my social circle. I closed my eyes and tried not to get ahead of myself.

The music in my ears was interrupted by the sound of an incoming text from Niall.

What time are you off? Planning a night out for your brother. He’s due for some craic.

I smiled at my screen, clicked out a quick reply and closed my eyes again, my shoulders swaying slightly as the car moved along the track. Ordinarily, a train ride made for excellent people watching, but there weren’t too many midday riders on this particular day. Plus, the last time I let my eyes wander, I was met with the stare of someone that recognized me. I’ve never been awkward talking to strangers, but this is different.  To some people, I am no longer a stranger.  It’s a hell of a thing to wrap your brain around.  

I stepped inside my apartment and swung the door shut dramatically. “Fucking finally.” I grumbled. My stupid meeting had run over by two hours, the last half hour of which was just dragging on and on, almost as if the people wanted to be stuck there. My excellent luck continued, and it took me nearly an hour to get home. Niall stood up from the couch to greet me. I probably looked a mess. “I should have just had you come get me. That was ridiculous.” I spat.

He checked his watch absentmindedly, but the action didn’t help my mood. I was absolutely starved, and I was sure everyone had already eaten dinner by now. I tossed my tote on the floor and headed for my bedroom in a huff.

“Roxy.” He said softly. “I’m sorry you had a rough day, babe.”

“Thanks.” I replied. “But I now I just want to hurry up and get to the bar.” I realized that in all of the rushing, I had forgotten to check in with my brother.  “Fuck. Where’s my fucking phone?”  I was frustrated, and hungry. Not a good combination.

“Baby.” Niall stopped me, gripping my waist and turning me toward him. “You don’t have to rush like this. It’s not a big deal. Ryan’s with the boys, they’re probably not even missing us. Take your time.” His tone was calm, reassuring.  He took my face in both of his hands and pressed a hard, lingering kiss to my lips. I felt my shoulders relax a little, as I pulled back.

“You’re right.” I whispered.

He left his hands on my face. “Of course I’m right.” He brought his lips back to mine and inched forward, pressing himself against me in a way that forced me to step backward in order to keep my balance. Soon, I felt the hard wood of the dining table at my back, the force of our movement making it screech across the floor a couple of inches. My hands flew up to the crook of his elbows, and I pulled him away from my face so I could catch my breath.

“Jesus, Niall.” I trembled.

“I see what’s going on here.” He said. His cheeks were flushed as he brought his hands back down to my hips. No words managed to escape my mouth as I just looked up at him, unsure of his next move. His right hand moved slowly down the top of my thigh, pausing at the hem of my skirt. “My girl’s wound extra tight today.” His swollen lips danced across my forehead as his hand slowly pushed my skirt up, exposing my skin to the air. “Isn’t that right? You’re wound tight.”

I nodded silently in reply, my breath already becoming labored. I was so incredibly conscious of him, his touch, his smell. He pushed onto me again, lifting at the back of my leg indicating I was to sit on the edge of the table. I lifted up on my toes and sat back.  His hands brushed against my knee caps, and they traveled back upward, in perfect unison over my thighs. I couldn’t bring my eyes away from his as I watched him slowly kneel in front of me. “Let’s see if I can’t find a way to unwind you.” He mumbled into the fabric of my panties. His lips grazed me, and could feel his hot breath through the thin cotton, which sent a jolt up my spine. My grip tightened on the edge of the table.

Niall’s POV

My feet hit the pavement and I took her hand as she swung her feet out the door of the car. I glanced down again at my watch. I had sent Liam a text to let him know we were on our way, but that was well over an hour ago. She tucked her hair back behind her ear, and tried her best to flatten out the smirk I am sure my own face carried as well.

“Look who finally decided to show up!” Ryan yelled from a table in the corner. “My favorite sister!” He appeared to be a little drunk. He wasn’t even old enough to legally drink in the States, so this could get interesting.

“I’m your only sister, jackass.” She said, and reached up to ruffle his hair. Ryan returned to his loud and disorganized conversation with the seemingly random people he’d befriended. “Where’s everyone else?”

“Gone.” Harry said, slipping into the chair across from us. “Liam was knackered, and the other two went home with their ladies. About twenty minutes ago. And where were you two?”  He looked up just as I felt a hand lay softly on my shoulder. “Gemma.” He said, surprised.

I shoved my chair back and got to my feet. “Hey there, Gem. How are ya, you doin okay?” I gave her a quick hug, before looking to Roxy for some clue as to whether or not they had met before. She shook her head slightly. “Gemma, this is my girlfriend, Roxy.”

“Nice to meet you.” She said loudly, battling with the howls from the group Ryan had going. They shook hands, and Gemma stepped aside and pulled her friend in beside her.

“This is my friend Allison.”

“You look familiar.” I said. “I’m Niall.”

Roxy’s POV

I only half-listened to the conversation that Niall, Gemma and her friend were having next to me, catching a sentence here and there. I gathered that Allison was some sort of news reporter, and that she and Gemma had been friends since grade school. I kept getting distracted by the noise of the place, and by Harry’s odd behavior.

His fingers picked at the label on his beer bottle, and he hunched forward, ear turned toward his sister, but eyes focused down in front of him. “Rehearsals tomorrow, Harry?” I attempted to strike up a conversation.

“Yeah.” He replied. “Loads left to do before we leave.”

He finally broke his gaze and gave me a polite smile. “I bet.” I offered. He looked up briefly at the trio, still chatting away, before standing and pulling his leather jacket off the chairback. “You’re leaving?” I said. I couldn’t recall a time I’d been out with him that he didn’t shut the place down.

“Just need a bit of fresh air.” He shimmied through the mess of chairs and tables, stopping to finally give his sister a proper hello. “Hi.” He said, kissing her cheek and giving her a one-armed hug. “Just stepping out for a bit.” Gemma nodded at him and resumed her story. “Allie.” He acknowledged her before rushing out the door.

Niall’s POV

Roxy tugged at the leg of my trousers, and lifted her eyebrow in the direction that Harry took off in, suggesting it might be necessary for me to catch up with him. She got up and wandered over to her brother’s side, and took a sip from his pint before introducing herself to the crowd. 

“Well, I’ll let you get back to it then.  Nice to meet you, Allison.”  I said. “Gemma. Always a pleasure. Say hi to your mum for me.”  I’d mastered the art of hasty ends to conversation. Usually, I wasn’t forced to use it on people I actually knew or enjoyed talking to. But, the concern in Roxy’s eyes told me she thought there might be something wrong.  I headed for the door, hoping Harry hadn’t gotten too far, wishing that Zayn hadn’t gone home early to stare at his girlfriend while she slept; this was really more of his gig.  I loved Harry, but I can never seem to find the right words to say when he’s in a funk.

I stood out in front of the bar, trying to decide the best direction to start walking, when I saw him peer around the corner of the building, as if he were waiting for me to come find him. I leaned next to him against the brick wall. He ground the toe of his brown leather shoe into the gravel, silent. I knew better than to question him, so I hoped eventually my presence would make him uncomfortable enough to start talking. He peered around the corner again. I couldn’t take it.

“Are you looking for someone?” I said.

“What?” he straightened against the wall. “No.”

“It seems like you are.”

“Just admiring the scenery.” He said as a group of girls walked past; a semi-drunk sea of tiny dresses.

“Harry. Come on man. I know that’s not…” I started.

“Do you have the time, love?” he stepped out in front of one girl that had fallen behind the pack. Her blue eyes grew wide as she looked up at him.

 “I think it’s about half midnight.” She said.

“Ah. Lots of evening left ahead, don’t you think?” he said, leaning in slightly.

I rolled my eyes, alone in the shadow.  He continued to charm the girl, who was much too eager. Her giggles making my stomach sour. I hated the way he sometimes used women as a way to change the subject, as if he could avoid some impossible task for a few more moments if he just could find a pretty girl and make her want him. It was pathetic, and he knew it.  In one of his rare, candid moments he even told me that he feels like shit about it. For the life of me, I can’t understand why he doesn’t just change.

“Harry.” I stepped out from the side of the building as he began to walk off. “Come on, man. You don’t have to do this.” I caught the back of his jacket in my fist and tugged him backward. He let the girl’s hand fall from his bent elbow and turned back at me, annoyed.  “Let’s just go for a drink. Just you and me, we can go over to The Lock. Sit in the back and watch Ol’ Maggie hand out insults from behind the bar. Like old times.”

I could almost see him replay the memory in his mind. “I can’t, Niall.” He said as he turned back and slung his arm around the girl’s tiny shoulders and started to walk up the street.

“What the fuck are you running from?” I half-yelled after him before ducking back into the bar, knowing he would never give me an answer. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 90 35
Niall Horan is a 22 year old father. He has a six year old daughter from his current relationship. His current relationship is nothing but painful. N...
Secrets By Sarina

Fanfiction

6.5K 946 38
It's scary what a smile can hide. Maria, a twenty one year old who has life all figured out, meets Niall, a simple boy from Ireland. Can Maria keep h...
1.3K 34 13
The overly cliche story of a superstar boy meeting a less-than average girl, with a little twist. Niall Horan meets the weirdest, spunkiest yet most...
556 18 16
Niall horan is a very shy boy who is 22 years old. he works as boss for his dads company, it's called Horan Inc. it's bussy everyday and Niall has a...