Piano Man (Sequel to Isn't S...

By singtomesoftly

After Sarah and Harry's fairytale wedding becomes a nightmare, Sarah ends up raising her two children, Robby... More

Piano Man - Prologue
Piano Man - Chapter 1
Piano Man - Chapter 2
Piano Man - Chapter 3
Piano Man - Chapter 4
Piano Man - Chapter 5
Piano Man - Chapter 6
Piano Man - Chapter 8
Piano Man - Chapter 9
Piano Man - Chapter 10
Piano Man - Chapter 11
Piano Man - Chapter 12
Piano Man - Chapter 13
Piano Man - Chapter 14
Piano Man -Chapter 15
Piano Man - Chapter 16
Piano Man - Chapter 17
Piano Man - Chapter 18
Piano Man - Chapter 19
Piano Man - Chapter 20
Piano Man - Chapter 21
Piano Man - Chapter 22
Piano Man - Chapter 23
Piano Man - Chapter 24
Piano Man - Chapter 25
Piano Man - Chapter 26
Piano Man - Chapter 27
Piano Man - Chapter 28
Piano Man - Chapter 29
Epilogue

Piano Man - Chapter 7

3.4K 91 40
By singtomesoftly

“We’re One Direction and this is us’” the movie faded from the five young boys faces as the credits rolled up.  The ending of the movie replayed in my head over and over again. My eyes started to tear up but I tried to cover it. I loved seeing my dad look so happy with my mom and Robby running around backstage, they really looked in love, they looked like a family.. Noah was a spitting image of Niall when he was younger and the rest of the boys just looked like they were having the time of their lives. For a second I felt anger run through my veins at my dad ruining everyone’s happiness, but then I remembered that I am going to find him. I can tell him how I feel, ask him why he left and then hopefully we can all be one happy family, well if Robby doesn’t mind.  I felt bad for him but I didn’t understand why he was so against even mentioning my father. Robby was what? Three when my father left,he couldn’t even remember how much of a jerk my father was if he wanted to. I tried to sleep but my mind didn’t want to which caused my body to toss and turn constantly, until a little ray of light shone through the window showing tiny dust particles along the sheets and in the air. I let a long breath out blowing the dust in different directions. I wasn’t looking forward to today. I had no sleep whatsoever, and Noah was taking  me to the bar to see if I could get a job there. He said I could, I just had to answer a few questions and get them right, he also said that I’d be an idiot if I got them wrong. I am not worried about that though, I am worried that I will miss Liam’s arrival while I am out folding napkins and busing dishes-the career of my dreams.

Once the sun came up a little more I decided that I should probably get up and try to look human for this interview and a little bit for Noah. I got up and tight my rats nest into a low bun while making my way downstairs. That was until I heard the quiet singing coming from the shower. “Don't want to close my eyes,I don't want to fall asleep. And I don't want to miss a thing” The mystery voice softly song, just the same tone as a hum.  It was soft, deep and very relaxing. It reminded me of a voice I had heard before. That’s when it hit me, the person singing was Robby and he sounded exactly like my father. Before I could move the bathroom door opened and for some reason I turned flush, as If I was embarrassed of his singing. To be honest I was jealous.

“Wow” was all I could get out of my mouth to my brother who had blue foam coming out of his mouth from brushing his teeth.

“fwat?” I got a mumbled ‘what’ out of him.

“I never knew you could sing” I gestured my hands at him but he just shrugged

“ I can’t” and he went to turn away from me.

“Robby you sound exactly like dad did” I gasped at him and Robby rolled his eyes.

“Darc, I am sorry for freaking on you yesterday about dad.  I get you want to find him and I won’t stop you but I also don’t care if he fell of the face of the Earth. You and Mum have always been there and you guys are all I need.”

“I get it” I nodded and walked away.I didn’t fully get it but if I could find my dad then maybe, just maybe I could get Robby to forgive and forget.

“Good Morning sleeping beauty”  Noah smiled as I made my way down the stairs, and he forked half a pancake into his mouth, a spitting image of prince charming,I know. The only thing he was missing was his coat of armour but the coat of maple syrup dripping down his chin could probably do.

“Did you want something to eat Darcy? I am making breakfast for everyone!” Gabby exclaimed with a bright wide smile.

“Would it be to much if I asked for a french toast?” I smiled weakly.

“Of course not, I make a mean French toast”  She  bragged and grabbed a clean frying pan fro the cabinet.

“Darn I like my French toast kind and caring .” I joked and earned a small smile out of her, and nothing out of Noah. I know I am not a comedian but sometimes it seems as if he is bi-polar. So sweet one minute and totally ignoring my existence the next.

“One kind and caring French toast coming up, do we have any other requests perhaps bashful or maybe one with a sense of humour for Mr.Grumpy Pants” Gabby furrowed her eyebrows as Noah, pointing out the fact that Noah didn’t even blink at my little joke.

“Big brothers are a tough crowd” I smiled at Gabby when Niall wasn’t amused by her joke either. She was about to say something when Shawna and Niall came running into the kitchen.

“Noah you are taking Darcy to the pub right?” Shawna asked quickly but didn’t wait for a response. “Gabriela, I expect you get your chores done and then possibly show Robby around?” She barely took a breath when Niall piped up.

“Noah don’t leave Darcy to walk home by herself, I am giving you the old truck to use.” Niall quickly took a breath and continued to talk. “ We are going to pick Liam and his family up at the airport now, we should be home probably a little later then you Darcy, have fun at work and good luck!” and with that Shawna and Niall were out the door. I quickly ate my French toast noticing the time, I wanted to get the interview at the bar over and done with as soon as possible.

“Are you nervous?” Noah asked as he finished his sixth pancake, he stomach was practically bulging. I don’t know how such a skinny boy ate so much.

“ Should I be?” I asked as blood ran to my cheeks as it always did when I got nervous or blushed.

“No,  the manager is pretty cool as long as you don’t mess around too much”

“And I am guessing you don’t mess around at all?” I giggled sarcastically.

“Exactly” he smirked.

“ I’ll go get dressed and then we can go” I nodded as I picked up my plate and set it on the counter and rinsed out my cup so the pulp from my orange juice wouldn’t stick to the bottom.  Then I slowly made my way upstairs regretting getting out of bed so early this morning. I could really go for a six hour nap. I waked into the bathroom and started brushing my teeth well staring at my fairly pale face and my hair that was falling out of it’s messy bun. The good thing about Ireland is everybody was just a fair skinned as I.  I threw on a black romper and some floral tom, well brushing out my medium length hair, parting it down the middle. My hair was never good for styling but I enjoyed the natural look that it gave me most of the time. I applied some nude lipstick and a small amount of mascara when I heard Noah coming up the stairs.

“C’mon now we better get going. My shift starts soon and the manager doesn’t like it when I am late all the time.” Noah spun the keys to the truck around his fingers and when his eyes met me he dropped them. What a klutz.

“ I’m sorry I am hurrying” I said pulling my hair in front of my shoulders and grabbed my bag.

“ You look good.” Noah stated and then his cheeks turned a light colour of pink. “ I mean for your interview, you’ll definitely get the job” he added.

“Thanks’ I smiled as I got into the old beaten up blue pickup truck with Noah, he started the roaring engine and within a few minutes we were pulling up to the pub. Walking there made it seem a lot farther away but I didn’t mind walking...as long as it was with Noah. Noah locked the truck doors while I made my way inside and as soon as I walked in a girl with caramel hair approached me.

“Can I get you anything or guide you to a seat? Our specials today are-”  the  girl was cut off my Noah walking in. “ Hi Noah!”  she swooned at him, Noah smirked and looked at me.

“This is Tayla, her father owns the place, so she sometimes comes and helps him” Noah explained the chipper young girl. “Tayla she is with me”  he added.

“Hey Tayla, I’m Darcy” I smiled.

“I haven’t seen you around before” she asked inquisitively.

“I am visiting  Noah for summer and I am getting a job here.” I explained as I pushed my long brown hair away from my face, the air here was muggy.

“Cool where are you from?” she asked continuing to be just as friendly.

“I’m from Am-” I was cut off by her politely.

“Sorry there is a table I must wait on, I will be back in a jiffy” and with that she walked over to a table of girls who looked around our age but all dolled up in makeup and short skirts.  I wrinkled my nose at them and then let Tayla do her job. I was about to walk away and go find the manager when I overheard the conversation at the table.

“We’ll get six pints of Lager and loaded chips to share” The middle blonde one demanded.

“I’m sorry but can I see your I.D’s” Tayla smirked.

“C'mon we live in Ireland for God sakes.” The blonde rolled her racoon eyes.

“My dad runs an honest business” She explained.

“ Your dad is the last thing from honest, I remember there was that rumour around town that he was the last person to see that boy band member back in the day. What was his name? Oh yea,Harry Styles, kidnapper or a murderer your father is.” the girl bickered. This is when I decided to step in. I normally wouldn’t but I could tell that Tayla was upset, her eyes looked moist and I didn’t think she’d be able to utter a word.

“Excuse me show her your I.D’s or do I need to get you six kiddie cups of apple juice”

“Who are you?” the red head beside the blonde wrinkled up her nose as I did when I saw them.

“ Me? I’m nobody, just Darcy Styles.” I smirked as I spit out my last name everyone’s eyes shot wide as their jaws dropped, even Tayla. “No answer?” I looked to the girls and then quickly changed the direction to the bartender. “ We’ll get these kids six apple juices and loaded chips, but be easy on the spice they’re youngins.” I tried to keep a straight face well saying it.

“Do you even work here?” The bartender asked but still got the order ready.

“She does now” a deep  british voice came from behind me, but I  had to turn my attention downward, as the man speaking was to me was in a wheelchair.

“I do?” I asked confused.

“A daughter of Harry Styles, is a daughter of mine” the ginger man nodded his head. “Plus you showed those slags a thing or to.” He smiled spinning his chair around and getting ready to wheel away. “Tayla, get her an apron, show her the basics and then let her go for the day. I bet she is excited to meet Liam Payne tonight” He winked and then went behind the bar and into the back room.

“Nice to meet you Darcy Styles, I’m Tayla Sheeran.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

957 2 17
The third book to the "Christmas With One Direction" series. PLEASE read the books in order so you are not confused!! Now that Meghan and Harry are...
6.6K 263 74
Once upon a time, Harry Styles visited the seaside village of Janesport, where he met a young Alex Griffin working in her parents' general store. Now...
13 0 1
Architect Harry Styles is in the midst of the project that will make or break his career, the same one that definitely broke his marriage. As he stru...
4.9K 85 61
Harry and Emily meet in Holmes Chapel as two 16 year olds with soaring ambitions. They spend a whole summer together, falling in love, but when Emily...