The Silent Storm. [✔]

By sashabwrites

He's ruthless. He's powerful. He's demanding. He's in pain. Twenty-six year old African-American journalist V... More

The Silent Storm❌
Chapter One❌
Chapter Three❌
Chapter Four ❌
Chapter Five❌
Chapter Six ❌
Chapter Seven (Part 1) ❌
Chapter Seven (Part 2) ❌
Chapter Eight ❌
Chapter Nine ❌
Chapter Ten ❌
Chapter Eleven ❌
Chapter Twelve ❌
Q/A (For Fun)
The Interview(For Fun)
Chapter Thirteen ❌
Chapter Fourteen ❌
Authors Note.
Chapter Fifteen ❌
Chapter Sixteen ❌
Chapter Seventeen ❌
Chapter Eighteen ❌
The End :)

Chapter Two❌

30.3K 1K 462
By sashabwrites

Meet the Browning's and the Cooper's ^^^

Unwanted Relations.

~Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraoridnary destiny~

|1st|

Yesterday was a very fucked up day.

First the unexpected vacation, Veronica's sexcapes, Destiny's Frozen, Bryan's feelings, and now my parents want to come around.

Fuck me sideways.

"Ooh girl! So you mean to tell me that the Lance Gross look alike has the hots for you? Shit where my tea at?" Paris asked obviously finding that situation entertaining.

I just gave him a look. I didn't even have to respond as he nodded. "Oh alright. I'll shut it up".

Paris and I walked inside my condo complex to see that there was a family reunion up in this bitch...well my home.

"Uhhh" Paris said.

"Victoria! Dear you're home early and hello Paris" My mother greeted us by pulling us in a breathtaking hug. Yup this is my mom guys!

"Mom. How did you guys get inside?" I asked confused. "Spare key remember?" Veronica replied holding them up and swinging them around on her fingers.

Oh fuck I forgot about those. I should hit her up with that 'I don't recall' line but, not now.

"Aunty Tori! And Mister Paris" Destiny shouted from the kitchen with her father Bryan. Oh gosh why was he here? Isn't he suppose to be working.

"Aww is that Destiny I see" Paris chuckled going over towards Destiny and Bryan but, Bryan's eyes never left me. His gaze was heavily fixated on me.

"My baby girl" Dad said coming out the bathroom. I smiled. I was a Daddy's girl of course.

"Dad!" I exclaimed as I jumped into his strong arms like the little girl I use to be. "Could you just grow up Tori?" Veronica sneered out in jealousy.

We decided to ignore her and continue on. "Now what are you up to nowadays besides from Destiny?" He asked as we sat down on the couch next to where Paris and Destiny were reading Beauty and the Beast aka my favorite story.

"Well I'm going on vacation starting next week" I started.

"Oh that's great babygirl. You can get some time off for once"

"Time off? For how long" Mom asked with a look of concern. For some reason my mother likes me to be the hard worker and not Veronica as she sits on her lazy ass. Strange right?

Before I could speak Paris beat me to it. "About four months".

My mother and Veronica looked at me as if they've seen a ghost. "Four months?"

"No. You're not taking a four month vacation. What are you going to be doing in the meantime?" Mom protested.

"Faith she's not a child anymore. She's a grown woman so she can make decisions based on what she thinks is good for her" Dad said defending on my behalf. Mom glared at him. "Was I talking to you Troy? No I don't believe so".

"Mom no. I already took the offer".

"But Mom it's not that bad. You already know. That means all she's going to do is walk around with Destiny and continue on with her boring lonely life" Veronica snickered. "Watch it Veronica" Dad said sternly.

I gave my sister a fake smile. "Actually I'm not. I'm going to Italy next week. I want time for myself. And maybe...according to you. Talk to someone ny age. I'm trying to settle down" I responded.

"With who?" Bryan asked unexpectedly coming into the conversation. He didn't like the sound of me engaging with other men but who cares!

"Just me myself and I. And according to Dad. I'm grown if you forgotten" I admitted while the only ones supporting me was Paris and Dad while Mom, Veronica, and Bryan looked like they wanted to die.

Finally, point one for little Tori.

~~~~~

The smell of frying awakened my senses. A very sexual moan escaped my mouth when stretching but I didn't really care. I came to realize I was on my couch with Dad in the kitchen. Mom sat on the other end of the U shaped leather sofa and Veronica was in the guest room yelling at one of her assistants.

"You're awake now" Destiny said popping up before my face. "Yes I am now". Veronica stormed out of my bedroom and scanned my condo.

"Where's my husband?".

"He left to get something for the office. Victoria baby I need my daily glass of red wine" Mom begged while turning around to me. She took my hand and caressed it as she noticed the tiny bruise on my wrist. I noticed how her eyebrows furrowed. "Victoria-". "I hit it against the counter top no big deal" I lied remembering the events of last night when Bryan grabbed my wrist.

I nervously placed a strand of my hair behind my left ear. Mom must have dropped the topic since she let go of my hand and cuddled up next to her granddaughter as they watched Frozen again. Dad turned off the stove and placed the fried chicken in a serving bowl on the kitchen island. Veronica was the first to dive in.

I watched silently as my family bonded. Not to say that this was rare or anything like that but I enjoy the times we are all alright because you don't know what the future may bring. "So you're not going to eat hon?" Dad asked curiously.

"Yes! But not right at the moment-" I began to be cut short by my phone buzzing. It was Ms.Dolores. What could she possible want at this time?

Dolores: Good Evening Victoria, Sorry to intrude on your evening but could you please stop by the office for me to make the final arrangements for your trip.

"Erm...I have to run now. Catch you guys later" I stated grabbing a leg of chicken. "You got a life now?" Veronica teased as she sipped on her red wine. Cool down Vic. Just a few days until you jet off paradise.

I hugged and kissed my parents and Destiny bye and went out the door.

~~~~

"Victoria why are you in so late it's passed eleven?" Joe the janitor asked confused. Only newbies or editors stayed at the office wrapping up last minute news. "Ms.Dolores called me in" I explained as he nodded and continued wiping down the glass windows.

"I'm shutting down the light in ten minutes is that ok with you?". "Yeah that's fine...thanks for asking" I said before I continued on to her office. This time I knocked before entering.

"Victoria darling take a seat. Glad you received my text but you have got to respond. I hate it when people leave you on read" She stressed the last part which made me chuckle. "Ok I won't leave you on read anymore".

I realized that was a serious issue for many people. If you leave them on read they just have to take it way too personal. "Yes that would be greatly appreciated. Now I would be able to leave you on read. Anyways for your vacation" She squealed excitedly taking her macbook off of sleep mode. I'd say that she was going to Italy instead of me by the way she's going.

"Um Mrs.Dolores are you accompanying me on this trip?" I questioned to be sure.

"No my child. Excuse my giddiness but I will be in Fiji with my new lover at the same time" She explained before logging into Travelocity. A lover? Since when she had a steady man. It was just Monday when I caught her with the newbie. "Awww how romantic" I replied.

Mrs.Dolores did a few more thing as she logged on. "Ok Victoria I have booked you for The Catalona for seven days and six nights. Sounds good so far?". "Woah The Catalona? That's like even more expensive than the Gaylord! Um I'm not so sure" I exclaimed. "Darling relax it's my treat to you. You are like a daughter to me so I must give you the best of the best!!Now I want to give you your check before I head out. It's your salary for the four months your going to be out" She said before handing me a thin envelope.

I scanned the envelope before opening it. It was the check. My job as being one of the main journalists for the DC Times averaged about 67,000 dollars per year. And this check was a big fat 22,400 dollars addressed to me. Oh my lord. "Um Mrs.Dolores why can't I just pick up my check every Friday?". "I just want you to live without ever to think about work for now. So you want a double standard or a junior suite?".

A smile crept on my lips. "A double standard would be suitable and Thank you Ms.Dolores I will pay you back for this" I promise sliding the envelope into my purse. "No need. Now what will you be doing in Rome"....

~~~~~~

After leaving the office I stopped at the gas station to pump gas into my nearly empty prius.

At nighttime in DC it usually cooled down to a temperate 70 degrees. While pumping my gas I received some texts from Veronica and my parents saying that they reached home.

A very familiar black lexus pulled up to the gas pump next to mine but with my back turned I didn't pay it any mind. I turned my attention back to my car monitor with the arrow pointing at the halfway mark. Ugh this needs to hurry up.

"Victoria" A voice from behind.

I turned around to see Bryan standing there looking dead at me. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw him. "Bryan are you following me?!?!". "No I was just driving past when I saw you" He said stepping forward into the light. I heard the snap when the gas stopped signalling my tank was now full. "Stay away from me! You're married to Veronica alright!" I stressed backing away.

Why was this BP gas station empty? It's only 11:30 like come people don't you have gas to pump!

"Would it be different if I wasn't?" He challenged with a slight smirk. "Um no! I'm sorry but I don't love you like that. You're my friend and brother in law".

"Oh Victoria the way I think about you we just can't be friends. The way I fantasize about us making love every night is something friendly" Bryan responded pulling me in his embrace and smashing his lips onto mine without warning and groping my body.

He kissed as I tried fighting away by hitting his chest . I felt violated as his lips moved against mine with force. I came to my last resort of bitting the shit out of his bottom lip.

"Shit!!" Bryan exclaimed pulling away holding onto his bleeding lip. I glared at him and folded my arms. "Why won't you see that I don't want you!" I asked. He didn't answer. "Because I rather believe that you do".

I sighed. "I feel sorry for you. If you keep this up I will tell Veronica". After that I had gotten inside my car and drove off the scene with Bryan in my rear-view mirror.

Blood.

I could taste the revolting metallic piece of Bryan in my mouth that made my stomach want to turn.

Pulling over to the side of the near empty high I vomited once my door was flung open. I gripped onto my belly fighting the tears coming out my eyes.

Why was this so damn complicated.

I leaned back on my chair and reclined it back a couple notches and closed my door.

Should I tell Veronica right now and ruin a marriage and Destiny's childhood.

Was it worth the pain and suffering of the ones close to me.

I pulled out my galaxy S5 and scrolled down to Veronica's contact name. I stared at her contact picture in deep thought. I don't know if it was a sign or anything but for some odd reason I just happen to take a blast from the past.

~Flashback(Seven years ago)~

"Veronica please just listen to me!" I begged following her into her little apartment. I had left my dorm room from Howard University to tell her the truth about her cheating, manipulative boyfriend Jax.

The lightskin asshole who was just using her due to her status and popularity. Yes, popularity because at Howard everyone knew about Veronica Browning.

"Oh shut up Victoria! Just admit that you like Jax" She yelled pissed off by me.

I had enough of her trying to defend her so called boyfriend and decided to blow it up in her face.

"HE KISSED ME! He cheats on you everyday and your so blind to see it" I exclaimed throwing my hands up in the air. Veronica stopped what she was doing and stared at me with a blank expression.

Usually she would have exploded but not today and it was weird.

"Veronica-".

She slapped me across my face.

It was hard enough to knock my words out but not enough to make me stumble back. I turned back to her speechless.

"You little whore. Poor little Tori wants a man but who would like a shy ugly mouse as a girlfriend? I don't know who you think you are coming in my place saying Jax kissed you when you know damn well you ain't shit and will never be shit. This is my world now take your stank ass out before I drag you out".

~~~~~

That year I left Veronica's apartment and never came back. Of course I had seen her many times around campus an attended her graduation and she attended mine the year after.

I never officially came back around until she was pregnant with Destiny. Our parents never took it on but, they didn't hear the full story.

My eyes went back to her contact name.

No.

I wasn't going to do it this time.

Heyyyyyyyy munchkins! How do you like Chapter two of The Silent Storm. I didn't really edit it and all but here ya go! Hope you enjoyed it.

Feedback! It's greatly appreciated. I also dedicate this chapter to sinairobinson!!! Thanks for your honest opinion!

Leave comments for special dedications. Until next Sunday!

~Saslious~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 123K 45
[ COMPLETED ] Kalani Reed was a regular twenty-two year old woman who was trying to get the handle on her life. She worked at a small café, lived in...
8.2M 193K 52
Sebastian Black was the number one most feared mafia leader in the streets of LA. At the age of 25 he runs the city and police department. He gets w...
62.7K 1.4K 45
21 year old Victoria Moretti, is an assassin. She is an independent woman that doesn't rely on a man to do anything. She thinks they are a waste of t...
180K 5.8K 29
22 year old Sabriya Jones living in Brooklyn New York while helping her mother run there family bakery. Helping her mother run the bakery and on top...