Tongue-Tied (Boyxboy)

By xXxChrisisxXx

I look up at Todd's window and grimace when I see him gently pushing Jennifer into his room. So that's where... More

Authors Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Four

14.5K 711 181
By xXxChrisisxXx

TODD'S POV

"Todd. Don't." Jesse warned me, his eyes narrowed and centred on my face. My cheek throbs as Miles smirks at me over Jesse's shoulder and I sneer back at him before looking back at Jesse. He looked angry, and disappointed. I made him angry and disappointed. Inwardly I sigh; I shouldn't have fallen for Miles' bait. I just make myself look worse.

Jesse shakes his head at me and I feel my heart clench. I guess I just ruined that attempt to be friends. Stupid Miles is always getting in my way. I like Jesse and I'd like to be his friend. He seems so cool and confident and funny. Everyone likes him and gets along with him. Except me. I'm sick of fighting with him all the time. Miles sticks his finger up at me from behind Jesse and I scowl at him before backing away. If anyone has an attitude problem here it's him.

"Whatever. It'd be like picking on an infant anyway." I mutter before turning around and walking to the cashier and absentmindedly paying for the cat food. I was halfway through the car park to my car when Jennifer called. I sighed, debating whether I should pick it up or not. She's nice and all, but I don't feel anything for her anymore. To be completely honest, I'm not sure I ever did feel anything. Maybe I just liked feeling wanted by someone. My thoughts drifted back to what happened in the supermarket with Jesse and Miles, and I kicked the wheel in frustration as my teeth gritted in anger again. Maybe spending some time with Jennifer is a good idea right now.

"Hello?" I answered the phone with a frown.

"Hey baby! Want to do something tonight? I could come over and we could do a movie night?" Jennifer chirped happily in my ear. I forced a smile.

"Sure. Why not? I'm already out so I'll pop by and pick you up now?" I asked.

"Absolutely! I'll see you soon! Bye baby. I love you." Jennifer said and hung up without waiting for my reply. I pinched the bridge of my nose, feeling a headache coming on, before climbing into my car and heading towards Jennifer's house.

After the 15 minute drive to her house, I pull into the driveway and send her a text letting her know I'm here. Flipping the radio on, I flick through the station until I find one playing decent music. I tap a beat on the steering wheel until Jennifer comes out. I feel my eyebrows rise at her outfit. She's wearing short shorts and a crop top and its freaking freezing outside. Girls are weird. She jumps in the car, shivering.

"It's so cold." Jennifer complains, her teeth chattering.

"Maybe you should wear more clothes then." I reply drily. I reverse out of the driveway and out of the corner of my eye I can see her staring at me with a weird look on her face.

"What?" I ask defensively.

"I swear, you are the only guy that's ever told me to put more clothes on." She mutters before reaching out and changing the radio station. Frowning, I concentrate on driving home.

Pulling into my driveway, I reach into the backseat and pick up the cat food before getting out and moving to unlock the front door. I frown as I realise that it's already unlocked. Did I forget to lock it?

Opening the door, I stop suddenly as I see my father's boots on the shoe stand. My stomach clenches in panic as I wander through the house looking for the cat. I really hope father doesn't find it.

"Todd, why do you have cat food?" I hear Jennifer say behind me and I flinch before whirling around to tell her to be quiet.

"That's what I was wondering Todd. Why do you have cat food?" I hear my father ask in the door way. I slowly turn to face him.

David Hughes is a very stern man. Currently dressed in a perfectly tailored business suit, he stood with his arms folded in the doorway. His thick black hair was parted on the side and brushed back, with gel in place to keep any stray hair from escaping. Deep frown lines covered his face while he stared at me, dark blue eyes narrowed angrily.

This could go two ways. I could tell him about the cat, and have him kick it out when it wasn't ready yet, or I could pretend that I was buying it for a friend for their cat. If he already knows I've got it here, option two would be a bad one to pick. But if I go with option one...

"Jesse asked me to pick him up some cat food while I was out. He had to go home straightaway to babysit his sister." I lied, my eyes flickering to the floor. My father studied me for a minute or two before making a sound of acknowledgement and leaving. I slowly let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.

I grabbed Jennifer's hand and pulled her towards my room, my eyes darting around in search of the cat while I went. Pulling her in front of me, I gently pushed her into my room before following her in and breathing a sigh of relief when I see an orange tail peeking out from under my computer desk. I throw the cat food in that direction before I close the door behind me, and as I turn back around, I catch a glimpse of Jesse standing at his window watching me.

"Come here baby" Jennifer says huskily before leaning in for a kiss. My hands work on autopilot and I pull her towards me, kissing her deeply. I could still feel eyes staring at me and I shivered as Jennifer's could hand found its way under my shirt. I wonder why Jesse was watching me from his window. Arousal pooled in my stomach as I pull away from the kiss and smile at Jennifer before looking straight at Jesse. His eyes widen in panic and he drops out of sight.

I smirk. If he wants something to look at I'll give it to him. Crossing my arms over my chest I grip the edges of my shirt and pull it over my head in one smooth motion, flinging it behind me.

"That was hot. Want to put that shirt back on and do it again?" Jennifer says jokingly. I look at her for a second before laughing. I wonder if Jesse is still watching. I pull Jennifer back to me for another slow kiss and open my eyes to peek out the window.

Disappointment made my chest hurt when I saw that the curtains had been closed. I sighed. Obviously I'm not attractive as I thought. Jennifer pulled out of the kiss, moving down my jawline to my throat. I grimaced, no longer feeling very interested. I gently push her away.

"Hey want to watch a movie instead?" I ask quietly.

"You're turning down sex with me to watch a movie?" She asks annoyed, her eyes narrowed on my face.

"Yeah." I reply, frowning.

"Let me repeat that. You're turning down sex... with me... so we can watch a movie?" She says again, stepping away from me to cross her arms over her chest.

"Uh yeah. I guess I'm just not interested right now?" I say, slightly confused about her response. It's no big deal. If someone doesn't want sex, they don't want sex. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

"Why?" She demands. I stare at her.

"I'm just not in the mood anymore? It's no big deal Jennifer. It just happens sometimes."

"Sometimes? You always do this Todd. We get to a certain point and then you stop! You always say that it's because we don't have time, or we're not alone and now that we do have a chance, you're turning me down? You always do this! Is it me? Have I done something? Don't you find me attractive anymore?" I stare at Jennifer in horror as her eyes start watering. Not crying. Anything but crying. I quickly step forward and wrap my arms around her.

"No! No, of course not!" I rush to reassure her.

"Then why?" She cries out, exasperated. I panic and quickly try to think of something to say. The truth is, I really just wasn't in the mood anymore.

"I don't feel comfortable doing anything with my father in the house." I blurt out and wince at the obvious excuse. She stares at me, her eyes red.

"Don't lie to me." She says, her voice soft.

"I'm not lying to you Jennifer. I swear."

"You know what? I'm going to head home. How about you stay here, and really think about us. Two years is a long time without sex, Todd. To be honest, it's a bit weird. I could go out and any guy would be happy to have me. So why aren't you?"

"Do you need a lift home?" I offer in a whisper. She stands up in a huff and I flinch away from her.

"No thanks. I'll walk!" She snaps in reply before leaving and slamming the door on her way out. I stare at the door in shock.

"Meow?" I look at my computer desk to see the cat sticking his head out curiously. I kneel down beside him.

"Hey buddy. How are you doing?" I whisper as I pat him gently on the head, before moving to have a look at his back leg. When I found him he'd been limping heavily and looked as though he hadn't eaten in months. I took him to the vet, and they were going to have him put down. I couldn't let that happen, so I was looking after the poor thing until he was healed and then I was going to have him rehomed. It was looking significantly better, and he's begun to fill out after having decent meals every day.

"Look at what I got you." I pulled the bag of cat food over from where it landed earlier and open it, tipping the dry food onto a piece of cardboard and sliding it closer to him. The cat meows at it disdainfully, making my lips twitch in a smile.

"I know buddy. I'll sneak you some tuna when father goes to bed, okay?" I whisper, and rub the cat behind the ears before carefully covering its hiding place with my dressing gown over my computer chair.

My eyes move over to the window. Maybe Jesse would like a cat. He'd treat it well, and I'd still get to see the little guy on occasion. Maybe it'd help us become friends.

---

A.N: Hey guys. Thanks for sticking with me so far! It means so much.

I feel like my writing is missing something, but I can't put my finger on what. Does anybody have an opinion?

Thanks! xXxChrisisxXx 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 1.4K 22
"Why are you looking at my lips?" Evan questions him, and he saw Nigel look back at them again. "Are you into dudes or something? Listen, I'm straigh...
358K 11.1K 27
"You've never been with a man." "No, I...I'm not gay." "Neither are they," I said, my finger coming up as I pointed to the men kissing as the girl...
311K 12.1K 33
" Let's keep this on the down-low. Nobody has to know. " He cooed in my ear, pushing up on me like a dog in heat. " I'm quick to cut a nigga off, so...
279K 8.9K 34
(WARNING!: DEPRESSING CONTENT, POORLY WRITTEN: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK) "I deserve just as much pain as she gives me." He said fully meaning it and...