Chapter Eight

Todd's POV

I stormed out of the school and crossed the car park to my car. Yanking my keys out of my pocket I cursed when I dropped them on the ground. Bending down to pick them up I froze when I heard snickers behind me. I swear I'm going to break his face if Miles followed me out here to pick a fight.

Clenching my fists, I swing around and come face to face with Donald Brikett, one of the guys on my Rugby team. While we're not close friends I know I can trust him to have my back. I relax until I catch sight of Jennifer behind him, glaring at me.

"Do you bend over like that for everyone, or just for your fag friend." He sneered nastily. I stared at him. Okay, so I can't actually trust him to have my back. Goodie.

"He means Jesse." Jennifer piped up from behind him when I took too long to reply. I glared at her.

"What have you been saying about me Jennifer?" I asked, crossing my arms.

Jennifer smirked at me. "Nothing that isn't true, Todd. I would never lie."

I snorted at that, knowing full well how many rumours she had started. Donald took a threatening step towards me and I rolled my eyes at him. While he wasn't small, I stood over him by at least a head, and I knew I could take him if I had to.

"She was just telling everyone how you're actually gay, and that you've been drooling all over that Jesse kid." I raised an eyebrow at that, before looking past Donald to Jennifer.

"Wow Jennifer. Have you ever thought that if someone breaks up with you, it might just be because of your shit personality and that not because of some ulterior motive?" I asked sarcastically, and she flushed.

"Whatever man. We all know she dumped you because you were having an affair with Jesse on the side." Donald said, shaking his head in disgust. I scoffed at that.

"What's going on over here?" I hear from my left and I glance over to see Parker and Ryder striding towards me. Donald grinned at me triumphantly before turning to them. I felt a sinking feeling in my gut as they reach us and take a place on either side of me.

"Todd has been harassing Jennifer and me. We came over to say a friendly hello and he's been nothing but nasty to us." Donald whined.

My mouth dropped open at the blatant lie. "Why you little –"

"Really? Because that's not what we heard." Ryder interrupted me.

"Yeah. Originally, I thought I heard a toilet flushing, but it turns out it was just you and Jennifer spewing bullshit, as usual." Parker added on, and I grimaced at the imagery, before giving him a small smile for his support. Jennifer glared at us both and Donald shifted uneasily from foot to foot. I smirked at him. He's not so confident with all three of us together.

"Whatever." Jennifer snapped before turning around and walking away.

"Next time you won't have your little buddies to back you up. Let's see how tough you are then." Donald sneered before turning away. I snorted.

"Like I need my 'little buddies' to protect me from you." I said, amused.

Donald turned back around, clenching his teeth angrily before grinning at me. "You might not, but your little boy toy does. I wonder how he likes having his face pushed against the pavement."

Anger rushed through me and I saw red. Without thinking about it I'd moved forward and shoved him hard. "Don't fucking touch him." Donald stumbled back a few steps before stepping forward and giving me a hard shove in return.