Chapter Eleven

Hello there my lovelies :)

So, this chapter is going to be a little bit different to the usual - as much as Jesse and Todd want to keep the spotlight I need my behind the scenes plot line to take off, and then we can get back to them next chapter.

WARNING: In case anyone just skimmed my authors note at the start, this book will feature violence, which may at times be rather graphic. I'd hate for anyone to get triggered by reading my works, so this is your warning.

This is my first book, and to be honest I'm not sure how the tagging/warning properly thing works, so if anyone thinks I haven't adequately given enough warning here, in my original authors note, tags etc, private message me and I'll make sure it's fixed, although this chapter doesn't technically have any violence in it. It just implies some.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me, although if they're questions that require me to give away plot details you might not get an answer ;)

Enjoy :) <3

xXxChrisisxXx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNKNOWN POV

The scream pierced the air, and I shuddered at the sound of pure agony. As the scream died down again I shifted uncomfortably in the tense silence, waiting for the next one. I quickly readjusted my backpack, its weight getting heavier the longer I stood there.

I took a step back as the door unexpectedly opened and a large burly looking man with balding brown hair and beady brown eyes stepped out, wiping his hands on a cloth. A quick glance past his shoulder showed a small shivering lump huddled under a thin, dirty blanket, surrounded by nothing but a dirt floor that was splattered with an unknown dark substance.

The door slammed shut, making my head snap around guiltily to meet the glare of the bigger man. Goosebumps erupted down my back and I felt nauseous as his beady eyes dropped to my feet and slowly crept their way back up my body.

"Can I help you?" The man said coldly, taking a step forward and reaching over my shoulder to throw his rag in the bin behind me, and I violently flinched backwards. He smirked at me, a creepy sort of satisfaction gleaming in his eyes. My mouth was dry with unease, and I swallowed a couple of times to try and work up saliva so I could talk. He narrowed his eyes at me, and I could see that he was getting impatient.

"I'm not a patient person." He said, deceptively calm, his eyes never moving from my face.

"M-my father sent me to collect the m-money for the-" I flinched backwards as he raised a hand and gently grabbed a handful of my hair, studying the copper strands intently. He looked thoughtful for a second before nodding and walking around me, heading towards the house. I dropped my backpack and hurried after him, almost running to keep up with his loping strides. I followed him onto the porch, and stopped there when he went inside, waiting for him to come back out.

I stood there for a few minutes before I started to fidget, losing my patience. I glanced back down to the barn, wincing in sympathy for whatever poor person had annoyed this guy. I looked in through the front door of the house, only able to see an empty, dimly lit hallway. I fidgeted again, feeling my curiosity start to get the better of me. I hesitated for a few seconds before ignoring my unease, quickly opening the door and stepping into the house.

The door slowly creaked shut behind me, and a cold draft made me shiver. I walked quietly up the hallway, feeling a little bit reassured at the cutesy family photos on the walls. I stopped and studied one, reaching up and tracing the oddly familiar face of a small boy with brown hair and sparkling grey eyes, maybe 6 or 7 years old. He was laughing into the camera, cuddling a small dog to his chest. Where have I seen him before?