Chapter Thirteen

Hello :D

So I was debating whether or not to post this, seeing as I only posted Chapter Twelve last night, but then I figured, hey, why not? I've gotten a writing bug, and I'm approximately four chapters ahead right now, with all the way up to Chapter Seventeen already written, so expect the next few chapters to be on time every Friday for at least the next month or so. 

I may post a bit more frequently depending on how I'm feeling, but I'm going to be honest and say I'll probably hold onto them until the Friday (despite how much I really want to share them all right now) just so I've got something to post every week in case I get writers block. 

I hope you enjoy, and feedback is always a beautiful, beautiful thing, whether through comments or private message :) 

Thanks for reading! 

xXxChrisisxXx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TODD'S POV

I was lying down on my back on my bed with Lucky cuddled up to my chest. I opened my eyes with a sigh, not that it did any good. The curtains that I still hadn't opened were blocking out all sunlight, leaving me enveloped in darkness. I reached up and gave him a pat down his back, closing my eyes again sadly when I could feel all the vertebrae of his spine.

When the bell rang for the end of Chemistry I'd hightailed it out of the class so I could head home and skip the rest of the day, ignoring Jesse calling out my name. I grabbed my books, ignoring both the snickering students in the halls and the feeling of my own humiliation as they made crude sexual gestures while I was trying to leave. To make things worse after the horrible day today I got home and discovered that Lucky was refusing to eat any of the food I bought him. So I was already back in my bedroom in bed, wallowing in self-pity, before noon.

Buddy meowed as he came into my room and I smiled at him. He had completely recovered and clearly felt that he was the owner of the house now. With a rolling purr, he jumped onto the bed and settled his warm weight against my side. I smiled, petting him gently. Animals are good. Animals never try to hurt you.

My phone beeped on the desk beside me and I sat up slightly so I could reach it. Sliding my finger along the screen I unlocked it, only to see Ryder's name pop up on the screen. I sighed, debating on whether to open it or not. My phone beeped again with another message and I rolled my eyes, dropping the phone onto my blanket and closing my eyes.

I'd just started drifting off before my ring-tone started playing. I sighed, picking it up and bringing it to my ear. I swear to God, if this is Ryder –

"You're at home, aren't you?" Ryder asked drily and I winced, suddenly feeling guilty for bailing on him and Parker, and then ignoring his texts.

"I might be" I said cautiously, only to grimace as I listened to a couple of long seconds of muffled arguing by Ryder and Parker.

"We're on our way" Ryder said and hung up before I had the chance to reply. I rolled my eyes before flicking my phone on silent and getting comfortable again. I opened my eyes again to what felt like something tickling my nose. I opened my eyes only to flinch backwards at the sight of Parker with his finger tip just barely touching my nose.

"Hey you're right. He is a really light sleeper. I barely had to touch him!" Parker laughed before sticking his tongue out at me when I smacked his hand away from my face.

"You're so annoying." I grumbled, shifting a bit and dislodging both Lucky and Buddy from their places. Ryder eyed them both before reaching across and pulling on the string to open my curtains. I hissed and covered my eyes with my hands, before glaring at Ryder through gaps in my fingers. Ryder frowned, looking through the window and I knew he was looking straight into Jesse's room. Suddenly he turned around and looked at me, a knowing grin lighting up his handsome features.