Chapter Twenty-Seven

TODD'S POV

My fingers curled around my car keys in my jacket pocket. After my father's speech about driving me to school he got called into work for the day and gave me 'permission' to drive myself, although he followed me to school and was adamant that he'd be home later.

I frowned as I wandered through the hallways at school. It was already lunch-time, and I hadn't seen Jesse at all. I can't see him at home anymore – I had kind of hoped he would have been here today so I could talk to him. Let him know that my father being an ass hasn't changed anything.

My hand automatically slides down to my jeans pocket, the urge to text or call him to find out where he was overwhelming. I sighed internally as I patted my empty pocket, frowning again as I tried to remember where I had placed my phone. Maybe Jesse had picked it up by mistake when he left in a hurry after my father interrupted us doing... things.

I flushed at the thought, trying to ignore the feelings of instant arousal that thinking about Jesse raised. I shook my head to clear it, doing my third lap of the day around the school towards Jesse's locker, hoping to finally see him.

"Hey dude. 'Sup?" Parker said, falling into step beside me.

"Do you have Jesse's number?" I ask casually, sighing again when Parker shakes his head.

"Nah man. I don't talk to him that often to be honest. Why?" Parker replied curiously and I shrug at him.

"I haven't seen him today and I want to talk to him. I was hoping you could text him for me." I said and Parker frowned thoughtfully.

"Why don't you ask Miles? I've seen him today so I know he's here." Parker suggested and I wince, before agreeing cautiously. I need to apologise to him anyway, might as well kill two birds with one stone.

"Do you know where he would be?" I asked and Parker shrugged.

"I saw him enter the toilets near the Chemistry and Biology classrooms about ten minutes ago. I doubt he's still there but it might be worth having a look." Parker said before nodding at someone across the hallway and patting me on the back.

"Good luck dude. Don't get into a fight with Miles – Jesse wouldn't like it." Parker joked before heading off down the hallway. I rolled my eyes and twisted around, heading back the way I came towards the Chemistry and Biology classrooms. I frowned at that. They were almost on the other side of the school. It was going to take me another five or more minutes just to get there. My window of Jesse finding opportunity was running out, and if I didn't talk to him now, I wasn't going to be able to at all until tomorrow. This would be so much easier if I just had my phone.

I entered the nearly deserted corridor with the bathroom Parker suggested in it. By nearly deserted I mean completely empty except for Anthony Bolton, who had his head bowed over his phone while he leant against the wall just outside the male toilets. I studied him for a second, taking in his blonde hair and brown eyes. Anthony was quite attractive and his hair and eyes paired with his height, muscles, freckles and one dimple made him quite popular with the ladies. Anthony is one of those guys that are rarely seen alone – he always has a friend or two huddled around him, so to see him by himself was quite a shock. I used to be on friendly terms with him, however, after what happened the other day with Donald Brikett and Jennifer I wasn't entirely sure anymore, as I knew he was friendly with them as well. He was also taller and had more muscles than me, 6'2 to my 6' and bulky where I was lean, so either we were going to be fine, or he was going to completely kick my arse. This could go either way.

I walked closer, intent on checking the bathroom for Miles regardless of how this went down, and Anthony's head snapped up, before a friendly smile crossed his face.