Dangerous Life Ahead

By Writer_Hiya

~ Dangerous Life Ahead ~ • Book 2 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY • Panchali Rathore, Ex- CEO of Rathore Industri... More

• D I S C L A I M E R •
1 : || Her Unusual Behaviour ||
2 : || The Atrocious Night ||
3 : || Will She Understand ? ||
4 : || Departure For Hastinapur ||
5. || Problems And Complications ||
6 : || Arrival In Hastinapur ||
7: || Miseries Of Life ||
8 : || Sudden Panic Attack ||
9 : || Post Wedding Rituals ||
10 : || Pehli Rasoi ||
11 : || Was it a Revenge? ||
12 : || Her Abnormal Behaviour ||
13 : || Misunderstanding and Rituals ||
14 : || Her Unusual Panick ||
15 : || Imprisonment After Dispute ||
16 : || Misunderstandings And Manipulation ||
17 : || Who's More Beautiful? ||
18 : || Bhanumati's Baby Shower ||
19 : || The Harsh Realities||
• F L O O R D E C O R •
20 : || Efforts To Mend ||
21 : || Panchali Gets Shifted ||
22 : || A Budding Mystery ||
23 : || Shakuni Is Banished ||
24 : || Bhanumati's Sudden Delivery ||
25 : || Her PTSD Syndrome ||
26 : || The Next Generation ||
27 : || The Naming Ceremony ||
28 : || Guests For Navratri||
29 : || Fragments of Entangled Relationships ||
30 : || Lesson For Love ||
31 : || Panchali Meets Subhadra ||
32 : || Her Unusual Approach ||
33 : || Understanding And Knowing ||
34 : || Hunt For Past ||
35 : || Trying To Manipulate ||
36 : || Their Slow Realization ||
37 : || Realization Of Love||
38 : || Will They Remarry?||
39 : || Their Firm Resolution ||
40 : || Sense Of Divinity||
41 : || Chasing Her Bygone||
42 : || Her Slow Acceptance ||
43 : || Yuvrani, A Mystery||
44 : || Some Different Perspectives ||
45 : || Dusshala's Unusual Demeanor ||
46 : || Their Surprise Plans ||
47 : || The Devil's Plan ||
48 : || Lavender Haze ||
49 : || Turn Of Events ||
50 : || Terror Of Night ||
51 : || Essence Of Lives ||
52 : || Healing Her ||
54 : || Accepting Them Earnestly ||
55 : || Her Changing Personality ||
56 : || Her Genuine Assertion ||
57 : || Storms And Life ||
58 : || The Sudden Combat ||
59 : || Her Punctual Nature ||
60 : || Rise Of Obsession||
61 : || Her Sadistic Personality ||
62 : || Under Intoxicated Condition ||
63 : || Changes of Circumstances ||
64 : || The Incomplete Ritual ||
65 : || An Unexpected Apology ||

53 : || To Comprehend Them ||

794 80 134
By Writer_Hiya

The soft glow of Moonlight peeped through the windows, and the long white curtains flew with the sync of the soft breeze.

"What?" Panchali questioned Bhanumati in shock. She couldn't believe what she heard.

"Are- are you sure? I mean-" She added.

"Yeah, exactly. And not only me, in fact if you ask anyone in this Palace, you will be getting the same answer." Bhanumati assured her.

Little Arushi played in Panchali's lap, while she sat on the bed with the support of cushions in that same chamber.

And Arushi did everything to gain her aunt's attention, either by making baby sounds or throwing her tiny hands and legs in the air. But still she failed in her mission.

As Panchali was lost in her thoughts trying to think in a straight way, a lot of questions played with the peace of her mind.

What the hell was happening? Why was everything so confusing? Whom should she believe, Bhanumati or her own instincts?

Did they really heal me during this one month? She thought, and shook her head in denial.

"No Bhanumati, you must be wrong. There is something that is surely missing. And if not, why will they even help me when I humiliated them that day?" She asked, reasoning her point of view.

Yes, she remembered how rudely and unethically she spat the words of loathe towards them on her Birthday.

Well, after that she didn't remember anything. But according to Bhanumati, apparently she committed suicide. Now that came as a shock and Panchali concluded that maybe it was the effect of her anxiety medicines and extreme level of grief.

Bhanumati sighed for the umpteenth time, "Panchali, why ain't you believing. It was actually your husbands, who took care of you during these long days."

"In fact, you know what, that night when you were lying in the back garden in your own pool of blood, trust me, I felt as if the sky had broken over my head. But you don't know, how they felt when they saw that horrible vision of your." She continued, but got only silence, as Panchali only looked at her waiting to continue.

"I have seen their faces Panchali. It was as if someone blocked the passage of their breathing for that moment, because they were stuck over the ground not breathing, not moving. Their eyes were still with terror, and it didn't budge away from you. It was as if only you were there, and the world had stopped then." Bhanumati paused for a moment.

Taking Panchali's hand in her own, she squeezed the former's palm in assurance who looked shocked by the revelation.

"Panchali, you know right Nakul and Sahdev are Physicians, have mastered in that course. What you don't know is that Sahdev refused to go near you, fearing he may find out something that he dreaded the most watching your brutal condition." She again paused.

"But Nakul, that all time naughty prankster went ahead, I have noticed how his steps shook with fright. His hands shook, while taking your wrist and examining your pulse. And when he got a faint rate of your pulse, his eyes too glowed with that faint hope to save you." She added, with a distant smile.

However, Panchali gulped a knot that formed in her throat. Everything was too abrupt and new.

"You don't know what their condition turned out when the Royal Physician declared that he couldn't save you." Bhanumati again started, but this time Panchali frowned.

"Couldn't save me?" She asked slowly patting Arushi's stomach, gaining an affirming nod from Bhanumati.

"Yes, your condition was so critical that the Royal Physician lost his hopes of saving you, as you had already lost a lot of blood." She informed.

"But then, who saved me?" Panchali asked.

"Well, it was Dwarkadheesh who saved you." She paused not more than a second, "But you don't know how vulnerable the Pandavas looked. Looking at them, a kid could also easily say that they had lost the very essence of their lives."

Panchali shook her head, not believing, "Bhanumati, this is too much. I think you're wrong here. Why would they even feel like that?"

While, Bhanumati seemed to be baffled, "And why do you feel like I am wrong. How can you say, they don't felt anything like that? Panchali, I had seen them, and not only me, but everybody did."

"But why? Think rationally, Bhanumati. Why would they feel so vulnerable over me? Whatever happened to me, or even if I die, why would they care even? It's not like I have been with them since a very long time, only seven months for the wedding. And that too, we hardly met or acknowledged each other's presence." Panchali questioned, thinking from her point of view.

Bhanumati again sighed, "That's because, feelings don't even take a whole minute to unfurl in heart. And you have been there for more than two years, Panchali. It's just seven months with the wedding, but you came much before in their life."

Panchali didn't know what to say or feel. It was so new, to hear someone genuinely care for her, with their life.

"Panchali, my friend, trust me they love you." Bhanumati said, smiling at her.

"Huh?" She could just blink, getting off guard.

Love...? She thought, gulping the lump. It was the same love that snatched everything from her.

"No, not love. I should instead say, they are devoted towards you, as if you are the idol in a Temple and they are the five pillars surrounding you, being totally devoted. You are their life Panchali, you are the very essence of the life of the Pandavas." Bhanumati mentioned.

"You won't believe it but it is the truth that just by the horror sight of your laying in your own blood, the thought of losing you, and then your prolonged unconscious state, had made them go through sleepless nights."

Panchali raised her eyes at Bhanumati, in shock, who nodded in return.

"Yes Panchali, such was their state. Throughout the day, they would carry their Royal duties well while frequently checking up on you and the night they would pass with studying medicines to improve your health. Well, Nakul and Sahdev were fine, as they were already Physicians, but even Jyest, Bhrata Bheem and Arjun too helped them beyond extent."

"I... I don't know what to -" Words stuck inside her throat, as Panchali tried to find perfect words to say something.

Maybe object Bhanumati's words, but on what basis? Somewhere, she herself knew whatever the woman was speaking were right perhaps.

"From changing your bandages to feeding liquid medicines and soups, they did it all perfectly. Even wipe your mouth with their Angvastra, after feeding you." Bhanumati stated, while Panchali felt so many emotions rushing through her.

"Trust me, Panchali it was hurting to see you in that condition to all us. You were laying lifeless on the bed, unmoving and just breathing. Slowly, we were losing our hopes of you getting back to normal. But you should have seen them. Those five were the one to hold on their courage." She smiled recalling the days.

"Sorry?" Panchali frowned in confusion. What did Bhanumati mean by them holding onto their courage?

"Yes, your five husbands are a bunch of stubborn people and were determined that you would wake up someday." Bhanumati snickered.

"They didn't lose hope for a single moment. It was like if they had to fight Destiny and Yamadev, they would have done that, and were determined to heal you, to bring you back to them." She added.

Panchali looked down at Arushi, who was in a deep slumber by then. But her mind wasn't in peace.

"Panchali, you are my friend. And once again I am really very sorry for whatever I said that day. Please forgive me." She joined her hands, but Panchali instantly clasped, shaking her head.

"It's okay, Bhanumati. You don't need to apologize. I can understand." She assured, gaining a nod in return.

"But Panchali, will you please listen to me? I know it's hard for you to accept your marriage. As a woman, I can understand, but I would suggest you at least try to give them a chance, yourself and your marriage a chance." Bhanumati suggested.

"It's too late, Panchali. You should sleep now." She added.

However, Panchali was in a thought and didn't answer anything.

"Arushi, dear..." Bhanumati tried to take her daughter, who was sleeping in Panchali's lap.

"Let her be, Bhanumati." Panchali stated, after Arushi snuggled more into her.

"But, you ain't well, Panchali. And Arushi may bother you-"

"She's fast asleep, Bhanumati. Let her stay here with me tonight." She paused for a moment, before adding, "I mean, if you don't have any problem, then Arushi can sleep here with me."

Bhanumati seemed to be in a thought, "You ain't well, Panchali. But if you insist, then okay. And yes, don't hesitate to call me through the maids if Arushi troubles you."

Panchali nodded, while DuryodhanPyiya smiled and pecked her daughter's forehead, before moving out of the chamber, calling it a night.

Sighing heavily with a lot of thoughts, Panchali patted Arushi's stomach slowly, and cooing the little one, she placed her on the bed, before sleeping beside the infant.

Covering herself and Arushi a duvet, Panchali moved close to the sleeping daughter of Bhanumati, who in return snuggled more.

Panchali pecked Arushi's soft chubby cheeks, while patting her softly. With too many thoughts, she gazed at the night sky, through the window, opposite to the bed.

Sleep didn't bless her due to so many thoughts, well she didn't want to sleep also, as once she did, she knew the past memories would again haunt her in the form of nightmare.

But whatever happened to her and whatever Bhanumati said, one thing was sure. And that was- the Birthday planning was not intentional.

Obviously, they knew nothing about her and her life, her past.

They were unaware of the monsters she had been once surrounded with, they were not aware of the fact that she hated her Birthday because she herself was the reason.

They were not acquainted with the Panchali who was once a cheerful girl, and from whom the very childhood had been snatched brutally.

But why did they care?

Panchali, they love you. Bhanumati's words echoed in her mind, making her eyes shut tightly.

Her throat cloaked with unknown emotions. Love.

The very Love had once snatched everything from her. Her Mumma, her childhood, her Doll, her innocence, her emotions.

And instead that Love gave her lifelong pain, betrayal, guilt, nightmares, tears, coldness, and what not.

Then how could she believe in that Love again? How was she supposed to believe that it could give happiness, because she experienced life that nothing she loved ever stayed.

Bhanumati was suggesting her to give the relationship a chance, Govind said the same too.

But, could anyone tell her that it would work, that her marriage would work if she gave it a chance.

Because apparently everything that she loved, was lost somewhere between. And that's why, what she feared the most was attachment.

She had stopped making relationships and attachments long before, thanks to the Rathore family that they provided her food and education, and she was beyond grateful to them.

But she never felt any kind of attachment towards the Rathores, then what if after making new bonds, she again lose something precious.

Precisely, lose them?

Panchali opened her eyes, feeling moist, and soon a trail of tear slipped from the corner of her eyes.

She sighed, taking a long breath. Should she give a chance?

But what if she failed like her Mumma?

You are the very essence of the life of the Pandavas.

Bhanumati's words reverberated in her mind, making her perplexed.

Why was she the essence of their lives? She humiliated them, rejected them so many times, spoke harsh words. All in all, she hurt them in so many ways, but still they had sleepless nights and determined to heal her?

Why so? Did they really love her? Or is there something else?

They are devoted towards you, as if you are the idol in a Temple and they are the five pillars surrounding you, being totally devoted.

Frowning and sighing heavily, she thought how can someone be devoted to another?

Devotion had a pure meaning, how could it be compared to mere human feelings? Could someone be devoted to another as if worshipping an idol?

Bhanumati must have got misconception, or else why would they even feel such pure feeling of Devotion.

And she failed to comprehend them.

With so many thoughts and no clear answers, she spent the night being awake as sleeping was so not an option.

Fortunately, Arushi too didn't wake up.

***

"Malini." Panchali called her handmaiden, who was arranging the medicines. While she herself sat on the swing, in the attached Balcony of the chamber.

"Yes, Yuvrani." Malini answered, moving to the Balcony.

Panchali was slightly unsure, if she should ask or not. But after a lot of thinking for three whole days, she came to a conclusion.

"Do you know where are Yudhisthir and his brothers?" She asked, nonchalantly.

"Yes Yuvrani. Yuvraj is in his chamber along with his brothers."

"Oh that's fine." She replied, a certain irritating feeling about their absence made its way to her.

Malini was about to go but halted when Panchali called her again.

"Uh, listen Malini, go and tell them to come here." She paused, removing her eyes from the baffled look of Malini.

"I - I mean, its time for changing my forehead bandage. So..." She trailed off, quickly covering.

Malini smiled at her, "It's okay, Yuvrani. I shall go and inform them."

And without waiting for anything, she moved out of the chamber.

"Ma-" Panchali was about to stop her, but by then the woman was already out.

She sighed, and thought of the previous three days.

Yes, it's been three days since she was awake from the Coma stage. Everyone visited her including Duryodhan and Dusshasan too.

But except her so called husbands who came three days ago, when she woke up from the prolonged unconsciousness, and gave her medicines.

That was the last time they visited. After a talk with Bhanumati that very night, and knowing how they felt towards her, she made up her mind.

And came to a conclusion to give their marriage a chance. Yes, finally.

Love or no love, but a cordial and platonic relationship should be maintained.

She didn't know if she could ever love them, because it's the only feeling that she dreaded the most. But she could at least try to maintain the duties and carry out the responsibilities of a wife.

***

"Pranipaat Yuvraj. Pranipaat Pandava Kumar. Yuvrani has summoned you to her chamber." Malini informed, with her eyes lowered to the floor.

While Bheem coughed out the laddoos, hearing the news. His eyes were wide in surprise.

Yudhisthir, Sahdev and Arjun looked at each other being flabbergasted.

"Is she okay?" Arjun asked, thinking something wrong.

"Rest assured, Rajkumar. Yuvrani is alright. She is just asking for the five of your presence in her chamber?" Malini informed.

"Her chamber? Did she shift back to the top floor?" Sahdev asked, frowning lightly.

"No Rajkumar. She has been in the same chamber."

They looked at each other blankly. Apparently it was the joint chamber of the Pandavas.

"Okay, you can go." Yudhisthir dismissed her, as Malini bowed one last time and moved out of the chamber.

They were about to have a conversation, but their eyes shifted to the bed, where Nakul was apparently sleeping soundly without any worry for the outer world.

"I don't understand how does this idiot manage to sleep even after such commotion." Bheem commented, looking at the sleeping figure of his brother.

He walked to the bed and removed the duvet, disturbing Nakul's sleep, who once looked at him, frowning, and then slept back again.

Yudhisthir chuckled at his sweet little brother, "Let him sleep, Bheem. He's exhausted a way too much."

Sahdev pulled the duvet again, over his twin, shaking his head, "Bhrata, he can sleep soundly because he know it well that nothing wrong could ever go when his brothers are here. That's why he takes advantage of being youngest."

Arjun gazed at Nakul who snuggled more to the pillows, his own eyes reflecting affection for his baby brother.

Ruffling his hair, Nakul groaned in sleep, "Not my hair, Bhrata Arjun. I'm no baby anymore."

Phalgun chuckled along with the others, "No matter how much you grow up, you will be our baby brother."

In return, Nakul could only pout, though his eyes were closed.

"Let him sleep, Arjun. Let us go now." Yudhisthir said, smiling softly at Nakul, who immediately drifted to sleep again.

The four moved out of the chamber towards their joint one, where she was present.

"I am wondering why she even asked for our presence. I mean, we didn't even disturbed her." Sahdev said, with a slight grudge in his voice as he recalled how Panchali expressed her point of view on  Dussehra.

And as Yudhisthir mentioned, they won't even come in front of her, that's why they didn't visit her for the previous three days.

Though they were keeping a check upon her through the maids and servants.

"I am thinking the same." Bheem supported.

"And I don't even understand her. Like she's always unpredictable, too secretive and mysterious. You never know what goes on in her head, she is so good at masking her expression. One moment she would be fine and the next she would burst out in anger." Arjun expressed his point of view.

"Bipolar." Bheem commented, muttering but was well heard by his brothers.

"Bheem." Yudhisthir scolded, while Vrikodar blinked looking here and there, as he was caught.

The eldest Pandava was about to knock the slightly opened door when they heard her permitting inside.

"Come in." Her voice came out in her usual sternness, before they could even knock.

They gazed at each other, as she got to know their footsteps. Surprisingly.

Moving inside the chamber, they watched her on the Swing in the attached Balcony.

Her back faced them, her hair sprawled open, which flew according to the soft breeze.

There was a complete silence as they anticipated for her to speak up something, but she only swinged in her own world.

Panchali turned her head sideways, and frowned looking at them through her peripheral view.

"Where is the other one?" She asked.

"Nakul is fast asleep. He has been -" Arjun started.

"Is he okay?" She interrupted asking, but they frowned at her tone.

Was there a little concern in her voice? They thought, looking at each other.

"He is alright. Just tired." Yudhisthir said, but left the reason behind which Panchali was smart enough to catch.

After all they had sleepless nights for a long time, and it was quite natural for Nakul to take some rest in the broad daylight.

"Take a seat on the couch." She kind of instructed them, which they obliged with a lot of confusion.

A few moments passed with a dead silence, neither her nor them initiated a conversation.

Exchanging looks among them, they were trying to know why did she even wanted their presence. It was so absurd.

Bheem eyed his brothers that he was right, she was truly Bipolar.

Yudhisthir widened his eyes, in an attempt to scold his second brother to shut his mouth and expression.

However Arjun muttered, "I think Bhrata Bheem is right, Jyest. She has bipolar personality."

"Arjun." Yudhisthir scolded him too, who shut his mouth immediately.

"Are you done back bitching me?" She questioned in a loud and cold voice, taking them off guard. She was still back facing them.

Shocked, by both her correct predict and her language.

Yudhisthir was about to apologize, when Sahdev grabbed his hand, shaking his head in denial, telling him not to accept.

"Uh- what? I mean, we are just sitting here, quietly." Arjun lied through his teeth.

"Being the brother of Yudhisthir, I didn't know you could lie so smoothly, Arjun." Panchali commented, smirking at her own.

However, Yudhisthir shook his head in disappointment at Arjun, who smiled sheepishly in return.

"Is there any specific reason for our presence, Yuvrani?" Sahdev asked, finally.

"Why? You don't like to stay with me or around my diameters?" She questioned in return.

"Huh.." Sahdev could only blink at her figure, as no words seemed to come out. He exchanged a glance at his brothers.

"Well, I wanted to thank you all." She confessed, making them frown.

"For what?" Yudhisthir asked, being perplexed.

After all, it's not everyday that they hear her speaking in a soft tone and thanking them for something.

"For everything." She answered, getting up from the swing and turning to them.

While they gaped at her in shock, and only blinked their eyes.

"Arjun close your lips or else mosquito might go inside your mouth." She stated in a serious voice though from inside she was amused by their expression.

Blood rushed to the cheeks and ears of Phalgun, as he looked down after being caught in an embarrassment.

"It was our duty. You don't need to thank us or feel gratitude." Yudhisthir started, getting up from the couch. His brothers followed his lead too.

"At least not out of sympathy and being pressurized to feel gratitude. Because, trust me nothing hurts more than knowing someone doing something out of force." He added, looking straight at her.

To say Panchali was shocked by his words, would be an understatement. She moved to the room, and stood before them, keeping a straight eye contact with Yudhisthir.

"What if I say, I am not forced to feel gratitude?" Panchali stated.

"I am genuinely honoured that you guys have healed me." She added next. Somewhat inside out.

They could only gaze at her feeling surprised by her words and the genuineness that laced her tone.

"By the way, why didn't you visited me in these three days?" She asked, though knowing the answer well.

"Because you don't acknowledge our presence?" It came out as a question from Bheem.

Panchali sighed silently. This would take a lot of time.

She knew she had done a lot of damage in their relationship. But now, she was determined to mend it.

Better late than never.

"I apologize." She stated, making their eyes widened. It was all too confusing by her words and behaviour.

"For what?" Sahdev asked, in a low tone.

"For everything." She answered.

"I highly regret my words, my behaviours, my attitude, my ignorance. I am sorry for everything." Panchali apologized, while a look of freight went across their faces.

They exchanged glances at each other, to find the same expression of bewilderment. Is she okay?

"Are you alright?" Arjun asked, cautiously. She is really Yuvrani, isn't she?

However, Panchali ignored the urge to roll her eyes at their stupid thoughts.

"I am okay, Arjun." She started. "I know whatever happened on Dussehra, it wasn't your fault. Whatever I said that day it was truly wrong, I admit."

She paused to find an unreadable expression on their faces, with a mixture of confusion, dumbfound, bewilderment and what not.

"I was not in my true mind and senses on that day. I know it's hard and too late to say this but please, if possible, try to forget whatever I said to you all. Trust me if you can, but I really didn't meant any of those words." She confessed, with nothing but genuineness.

"Trust me when I say I acted too impulsive and the words just came out of reflex. I really didn't mean anything. So, if possible, can I be forgi-" She was interrupted by a highly overwhelmed Yudhisthir.

"No."

"Huh?"

"I mean, don't ask for forgiveness. Please. It wasn't your fault either." He started, as he felt at worst hearing her pleading.

"Exactly, whatever happened that was our fault. We shouldn't have arranged the Birthday not knowing what could be the consequences." Arjun stated, not feeling well after hearing her asking for forgiveness.

It was their fault that they had forgotten and acted impulsive by arranging the surprise.

And the results were gruesome, with a lifetime lesson.

"We shouldn't have done that, especially the thing which had triggered you. I don't know how it just slipped out of our mind that how you got a panic attack on the night of Pehli Rasoi because of it." Bheem too accepted, assuring her to not feel guilty.

He was extra careful to not use the term 'Kheer', in case she felt disturbed. As they knew her past was not too pleasant, and maybe something happened that was related to Kheer.

However, Panchali could look anywhere but them. But what surprised her was that Bheem indicated that substance, but didn't utter the name.

"Well, then no one was wrong. It was only the situation that made things go in such a way that was not favourable." She mentioned, sighing.

"But that won't hide my attitude, what wrong is wrong. And in this case, in these seven months, I was wrong. And I apologize henceforth." She added, making them shake their head in denial.

"Please, don't make us ashamed." Sahdev started, smiling softly at her. "Let the bygones be bygones. Because if we hold onto the grudge, then we can never move on in our life."

"I agree with Sahdev." Yudhisthir stated. "We make mistakes, we regret, we correct it, learn from it and then move on. That's how life is."

A wave of astonishment passed through Panchali, as she listened to such inspiring words from her eldest husband.

"You know, life is unpredictable. You never know when and what may happen all of a sudden. It's all about ups and downs. There will be times when you will find like you're over the Moon and also there will be times when you will feel like slowly breaking apart." He added with a content smile, gazing at her affectionately.

Panchali sighed. Taking a seat on the bed, she looked out of the window.

She scoffed, as a smirk formed on her face, "You are all too innocent, you know. You think life is all like a novel where everyday feels thrilling like an adventure, because you don't know what's on the next page."

In return she got silence, as they watched her expression turned into a complete blank, making them frown.

Her entire life flashed in her mind, "Sometimes life can be predictable. And all you can think is how brutally it took away all the precious things from you."

"And then, the novel of life becomes useless because apparently you somewhere get lost in the Darkness of what called life." She added. A sheer line of tears glistened in her eyes, gazing at the scenery outside.

Her voice was exceptionally low, but they could hear it well. A pang of hurt slashed through their heart, looking at her.

"You know what, people say time heals the pain. But they are wrong. They don't know that instead time helps us to get accustomed and habitat to the pain that life gifts us." The sharpness of pain came back all rushing to her.

It was hurting them to see her like that. It was the very first time, she was opening up to them. Talking about her grudge against life.

Exchanging another look, they came to know that all four of them were thinking the same.

They healed her outer wounds, but somewhere they couldn't heal her soul.

"Well, expectations died long ago you know. So, it doesn't really matter what happens in future." She said, turning her head to another side and blinking the tears away.

After a long silence, she gained her usual consciousness and turned to them, to find herself being gazed back by them.

"Leave all these things. I just wanna say something." She started, and took the laptop from the bedside table.

Opening it, she stated, "A month ago, I offered you a time till Dussehra about your remarriage."

She paused for a moment, with her eyes stuck on the laptop screen and her fingers moving across the keypads.

While once again the same disheartening feeling came all rushing back to them. Does she still wants them to marry again?

"We have decided that if you still want us to-" Yudhisthir was harshly interrupted by Panchali.

"Don't even think of that. Forget about what I said, because none of you are going to marry again EVER. And that's final." Her cold stern voice resonated in the chamber, while her eyes were still stuck on the laptop.

Her face resembled absolutely no emotion as if she didn't just warn them strictly. However, they gaped at her in pure shock.

"I gave you all a lot of time to think about yourselves, but you all denied the offer." She said, and raised her eyes to meet Sahdev's ones.

"Remember Sahdev, I had told you all are gonna have time just 48 hours." She asked, however the youngest Pandava just kept quite looking at her.

"And when the deadline is over, you all cannot marry even if you wish. If you go against me, then you can't even imagine the consequences."

"Because for me, three things matter the most- Loyalty, Commitment and Passion. And what I hate the most are the people who betrays. So, hereafter I would warn you all to stop thinking of your next marriage."

A chill ran down their spine, as they noticed her eyes darkening with every word of  she spoke.

To say they were beyond shock would held no meaning. Because they were overwhelmed with emotions.

They were glad, yet felt intimidating towards her feeling the dominance she carried in her words.

Turning her eyes back to her laptop, she once again warned them, "Also convey this message to Nakul that I have information of his flirty nature with the maids and other princesses. Tell him to stop doing that henceafter."

Bheem and Arjun snikered lightly while Yudhisthir and Sahdev had amused smiles on their faces.

But yes, her possessive words did flutter their hearts weirdly in a way that they kind of liked. It was a ticklish feeling knowing the little possessiveness in her voice.

"Your wish is our command." Yudhisthir stated, smiling warmly while Panchali raised her eyes from the laptop and gazed at them, being surprised.

They smiled at her in a loving way, before moving out of the chamber.

However what went unnoticed by them was a rare small smile that spread across her lips, while her eyes sparkled with unfamiliar emotions looking at their retreating figures.

Your wish is our command. And there Panchali knew, her decision of giving her marriage a chance was right.

Greetings Loveliest Readers,

So, how did you like Panchali's changed determined mind? And the Pandavas likeness towards her possessive nature?

They are starting to bond well, aren't they? But will they succeed or is there going to be any other obstacles between them?

Not to forget Chandrachur's ugly obsession with Panchali.

So tell me your thoughts. See y'all in the next chapter.

VOTE • COMMENT

Thanking You,
Hiya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.6K 2.5K 18
After a major heartbreak which made her too afraid to love again, Aarohi unexpectedly falls into the era of Mahabharata. She alternates between the p...
3.4K 143 9
"I know , I failed ! I failed to protect you!!" He said. "But, can you give me a chance to prove myself!" He urged. She remained silent! Silent like...
20.8K 839 37
What if Panchali was born just one month before her marrige to Pandavas? What if their marrige took place due to the war of panchal? What if Panchali...
27.5K 1.7K 21
"Marry me" he said. she was hell shocked by his confession because no one will expect this from a complete stranger or she was thinking she heard so...