Royals

By jiminedin

"That's the difference. You may think, just going to this school makes you a Royal but no. They are the true... More

✨Preview ✨
Chapter 1 - Royals High
Chapter 2 - The Most Handsome Boy
Chapter 3 - Teenage Drama
Chapter 4 - Ring Ring Ring
Chapter 5 - Strawberry Shortcake
Chapter 6 - Mint Chocolate
Chapter 7: Favorite Icecream
Chapter 8: Changes
Chapter 9 - Different Opinions
Chapter 10 - The E-mail
Chapter 11 - Classmates
Chapter 12 - The Best of Everything
Chapter 13 - You're Not Alone
Chapter 14 - The Boy With Kind Eyes
Chapter 15 - New Uniform, Old Me
Chapter 16 - Spilled Coffee
Chapter 17 - Soiled Uniform
Chapter 18 - Good News
Chapter 19 - You Have a Parcel
Chapter 20 - First Day Jitters
Chapter 21 - There's No Going Back Now
Chapter 22 - A Great Start
Chapter 23 - Bad Timings
Chapter 24 - Person 1 or Person 2
Chapter 25 - Gut Feelings
Chapter 26 - Bunny Teeth
Chapter 27 - Ring Of The Bell
Chapter 28 - Another Leather Jacket
Chapter 29 - Love Song
Chapter 30 - A New Friend
Chapter 31 - Warnings
Chapter 32 - The Lunch Table
Chapter 33 - The Main Table
Chapter 34 - Helping Hand
Chapter 35 - A Long Day
Chapter 36 - Unexpected Visitors
Chapter 37 - Blood & Bruises
Chapter 38 - Something Wrong
Chapter 39 - Easy Deal
Chapter 40 - Close Proximity
Chapter 41: Maroon Envelope
Chapter 42 - Reality Check
Chapter 43 - Answers for Answers
Chapter 44 - The Choi Brothers
Chapter 45 - Royals
Chapter 46 - You're Coming With Me
Chapter 47 - Not what I was expecting
Chapter 48 - Too Loud
Chapter 49 - Promise? Promise
Chapter 50 - Rock, Paper, Scissors
Chapter 51 - Puppy Dog Eyes
Chapter 52 - Reminder
Chapter 53 - Happy To See Him
Chapter 54 - Run
Chapter 55 - End of the Hill
Chapter 56 - Real Conversation
Chapter 57 - Friends
Chapter 58 - Where I Belong
Chapter 59 - A Much Needed Hug
Chapter 60 - Date Me
Chapter 61 - Potential Date Material
Chapter 62 - Have Fun On Your Date
Chapter 63 - Pity Date
Chapter 64 - Team Yuri-San
Chapter 65 - After School Plan
#1 Ranking
Chapter 66 - Coin Karaoke
Chapter 67 - Breathe
Chapter 68 - Fall
Chapter 69 - Results are Out
Chapter 70 - On The Same Page
Chapter 71 - At My Worst
Chapter 72 - Hi? Hi
Chapter 73 - Flutters
Chapter 74 - Armour/ Burden
Chapter 75 - Long Forgotten Rocky Road
Chapter 76 - The New Part - Timer
Chapter 77 - Lies and Pies
Chapter 78 - Two Brothers
Chapter 80 - Not An Insider
Chapter 81 - Rainy Day Fund
Chapter 82 - Sour Aftertaste
Chapter 83 - Sunset Skies
Chapter 84 - Dinner Table Conversation
Chapter 85 - Villain
Chapter 86 - Suffocating

Chapter 79 - The Choi House

179 16 42
By jiminedin

"Earth to Yuri? Are you there?" a hand waves in front of my face and it snaps me out of my haze.

After the encounter with Soobin and Yeonjun, my head was not in the right space. I needed some air and went to sit outside on the bench in the common courtyard but it was soon time for my class and no boy was worth missing my classes.

Especially when I was actually doing good.

I remember Yeonjun calling out to me when I walked away from both the brothers but I didn't listen or turn back around.

No matter how much I tried I always ended up in a whirlwind between them both.

The sad reality was that even though I gave myself a pep talk that I needed to focus on my studies and classes and not fret over two Choi boys in my life, that encounter kept my brain in a haze throughout the entire class.

I jot down a revision of this lecture in my notebook that I use as a journal. Having the important to-dos on paper really helps me organize my priorities at the end of the day and keep track of my progress.

"The class ended five minutes ago. Hello, do I not exist for you?" I finally registered the voice.

Beomgyu was sitting on the desk in front of my seat with his feet perched up on the chair.

"Hi, sorry, I have a lot on my mind" I shrug.

"Yeah, I can see but I don't think that notes are going to be any of your help... Theory of alliteration... can be solved when we think about the two can be maroon black hair?" he reads off the sentence from my lecture notes and I snatch the paper away from him.

I stare at the sheet in utter disbelief.

I know I was not paying much attention but I didn't think I would be writing gibberish. I feel extremely embarrassed and Beomgyu's laughter does not help my case.

"It's okay. Don't be embarrassed. I'll lend you my notes for this class" he suggests and I shake my head, gathering my things.

"You don't have to do that. I'll go over the lecture and the chapter once I get home" I put my bag over my shoulder and start walking out of the classroom.

"Why Yuri, do you think my notes are not up to your standards? I am hurt" Beomgyu in his Beomgyu fashion feigns hurt, clutching the shirt over his chest and opening his mouth in an 'o'.

I just roll my eyes at him.

"Heyo gang what's up?" Saehi comes around the corner with her bag over her shoulder.

"Just giving over Yuri thinking my academic standards of taking notes are subpar and that is the greatest insult that I think I have received to date" Beomgyu continues with his dramatics.

"Huh, weird, I thought coloring your hair the color of a carrot was the biggest insult you received but then again, it would be a more serious insult to carrots" Saehi bites back and Beomgyu grimaces in return.

"Who invited you to our best-friend super duo? We don't need a sidekick" Beomgyu makes a shooing gesture at Saehi and she flips him the bird.

"Please, get away from me before I sidekick your face" Saehi retorts.

"Bring it on" Beomgyu puts his hands up in fists and narrows his eyes at Saehi.

I stand in between them and push them away from each other. I know they are joking and I don't believe Beomgtyu will actually start a fight with Saehi but I can't put anything past him.

And given my luck, both of them might actually end up in a fistfight.

"Okay, no fighting on school grounds. Let's just walk out in peace" I urge both of them to walk side by side and thankfully they agree.

"But You think I cannot take good notes, don't you?" Beomgyu starts again. He is just looking for a quarrel now that his adrenaline is pumped up because of Saehi.

"It's not that. You must need it to do your revisions right? I'll manage. If I come across something I don't understand, I always have your number" I say honestly and he laughs.

"You really think I will open these before the night of the exam?" he raises his eyebrows cockily.

"Maybe that's why you're failing" Saehi comments and Beomgyu scoffs.

"Please. I am third in our batch. I am doing pretty good" he smirks and I look at him in awe.

"You have a gifted brain, put it to better use than quarreling with Saehi," I scold and he shrugs.

" I mean I am bummed that you took my spot but eh, it's all just numbers. This doesn't matter to me" he shrugs as he points at me and I look at him quizzically.

"Wait, how do you know you're third? And what did I take from you?" I ask and he stares at me like I am dumb.

"We get the batch-wise result in the email as well. It is standard practice" Saehi looks at me like I am dumb and I open my phone to check for any emails I must have missed in the past week or so but lo and behold, it died yet again. I groan.

"I thought we would get the batch-wise result after the end-term. Isn't that how it works?" I ask them. I know I did well in the exams but I want to see my rank.

"No, they do it after every exam to create healthy competition and it gives you perspective on how much better you have to do to make up for your scores" Saehi explains and I nod.

"Can I check the sheet on your phone? Mine's dead" I wave my brick in front of her and she nods.

"Relax, I told you, you took my spot. You're second" Beomgyu says and I look up at him.

"Wow, I know I did good but I didn't know I was second" I have an involuntary smile spreading over my face. I can't wait to tell it to my parents. They will be happy.

"Yeah, you should be happy. You did good Yuri" Beomgyu bumps his shoulder with mine and I smile at him.

"But wait, who's first? And Saehi, what's your rank?" I ask.

"Taehyun's first. He always has been. And Saehi's rank is 25" Beomgyu shrugs.

Taehyun's first?

I mean, I am not surprised. That guy is really intelligent. I hate to admit it but it is true.

"Stalker much?" Saehi asks and Beomgyu rolls his eyes.

"Needy much?" he scoffs back.

"Hi, are you guys headed out?" San meets us at the edge of the campus. He is in the school tracksuit.

He must be taking a few laps around the school boundary because he is sweaty and hair sticks to his forehead. He wipes his forehead and brushes his hair back.

Soon a few other athletic guys follow San, jogging their way to us but San gestures them to keep going.

"Close your mouth Saehi. Or else your drool might just fall on the ground" Beomgyu bites out, more hostile than he usually is with Saehi and she narrows her eyes at him.

"Are you jealous?" Saehi bats her eyelashes and fakes an innocent smile.

Beomgyu for once does not come up with a retort but his jaw is tense and I see his hands balled up in fists.

I raise my eyebrow in a silent question but Beomgyu avoids my eyes. When I look back at San, he has a sad look on his face.

I made a mental note to ask him about whatever this was.

"Oh, by the way, I am glad you're joining us on the trip this time San. We're going to have so much fun. There's so much planned. And I mean the off-the-itinerary list. The itinerary list is boring" Beomgyu shrugs.

"I don't think I want to know or be involved in the off-the-itinerary activities" San looks apprehensively at Beomgyu and he just laughs.

"Trust me you will. And this is your last year dude, the seniors have so much. And please don't think you have to maintain the class president role on the trip. Let loose, have fun" Beomgyu bumps his fist jokingly on San's arm and he just shrugs.

Saehi joins in on the conversation about the trip and I kind of feel left out.

I don't have things to add to this conversation and I am not going so what's the point of joining in on the conversation?

I hear bits and pieces of the conversation but don't pay attention.

"I might just end up strangling you in your sleep," Saehi says thoughtfully like she is actually considering it.

What? What were they talking about?

"Does that mean you're slipping into my bed at night?" Beomgyu smirks and Saehi rolls her eyes and makes gagging noises.

"Well guys, it's getting late. I should get going" I say and Beomgyu looks over at me.

"Hey, I didn't see your name on the list. You're not coming?" he asks and I shrug.

"Haven't given it much thought. Not really interested" I lie.

San catches my lie and his expression softens. He offered to pay for my trip but I declined. He saved up his pocket money to go on this trip. I didn't want him to pay for mine as well.

I have some savings but I have to keep it for a rainy day, just in case.

"You should totally reconsider. It is usually fun. Every year they take us to these different locations filled with activities the entire day. Even though there are chaperones, the students get lit at night. I am sure many students lose their virginity on these trips" Saehi tells me the gossips.

"And that is supposed to be an incentive for me to go, how?" I counter with a laugh and she shrugs.

"Three days of no tension, no responsibilities, no studies, no work. Let loose and have fun" San speaks opposite to me, trying to convince me and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Speaking like a true veteran, oh wait, you haven't been on the trip either" I snap and he laughs.

"Touche"

"Okay, I need to get going. I have a kid to tutor. See you guys tomorrow" I wave my goodbyes but Beomgyu stops me.

"When are you coming over to my place?" he asks and I look at him with confusion.

"Were you seriously not listening to a word that was taught today? We got a group project to work on a short story. We could choose our partners and I chose you" My eyes widen at Beomghyu's statement.

"I told you to come over to our house today or tomorrow and we can brainstorm some ideas to get started?" he continues.

"You know what, forget it. Go ahead. I'll tell you the address. We can huddle tomorrow after school" he suggests and I just stand there still trying to comprehend what he was saying.

Was I invited to the Choi House?

The Choi House where all three of the Choi brothers lived.

A/N: I said I'll update on Sunday but I finished this chapter a little early so here it is! I hope you like this chapter. 

Also, I can't stress enough how much I appreciate everyone who's taking the time out of their lives to read this story. This story is very dear to my heart and I started it when I was at a very low place and I always come back to it whenever I feel low because these characters are my pick me up.

I understand that there are a lot of great stories out there with much more exciting plotline and probably not as slow burn as this story is but I just want to state again, I am really grateful to all my readers and I read all your comments and messages. It really motivates me to keep writing. So thank you.

I am curious about one thing though - How do you guys think this story will end? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 287 9
Kara Zor-El has lost all of her hope after the death of the scarlet speedster. Death seems to follow her constantly, wandering the ground she walks u...
109K 3.6K 32
"The difference between you and me is that you belong in the light and I, Backstage." :: Going Seventeen has gone a step further to create the ultima...
61.6K 924 62
[SLOW UPDATE] This book consist of random imagines of every SEVENTEEN members because 80% of my brain are all delusions.
33.2K 1K 41
Lee Seo-ah, a 22-year-old with a bright outgoing attitude, works at her mom's cafe during the day and runs a TXT fan account at night. [@Soobinny on...