The HalfBlood- FourthWing Fan...

By Quietdreamer52

Freya Sorrengail. The halfblood. Born different than her siblings she always stood out. Whether it was appea... More

characters
1- Conscription Day
2- The Parapet
3-The Crossing
4- Official Cadet
5-Fourth Wing
6- The Sparring
7- The Journal
8-The Woods
9- Admiring Your Work
10- The Kill
11-Traitors Side
12-Not Your Mother
13- The Gauntlet
14- The Burning Pile
15-Presentation Day
16- Presentation Day 2
17- The Gold Dragon
18-Threshing
19- The Drefected One
20-Bonded
21- A Rider
22- Protection
23- The Attempt
24- I Heard Him!
25- Body Guard
26- Severed
27- Liam Mairi
28- The Scroll
29-
30- The Feelings Through The Bond
31- The kiss
32- The Fight
33- Mistake
34- Authors Note/ Training
35- Preparation
36- The Flight
37- Squad Battle
38- Squad Challenges
39- The Final Task
40- The Task
41- After the Task
42- The Front Lines
43- Front Lines 2
44-
45- The Attack / Authors Note
46
47- The Confession
48- Getting to know you
49- Why'd you want to know me?
50- Reveal me/ Authors Note
51- Chaos
52- Reveal me pt.2
53- Revealed to me
54
55- Feelings
56- Love Triangle
57- 2 sides
58
59- The Party
60- 1 Love
61- Everything is yours
62- The Final
63- The Final pt. 2
64- The Betrayal
65- The Betrayers
66- Dead Anyways
67- Die a traitor
68- The Wyvern
69- The Battle of Althybene
70- The Battle of Athybene PT.2
71- To Bend Death
73- Finale pt.1
73- Finale pt.2
75- Finale pt.3
76- Life for a Life
77- The End
Book 2

72- Is To Sacrifice Life

816 47 13
By Quietdreamer52

The Gruttal roar of Tairn makes loose pebbles fall to the floor of the valley where we're in.

" How do we get out?!" Hetta asks frantically.

There was another billow of smoke and the putrid smell of burning flesh and death as he circles. " We need to hide!" Xaden demands, " They're looking."

There were more screams, more crying, I hear mothers crying for their children, for their loved ones, brothers, sisters, friends for friends. Everything is screaming at me and just try to help them.

Xaden seems to notice this as well. " We tried. Now, we need to try to get the hell out of here-"

" And go where?!" I snap. " Back to Navarre? Go running to my mother? Tell her?"

" No. I have somewhere else. Somewhere were we need to tell them they have Tairn." He answers.

" Yea? And where's that?!"

He closes his mouth making me chuckle. " More secrets? Great..."

" Now is not the time Fury. Once we survive this-"

" IF WE SURVIVE!"

" There's still hope!" He hisses, " Now is not the time to fight about this? We're exposed! I'll tell you everything Freya but NOW is not the time! Let's move!"

There was a cave literally eye shot from us. Garrick and Bohdi went first making sure no reborns were lurking... then we go in. Just enough time to all cram before there was the roar and gust of wind, smelling of rotting flesh from Tairn.

" I thought he died." Imogen states. " In the Vale."

The dragons seem to be communicating, looking at one another, looking to have an quarrel.

" I mean he died... Almost two months ago. We would've have heard something before then right?" Hetta adds.

"Rhys?" I ask.

" My brother was aiding outside of the Navarrian boarders. I could feel him fall."

" What killed him... he's...Massive."

" I suppose the same things that nearly just took all our lives. Normally he went alone." Rhsy says gravely. " We knew but knew it would create unwanted attention to our cause so The Empyrean decided to keep it quiet."

" All the dragons knew." I blurt, looking around. " He died outside of Navarre. They decided to keep quiet."

Everyone looks at their dragons, in the same way I looked at Rhys this whole time... Sucks being lied to huh?

" Dragons do not get commanded by humans. Nor do we think your entitled to what we say." Segyl speaks in my head. " We told all our riders this.

Xaden sighs. " That would've been useful information." He looks outside of the cave, " We need a distraction."

 " I can fly." Imogen says quickly " Avert them away, the rest of you go."

" No, I'll come with. It'll be a death sentence for you to go alone." Liam adds.

" No! I just got you back Mairi. I didn't jump mid air for nothing. Stop trying to be the hero." I snap. " Plus, Deigh is hurt and is to stubborn to admit it. I refuse to let anyone else die. We ride together, in a group. That's our best chance."

" They'll spot us right away." Xaden chimes in. 

" You said it before. Stick together." I retort just as sharply. " There need to be a way..."

My mind reels... trying to scrounge anything and everything from the last day or so. Abotu the venin, wyvern, reborns.

The reborn.

" He's a reborn." I state.

" Yea, can't you smell the damn thing?" Imogen adds.

" Solei turned into a reborn. She could get killed by fire. I killed the venin that turned them both when she died the others did. We just need to kill the venin."

" That also is riding Tairn.... Not just another reborn dragon that they dug up Freya. Tairn... THE Tairn." Garrick says looking at me earnestly.

" And I'm riding Tairn's.."

" Younger"

" Younger brother. Who is also part wyvern, who can also incinerate other dragons." I defend. " You guys know... Imogen said it herself.. They're after me. If I can distract them... You guys might have a pretty damn good chance of saving your asses. Living another day, going to wherever you need to go."

" You forget we're bonded Fury. I'm not letting you die, I told you that." Xaden notes. " If you go... I go."

I swallow nodding. " Alright." I take a deep breath, " Alright.... Xaden and I go towards Tairn and you guys fly like hell. No matter what you hear, or feel... You keep going. Is that all understood?"

Everyone stays silent, looking at Xaden. He was looking at me, then looking at the others " She asked you a question. Was that clear enough for you all?"

They nod, sadly.

Xaden nods. " Good." I takes a breath, " Then, if something goes wrong... I'm sure your dragons will tell you. If so, Garrick your in Lead, Bohdi your second. Imogen in third... Do whatever the hell you need to do... Like it's always been."

Xaden looks at Liam and Hetta. " Tell Sloane hi for me. Make sure she does good, you two also. Keep eachother alive."

I see Hetta's eyes water, as she quickly steps out of line hugging Xaden. " Thank you. For keeping us alive all these years."

Xaden shifts back just a step, hugging her back just briefly. " Imogen, work on her composure skills."

They all seem to chuckle at this as Hetta takes a step back now looking at me. 

" Thank you...for being nice to me, even knowing who I was when we were climbing the Turret. After Parapet... You were one of my only friends and I don't ever want to to think otherwise Freya. I'm sorry-"

" It's already done." I say calmly offering a small smile. " At least I know the truth, and some truth to the questions I've been wondering all my life. If I die... I'll take some comfort in that knowing who I am. Part of me at least."

She smiles and nods.

I lock eyes with Liam, who I know wanted to do the same thing that Hetta did to Xaden. He swallows " Thanks for the save, again."

I smile, " Yea. Don't waste it, thsi is your second time already cheating death let's not make it a third."

He nods looking at Xaden. " Keep yourselves alive brother."

Xaden smirks, " I plan on it. I still plan on beating your ass."

Again everyone chuckles, I take a breath. " And I... Want to thank you all for keeping me alive. And despite who I am... despite Xaden being bonded to me.... Thank you for the fairness...for the most part this past year. I know it must've been damn hard to have to protect a Sorrengail."

I happen to glance at Imogen. " And I'm sorry. The first time we sparred I said that comment about your mom getting killed. I never apologized."

She nods. " Forgiven... And I think we can all speak when I say we do look at you like one of our own, even if your the general's daughter. You never acted like a Sorrengail, even after you found out on the island,  when Xaden gave you the option on the outpost to leave and go back... You've stayed. Your our friend Freya."

I almost let a tear slip, again I give a curt nod. " Thank you." I look at Xaden, " I bet my mom will be quite amused to see if we died together. We'll be like Romeo and Juliette."

" But with dragons and more badass." He adds.

" Yea.."

Our gazes linger for just a second before he pulls it away. " Remember... and fly damn fast." HE then looks to Rhys and Segyl. " Are you two ready?"

" If we go down, We go down together." Segyl affirms. 

" Though I'll be damned if we die today." Rhys adds.

Xaden climbs on Segyl, I do the same with Rhys. " Good. Let's go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.1K 2.2K 19
𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐑𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 has not had the easiest life -- none of the marked kids have. Just a few years ago Teagan's father, Fen Riorson, was exe...
16.5K 681 31
Sometimes when we find out a secret that has been kept from us for so long, it's not the secrecy that kills us, but what is actually unveiled. |||||...
33.2K 1.3K 17
Belladonna Sorrengail, twin sister to Violet, decided to follow her sister to the riders quadrant instead of going to the healers quadrant. Kind of...
27.6K 837 11
All the betrayers children are marked, they had to watch their parents die. There is a hidden marked one. No one can know, her fathers pride and the...