best friend

By 1Up0Down

"If i was your best friend.." More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23

14

615 36 6
By 1Up0Down

The Next Morning
Morgan

"You wearing that to go eat lunch?" My dad asked as I stood in the kitchen in my outfit. I was dressed in a white crop shirt, some fitted cuff sweats with the drawstrings, and a pair of New Balance's Rain Cloud 2002r's.

"Yeah... whats wrong with it?" I ask while looking down at myself, my purse in my hands that rested by my side. "This is your first date."

"And how did you dress on your first date?" I ask him in return, though this is not my first date. "Like a gentleman... let's see how Gianna's dressed."

"She's outside in the car." I inform him while going to get a water out the fridge, he made his way to the front door. "Oh my god." I groan and grab my water, following behind him.

Shug was standing outside of her car looking at her phone, and she was dressed no different than me actually. Since she did have a street wear based style, she was wearing some shit of that category but it fit her perfectly.

She was dressed in a brown essentials hoodie, a pair of light blue denim's with patchwork all down her legs, stopping at her shins. A pair of white gums on her feet, and some kinda distressed beanie or ski mask on her head, whatever it was.

"Hell, you look just like her." He told her while I followed behind, she glanced down at her outfit. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"Nothing, don't listen to him. You look good." I tell her as i made it to her, she pulled me into a hug. "how you feeling?" She asks me while resting her arms at my waist, even though my dad was standing here she still hugged me like she usually would.

"I'm fine.. still a little tired but.." I reply back, pulling away from the hug. Her arms remained wrapped around my waist while we both turned to face my dad who was standing at the top step while we were on the sidewalk.

"So what time should I have her home?" Shug joked while chuckling lightly, I shake my head at her while my dad smiles in amusement. "Before the street lights come on."

"Alright daddy, I'll see you later." I reply with a small sigh, turning toward the car. Him and Shug both laughing while I pulled the door open, getting inside. I inhaled the nice smell of Shug's car, which smelled like some kind of cologne.

I couldn't even describe how it smelled, it just smelled extremely sweet and comforting. Shug made her way around the car and got in, relaxing in her seat before she glanced over at me. "What?" I ask.

"Nothing at all, you want Syberg's?" She asks while mentioning our favorite joint, that I hadn't been to in years. "Yeah." I nod and grab my seat belt, strapping myself in.

"You sure you okay?"

"Yeah?" I glance over at her with furrowed eyebrows. "Why?"

"I'm just making sure." She told me while starting the car, her song continued which was some shit off Durk's new 7220 album. Shug was a big Durk fan and listened to whatever the nigga dropped, even if it was hella stupid or ridiculous she would still listen to it.

She always used to tell me that it just awakens the Chicago version of her, though we're from the Lou. She also listens to G Herbo which is more absurd that Durk, I mean.. he has good songs, but I can't get jiggy with no damn Herbo.

"You still listening to him?"

"Of course.. listen to this one." She turned the radio up and put her own seatbelt on before she was pulling off the curbside, I glanced at the screen which read Two Hours From Atlanta.

I listened to the first few lines just staring at the screen, my face blank as i listened to every lyric. "I am not impressed." I tell Shug who just chuckled while hitting next, i listened as the intro played before recognizing the song.

"Ok, I kinda like this one.. I think I heard it on IG reels or something.." I explain to her, she smacked her lips and picked up her phone. "You gone let IG reels turn you into a Durk fan?"

"No.. i don't think I'll ever be a Durk fan, I just said I like this song." I remind her while adjusting my seat, she smacked her lips again. "Alright hold on.." She began fiddling with her phone, occasionally glancing up at the road which made me shake my head.

"Black people."

"Shhh.." She insisted while playing a new song, I glanced at the screen to see an NBA Youngboy song, I shook my head at her. "How're you gonna play him after playing Durk?"

"Shit, that ain't my beef." She stated while sitting her phone in her lap, I chuckled slightly while shaking my head while the song started. I got the bag. I read while listening to the flow, whenever I listen to him I don't even listen to his lyrics because that nigga is fucking crazy.

And sometimes I start to imagine what rappers are saying when they rap, so imagine me trying to imagine him "splitting someone's head".

"It's cool." I shrug, Shug just shook her head at me before stopping at a red light, she glanced over and started to bop her head along to the song so I sighed and looked away from her, hearing a chuckle.

"What? You don't like Yb?"

"He's cool. I don't really listen to a lot of.... Vulgar rap." I explain while gently rubbing my eyes, careful not to fuck up my lashes. "You sound old as hell.." She laughed which made me blush slightly.

"So what kinda rap you listen to?"

"Like.. Tyler The Creator, Kanye... shit like that." I mumble in return, hearing a hum. "You listen to anything."

"I do. I listen to Durk and Yb.. I just don't not listen to the majority of their music.. I only know a few songs. And why is Yb constantly dropping albums?" I frown by the end of my statement, glancing over at her to see her shrugging.

"I don't know but I'm loving it."

"Of course you are." I reply sarcastically while chuckling, she smiled. "Ima make you a fan of both of them." She assured me. "Like, a die hard fan."

"And how're you gonna do that?"

"You'll see, just keep listening." She insisted, the light turned green and she eased off the brakes and pushed the gas, making me shake my head in return. "You know you're a bad driver right?"

"How?"

"If I wasn't wearing my seatbelt then I would've been through the windshield right now.. and you were just checking your phone like crazy while driving." I name off while crossing my ankles, she chuckled at me like it was funny.

"You would not have been through the windshield, so dramatic." She shook her head while grabbing her phone again but I took it from her, sitting it in my lap. "Can you change the song?"

I nod and flip the phone over, doing so. Of course it was another NBA Youngboy song, making me shake my head. "Here, I wanna play something." I hand her the phone so she can unlock it which she gracefully did, handing it back to me.

I go to her search bar and searched you & me, putting it in the queue before I handed her phone back. "If the song bad you can never pick a song again."

"It's not bad... it's better than the shit you listening to." I tease at her while checking my own phone, opening the group chat with the girls. "Who is it?"

"Gunna."

"Gunna's better than who?"

"Durk and Yb." I reply back mindlessly while reading a few messages, hearing Shug scoff. "You trippin." She tells me, I take a minute to pause and read the rest of the messages before swiping down, noticing the date.

"Your birthday is coming up." I remind her while glancing up to see us at another light, she hummed. "You gone be here with me?"

"Yeah, of course." I say as if it were obvious, leaning over to poke her cheek. She shook her head playfully and I chuckled, repeating the action. "Here you go.."

"Shut up, what you want for your birthday?"

"You."

"Corny." I frown and pinch her cheek, making her smack her lips. "I was serious though." She told me while leaning toward me, puckering up her lips. I cover her mouth and squeeze lightly, only for her to pull away.

"What?" I ask innocently with a small chuckle, she side eyed me before glancing back at traffic, trying to focus on the red light. "Uh oh..." I start as You & Me starts to play, she continued to side eye me while I turned up the radio.

"Don't listen to.. what people say. They don't know bout you and me.." I start while turning her head towards me, she playfully rolled her eyes which made me blush and pinch her cheek ago. "Man gone.." She turned her head slightly, now smiling as well.

I continued humming the lyrics while swiping underneath her cheek in a teasing manner, distracting her while she was driving. "Moo.. oh my God." She grumbled while i imitated the beat with my mouth, yes I'm that annoying.

"Can i drive?" I ask her randomly, she instantly shook her head. "Just sit ova there and look pretty, move, quit touching me." She stated, me knowing that she was joking, of course i had to take it to the extreme.

I frowned and crossed my arms, sitting back in my seat which made her smack her lips. "Here you go, lil crybaby ass."

"Mhm." I hum, feeling her hand down on my thigh, i picked it up and removed it but she grabbed ahold of my jacket like she was jacking me up, pulling me closer to her. "Pay attention to the road." I try telling her, but she just peppered my lips and the surrounding area with kisses.

"Shug.." i pull away, only to be pulled back. "Kiss me back." She insisted while speeding up a little, i hurriedly kissed her back, afraid of what could happen next. She chuckled and pecked my lips a few more times before pulling away, glancing at the road.

"Look.. almost here." She smiled sarcastically while i just shook my head, glancing out my window. "Almost took my life over a kiss."

"Woulda died with yo lips on mine." She stated while merging over, turning on her blinkers so we could pull into the lot. "Thats crazy." I shake my head, hearing her chuckle as she finally pulled in.

"Hush girl, i wasn't gone kill you." She told me while shutting the car off, climbing out afterwards. I did as well, closing the door behind me I turned to her standing there, giving me a once over.

"What?"

"You look good." She told me, i smiled and gave her a slow 360. "My butt look big?"

"You got a lil some." She told me, i fake pout in return while she just chuckled. "It's okay, you got enough." She told me while leading the way on the side to the entrance, I playfully roll my eyes.

"I am thick for real, just not in pants." I reply back, feeling her hand brush against my leg. I glanced down to see her feeling around for my hand since they were packed, and I was nearly a foot shorter so it would probably be easy for me to get lost in this big ass crowd.

I grab her hand and intertwine our fingers, loving the warmth that came from her hand in return. And the fact that it was fairly larger than my mine. "Table for 2."

"Yes sir, right this way."

"Ma'am. She's a girl." I finally speak up when Shug didn't say anything, we were now walking side by side. She nudged my arm and I just shook my head in return, listening to the woman's apology.

"I'm so sorry, ma'am. we're packed, my brains so wonky." She attempted to excuse herself, I just hummed while Shug gave a small smile. "Here we are, someone will be right with you shortly."

We sat as the woman left, Shug shifting in her seat while glancing around. "Why you didn't say nothing?" I ask her, getting a careless shrug in return.

"I always get that, and sometimes shit be awkward when you correct them so I just.." She shrugged again while pulling off her hood, leaning back in her chair. "Yeah, no.. she wouldn't like it if I just walked up and called her a man with that thick ass mustache above her lip—."

"—Moo." Shug stopped me with a small chuckle, I raise an eyebrow in confusion. "What?"

"It's not that deep."

"It is." I tell her, frowning slightly. "And you don't even look like a boy." I add while observing her features, my eyes running across her nose and lips. "I know, I'm too pretty to be a boy anyway."

"I know that's right, you gone let me do your nails?"

"Yeah... I don't want no long ass acrylics though." She tells me with warning eyes, I crack a smile in return. "Why? I can't practice on you.. freestyle? Show off my skills?"

"Not with no long ass acrylic nails." She made it clear again, I huffed lightly and watched as she shrugged. "You be doing ya' own hands?"

"Yeah.. don't look though, I need them redone." I pulled my hands from the table quickly, balling my fist as much as I could. "Let me see... they can't look worse than mine." She showed me her hand, her nails were overgrown which made me frown.

"Cut your nails."

"You cut it for me."

"Ok.. you got a nail filer at home?" I asked her while scooting forward in my chair, she shrugged. "I don't know."

"How you don't know?"

"If I do.. I probably ain't unpack it." She shrugged while scratching her head, picking up her menu. "Why haven't you finished unpacking everything? Are you gonna decorate more?"

"Yeah.. I guess so. And shit because I get lazy." She admitted with a small yawn, her eyes scanning down the menu as she looked for her meal. "You do not get lazy, I've never known you to get lazy."

"Well shit... now you do."

"Are you still gonna be in the gym?" I ask her, she hummed in response while flipping the menu over. "Yeah.. sometime later this I got a training session.. a few actually."

"How many?" I asked her.

"3."

"Awww... I hope you aren't gonna be gone all day." I frown slightly while crossing my legs, she glanced up at me. "Why?"

"Because, I wanna be under you all week.. well at least until I figure out what I'm gonna do." I admit to her with a small sigh, she hummed and glanced off for a few seconds.

Those seconds turned into minutes and soon enough I was looking at my menu for whatever my stomach growled the most at. "Thats the only reason you don't wanna come back?" She silently asked me, I glanced up at her to see her comforting brown eyes.

"And I'm not tryna upset you or nothing.. I just wanna make sure we eliminate all your issues and concerns." She tells me, I nod with a small chuckle. "Yes, that's the only reason. And why do you want me to come back so bad?"

"Shit.. so we can be together." Shug said as if it were obvious, I hummed and blush slightly while glancing up from my menu, she was already staring. "I can't do long distance. I need to be able to come home to you, physically."

"That's it?"

"Yeah, Moo. I don't wanna be digital best friends, girlfriends, I wanna be in yo' face when you wake up in the morning typa shit." She told me, we both chuckled at her statement.

"I have to figure out what I wanna do, talk to my parents.. and of course, you gotta do more than take me on one lil date boo." I tease her, she chuckled in return while nodding her head.

"I know.. how ima take you out more if you gone?" She asks me, I hum silently. "I guess you got a point."

"I do. It's okay.. but anyway, you wanna share a pizza? I'm not feeling nothing else right now."

"Yeah, sure." I answer back while closing my menu, she smacked her lips. "Yes or no, Moo."

"Yes, Gianna."

"Ok then."

-

"Let me see ya' hand." I tell Shug as we sit on the couch in her living room, I sat crisscrossed while she sat regularly. I turned toward her and held my hand out for hers, the nail clippers and filer sitting on my lap.

She gave me her hand and grabbed the remote with her other, turning on the TV. I watched as she went to Netflix and waited for it to load up before it finally did, I nearly bursted into laughter seeing her profile name. "Daddy Shug."

"Yeah?" She asked as if I were calling her, which made it 10x funnier. "Girl, daddy to who?" I teased her while I began to clip her nails, starting with the pinky one. "You."

"I have one daddy." I remind her. "And it's not you."

"It will be." She said confidently while putting it on our show, On My Block. "Got you addicted huh?"

"Hell yeah, I love this lil show.. where you find it?"

"Girl what, you didn't know what this was at first?" She shook her head in return while I shook mine in disbelief. "And you're not even that old, how did you not know?"

"Shit I don't know.. I'm bout to be 24 though, I am getting old." She stated, I sigh lightly. "You are, my lil cougar." I tell her while filing her nail down to a decent size, she smacked her lips.

"I ain't no damn cougar."

"Yes you are, for me." I tell her, leaning forward I puckered up my lips, only for her to shake her head. "Take it back first."

"No. You're my cougar." I tell her with a small frown, she shook her head and leaned backward which made me frown. "Damn. Why don't you wanna be my cougar?"

"I am not a cougar, Moo. I'm 23. You're 19. You're just young." She told me while attempting to draw her hand back but I squeezed it, returning to my task. "Cougar."

She shook her head in return, making me chuckle. "I'm just playing, Gianna. Don't start crying—."

"—I ain't, move." She pushed my hand down, I frowned fast as hell while dropping her hand. "Yeah now we both mad." She replied back, I smacked my lips and gave her a look and she avoided the hell out my stare.

"You're childish." I tell her while stretching my legs out, placing them on her lap. "Finish my hand."

"Ok girl, you keep doing all this damn moving." I reply back all sassy like while grabbing her hand, she just chuckled and shook her head. "You get on my nerves."

"Shut up and watch TV." She didn't reply so I glanced up to see her smiling, making me chuckle. "See how simple that was?"

"Shut up Moo, you just love being aggy." She told me while grabbing the remote from her side, turning the TV up extremely loud. "Girl." I mumble but continue my task, now at her middle finger. She let me finish while being more focused on the show, her undone hand resting on top of my foot which was actually keeping them warm.

Once I finished with her right hand, I moved on to her left right after. "Don't cut all my shit off, I need to be able to scratch my head." She told me, I glance up at her head before pulling off her beanie, seeing that her hair new growth was caked on top of her head.

"Don't say shit." She told me, I giggled lightly while leaning forward to feel her hair. "I wasn't." I tell her while gently poking her scalp, she licked her lips and tilted her head.

"You gone give me another retwist?" She asks me while smirking softly, my face grew hot and suddenly I couldn't even hold back smile so I just covered it with a laugh.

"You serious?"

"Yeah." She fully smirked while attempting to shrug innocently, I laughed again. "No, give me your hand." I insist, she smacked her lips.

"Why?"

"Because, I don't want my hands cramping. You got a lot of hair." I remind her while flipping my hair over my shoulder, she smacked her lips. "You just lazy."

"So." I shrug and grab her hand, continuing clip her nails. Once I finished, she scratched her head to make sure they were an appropriate length, and then she was back to giving the damn TV a death stare.

I sat the clippers and the nail filer on the table before I yawned lightly and laid back. She spread my legs smooth as fuck, like I didn't even realize that they were separated until she started to lay in between them.

I watched as she laid her head on my lower stomach, avoiding putting too much weight while also trying to get comfortable. I rest my hands on top of her head while she rested hers on side my waist, her fingers brushing against my skin in a soothing pattern.

"Don't go to sleep." She told me, noticing I was yawning again. "Why not?"

"Because.. you gone sleep all day long. And I had plans on going out again." She told me while still staring at the TV, I sighed lightly. "And where we going?"

"Silver dollar city."

"Girl that shit is 3 hours away." I frown while raising up, she hummed and raised up on her elbows as well. "Yeah, so?"

"It's almost 2 now." I remind her. "So?"

"How long you planned on being there?" I ask her while scratching underneath my nose, furrowing my eyebrows. "Just a few hours, and then we was gonna get dinner there. Why, you don't want to?"

"And you're driving 3 hours back home?"

"Yes, Moo." She chuckled while shaking her head, i shook mine as well. "I mean, we can go. But, it's gonna be late as fuck by the time we make it back."

"So what, you grown ain't you?"

"Shut up." I tell her while sliding back, she raised up completely so i could move. "Where are we eating?"

"You'll see when we get there."

"Stop, don't do that. Cause then i feel like ima have to change my outfit." I reply back while frowning a little, she shook her head. "You fine, what you tryna do anyway? Out dress me?"

"Girl that'll be the hardest shit i ever done, you gone make sure your fit okay if you don't do anything else." I remind her, she chuckled in response before shrugging, raising up. "Got to, can't go nowhere looking throwed away."

"Girl please, you would put on a fit to go to the grocery store." I reply back, she smacked her lips. "You ain't ever seen me do no shit like that." She replied while standing up, stretching a little.

"Mhm." I hum in return, she yawned slightly. "Come on shit, since you don't wanna be there all night."

"I ain't say allat." I reply back while stretching slightly, and then i got up and stood underneath her. She was busy rubbing her eyes but when she noticed my presence, she smiled lightly and just shook her head.

I smile as well, but it grew when she wrapped her arms around my lower back. "You need to grow Moo, can't be walking around looking like my lil sister." She teased me, i smacked my lips.

"Alright you damn beanstalk, move." I insist while about to head toward the stairs but she pulled me back. "Put ya' shoes on." She said before leaning down like she was gonna kiss me, so i tilted my head up but she squeezed my cheeks like the big ass child she is.

"Duck lips!"

"You're childish." I slap her hand down and turn toward my shoes, feeling her hovering over me. She leaned over and kissed my cheek with a small chuckle. "I'll be back, and you better be ready."

"Mhm."

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

610K 21.6K 34
𝑖 𝑏𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑓 𝑖 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 π‘Žπ‘™π‘™ π‘šπ‘¦ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘›π‘œπ‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘›π‘”π‘  π‘”π‘œπ‘›π‘›π‘Ž π‘‘π‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 𝑒𝑠 π‘Žπ‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘ 𝑗𝑒𝑠𝑑 π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘‘...
186K 9.4K 95
π‘«π’†π’‡π’Šπ’π’Šπ’•π’Šπ’π’: (𝒏.) π‘»π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆπ’” 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’Žπ’†π’π’•π’Šπ’π’π’†π’… 𝒐𝒓 π’Žπ’‚π’…π’† π’‘π’–π’ƒπ’π’Šπ’„ --π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆπ’” 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒆𝒇𝒕 𝒖𝒏𝒔�...
58.2K 1.9K 21
"πšƒπš‘πšŽ πš πš‘πš˜πš•πšŽ πšπšŠπš–πš— πšπš’πš–πšŽ, πš’πšπšœ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšπš‘πšŠπš 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 πšπšŽπšŽπš•πš’πš—πš." --π™Ίπš’πšŠπš—πšŠ π™»πšŽπšπšŽΜ
193K 6K 32
"Damn, I'm hooked."