Different World // Nayeon X r...

By WritingRey

Park Y/N is a 25 year old cop. She lives with her two friends Dahyun and Tzuyu and takes her job seriously. O... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 41

822 83 26
By WritingRey

Y/N has not waken up for six days now. The doctor said they don't really know when she'll wake up. They will just have to wait and hopefully she'll wake up soon.

Y/N's parents are now with her in her room. Although Y/N is unconscious they still come to visit her everyday and they will keep doing so. Tzuyu and Dahyun were nice enough to let them stay at their apartment so they don't have to go to Gapyeong all the time. As for her brothers they do go back to Gapyeong every day because they have to work.

"She moved! I saw it, honey. I saw her hand move." Mrs. Park suddenly stood up and approached Y/N.

"You've been saying that for days now. See she's not moving?" Mr. Park shook his head.

"No, I swear this time her hand really did move." The woman said. Mr. Park looked at Y/N but there was no sign of movement.

"Maybe you're seeing things? I mean she isn't moving."

"But I really saw it..." She sat back down in disappointment. Maybe she is really seeing things. She just stared at Y/N's face and she suddenly saw Y/N's eyes open slowly.

"Am I hallucinating that she's opening her eyes as well?" The woman asked. Mr. Park looked at Y/N and immediately stood up. Y/N did indeed open her eyes.

"Y/N-ah, can you hear me?" He asked but Y/N just stared blankly at them moving nothing at all except for her eyes.

"Call the doctor!" Mrs. Park told her husband and he immediately exited the room.

"Y/N-ah... it's me. Can you see me?" Mrs. Park smiled but once again Y/N didn't answer. The doctor and Mr. Park came inside and the doctor started to check if everything is okay with her.

"Y/N-ssi, can you hear me? You need to at least nod so we can see how you are." The doctor asked and Y/N nodded lightly.

"Do you remember what happened?" Once again Y/N nodded.

"Why isn't she speaking? What's wrong?" Y/N's mother worried.

"She's awake but her body is too weak to move or to speak. She's going to need time to recover. I will have to examine her entirely to make sure she's well. I'm going to ask you to leave the room for a bit." He explained and Y/N's parents nodded and left the room. Once they did they called their sons and Y/N's friends to let them know Y/N is awake. Mrs. Park also called Nayeon. She might not approve of their relationship but Nayeon deserves to know.

Of course they all showed up at the hospital and they were all very happy to see Y/N awake but unfortunately she couldn't speak or move that much. She only smiled and nodded here and there. The doctors told them that Y/N will have to stay in the hospital for about two weeks until she's fully recovered.

The next day  Y/N finally started to speak. Until now they didn't bring up the accident because she can't respond anyways but now they can.

"Do you remember everything that happened?" Her mother asked.

"I do. I'm glad everyone is okay but I couldn't see Minji sunbaenim and Sua sunbaenim since I woke up. Are they okay?" Minji and Sua haven't visited her since she woke up.

"They're okay, everyone is okay. You're the only one that got hurt." Jaehyun said. Right now her family members are the only ones that are with her.

"Where's Nayeon? I want to see her."

"She's probably working right now otherwise she would be here. She's here all day except for when she has to work." Yuri replied.

"Don't you ever risk your life again for someone else's life okay?" Mrs. Park caressed her arm. "We were so worried that something was going to happen to you. Thank God for saving you. I don't know what I would have done if something happened to you."

"I'm here now, well and alive. That's all that matters right?" Y/N smiled weakly and held her mother's hand. She talked for some time with her family members until the doctor told them that they should let her rest.

While she was resting, someone knocked on the door and Nayeon entered. 

"Y/N-ah..." Nayeon approached her with a smile on her face. "I hope you can talk to me today. You were too weak to do so yesterday."

"I can talk to some extent." Y/N smiled at her and Nayeon sat down next to the bed.

"Do you know how crazy worried I was? Please don't do this again. I felt like I was dying myself seeing you like that." Nayeon held her hand.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry any of you and it all just happened so fast. I didn't have time to think about it. It all happened in like two seconds. Before I knew it, I was on the floor bleeding in pain."

"I'm glad you survived." Nayeon caressed Y/N's head before kissing her forehead. "You need to recover well, okay? I don't like seeing you this weak. Listen to the doctors and rest well so I can see the strong Y/N again soon."

"Yeah, don't worry. I will recover well. They told me I need to stay here for two weeks. I hate hospitals and I feel good enough to go home but they won't let me."

"Y/N-ah... Just stay here and focus on recovering okay?"

"it's just boring here. What am I going to do all day in bed?" Y/N sighed.

"You won't be bored. I will visit you as much as I can and so will your family and friends. Just look at how many people have visited you since yesterday. You are clearly loved by many."

"Yeah, I'm happy about that. I have many people I can rely on." Y/N nodded to herself and saw how Nayeon's expression changed and she looked down.

"I know that you're mad at me. Let it all out." The cop said.

"I'm not mad at you." Nayeon shook her head. "Just focus on recovering right now. We will talk about everything later. You're too weak to have this conversation."

"I can tell from your expression that we need to talk about this right now. I know that you've been having a hard time since what happened. Mom told me how you attacked Minji and blamed her."

"She couldn't even wait to badmouth me huh?" The older woman chuckled.

"She didn't badmouth you. She just told me what happened. Is it true that you attacked her?"

"I did. I slammed her against the wall and slapped her. Do you have a problem with that?" Nayeon asked harshly.

"You blamed her for me ending up here?"

"Yeah... I mean you're here because you wanted to protect her."

"Yes, I am. But believe me if it was Jihyo unnie, or Mingyu oppa I would have done the same thing. But I get that you're mad. If you did the same thing for your ex then I would be mad as well. I know what this looks like but I promise it's not like that. I didn't protect her because she's my ex, I protected her because she's someone I care about just like everyone else in my family and my friends."

"I don't like that she's near you so much." The older woman revealed. "I hate how your family and friends keep comparing her to me. I hate how everyone in your surroundings thinks I'm not good for you. I hate how everyone would rather have you be with her then with me."

"Didn't we promise each other to not care about what other people say? I love you and I will fight for you no matter what. I don't care what they say." Y/N held her lover's hand.

"I could ignore it until now because I trusted you but I have trouble ignoring it now." 

"What do you mean? You don't trust me anymore?" Y/N wouldn't blame her if she doesn't. After all she knows she's at fault for saving her ex girlfriend. She would be mad as well in a situation like this.

"I do trust you but... something tells me you still care about her too much. I mean it's not the first time you saved her. You saved her from Yoohyeon and got extremely mad at her and now you literally risked your life for her."

"I know." Y/N nodded. "I understand that it bothers you so I will distance myself from her. I can't ask them to transfer me but I will ask for them to not make me work with the drugs department anymore. That way I will see her less and I hope I can lessen your concerns that way. I would hate for you to get worried everytime I'm at work because I have to work with her."

"Thank you. It already means a lot that you're willing to do that."

"I will do whatever I need to do to show you that you're the one that I love. If it means not working with the drugs team then I'll gladly do it." Y/N smiled weakly and caressed Nayeon's cheek. "I love you."

"I love you, Park Y/N." Nayeon smiled.

--------------------------------------

The next day Minji decided to go and visit Y/N. It's been two days since Y/N woke up and she badly wanted to see her but she had to remind herself that she isn't someone special in Y/N's life anymore. She can't just go to the hospital and be the first one to visit her when she has family members and a girlfriend taking care of her so she decided to come and visit her afterwards.

When she arrived Y/N's parents were there and they were happy to see her. They let her in in Y/N's room and when she got inside, Y/N looked at her and smiled.

"I see you've finally woken up." Minji smiled weakly and approached her.

"You're seeing that right." Y/N nodded lightly and Minji sat down next to her. 

"I'm glad you're okay. I was so worried about you."

"I know. I'm sorry for making you worry. And I know you're going to scold me so go ahead." Y/N chuckled.

"It's not funny Y/N. Don't you ever do that again. Don't risk your life for me ever again. I was the one supposed to get shot not you. Do you realise how guilty I feel? Do you realise what would have happened to me if something bad had happened to you? I would rather die than having something bad happen to you because of me. For days I wished that you didn't jump in front of me and that I got shot instead."

"I survived, didn't I? That's all that matters. Stop blaming yourself."

"How can I not when you're laying in a hospital bed? How can I not when you only had a 40% chance of surviving? And that all because of me." Minji looked down.

"I did it by instinct. I didn't have any time to think about it, it just happened before I knew it. My body reacted faster than my mind did and before I knew it I was in front of you bleeding. I don't regret jumping in front of you and getting shot instead because I know you would have done the same thing for me. Wouldn't you?"

"I would." The older woman said looking at her. 

"Then don't be too hard on me or yourself. We both would have done the same thing. Just be happy that both of us survived. Maybe if you had gotten shot, you wouldn't have survived but I did and that's all that matters." Y/N told her and Minji suddenly started to cry.

"Hey... why are you crying?" Y/N held her hand. "What's wrong?"

"I just... I don't know. I'm feeling overwhelmed."

"I get that. I'm feeling weird too." 

"It means a lot to me that you did this for me and I will never forget the way you care about me even if fifty years pass by. I will always remember you as the person that saved my life." Minji wiped her tears. "And just know that whenever your life is in danger again, I will be there to do anything I can to save you."

"No, no." Y/N shook her head. "If my life is in danger then stay out of it. Don't risk your life for mine because I did it for you. You don't have to."

"I don't have to but I will. Just like how it was an instinct for you, it will be for me as well. You saved my life, Y/N. There's no way to pay you back for this."

"You don't have to pay me back for anything but I guess I won't be able to change your mind so the only thing I can do is stay out of danger." Y/N nodded to herself.

"You better do stay out of danger. There are many people that care about you. Don't leave them."

"I won't. I will be here for a long time." Y/N smiled weakly. "I'm sorry for Nayeon by the way. I heard she attacked you that day and blamed you. I bet it only made you feel more guilty."

"It's okay, she was right to attack me. I would have also been mad if I were in her place."

"Yeah about that..." Y/N started. "I think it's best if I don't work with the drugs department anymore. Since you've become the team leader I have to see you regularly and Nayeon isn't very fond of that. She already felt insecure about me being near you but after this situation it will only get worse. I love her and I want her to fully trust me and be comfortable with me having to work with you at the same station."

"Don't worry. You can keep working with the dugs department because I won't be there anymore." Minji shook her head.

"Wait... what do you mean you won't be there anymore?" The younger woman furrowed her eyebrows.

"When you were unconscious Kangmin sunbaenim made me an offer to transfer to the Itaewon station as the team leader of the drugs department there and I accepted. I will transfer next week."

"But why? You love working at the Gangnam station, why would you transfer? Is it because of me? You don't have to transfer. Just keeping our distance is enough." Y/N is pretty shocked so she tried to pull herself up a bit but failed due to the pain in her stomach which was clear in the facial expression that she made.

"Yah, sit still." Minji helped her to get back in the right position. "Don't move. You're still too weak to do so."

"Don't transfer because of me." Y/N said with sad eyes. She knows how much Minji loves working here so she does feel sad that she's going to transfer.

"I'm not transferring because of you, Y/N. I have higher chances of getting promoted there and I just want to do something else for once. My decision has nothing to do with you and Nayeon but it will be good for you as well since you won't have to see me anymore. I agree on us having to keep our distance and this is a good way to do so. After this it's best if we don't see each other again for your relationship's sake." Minji did lie partly about this. Ever since she realised that she still has feelings for Y/N, she badly wants to distance herself from her. She can't keep being around Y/N when she has someone else now. And she surely cannot stand in the way of Y/N and Nayeon's happiness. 

"Will I really never see you again?" 

"I might visit the station once in a while but other than that our roads will probably not cross." Minji nodded and looked at Y/N. "Don't look at me like that. You know this is the right thing to do. I should have done this a long time ago. I need a new beginning and you need to focus on your own relationship."

"You're right." Y/N sighed. "So I'm guessing you won't be visiting me anymore after this?"

"It's best if I don't. I had a talk with Nayeon and she seems to be really concerned about us. Let's not add up to her concerns and lessen them instead."

"You're really a great person, you know that right? Thank you for being understanding." Y/N smiled. She knew Minji was not going to be mad when Y/N asked her to take their distance.

"As long as you're happy." Minji also smiled. "I think that's my cue to go now." She stood up. "I know we just agreed to not meet again but if you ever do need me don't hesitate to contact me."

"Same goes for you. Whatever it is, when you need me, you know you can always rely on me." Y/N told her. She has a very weird feeling right now. It's like they are saying goodbye to each other and won't ever see each other again...

"Bye, Y/N." Minji caressed Y/N's arm and left the room. Once she did, she saw Nayeon standing there and she immediately knew that she has been listening to their conversation.

"I'm guessing you know that I will be transferring?" Minji raised her eyebrows and Nayeon nodded indicating that she did indeed listen to their conversation. "I hope you won't worry about me so much anymore. I'm officially walking out of her life. She won't see me anymore."

"I do feel relieved about that, yes."

"I had a feeling you would. She really loves you, don't take it for granted and treat her well. She's a good person, she deserves to get treated well."

"I will, don't worry."

"Goodbye, Nayeon-ssi." Minji nodded and left. 

After Minji left, Nayeon went into Y/N's room with a huge smile on her face. She approached Y/N and suddenly crashed her lips onto Y/N's. She heard the entire conversation between Y/N and Minji. She's very glad that Minji is leaving but she's also happy that Y/N took the initiative to ask Minji to distance themselves from each other. From their conversation she could also tell that their relationship is really over. It seems like she doesn't have anything to worry about anymore.

"What was that for?" Y/N smiled when Nayeon pulled away from the kiss.

"Just wanted to do it." 

"You seem happy." Y/N laughed.

"I am. It's a good day today." Nayeon sat down next to her. Y/N knows Nayeon well enough to tell that Nayeon overheard her and Minji speaking.

"Did you see Minji sunbaenim on her way out?"

"Yeah, I did."

"So I'm guessing you heard that she's transferring?" Y/N raised her eyebrows.

"I did hear it, yes."

"That explains why you're so happy." Although Y/N is a bit sad that Minji is transferring, she's happy that Nayeon is happy. After all Nayeon's happiness is the one that matters.

"Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not exactly happy but more relieved you can say." 

"I understand. Don't worry." Y/N held her hand and played with her thumb.

"Now I just need to get on the good side of your family and friends and everything will be okay right?"

"Yeah." Y/N nodded. "With just a little bit effort from your side, I'm sure they will finally accept you as my girlfriend." It's all on how Nayeon deals with Y/N's family and friends now. Nayeon's family already accepts Y/N and Y/N made the effort to distance herself from Minji. Now it's Nayeon's turn. Once she gets on the good side of Y/N's family and friends, there won't be any problem anymore.

"And then we can live happily ever after." Nayeon smiled and pecked her lover's lips.

"Exactly." Y/N smiled as well once Nayeon pulled away.

------------------------------------

A/N: Do you think Y/N and Minji did the right thing? Do you think now that Minji is out of sight, Nayeon will finally start putting effort into their relationship? Comment down your thoughts and don't forget to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.9K 2K 29
"Will you be my girlfriend?" "Will you marry me? Will you be in my life forever? Will you be the wife of this hopeless girl?" Tzuyu is a fan of TWIC...
994 71 10
The story about Park Seo-joon and Park Min-young having three sons (Da-hyun, Chae-young and Tzu-yu). They also have a married daughter(Na-yeon). Seo...
3.4K 259 38
This story is about bestfriends from their childhood school but one of them fall in love So who in love with who ? Which one should they choose LOV...
8.6K 378 13
Tzuyu was a mafia leader who work with her team mates Jeongyeon , Momo ,Mina and Dahyun . Who lover her girlfriend Jihyo lot but 2 years ago due to...