Archons of the Elite

By Anomaly8187

Waking together on a bus the archons of anemo, geo and electro find themselves in a world not of their own. W... More

Character summary
A new World
The bus
Please be a dream!
Bards can be troublesome
The aftermath
An archons ambition
Revelations
Tears of a bard
S.S- Games night
Vol.2: Prologue
Vol.2: Reuniting with a stranger
Vol.2: A scene forged in anguish
Vol.2: Consequences
Vol.2: S.S Voices
Vol.2: Forging bonds
Vol.2: Shattered Pride
Vol.2: Broken memories
S.S Too much to drink
Vol.2: "I Focalors~"
S.S Gamers
Vol.3: Prologue
Vol.3: Befriending your insanity
Vol.3: The Sperenza
Vol.3: The calm before the storm
Vol.3: Significant scenery
Vol.3: False rewards
Vol.3: The meaning of freedom
Vol.3: The perfect counter
Vol.3: A gyaru's rollercoaster of emotions
S.S: To challenge lightning itself
Vol.3: The friend you barely know
Vol.3: As the pieces fell into place
S.S: Friends and Foes
Vol.4: The game begins

Vol.4: To challenge the gods

262 8 3
By Anomaly8187

Sakayanagi POV

-So? Where'd you want to go? It's a bad idea to keep me waiting y'know?- Her voice slipped into my mind, irritation spiking through me as it did.

The interest she had provided quite quickly leant into frustration as I spent more time around her.

A whole week with her as my only company was so draining...

"You need to be more polite, you neither hold power nor sway over me or anyone else Furina." The usually elegant or condescending tone long since lost to just telling her to be quiet.

If only that worked.

"And to answer you I'm going to see someone."

-Oh? Wait who is it?-

"Zhongli, it's time class A took initiative." A smile creeping onto my face.

-Why can't you just do this?- The question was one I would have asked myself merely a few months ago.

"Fufu, don't you understand? Zhongli is everything I represent and more. The hardest worker could never achieve the growth he's shown. He has a great understanding of people and is incredibly well liked by all of class A and B, not to mention he's the type who doesn't seem to lose such connections even in a challenge. I'd hazard to say he's even better than me in academics and other such fields." A strange amount of pride and warmth filled my voice, I really was happy to have someone on my level.

-Hm, yes he really is impressive isn't he. I recognise his name aswell but I don't quite know where from...-

"You mentioned a nation called 'Liyue' correct? Perhaps it's just similar naming styles to China? The two definitely remind me of eachother." Yes, he couldn't have been from her world otherwise he'd be in someone's head, unless he was controlling them fully but I doubt that's possible unless he's significantly different to Furina...

-Shame we weren't in the island exam y'know, I think it would have been fun.- A sigh escaped me as I wondered the same. Realistically I could have easily just managed the camp and information without leaving it, it's not like there weren't people who'd just stayed around if they were ill...

"It really was unfortunate to miss the very first special exam, so I agree on that front."

We talked offhandedly for a while, after the weeks together we'd grown to be reasonably close so the silence was filled easily, her personality changing a little as she grew invested in the conversation, softer tones coming to light every so often.

As we turned the corner to the main floor of the dorm building I caught the figure of Zhongli sitting in the corner, a cup of tea in his hand as he read.

"You didn't seem the type to read military books." My comment causing him to look up.

"I was curious I suppose, I wanted to know what kind of views people of your country had."

With that he closed the book and stood up, his cup placed to the side having just been emptied and a smile adorning his features.

Our soft footsteps were accompanied by the clicking of my cane as we spoke, his pace naturally matching my own.

"We should probably act after the next exam." His tone moving to an advisory one.

"Yes I agree, though why don't you suggest this one?" A thoughtful look crossing his face as I spoke.

"If we act now we have to focus on that, right now we're on the outskirts and I'd rather use this time to ensure our information on the other classes is correct. Especially with Venti and Ei but partially for class B, I have a bad feeling about Ichinose."

"You think she's holding back?"

"No," the slight shaking of his head making me look over in surprise. "I think she can't not hold back right now, her personality inhibits her and there's a chance crushing her class could change that."

I smirked slightly.

"And you think we'd lose?"

"Not us, but there's always a risk she'd team up with class D, and an alliance could be dangerous to us."

"You don't think there's a risk they'd choose class C?" I doubted it myself but he did know the leaders better.

"Ryuuen definitely wouldn't want that and Ei isn't the type either. Though a deal is plausible it's still unlikely to be long lasting."

I nodded slightly before glancing around, the conversation having distracted me from my surroundings.

"Here? You don't seem like the type to frequent cafés?"

"I'm not, but someone wanted to meet with you."

-Oh? Turns out you're busier than expected.-

A soft sigh left my mouth, I really don't mind this stuff but I didn't have any interest at the moment.

"Who is it?"

My question answered however as I caught sight of the brown hair in the corner, a bored expression lining his features.

-Ayanokouji?- The curious voice asked.

A moment of hesitation overcame me as she spoke, I hadn't described him had I? How did she recognise him?

A faint laugh being the only response I gained.

Before I could respond we'd arrived at the table of Ayanokouji, a slight sigh escaping him as we arrived.

"Just Sakayanagi makes it difficult to keep this low key, both leaders of class A is far worse."

"Maybe a crowded café was the problem." Zhongli's voice a little sarcastic as he spoke, though not mocking, an uncanny combination.

"Class C has been following my class, and frankly it's easier to just pick a loud location than constantly pay attention to them." The small nod I gave ending the topic.

"So? What do you want to talk about?"

Ayanokouji POV

I really wasn't interested in admitting to what I knew, but holding off gained me nothing.

And so I did something objectively very dangerous.

The fork I'd had from a slice of cake I'd eaten moved through the air like an arrow, the lilac haired girls eyes widening before it was caught by a gloved hand, what can only be described as a rage lighting behind his eyes at my actions, thankfully he was restrained enough to avoid immediately drawing attention.

"It's rude to strike at a maiden Ayanokouji." Sakayanagi muttered coldly, her voice barely containing her true feelings.

"And yet I was right. Glowing eyes don't exactly happen to be traits of young maidens." My expression falling back to one of boredom, I'd been hoping Sakayanagi herself was like Zhongli, but it seemed she was no different to me, well, mostly the same.

Sakayanagi however was struggling to respond for once, Zhongli, while still clearly furious looked towards her as she regained her previous appearance, the soft glow fading completely.

-Well that was stupid. As impressive as you are I doubt you'd ever survive Zhongli as an opponent.-

Ignoring the judgement I waited for her choice.

"...how?" She muttered, frustration bubbling within her.

"In theory what you have should be random, I'm not in too different of a scenario you see, but that alone is slightly odd don't you think? We know the impact the both of us could have, so for the two of us to be affected is uncanny."

Finally Zhongli spoke up, his voice far calmer under the new information, though likely not happy yet.

"I'd appreciate being let into secret the both of you seem to share. Arisu, I had a feeling something was wrong but it's clearly more important than I assumed, that makes it not only important as your friend, but as a leader, to be told." His tone one not one of force, but one that commanded truth.

"I wanted to enjoy an ordinary life at this school, but recent information has come to light that proves to be more valuable to me." For a moment I paused before leaning forwards and speaking up. "From the end of this exam I will have entered class B. And I will declare war on the other classes, Morax, Sakayanagi, Focalors. I intend to give everything, so don't even think of holding back."

Silence held the table hostage, Sakayanagi, who'd been grinning up until the second to last sentence had her eyes fixed on me in confusion before a smirk formed, Zhongli's gaze turning to one of acceptance.

"How did you find out? I know you're close with Ei but I can't imagine she'd tell you, so I assume whatever seems to have happened between the hydro archon and Arisu here is similar in your scenario?"

With that I looked towards him, my eyes locking with perhaps the only person able to challenge me completely.

"Who knows, but I can guarantee that with or without them I won't lose easily, so prepare."

A soft sigh of irritation left my mouth, had that been to confident? I needed to ensure they'd actually put their all into this but it's still a pain.

And to reach class B in such a short time, those twenty million points would be a difficult...

With that I pulled out my phone and dialed a number, the soft ringing was shortly ended as the line connected, a voice speaking with slight curiosity.

"Ayanokouji, why are you calling me?" The calm tone of Horikita's older brother moving through the speakers.

"What would it take to get twenty million points from you?"

I decided to be straight forward, his pause lasting a few seconds before he responded.

"What can you offer?"

And so for the second time today I crushed any chance of a peaceful life as I spoke.

"I will join the student council and crush vice president Nagumo."

_______________________________________

Hey! Sorry I've taken so long to upload but hopefully this chapter is a good start for volume 4, I want to actually move the plot away from the base story of classroom of the elite and it was really awkward to do so gradually.

I have three pretty important things to mention, first is that characters are doing things behind the scenes, so don't be completely thrown off if characters like Ayanokouji and Manabu know each other or at least know of eachother despite Sudo's case not existing and Ayanokouji not following Horikita that night due to being with Kushida.

Second is that while Ayanokouji will be forced to try after the Zodiac exam I won't make him excessively ooc, and while I appreciate he wouldn't normally challenge people I do think he would if he believed he could truly lose and prove the white room wrong.

And third since I've only seen the anime and the scene with Hirata proved it isn't an entirely faithful adaptation please mention if I miss any major things.

Either way I hope you'll enjoy this volume and I'll see you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40K 1.2K 7
This fic is simply about the characters from the original story COTE responding to Kiraishin's fic titled "Classroom of the Elite: The Unfamiliar Fam...
436K 13.1K 87
Ayanokouji manages to escape from the white room through the help of his butler and government officials who are currently investigating the existenc...
14.7K 558 4
Yep, this is a reaction to my own fic "Ayanokoji X Himeno". And why not? In any case, it's unlikely to be interesting or anything like that. I'm only...
7.1K 310 7
I think it's pretty self-explanatory, but regardless of that, I will say a few things. Disclaimer: This will be slightly different from what you migh...