Dum Spiro Spero

Από Pr0ngsandPads

Dum Spiro Spero- Latin for While I Breathe, I Hope 12 years, that's how long it has been since Evalyn last se... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue

Chapter 34

50 0 0
Από Pr0ngsandPads

"It's too dangerous for you to marry me!"

"You haven't had an issue being with me this far! I don't care about the fact that you are a werewolf!"

"I could hurt you! Why can't you see I'm trying to protect you!"

"I am a grown adult Remus! I don't need your protection!"

The shouting match had taken place right at Grimmauld Place. Evalyn and Sirius gave Remus a disapproving look from the sidelines.

"I'm sorry but the answer is no!" Tonks stormed outside leaving a guilt ridden Remus behind.

Evalyn turned to Sirius, "Talk to him, you know him best. Knock some sense into him." She left the room to follow after Tonks.

Sirius strolled over to Remus and put a hand on his shoulder. "That was messed up mate."

"I don't want to hear it." Remus scowled and ran a hand over his face. "I'm only doing what's best."

"I thought you were supposed to be the smart one Moony. When will you realize that you are surrounded by people who don't care about your monthly issue?"

"I can't give her the life she deserves Padfoot. I have no money, I turn into a monster once a month. I can't hold a job."

Sirius thought over Remus' words. "I was practically a child when I married Lynnie. Everyone was basically in hiding. Sure my Uncle left me some money, but Lynnie didn't care about that. She was able to look past my family name, my past. She dealt with my anger issues and my drinking. Merlin knows I was a handful. If you have someone who is willing to look past your flaws and still love you, why would you want to lose that? We are in the middle of a war Moony, love her while you have the chance. I had 12 years wasted in Azkaban, when I could have spent them with her. You never know when the happiness could be ripped from you."

Remus sighed "Who would have thought Sirius Black could be so wise when it came to love?"

The grey eyed man smirked, "I always have been Moony, nobody wanted to listen to me though."

"Well your advice was rubbish back then."

"I found the best woman I could ever ask for! I think that counts for something!" He laughed and nudged his friend. "Go get your girl before I beat your arse for hurting my cousin."

When Remus went outside, Evalyn made her way back to her husband. "I'm assuming it went well?"

"Of course it did, you're talking to the love master." He puffed out his chest and threw his arm around her shoulders.

Evalyn scoffed and smiled up at him. "You're so full of yourself."

He leaned towards her ear and whispered lowly, "You could be full of me if you wanted." Her eyes widened and she turned a bright red color. She turned and slapped his chest lightly.

"That's enough Sirius, we have guests over."

He simply shrugged and winked at her. "Okay, but that hasn't stopped us before love." Sirius laughed as Evalyn hid her face into his chest to hide her embarrassment.

It was around March when Harry came into Evalyn's office. He had just gotten back from Dumbledore's office where he just watched some more memories of Tom Riddle. "You've met Tom before right?"

Evalyn, who was organizing papers on her desk paused and then turned to Harry. "Tom who?"

He picked up a treacle tart and started snacking on it. "Riddle, obviously." The boy rolled his eyes as he pulled out his assignments.

Evalyn sighed, "Yes, he's not the most pleasant of company, as I'm sure you already know." She sat on a chair near him and started eating her own snacks. With her wand, she summoned two goblets and filled them both with water.

"Did you know that he cursed the DADA position?" Harry spoke as if it was just regular gossip. As if it weren't the most feared wizard he were talking about.

Evalyn furrowed her brows, "What do you mean Harry?"

His quill scraped against parchment as he wrote an essay. A book was laid out open as he glanced between its pages and the assignment. "Dumbledore showed me a memory. Tom asked about a job as the DADA professor, but Dumbledore rejected him. He was so mad he placed a curse on the position. That's why there's a new one every year." He couldn't see the look of fury on Evalyn's face. Immediately, she saw red as she thought about Remus being hired a few years ago.

"You mean to tell me the old bat knew that something was likely to happen to Remus when he hired him?!" Harry finally looked up at Evalyn, her tone catching him off guard. Her eyes were frantically flickering golden hues as she tried to contain her anger. The tips of her hair started smoking and she gripped her own quill with white knuckles. Her mind was racing with what could have happened to him. He could have died. Then her mind went to Snape, what could happen to him at the end of the term.

"Evie I need you to calm down, I didn't mean to make you upset, I'm sorry." Harry knelt in front of her to try to get her attention. The door opened, and in walked Theodore for his weekly stash of brownies. His eyes locked onto Harry's panicked expression and then he looked over to Evalyn who now had fire coming out of her fingertips as she gripped her hair. He immediately ran out of the room.

Only two minutes later, he returned with Snape. The professor saw Harry still trying to speak to Evalyn. He was worried about what could have caused her to go into this shock. He was also slightly afraid of what she could do as she approached him, but he didn't show it. "Move Potter." The teen scrambled backwards just as Snape muttered Aguamenti. A stream of water doused Evalyn, bringing her back to reality. Her heart raced as she looked at the three males, each with different expressions. Harry looked startled, but not scared. Snape looked indifferent. And Theo looked at her as if she were the most interesting being on the planet.

"That was wicked." He whispered, impressed by her powers. Harry bit back a snicker at the Slytherin's amazement.

Evalyn looked to the ground, embarrassed, "Sorry lads, just heard some concerning news is all. I might need to have a chat with Dumbledore." She looked to Snape, hoping he picked up on the silent message that he should come to.

Theo threw up some finger guns as he walked backwards to the door. "Anytime Mrs Evalyn, I'll be back tomorrow for those snacks." Snape raised an eyebrow at her in question and she just shrugged.

"Potter, get back to your common room. I'll take Evalyn to the headmaster." Harry looked to her for confirmation. He wasn't going to leave her if she didn't want him to.

"I'll be fine Harry, I'll see you afterwards just so you know I'm okay." She gave him a smile. Feeling alright with her answer, he scurried off to tell the other two.

The two adults were making their way to the headmaster's office. Snape looked down at her, "Are you going to tell me what that was all about?"

She muttered the password to the office, not saying anything else. Once they made their way inside, it was like Dumbledore was already prepared for her arrival. He leaned upon his desk, hiding one of his hands in the sleeve of his robe. "Were you aware of the consequences that could have occurred?" She spoke with a quiet rage. Snape looked between the two in question.

"I had an assumption of what happened in regard to the position Mrs. Black, but I could not foresee any consequences. I dare say that year has benefited you and Mr. Lupin greatly."

Evalyn scoffed, "But you risked his life! For what reason?"

"It seemed like the right thing to do at the time, considering the news about your husband. I couldn't risk offering it to you. I offered a former student a job, need I remind you he is the one who resigned?" Dumbledore didn't move from his position, but both Snape and Evalyn stilled from his words. Severus knew more than anyone how manipulative the headmaster could be in regard to winning the war. It was for the greater good is what people were told and they bought it.

"You couldn't risk my life.. but you could risk his? Does Severus know what the DADA position entails?" She looked up at Snape with sad eyes, which he ignored.

"Severus is aware of the patterns of our previous professors if that is what you are asking. I took proper precautions when it came to Remus' position. If he was at risk of getting hurt physically, I would have helped." The old wizard shifted, forgetting his attempts of hiding his hand. Evalyn caught a glimpse before he readjusted it to hide it from her view again. The skin looked dead, it was completely grey and withered. "Trust me Evalyn, under my watch, nobody shall be brutally injured at Hogwarts."

Evalyn just gave him a nod before storming out, Snape quick on her heels. "Evalyn a word?" She whipped her head around and caught a glance of something vulnerable in his facial expression. They turned their direction back to his office where she shut the door and silenced the room. His dark eyes seemed to plead with her. "I need you to stop sticking your nose in everyone's business."

Her jaw dropped open, "I'm not doing this to be reckless Severus. The people I care about are getting hurt because of this war. Both sides are acting despicable to try and win. I just want them safe."

"You can't keep them safe if you are dead Evalyn." He growled out, they haven't had the best relationship over the years, but he would call her his friend. His only real friend.

"You might get hurt Severus and he knows that! The position is cursed! He put Remus at risk and did you hear him? He couldn't risk my life!" She paced back and forth. "I feel like I'm failing at keeping the ones I love from harm. Harry is just a child." Evalyn slumped down into a seat and put her head in her hands.

Snape sat down beside her. "You're acting too much like a Gryffindor Evalyn. I know the risks of the position, this is what I want to do and if I only have a year to do it then so be it. Just listen to me for once. Keep to yourself. Trust only those you consider your family."

"I will try Severus, but I make no promises."

"Merlin you might be worse than your husband."

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

754K 21.8K 33
For the first time in his life, Remus J. Lupin can't seem to get into a good book. Why? Because everytime his eyes go down to the pages, he finds him...
115K 3.5K 35
𝗰𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘁 - it's only a week into his sixth year and sirius black is already bored out of his mind; so when he catches one of his classmates li...
624K 26.3K 61
"You aren't a dog. There was a dog there a second ago." "Bark?" "Okay, now I'm convinced." Alex Fawley's real best friend has always been her camera...
20.7K 636 12
What if Sirius Black runs away but forgets about his brother, Regulus? What if him running away makes Regulus distance himself from him? What if in J...