Becoming a Maximoff

By Just_writing_a_bit

Book 3 in the Maximoff series. If you haven't read either of the books before, please do so. There is a short... More

Chapter 1: Hamilton, Scotland
Chapter 2: Cooking date
Chapter 3: Sunset
Chapter 4: What's your power again?
Chapter 5: 15 years later
Chapter 6: Soft*
Chapter 7: Visit
Chapter 8: Graduation
Chapter 9: 1 year anniversary
Chapter 10: Revelations and Rain
Chapter 11: Intimate Moments
Chapter 12: Finally 18
Chapter 13: Top Golf
Chapter 14: The job and a phone call
Chapter 15: Family bliss
Chapter 16: Where are you?
Chapter 17: What's going on?
Chapter 18: Who are you?
Chapter 19: Where to go?
Chapter 20: A short journey
Chapter 21: Into the base
Chapter 22: Vents have ears
Chapter 23: Stone
Chapter 24: Why?
Chapter 25: Find Wanda
Chapter 26: Remember me
Chapter 27: Against the rest
Chapter 28: What now?
Chapter 29: What was that?
Chapter 30: Everything could change
Chapter 31: Bliss
Chapter 32: All along
Chapter 33: Attack
Chapter 34: Reunion
Chapter 35: Catching up
Chapter 37: Talking strategy
Chapter 38: Old room
Chapter 39: On the jet
Chapter 40: Wakanda
Chapter 41: Earthquake?
Chapter 42: Removal
Chapter 43: Forest
Chapter 44: Snap
Chapter 45: Half the population
Chapter 46: 5 years
Chapter 47: What do you know about quantum physics?
Chapter 48: Vormir
Chapter 49: 3 seconds
Chapter 50: Morgan
Chapter 51: We won
Chapter 52: The past
Chapter 53: It's not your fault
Chapter 54: Memorial
Chapter 55: 1 year
Chapter 56: Wedding day

Chapter 36: Back at the compound

183 16 5
By Just_writing_a_bit

Pov y/n

When I wake up, I'm pretty much laying on top of Wanda. Looks like we both moved in our sleep. Both her arms are securely wrapped around me and I yawn and nuzzle my head back into her neck.

"We're landing in about five minutes." I hear Steve say and huff a little because that means that Wanda and I have to get up. I hoist myself up a little and place a few kisses around Wanda's face. She starts to smile, which makes me smile as well.

"Wake up, daisy. We're landing soon." I whisper and press a soft kiss to the shell of her ear. She hums and her eyes open.

"Good morning, beautiful." I greet her and she scrunches up her nose a little which is the most adorable thing ever.

"Good morning, pretty girl." She replies, her accent thick and I get little chills.

I sit back, ignoring the stinging this causes in my leg and smile at her. Wanda sits up as well and brushes her hair out of her face with one hand.
I carefully get off her after watching her for a few more seconds. Wanda stretches a little before she sits up right as well and the sofa underneath us morphs back into the usual seats.
Her magic really is practical sometimes.

We buckle up and a few seconds later, the jet lands. Mom runs around the jet a little, grabbing things that she'll take off board with us. Sam and Steve get up from their seats and I see that as my sign to get up as well. Wanda instantly is by my side and supports me since I am still injured. I almost forgot that I have a stone in my chest but when I move, I am remembered of it and let out a frustrated noise.

"It's good to see you two again." Sam says, supporting my other side and I give him a little smile.

"It's good to see you too." I reply and he nods. We talk a little further about what he did and he tells us that he did get imprisoned but Tony freed them and I am surprised to hear that.

"Speaking of, where is Tony?" I ask as we enter the compound. It is really weird to be back here. The last time I was here, I still called it my home. Now it isn't anymore.

"We don't really know. He was in New York, when aliens attacked the city but after that we didn't see him." Sam answers and I hum.

It doesn't sound like Tony to just disappear and especially not to leave the compound after he was so proud to present it. So, whatever caused his missing, it sure isn't something small.

We walk further through the compound and towards one of the meeting rooms. I hear voices coming from there and freeze when I recognize one in particular, secretary Ross.

Even with Steve and Mom around, I don't want to meet Ross, worried he's gonna come for us and put us into cells. Wanda stops as well and even though Sam seems like he would've continued to walk, he stops with us as he is still helping to hold me up.
I hear Mom and Steve talking to Ross and share a glance with Wanda.

Her eyes show the same worry as mine and I nibble at my bottom lip, waiting for anything to happen.
Her hold on me gets slightly tighter as if she was worried that someone's gonna come and take me away. But I can't judge her for that as I am worried about that as well. I grasp the fabric of her shirt, not ready to let her go.

For a few more minutes, I hear Mom and Steve talk to Ross before he suddenly doesn't answer anymore.

"You can come in now." Steve calls and Wanda hesitantly starts to move. I follow along and when we enter the room, there is no sight of Ross. Where did he go so quickly?

Who I do see is Rhodey. He's sitting in a wheelchair and I wonder what happened to him and if it's related to the fight at the airport or something completely different.

"We should talk about how we continue...this." Steve says, gesturing around the room and I nod.

"But let's not do that in here. These rooms always make me feel uneasy." He suggests and I am a little surprised by that but nod.
The meetings in here are barely ever concerning something good, so I get that.

We take the elevator upwards and there's a weird silence between all of us for a while. We might have been on the same team when we last saw each other but so much has changed since then. Wanda and I have moved on, started a life in Scotland and don't depend on the Avengers anymore.

Steve also looks like he had a tough time and so does Sam. I guess, none of us had it easy while being on the run from the government.

And Mom...well, the last time I saw her, she was fighting against me, in more than one way and I haven't quite forgiven her for some of the things she did.
But at the same time, she is still my mother that I haven't seen in over half a year and she missed a few milestones on my way of growing up.
We might had that talk back in the jet but that barely covered what happened in the past half year. The only things I know about her, I heard from Yelena.
Speaking of, I wonder if she will be included in this too or if this is like an 'Avengers'-thing.

We make it to the kitchen with the small living area next to it. It's familiar and foreign at the same time, which is a very weird feeling. This used to be my home. I made many good memories here but also some bad ones.

As we approach the small couch, I look down to see that Tony fixed the floor. When we left, Wanda had just blown a hole into here and if you look closely, you can see that the floor is different at that spot. She seems to remember that too as her eyes look down before they dart around.

We sit down on the couch and I get into a comfortable position, looking up at the other three while Wanda positions herself next to me.

"I see you arrived back safely." I hear a monotone voice and instantly grab Wanda's hand.

My eyes look over to the door that leads to the living room. Vision enters the room. He doesn't look good. Not in a not attractive way, he never looked good in that way to me.
But he doesn't look good physically. His steps seem heavy and he clutches his stomach a little. Looks like we weren't the only ones getting a visit from aliens.

Wanda's thumb calmingly brushes over my knuckles but I don't stop glaring at Vision. I hate him. Not just because he showed interest in Wanda, yes I am jealous because a toaster likes my girlfriend, fiancée I mean, but also because of the way he treated us when we were locked in here.

"Y/n, Wanda." He greets us with a nod and his eyes rest a second to long on Wanda, for my taste.

"We're engaged now." I reply coldly and hear Wanda silently snicker next to me before kissing my cheek. Vision seems a little surprised by my words and just looks at me for a few seconds.

"Congratulations." He then says and walks past us to sit onto an armchair. I also feel Sam's eyes on us and turn my head. He smiles softly.

"Congrats." He says, sounding genuine and I smile at him in thanks. Looks like he didn't hear that part while we were on the jet.

"That really is great but could be discuss the problem right now?" Steve asks and I send him a glare.

I feel like my engagement is equally as important but I guess that's just mine and probably Wanda's opinion. I nod and lean back against the backrest of the couch.

"A few days ago, aliens attacked New York because they were looking for Dr. Stephen Strange. He owns one of the six infinity stones. It looks like the aliens took him to get the stone from him. All we know about Stark is, that he was involved in the fight and hasn't been seen ever since. Which leads us to the assumption, that he may be with Strange. We can't really do much about that right now though because none of us really have any idea about being in space. And we also have something more important to do." Steve explains and points at Vision and me.

I raise an eyebrow. If I didn't know any better, I would protest to be in any way connected to Vision but I know this is about the infinity stones and we both seem to have one within us. It makes me wonder how that Stephen Strange guy got his stone and if it works similar to the one that I have.

"Those aliens want the infinity stones. We aren't sure for what exactly but we know it can't be something good. What we do know is, that they are really strong and someone who would own multiple stones...lets just say there isn't much we could do against someone like that." Steve continues and I nod slowly.

When the stone I have is already so powerful and I've seen what Wanda and Vision can do, I don't want to imagine how much power all of them together hold.

"How do we solve this problem?" Wanda asks and lets go of my hand to get up and pace around a little. I let her do so, knowing that she needs to move in situations like these.

"That is what we are here to discuss. Any ideas?" Mom asks and leans against the chair Vision is sitting in. 

A/n: Any guesses?

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 1.1K 28
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters in this story other than Indiana and Wesley. Spoiler warning for the following movies: "Avengers: Age O...
45.5K 1.6K 48
21 year old Y/n just moved across the street from the Maximoffs. You are successful at a young age working for Stark Space Administration. Wanda is...
337K 9.2K 64
Y/n was kidnapped by Hydra and exposed to the mind stone, receiving powers nobody quite understood the extent of. After a year and a half under Hydr...
26.6K 803 55
Natasha Romanoff never thought about catching feelings towards the girl she didn't trusted the most. But one night changed everything. this story wi...