Becoming a Maximoff

By Just_writing_a_bit

Book 3 in the Maximoff series. If you haven't read either of the books before, please do so. There is a short... More

Chapter 1: Hamilton, Scotland
Chapter 2: Cooking date
Chapter 3: Sunset
Chapter 4: What's your power again?
Chapter 5: 15 years later
Chapter 6: Soft*
Chapter 7: Visit
Chapter 8: Graduation
Chapter 9: 1 year anniversary
Chapter 10: Revelations and Rain
Chapter 11: Intimate Moments
Chapter 12: Finally 18
Chapter 13: Top Golf
Chapter 14: The job and a phone call
Chapter 15: Family bliss
Chapter 16: Where are you?
Chapter 17: What's going on?
Chapter 18: Who are you?
Chapter 19: Where to go?
Chapter 20: A short journey
Chapter 21: Into the base
Chapter 22: Vents have ears
Chapter 23: Stone
Chapter 24: Why?
Chapter 25: Find Wanda
Chapter 26: Remember me
Chapter 27: Against the rest
Chapter 28: What now?
Chapter 29: What was that?
Chapter 30: Everything could change
Chapter 31: Bliss
Chapter 32: All along
Chapter 33: Attack
Chapter 34: Reunion
Chapter 36: Back at the compound
Chapter 37: Talking strategy
Chapter 38: Old room
Chapter 39: On the jet
Chapter 40: Wakanda
Chapter 41: Earthquake?
Chapter 42: Removal
Chapter 43: Forest
Chapter 44: Snap
Chapter 45: Half the population
Chapter 46: 5 years
Chapter 47: What do you know about quantum physics?
Chapter 48: Vormir
Chapter 49: 3 seconds
Chapter 50: Morgan
Chapter 51: We won
Chapter 52: The past
Chapter 53: It's not your fault
Chapter 54: Memorial
Chapter 55: 1 year

Chapter 35: Catching up

188 18 8
By Just_writing_a_bit

Pov y/n

Mom sits down opposite of us, looking at us while I take Wanda's hand in mine, intertwining our fingers. Steve gets up from one of the pilot seats, leaning against the wall and looks at us a little firmly.

"I told you to stay close and check in." He reminds us and I think back about the letter he sent us when we were still in London.

"I didn't say go to Scotland and completely ignore us." He continues but I am too exhausted to talk to him now, so I only squeeze Wanda's hand, silently telling her that I'll support everything she replies.

"We're sorry but we didn't really have a choice when it came to going to Scotland. And about the not checking in...that's on us." She admits but doesn't sound like she regrets it and neither do I.

We had a mostly good time in Scotland. The fact that it ended with Wanda being kidnapped by Hydra isn't our fault. Besides, Cole told me himself that he already wanted to do that in the States, so. But it makes me think about something.

"What about our jobs in Scotland? And our apartment and all our things?" I ask and lift my head off Wanda's shoulder to look between Mom and Steve. Steve crosses his arms.

"We're going home right now." He simply states and I almost wanna roll my eyes at that reply, I gathered that.

"But if you want to have some of your stuff from Scotland, it surely can be arranged that they're sent over." He offers, his voice now a little softer.
"Your jobs on the other hand...we don't know how long this will take, so you might get fired for not showing up. But maybe they'll understand that it was more important to save the world."
Steve pushes himself off the wall and sits down next to Mom.

"We didn't agree to this. We didn't want to be dragged back into this." I protest weakly and glare at Steve. As glad I am that they just saved us, I am not ready to go back home and forget about the life Wanda and I started to build up.

"We are aware of this but the situation got worse and we need everyone back together and especially can't risk to lose anyone right now." Mom explains and looks between Wanda and me.

"We know, that you both declined to come back."
I look at Wanda and she looks at me. Seems like I'm not the only one who got a call.

"Just under the condition, that nothing will happen to y/n." Wanda says, raising her eyebrows and looking at Steve and Mom while letting go of my hand and putting her arm over my shoulder.

"And also not to Wanda." I add and lean back against her.

"You know how these things go, we can never promise that but we will try our best for everyone to stay unharmed." Steve says and I huff a little.

"I don't know how 'these things go' because I never really were on a mission or anything. Besides, that's not good enough. We just started making future plans and I don't want them to be ruined." I state and raise my chin a little while starting to play with Wanda's hand, or her engagement ring to be exact.

Ever since we got engaged, she reduced her numerous rings to one hand, the engagement ring being alone on her hand. Mom's eyes dart to my actions and for a few seconds I watch her eyes dart from Wanda's finger over to me, then to my finger and then to my face.

I'm usually not a ring person. Sometimes I wore them because they were great to fiddle with but not really often.
She seems to see the connection and her eyes light up, no matter the seriousness of the situation.

"Are you...?" She doesn't seem able to word it, seeming very stunned right now. If I hadn't seen her eyes noticing our rings before, I'd probably assume she thinks one of us is pregnant.

"We're engaged." I answer and her eyes grow bigger. Steve also seems very surprised and can't seem to find words to react to that.

"Wow." Mom says and looks between Wanda and me. I nod and glance up at Wanda, giving her a little smile.
Despite the current situation and the stone inside my chest, the thought of being engaged to Wanda still makes me very happy.

"Since when are you two engaged?" She asks and I look back to her.

There's a swirl of emotions in her eyes and it almost looks as if she is a little sad that she is only hearing about this now. But what did she expect?
We didn't talk for over half a year and didn't end on good terms.

"Not long. Two days, I think." Wanda answers for us, resting her head against mine.

Mom nods and gives us a little smile. It's a genuine one, even though I can tell that she wished she would have heard from it earlier and from me personally. But despite knowing that she switched sides after all, I didn't feel like contacting her because she still messed up big time.

For a few seconds, we're all silent and I kind of hope that I am finally able to rest but then Steve speaks up again. I swear, sometimes I think he forgets that not everyone is a super soldier and that normal people need to rest more than he does.

"Why did those aliens attack you?" He asks, his eyes darting between me and Wanda. I'm not sure if I want to tell him but if those things really want this stone so badly, it's probably better he knows too. Besides, Mom already knows as well and would eventually tell him.

"Because we have an infinity stone." I state and he leans forward, more than surprised by that answer.

"You- what?" He asks and if I wasn't so exhausted, I'd probably laugh at that reaction.

"It's currently melted into y/n's chest." Wanda explains further, which only seems to confuse Steve even more. He looks at my Mom for help.

"Due to the action of one of the aliens, the stone got stabbed into y/n's chest and can't be pulled out without causing her a lot of pain." She explains what she knows and Steve leans back, looking thoughtfully but still curious.

"Okay, we have to find a solution for that because it can't be healthy. But how did you even get into its possession in the first place?" He asks and I sigh a little. Can't he just drop it and let us go to sleep?

"We found it when Hydra took me." Wanda explains plainly, as if she just told them that we found it during a walk in the park.

"Hydra?" Mom questions and leans forward. I yawn and cuddle a little closer to Wanda.

"Turned out that y/n's father wasn't really related and just wanted to get close, so they could kidnap me. They wanted to do some experiments with the stone..." Wanda gestures around my upper body. "...on me. So, they tracked us down and kidnapped me. But luckily, Y/n managed to get into the base, stole the stone and freed me." Wanda tells them before moving her fingers and the seats underneath us morph into a comfortable sofa. It allows me to get more comfortable and Wanda holds me a little tighter in a protective way that makes me feel safe.

"That...you got out all on your own?" Mom asks, still seeming to process everything. I have to admit, a lot of things happened during the past couple of days. I just hum in response, feeling my eyelids getting heavy.

"And the guy that called wasn't really her father?" She asks, directed as Wanda because I probably look too tired to reply much.

"Yeah. He was the leader of all that. It was scary but we managed and with that stone, we had some extra powers in store." Wanda replies before kissing the top of my head.
It's impressive how quickly she can change between being all sweet and soft to me and talking all business with Mom and Steve.

"It's a little miracle that you two are still alive." Steve mutters to himself and I smile tiredly. It kind of is but it's good.

Mom starts to dab her chin in thought and leans back. Both seem to have enough to think about at the moment, so I allow myself to close my eyes and let the exhaustion take over my body. Wanda is still holding me close and with Steve, Sam and Mom around, I am very positive, that nothing can happen to me.

Just with Wanda alone I would feel this way because I know that she would always protect me at all costs, no matter if I have this stone's powers or not. I feel myself slipping more and more into a sleeping state and the last thing I hear and feel, are Wanda's lips softly kissing my temple and whispering: "Have a good rest and don't worry, I'll keep you safe, I have you."

Those seem to be the most calming words to me right now and with a small smile on my lips, I fall fully asleep. 

A/n: At least they are safe for now.

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 6.6K 62
As Wanda Maximoff tries to navigate a life without her brother she forms a bond with former enemy, Natasha Romanoff. The question is, will the bond b...
635K 19.2K 74
π™’π™π™šπ™§π™š 𝙩𝙬𝙀 π˜Όπ™«π™šπ™£π™œπ™šπ™§π™¨ 𝙨𝙩𝙧π™ͺπ™œπ™œπ™‘π™š, π™©π™π™§π™žπ™«π™š, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 π™œπ™§π™€π™¬ π™©π™€π™œπ™šπ™©π™π™šπ™§. [Wanda Maximoff x Reader] β€’ β€’ BOOK 1 ➀ Age of Ul...
74.1K 1.3K 36
This is book 1/7 After 7 years of working in Hydra. Wanda Maximoff has finally escaped with her bother Pietro Maximoff by her side. The Avengers took...
26.7K 947 13
*EDITING* This book is a fan-fiction about intersex You and Wanda Maximoff's love story. It's still a work in progress, so please be patient for the...