Dangerous Life Ahead

By Writer_Hiya

~ Dangerous Life Ahead ~ • Book 2 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY • Panchali Rathore, Ex- CEO of Rathore Industri... More

• D I S C L A I M E R •
1 : || Her Unusual Behaviour ||
2 : || The Atrocious Night ||
3 : || Will She Understand ? ||
4 : || Departure For Hastinapur ||
5. || Problems And Complications ||
6 : || Arrival In Hastinapur ||
7: || Miseries Of Life ||
8 : || Sudden Panic Attack ||
9 : || Post Wedding Rituals ||
10 : || Pehli Rasoi ||
11 : || Was it a Revenge? ||
12 : || Her Abnormal Behaviour ||
13 : || Misunderstanding and Rituals ||
14 : || Her Unusual Panick ||
15 : || Imprisonment After Dispute ||
16 : || Misunderstandings And Manipulation ||
17 : || Who's More Beautiful? ||
18 : || Bhanumati's Baby Shower ||
19 : || The Harsh Realities||
• F L O O R D E C O R •
20 : || Efforts To Mend ||
21 : || Panchali Gets Shifted ||
22 : || A Budding Mystery ||
23 : || Shakuni Is Banished ||
24 : || Bhanumati's Sudden Delivery ||
25 : || Her PTSD Syndrome ||
26 : || The Next Generation ||
27 : || The Naming Ceremony ||
28 : || Guests For Navratri||
29 : || Fragments of Entangled Relationships ||
30 : || Lesson For Love ||
31 : || Panchali Meets Subhadra ||
32 : || Her Unusual Approach ||
33 : || Understanding And Knowing ||
34 : || Hunt For Past ||
35 : || Trying To Manipulate ||
36 : || Their Slow Realization ||
37 : || Realization Of Love||
38 : || Will They Remarry?||
40 : || Sense Of Divinity||
41 : || Chasing Her Bygone||
42 : || Her Slow Acceptance ||
43 : || Yuvrani, A Mystery||
44 : || Some Different Perspectives ||
45 : || Dusshala's Unusual Demeanor ||
46 : || Their Surprise Plans ||
47 : || The Devil's Plan ||
48 : || Lavender Haze ||
49 : || Turn Of Events ||
50 : || Terror Of Night ||
51 : || Essence Of Lives ||
52 : || Healing Her ||
53 : || To Comprehend Them ||
54 : || Accepting Them Earnestly ||
55 : || Her Changing Personality ||
56 : || Her Genuine Assertion ||
57 : || Storms And Life ||
58 : || The Sudden Combat ||
59 : || Her Punctual Nature ||

39 : || Their Firm Resolution ||

473 59 51
By Writer_Hiya

"You seem to be lost, Sakhi." An excited chirping voice, flinched Panchali, in the otherwise silent study.

Raising her eyes, she met with the Supreme Lord, grinning mischievously. When did he come?

"As if you don't know, Govind." Panchali stated, shaking her head at his antics, and getting back to her files.

Krishna shrugged, taking a seat on the chair. "How will I know, Sakhi?"

Panchali raised her eyebrows at him, "Is anything kept well hidden from Narayan?"

In reply, she got a divine smile from the Lord of the Universe, which was capable of taking all the miseries of life.

"So, tell me, Sakhi... What happened that made you so lost that you still haven't realized that you're holding that file upside down." Shri Krishna, teased her, making her flustered in embarrassment.

Panchali sighed, keeping the file back on the table, "I don't know. There are lots of things that are bothering me lately."

"Hmm..." Krishna hummed, teasing, "Is it because of the great Pandu-putras?"

She frowned, asking, "Now, who are they?"

"What!? You forgot about Pandu-putras? How can you forget about your own husbands, Sakhi?" Krishna asked in a dramatic way.

"What? When did I say that I forgot my husbands? And why will I even forget them?" She asked, being baffled.

"Sakhi, Pandu-putras are the Pandavas, your five husbands, the sons of lt. Samrat Pandu." Krishna replied, with a mischievous smile.

"By the way, I did hear you say you won't forget your husbands, didn't I?" He added, asking teasingly.

Instead of blushing at the mention of husband like a sweet innocent wife, Panchali glared back at Krishna, who laughed out.

There, Pandavas get flustered into many shades of crimson at her mention, while Panchali remains stoic even at their presence.

"Are you done?" She asked, in a cold voice, glaring at her God-friend.

Krishna pressed his lips tightly, to stop his laughter, and nodded obediently.

"What's bothering you, Sakhi?" Krishna asked, smiling warmly at her.

"Everything Govind. My mind is filled with so many things at this point." Her face resembled how disturbed she felt.

"Every evening I spend time being caged inside my room, jotting down my memories. Every night, whenever I feel like taking some sleep, those nightmares come back haunting me." She spoke, her face showed tiredness.

Tired from the past she thought she left behind, but seemed like it didn't leave her for a moment.

"During these days, the sound of conch shells and bells reminds me of those days where I failed as a daughter." Panchali gulped, her eyes dropped to her joined palms resting over the table.

"I am tired, Govind... I can't take this anymore." She continued.

"Moreover, this year resembles the years back Dashami, that is arriving in four days along with my... Birthday..." Panchali muttered the last part, because she still dreaded that night.

Krishna smiled painfully, hearing his Sakhi's sorrowful confession.

Alas, only if he could do something.

Because even Narayan's hands were tied with an invisible rope of Destiny.

"You got another panic attack two nights ago." Krishna said, divulging the topic, which was successful as he watched Panchali sighing.

"Yes because I got another memory while sleeping." She said, nodding.

"But thanks to Yudhisthir, who worked on time. I didn't even require my inhaler or anxiety medicines to cool down. He also aided my bleeding foot." She added, reminiscing about the night.

"On a serious note, Sakhi. I would suggest you to stop taking those medicines. They are harmful for your health." Krishna advised, seriously.

"No Govind. I can't stop taking the medicines all of a sudden like this, after so many years of my dose." Panchali mentioned, frowning heavily.

Krishna sighed, knowing very well that he won't be able to stop her from taking those anxiety shots.

They were like drugs for her, which she thought that it was keeping her sane, while the medicines were only worsening her health.

He was only rest assured that his cousins got to know about her intake of those drugs, and was sure they would make her stop from harming herself more.

"Uh- Sakhi, during the breakfast, I came across my dear cousins. And by their looks, they seemed disturbed. Do you know the reason?" Krishna asked, behaving oblivious to everything.

He deliberately turned the topic of discussion.

In return, Panchali looked back at him being deadpanned, "Are you serious? Why will I know the reason for their gloominess?"

"And moreover you are the God, you should know more about them. Besides, they are also your cousins." She added, taking back her work file in her hands.

The Lord's lips tugged up into a mischievous teasing smile, "I saw them returning from this floor. So, I thought you would know."

Panchali raised her eyes, to see he was having a concerned expression. Fake, though.

"You know everything. And still now behaving like you don't." She stated, in a cold voice.

"Haww,  Sakhi, you wounded me... How can you accuse me so low?" Krishna questioned, in a dramatic way.

Panchali shook her head in disappointment at his drama.

"Uh- actually, I had a talk with them this morning. Like...I let them know about what I think of our relationship, and that I won't be able to fulfill any of the responsibilities as a wife and daughter-in-law...And kind of suggested them to remarry. That's it." She stated, shrugging her shoulders.

In response, Krishna laughed merrily, "No wonder they were offended."

"Offended?" She asked, frowning.

"Why not?" He shrugged. "Sakhi, you are their wife, and you asked them to marry another, that's why they were offended. Perhaps, hurt also."

"So what? This is not our modern timeline. And here, it's normal for Princes to marry another woman, precisely Princesses, majority of which happens to establish a political relations between other kingdoms. And by doing this, I think both the military system and trade relation of Hastinapur will increase." Panchali reasoned, while Krishna facepalmed.

"And moreover, if I come to the personal reasons, I clearly stated that they won't be getting anything from me. They  have a life, and when it gives an opportunity, they should use it in favour because marrying again, would only give benefits, and they can lead a normal life with their wives and have kids of their own."

Panchali suggested so casually that Krishna had no doubt that the Pandavas were hurt since the morning.

"Sakhi, I am glad that you thought about Hastinapur as a Kingdom but let me also enlighten you that this same Royal family has 105 Princes of its own." He paused, for a moment while Panchali listened carefully.

"The five Pandavas though are married to only you, but there are more 99 Kauravas still unmarried as well. All of them will get married to the Princesses of other Kingdoms. If we count, Hastinapur will have military and trade relations with 99 Kingdoms, not to forget Kulvadhu Bhanumati belongs from Kalinga, that connects 100 Kingdoms together. If you are included, Panchal is also with Hastinapur. Kunti Bhoj, Dwarka, Gandhar, Kashi, all of them support Hastinapur." Krishna said, in a go.

"And if you still think that the Pandavas should remarry, then you are wrong, Sakhi." He added, sighing.

That made Panchali to rethink about her own suggestion, "But what about their personal life, Govind?"

Krishna smiled at her slightly concerned voice, "You are there for them, Sakhi. Why don't you rethink about your decision? Why don't you give them a chance? Why don't you give yourself and your marriage a chance, Sakhi?"

Panchali swiftly turned her eyes at Krishna, getting extremely displeased about his words.

"Do you have an idea what you are saying, Govind? How can I establish a marital relationship with five men? How can I trust them with my past? What if I get betrayed?" Panchali asked, with her cold, emotionless voice.

The smile on the Almighty's face, never left for a moment, "I know you have realized till now that those five men won't make you feel pressurized for anything. I know, you even realized they are nothing what you are fearing about. They are not like your f-"

"Don't you dare take his name, Govind. Don't you dare compare my husbands with Mumma's." Anger rushed through her veins.

The minimum comparison between that monster and her five husbands were not tolerable to her by any means.

Krishna shook his head at her thoughts, smiling in a divine way.

"Sakhi, they care for you. Perhaps, they were hurt by your suggestion because your five husbands might love you and -"

"Aur mujhe usi pyar se nafrat hai, Govind." Panchali got up, banging her palms on the table.

(And I hate that same love.)

"Kyuki pyar sirf dard deta hai. Pyar apni jaan dene majboor kr deta hai, Govind..." She paused, before adding, "Aur isiliye mujhe pyar se nafrat hai...sirf nafrat."

(Because love can ony give pain. It can make the person give up on their life. And that's why, I hate love.)

With that, Panchali marched out of her study, leaving behind a divinely smiling Krishna.

"Tumhe jis prem se ghrina hai, Sakhi, uss prem ko swikar krne mei thoda toh samay avashya lagega." He paused, to look behind the door, to where she went.

"Parantu, jab tumhe yeh prem swikar hoga, tab pure vishwa ke kisi bhi shakti ya kisi bhi prapanch tumhe aur tumhare pancho patiyo ko alag nhi kr payega."

"Ishwar ne tumhe aur Pandu-putro ko Aryavart mein punah Dharm ke sthapna ke hetu chune hai. Aur Dharm ke raste pe chalne wale sabhi ko bohot si pariksha dene parte hai."

With that The Supreme Lord smiled, spreading a sense of divinity.

***

The sky was filled with millions of stars, surrounding the crescent shaped Moon, while the auspicious conch shells and bells reverberated throughout the city of Hastinapur.

The people gathered to give their prayers to the Supreme Goddess, in honour of her fifth form, Devi Skandamata.

"Devi Skandamata, worshipped on the fifth night of Navratri, represents compassion, motherhood and a heart full of love." Krishna recited the story, as once again the people sat to listen to the divine story of Devi Maa.

"Tarakasur, the infamous demon, with his severed penance got a boon from Bhahma Dev that his death would happen only in the hands of the son of Lord Shiv."

"Watching the atrocities led by Tarakasur, Devi Parvati and Mahadev did a severe penance. Their Tapas Shakti led to the birth of a son, who was then named as Kartikeya or Skanda."

"Lord Kartikeya had immense strength and war strategies, which made him the Commander-in-general by the Gods."

"The war between Lord Kartikeya and Tarakasur escalated till few years, which then resulted into the death of that Demon."

"Jai Kartikeya... Jai Devi Skandamata..." With that Krishna concluded the recitation, and the offerings were distributed among the people.

"I had a talk with Sakhi." Krishna said, after standing with his cousins, who apparently looked at him.

Literally, watched him.

"About what, may we know?" Bheem asked, raising his eyebrows, while having the Prasad.

Krishna shrugged, "Anything and Everything."

"Why don't you give a straight forward answer, Vasudev?" Nakul asked, shaking his head, chewing the Prasad.

"I just wanted you all to know that I went to have talk with her." Krishna again stated.

"We heard that, Madhav. And honestly we don't even want to know the conversation about you two, it's personal after all." Arjun mentioned.

"But in between our personal conversation, she also mentioned what she suggested to you all, after I conveyed her that you five are hurt." Krishna said, grinning ear to ear.

Their ears peeked at the mention of their conversation from morning. They swiftly turned their eyes at Krishna, who suddenly gained their full attention.

"What was the need for you to mention that we were hurt, Vasudev?" Sahdev asked, being deadpanned.

"And who the hell told you we were hurt?" Bheem asked, facepalming himself.

"Bheem, talk to Vasudev with due respect." Yudhisthir's firm voice, shut his brother's mouth.

"Uh- actually, Sakhi, stated some reasons behind her suggestion." Krishna said.

"And may we have the honour to know what your Sakhi thought before presenting such great decision of our lives." Nakul asked, more in a taunting way.

He was still offended and hurt from her. Not only him, but also his brothers.

Krishna chuckled at their grumpy state, "Sakhi got an intelligent brain to think about Hastinapur as a Kingdom. She suggested that idea, because if you all marry some other princess, then Hastinapur's military and trade system will increase, making it a more prosperous kingdom than it is now." 

For a moment, there was a silence from them, as they literally gawked at Krishna.

"Wow, amazing... It's such an enormously reasonable brilliant idea that your Sakhi came up with." Nakul taunted, clapping his palms.

"Exactly, Madhav, your Sakhi thinks so much about our Kingdom, after all Yuvrani she is." Arjun joined, flashing a taunting smile.

"And what are we for? We just sit ideally whole day, with no work regarding our State, just eat whole day. This is what we do, ain't we?" Bheem supported.

"That you surely do, Bhratashree." Sahdev rolled his eyes, gaining a smack at the back of his head.

Krishna laughed at their slight anger towards Panchali, and adored their love for her.

"It was her sole thoughts that she placed before us, Vasudev. And we also came back after placing our thoughts." Yudhisthir stated, calmly.

"Five months ago, we took seven rounds before the holy fire and took a resolution to stay loyal to her forever. She would be our only wife, till the end of time." He paused, and smiled warmly.

"We know that she didn't pay attention to any of the rituals during our wedding. Perhaps, that's the reason why all of a sudden she brought up the matter today. And it's our Dharm to stay stuck to our promise, which may she won't remember but we would do that no matter what."

Krishna smiled wholeheartedly, after all Pandavas could never disappoint him.

"And it's now beyond that promise, Madhav. We ourselves can never marry again, our heart won't allow us." Arjun mentioned.

"And yes, convey this message to your Sakhi, that she should stop thinking about Hastinapur. Our 99 brothers are there to establish trade and military relations." Nakul stated, grumpily.

Krishna laughed once again, as the six of them knew it was not about Hastinapur, but their strained relationship that made her suggest such proposal.

***

Caging herself once again in her dark room, Panchali jotted her memories in the diary.

The wind coming through the open balcony, made her hair sway.

Neha Malhotra finally realized what it felt like to be betrayed in love.

She finally understood what pain she made her elder sister, Aish Rathore, undergo.

Her love, Mr. Abhijeet Rathore betrayed Neha with his secretary!!

Panchali wrote the words in the diary, as her mind drifted back to the memory lane.

***

Few Years Back :-

That day, Abhijeet once again hit her and it was in front of his secretary, who was actually busy wearing her clothes properly. 

His anger escalated so much that he hit her head to the wall, which led her forehead to bleed, that also just because she came to his cabin and questioned him on his deeds.

Neha felt betrayed, humiliated, hurt and so many emotions at the same time.

That was not the end, as Abhijeet returned home late that day, while drunk in alcohol, because apparently he got his punishment as promised by Amitabh Rathore, who eradicated his position as Managing Director in the Rathore Industries, and sealed all the bank accounts under him, leaving him into nothing but just a beggar.

In his intoxicated state, Abhijeet once again raised his hands on Neha, hitting her with his belt, while she begged him to leave him but he didn't until she fell into a state of unconsciousness.

Panchali who was too scared to even speak, was locked in the dark storeroom of the house, when she tried to free her Mumma from her drunken father.

She was scared as hell, cried and begged Abhijeet to open the door but he didn't. Ultimately she got suffocated, losing her consciousness.

Later at midnight, Neha gained back her senses. Wincing in pain that she felt throughout her body, she got up in great difficulty and walked towards the store room.

Opening the lock, her heart wrenched at the sight of her little daughter lying unconscious.

After that fateful day, Neha's life changed completely for the worst.

With no relation with her parents and sister, she felt helpless in her life.

Everyday in the morning Abhijeet would leave, and at night he would be drunk, and lash out at Neha, while locking Panchali in the same storeroom.

This went on for a few good months until one day Neha questioned Abijeet with lots of courage, that where he was getting the money when he didn't work anywhere.

"You bitch, you dare to question me?" He grabbed her throat, choking her in the process.

"Don't forget that you are alive because I am feeding you with food. Or else you and your daughter would have been sitting on the streets by now." With that he threw her on the ground.

"Papa, no... Please, don't hit Mumma." Panchali cried, and pleaded.

Abhijeet turned into his daughter's voice. His lips tugged up into a sadistic smirk. His steps forwarded towards Panchali who was shivering in fear.

"Abhijeet... Abhijeet, No... Leave Panchu... Don't harm her.." Neha's scared voice didn't reach Abhijeet, when she got up and stepped between them, protecting her daughter from that monster.

His anger-filled eyes met Neha's scared one, as he dragged her to one of the rooms, and threw her to the floor, locking the door from outside.

"Abhijeet... No... No... No... Please leave her, she's a child... Abhijeet, are you listening..." Neha pleaded, banging the door.

While Panchali stepped back in fear, she was scared of her sadistic father, who apparently looked like he would hit her like her Mumma.

She tried to run, but her throat slipped a loud scream, while her eyes sprung tears, as Abhijeet grabbed her hair in his clutch, and then slapped her across her face.

He removed his belt from his pants, and landed it on Panchali's soft skin. A sheer painful scream left from her mouth, as a pain shot up through her body.

"Abhijeet... Please... She's your daughter... Abhijeet... Please let her go..." Neha shouted, banging the door.

Falling on her knees, she felt helplessness like never before gripping her heart, while agony crushed her soul into pieces.

Panchali's ear piercing scream reverberated in the house, along with Neha's constant pleads.

Dark spots danced in Panchali's vision while being constantly hitted with belt, her skin had left marks.

After what felt like hours, Abhijeet stopped his inhumane acts on the little girl, after noticing her to be in the state of unconsciousness.

Days turned into weeks, which then turned into months and years.

Three years passed by facing continuous torture. Panchali's schooling was stopped by Abhijeet, while he made her work at home.

From washing dishes to cleaning the house, Panchali used to do it all at such a young age.

Nobody knew that his house had turned into a home of prostitution at night.

Slowly Neha became a lifeless human, as her husband brought a new man every night who would fulfill his desire as a man.

And in return Abhijeet would get money.

There were times when Abhijeet's few customers touched Panchali inappropriately, while the little one would just plead them to stop but her begs would go in vain.

Each and every second, Neha cursed herself for being in love with that monster and endangering her and her daughter's life.

After all, one day Abhijeet blackmailed her with his malicious deeds, that if she didn't give in to his orders, he won't hesitate to kill Panchali.

And since then, every night, Neha get ready to be a toy being played by new men.

Initially she used to beg those customers of her husbands, but in return she used to be raped by them.

Slowly and gradually, Panchali's little heart was turning into a stone watching her mother go through such torture and her monster father, who would stoop so low to sell his wife and daughter.

Greetings Loveliest Readers,

I hope things are getting more clear now. There are also many more, which I would reveal in the upcoming chapters.

So stay tuned for that...

VOTE • COMMENT

Thanking You,
Hiya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 646 25
While going out from dyut sabha, I was guilt ridden, ashamed, beyond hurt from my inside. I was not angry with anyone but myself. I knew that whateve...
17K 665 14
Krisha a sweet and caring person who doesn't even have a single mean cell in her body who rules everyone with her heart and has everyone wrapped arou...
19.2K 806 37
What if Panchali was born just one month before her marrige to Pandavas? What if their marrige took place due to the war of panchal? What if Panchali...
246K 15.9K 141
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...