My Dance Partner {Book 1: My...

By Vicky16Glossy

In the world of tight buns and pointed feet, Victoria was the best of the best. And if her mother had her way... More

● Chapter One ●
● Chapter Three ●
●Chapter Four●
●Chapter Five●
●Chapter Six●
●Chapter Seven●
●Chapter Eight●
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten pt. 1
Chapter Ten pt. 2
Chapter Eleven (Logan chapter)
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
BONUS CHAPTER!!!!
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen pt. 1
Chapter Sixteen pt. 2
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen

● Chapter Two ●

642 15 0
By Vicky16Glossy

Chay Suede as Dominic Garcia

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ஜ۩۞۩ஜ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

I woke up this morning feeling exhausted. I didn't sleep very well last night despite taking my pills. I don't remember the last time I was able to fall asleep by myself.

Everyone will take one good look at me and know that there's something wrong because there is. I'm a big bundle of nerves. And a piece of my life is missing from my brain. The picture that was sent to me last night proves it.

My most recent memory (before the accident) was from July of last year. Actually, it was the day I auditioned for that recital. I remember working my ass off every day leading up to that audition. But everything between that time and waking up in the hospital is blurry. That's almost six months of my life that have been completely erased from my brain.

How is that even possible? And why those specific memories?

I would have never thought that it would be this exciting to wear heels again. They used to be an everyday thing. But since I never go anywhere, there was no point in putting them on. I walked over to my full-bodied mirror and took in the feeling of wearing a dress for the first time in seven months. All I had been wearing nowadays were sweats and workout clothes. My confidence level went up a bit more remembering how fun it was to dress up.

I walked over to my dresser and picked up my bottle of anxiety pills. I haven't had to take them as much these past couple of days. My doctor prescribed them only when I really need them. So I'll keep the bottle in my bag just to be on the safe side. Hopefully, they'll stay in there.

As I walked down the staircase, I could smell the bacon and eggs that the chef had prepared. My parents already went to work (being the CEOs of their companies and all). So they left a note underneath my car keys.

Have a great day, and be safe. Don't work yourself too hard. We love you -MOM & DAD

P.S. It's all about precision. Perfection is key.

"Breakfast is served!" said Evangeline, our chef. "We have eggs, bacon, french toast, and freshly squeezed orange juice"

"Everything smells wonderful, Evangeline," I said, inhaling the delicious aroma of the plates that were set in front of me. "Thank you"

As great as this was, the thought of going to school was still lingering in the back of my mind.

"Everything okay, sweety?" Evangeline asked.

I must have been daydreaming again. I do that a lot.

"Yes," I lied. "Why do you ask?"

She pointed down at the table and I realized that I was fidgeting with my fork. I placed the fork on the table and put my hands on my lap.

"Vicky I've known you since you were seven," Evangeline poured me a glass of juice. "And I've been watching you these past couple of months. It's time for you to get back out there and live your life"

"I don't know if it's that simple," I took a sip from the glass. "I don't know how I can move on when there's a part of my life I can't even remember. And no one seems to want to tell me anything"

Evangeline looked at her watch and started wrapping my food on a paper plate. I could tell she was trying to avoid this conversation with the look on her face. It's the same look that everyone gives me when I bring this subject up. There was something that she wasn't telling me.

"You'll have to take your breakfast to go," she handed me my breakfast and started cleaning the kitchen. "Your mom will kill me if I make you late"

"We wouldn't want that," I decided to let her off the hook. "Have a great day"

"You too"

I parked in my usual spot right next to Bianca's (my best friend in the whole world) red Corvette. I stepped out and noticed some petals by my door. In fact, there were a whole bunch of them scattered along my parking spot. A huge smile came over my face, I noticed the petals were from my favorite flower.

I wonder who did this.

"Do you like them?" said a deep voice.

I looked up and saw a guy standing by the hood of my car. He walked around to the side I was standing on and leaned onto a dark blue mustang that was parked on the other side.

He was wearing a black hoodie with the word "Rangers" written on the front, camo pants, and a pair of blue Nike high tops.

"You did this?" I asked pointing towards the flower petals. "But how did you—"

"How did I know that cherry blossoms were your favorite flower?" He finished my question. "You'd be surprised at how much I know about you, Vicky"

I recognized him. He was the guy that sent me that picture last night. He was wearing the same hoodie in his profile picture.

Wow. His profile picture did not do him justice. He may be the cutest guy I have ever laid my eyes on.

"Dominic right?" I asked. "Dominic Garcia? You're the one who sent that picture of me on Facebook"

He nodded and placed his hands in the pocket of his hoodie.

"You don't remember where it was taken do you?" he asked.

"I can't remember much of anything these days," I said, grabbing my purse and closing the car door.

"You don't know how happy I am to see you," he said. "Even if you don't know who I am"

"Hey, Vicky!"

I turned around at the sound of my name and saw my friends waving at me. I waved back and told them to hold on for a second. When I looked back at Dominic, his head was facing the direction of a group of students sitting underneath a tree.

"Well it was nice to meet you," I said, trying to get his attention. "Maybe I'll see you around?"

He turned his head back in my direction and stood up straight, "I would love that"

"And thank you for the flowers"

We waved to each other as he walked toward the people that were under the tree. The group looked in my direction and started whispering amongst themselves.

There goes the talking behind my back that I was worried about. The bell hasn't even rung yet. Breath Vicky. Everything is going to be alright.

Dominic sat down next to a pair of identical twins. One of the twins looked my way and waved at me enthusiastically. I slightly waved back even though I didn't know who she was. The other twin grabbed her sister's hand, forced it back down, and told her something in her ear.

I placed my purse on my shoulder and walked over to my friends.

I walked into the school with my friends and headed to our assigned lockers.

"I grabbed your schedule when I got mine," Bianca handed me a small piece of paper. "Since you were all caught up in your homeschooling, they were able to put you into the classes that you need"

"I can thank my mom for that," I skimmed through my schedule. "God forbid an injury or memory loss ruins my perfect grade point average"

"Plus, we're starting your campaign," Bianca continued.

"You are a shoo-in for student body president," My friend Halley said. "You already have the popular vote"

"And with us being your campaign party," My friend Emily said. "There's no way you can lose"

"About that," I said attempting to open my locker. "I don't want to run for president anymore"

"WHAT?!" They all said.

I was dreading having this conversation. Because I knew that this was how they were going to react. I've been talking about running for class president since junior high. It's kind of been expected of me.

So many members of my family have been the student body presidents of this school. My dad, my grandfather, both my uncles, my aunt, and even my older sister (Nadia).

"But you've been on the student council since the seventh grade," Bianca said. "Most of the changes that have taken place were because of you. At least consider running for another position. It'll look great on a college application"

I knew that Bianca was right. She usually was. I needed to make up for the time I lost. And that starts with extracurricular activities. I did enjoy being on the student council. Plus, they weren't going to let this go unless I agreed.

"Fine," I rolled my eyes. "I'll run for vice president. Happy?"

They started shrieking and huddling around me in a group hug.

I've missed you guys. You have no idea.

Later on in the day, I walked into my AP calculus class. If there was one thing that I wasn't nervous about, it was academics. Another thing I can thank my mom for. She's given my sister and me the best tutors money can buy. I was able to speak three languages by the time I was six. Nadia and I were going to be prodigies if my mom had anything to say about it.

I reached under my desk to grab a journal from my purse when I accidentally bumped heads with the person sitting next to me. I looked up while rubbing my head in pain and saw Dominic looking back at me. Scratching his head as well.

He handed me my journal, "Sorry about that"

"No, it's my fault," I said. "I've been really clumsy lately"

Dominic laughed, "You've always been clumsy"

"Yeah, and you would think--," I turned to face him when I realized what he said. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course," he said grabbing a pencil from his backpack.

"I know I 've seen your face before," I started. "Were we friends? Did we hang out? Did we used to have the same classes?"

"Slow down," he said, holding a hand up. "I could tell you everything but it's not that simple"

Our teacher entered the room and asked the class to quiet down. Dominic and I faced the front when we realized that our conversation had to end. I don't know how I will be able to concentrate with all of these questions buzzing around in my head.

"Attention ladies and gentlemen," Monsieur Francis, my ballet instructor, called us to attention. "All eyes on me please"

We all made our line from tallest to shortest so that he could inspect our attire. Everyone must be wearing the appropriate attire in order to participate in practice. If anything is out of the dress code, Monsieur Francis will throw you out for the rest of the day. He doesn't care who you are.

"We have a returning student. She is one of the best students I've ever had in my entire career. And as a welcome-back gift, I have decided to give her the lead in our upcoming swan lake production!"

"But Monsieur," an unfamiliar girl stepped forward. "I auditioned for that part. Besides, she's been gone an entire semester. How do we even know that she can still dance?"

I know every single person in this class but her. She must have joined while I was away. Which is why I'm confused as to how she got the lead in the first place. There are many others more deserving who have been in this company longer than I have. She must be good.

"That was when our featured dancer wasn't here, Peggy," he said to the girl. "And I have it on good authority that she has been trained privately in her absence"

I was honored that he wanted me to do it. And although I know that I will handle the role perfectly fine, I didn't feel right taking it from someone else. And more importantly, I don't have the energy to partake in the mind games that will definitely ensue behind the scenes.

"I am honored that you would consider me for the role of Odette, Monsieur Francis," I said. " But I would not feel right taking the role from someone else"

I could see relief forming on Peggy's face. The girl looked like she was about to have a breakdown.

Of course, I wanted to be the lead of Swan Lake. What ballerina doesn't want to be the lead in swan lake? But I'm more than happy with being in a different part. As long as I get to perform again. That's all I want.

Monsieur Francis was upset by my statement. I know it probably broke his heart. The man has been my instructor since I was four. He's like a second father to me. I still want to participate, It'll just have to be in the background.

Suddenly, his face lit up like a Christmas tree, "I have a brilliant idea!"

He grabbed my arm then walked over to Peggy and grabbed her arm. He lead us to the front and faced us towards the class.

"I don't know why I didn't think of this before," Monsieur Francis started. "Ladies and gentlemen, we will have Peggy as our Odette. And we will have Victoria as Odile, the black swan"

The class began to clap and ran over to congratulate us both.

I was not expecting that. But now that I think about it, this is perfect. It's still a very important role. Plus, It will be a challenge. And I love a good challenge.

I know my mother is not going to be happy about this. I am sure she's waiting impatiently at home for me to tell her that I got the part of Odette. But I'll worry about that later. I have a new part to learn and only a couple of weeks to learn it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
1.9K 124 31
I'm battling with myself. I have been going through a lot. I have been getting hurt more often and caught myself crying, and losing people. Everythin...
1.2K 327 45
If two people keep coming back to each other, does this mean it's true love? Elliot is from her past and when they meet again, the magnetic force bet...
635 35 18
Myst Rapier is an amazingly talented dancer with a great passion for the art. She and her twin, Evelyn, are maids at the hands and mercy of their ne...