Dangerous Life Ahead

بواسطة Writer_Hiya

~ Dangerous Life Ahead ~ • Book 2 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY • Panchali Rathore, Ex- CEO of Rathore Industri... المزيد

• D I S C L A I M E R •
1 : || Her Unusual Behaviour ||
2 : || The Atrocious Night ||
3 : || Will She Understand ? ||
4 : || Departure For Hastinapur ||
5. || Problems And Complications ||
6 : || Arrival In Hastinapur ||
7: || Miseries Of Life ||
8 : || Sudden Panic Attack ||
9 : || Post Wedding Rituals ||
10 : || Pehli Rasoi ||
11 : || Was it a Revenge? ||
12 : || Her Abnormal Behaviour ||
13 : || Misunderstanding and Rituals ||
14 : || Her Unusual Panick ||
15 : || Imprisonment After Dispute ||
16 : || Misunderstandings And Manipulation ||
17 : || Who's More Beautiful? ||
18 : || Bhanumati's Baby Shower ||
19 : || The Harsh Realities||
• F L O O R D E C O R •
20 : || Efforts To Mend ||
21 : || Panchali Gets Shifted ||
22 : || A Budding Mystery ||
23 : || Shakuni Is Banished ||
24 : || Bhanumati's Sudden Delivery ||
25 : || Her PTSD Syndrome ||
26 : || The Next Generation ||
27 : || The Naming Ceremony ||
28 : || Guests For Navratri||
29 : || Fragments of Entangled Relationships ||
30 : || Lesson For Love ||
31 : || Panchali Meets Subhadra ||
32 : || Her Unusual Approach ||
33 : || Understanding And Knowing ||
34 : || Hunt For Past ||
35 : || Trying To Manipulate ||
37 : || Realization Of Love||
38 : || Will They Remarry?||
39 : || Their Firm Resolution ||
40 : || Sense Of Divinity||
41 : || Chasing Her Bygone||
42 : || Her Slow Acceptance ||
43 : || Yuvrani, A Mystery||
44 : || Some Different Perspectives ||
45 : || Dusshala's Unusual Demeanor ||
46 : || Their Surprise Plans ||
47 : || The Devil's Plan ||
48 : || Lavender Haze ||
49 : || Turn Of Events ||
50 : || Terror Of Night ||
51 : || Essence Of Lives ||
52 : || Healing Her ||
53 : || To Comprehend Them ||
54 : || Accepting Them Earnestly ||
55 : || Her Changing Personality ||
56 : || Her Genuine Assertion ||
57 : || Storms And Life ||
58 : || The Sudden Combat ||
59 : || Her Punctual Nature ||

36 : || Their Slow Realization ||

480 50 50
بواسطة Writer_Hiya

Suggestion Alert : READ AT YOUR OWN RISK :-

* I am not aware of the story of Mata Kushmanda, and hence I have taken the story content from Google. (Honestly, I copy- pasted and I don't feel ashamed to admit because, here, I am just being honest.)

* Before any of you bashes me about not knowing the story of the Supreme Goddess, ( I know none of you would do that ) let me clear that I am a BENGALI, and here we only worship Devi Durga. So, I am only aware of her story.

***

The Moon shone brightly in the sky, surrounded by billions of stars, depicting that darkness could be mesmerizing as well.

Conch shells echoed throughout the city of Hastinapur, signifying the auspicious fourth night of  Navratri.

The people gathered in the Royal Palace to seek blessings from Devi Kushmanda.

The Mangal Arti started, as the people swayed with devotion, their heart filled with divinity for the Supreme Goddess.

Krishna was once again asked to recite the story of Mata Kushmanda and hence everyone sat on the ground to listen to the divine story.

"The time dates back when the cosmos was nothing more than an infinite dark nothingness. Within the endless void, a sublime light emerged slowly. Gradually the source of this light crystallized into a magnificent female form- that of Mata Kushmanda." He paused for a moment, only to find there was a complete silence all around.

After all the people had their attention only on the story of the Goddess, who created the very Universe.

"Devi Kushmanda smiled and the suffused light began sprouting with life. Galaxies, planets, plants, animals, humans- everything began to come into life. It was Adi Parashakti, the primordial Shakti who took the form of Maa Kushmanda to re- initiate life in the cosmos."

Shree Hari Narayan smiled, as he recited His sister's beautiful creation to the creation itself- the humans, plants, animals.

"She is the mother who bore the little great cosmic egg of all creation. She is the source of all energy, all light, all warmth and all life."

"Devi Kushmanda created all the Universe and settled her Shakti in the Surya Mandal powering the Sun to provide light and warmth to the Universe. As the source of light, Mata Kushmanda is said to direct the Sun God, Bhagwan Surya. She lives in the Sun's core and it is Her luminosity that brightens the Sun."

"Mata Kushmanda also carries the name Surya Mandala Antarvardhini, meaning the one who resides within the Surya Mandal, due to this reason."

"After creating the Universe, Devi Kushmanda is said to have created the other powerful deities - the three  Mahashaktis, from Her smile alone."

"From the left eye of Mata Kushmanda, Devi Maha-Kali emerged. From the right eye, Devi Maha-Saraswati emerged and from Her third eye, Devi Maha-Lakshmi emerged."

"And hence, Mata Kushmanda is known as the 'smiling' Goddess. She is the Goddess of purification and Tapasya for spiritual aspirants, giving heat and light to purify all our deeds."

"Jai Mata Kushmanda..!!" With this, Krishna ended the story as eveeyone once again swayed with devotion.

The offerings were distributed among the Royals and subjects.

"By the way, don't think that we have forgotten about your special breakfast, Bhrata." Dusshala teased, while having the prasad.

"Yes, exactly... We want every detail of that sweet moment." Subhadra demanded.

The Pandavas didn't feel to be teased rather a bitter sweet emotion took over them.

"It was nothing about sweet and special, Subhadra." Nakul grumbled, rolling his eyes.

"What? But why?" Dussala asked.

"What happened there? Did you guys not shared breakfast?" Subhadra asked, frowning at their not so pleasant faces.

"No... I mean, we shared. But..." Arjun trailed off with a irritated disappointed face.

"Is everything fine, Bhrata?" Bhanumati asked, coming and standing with them, carrying Arushi in her arms, who was apparently playing with her necklace and earrings.

The little one got fascinated by her mumma's jewelleries.

"And what about your special breakfast with my dear friend?" Bhanumati asked once again, with a teasing smile.

"We are asking the same question, Bhabishree. But these five are not giving any clear answers." Dusshala said.

"Arjun, you say? What happened there?" Subhadra asked, folding her hands infront of her chest.

"That's the problem. Nothing happened. We couldn't even eat in peace." Arjun whined, with a frown.

"Aare hua kya hai, koi bolenge bhi ya nhi." Dusshala spoke, with a little frustration because of the curiousity that was taking a toll on her.

(Hey, what happened? Will anyone even say or not?)

"That Aryan happened." Bheem stated, with a distant frowned look.

"What!?" The three exclaimed together.

"Aryan?" Bhanumati asked, being surprised.

"Saurashtra Kumar Aryan?" Subhadra asked, hoping she heard wrong maybe.

"Yes." Nakul huffed, answering.

"But what was Aryan doing with Bhabi?" Dusshala asked, being perplexed.

"I mean I know it's not new about them being together, but even at that time also?" She added.

"Wait, wait... It's getting out of my head. What was Saurashtra Kumar doing with Yuvrani? What's happening, will anyone clear this?" Subhadra asked, getting hell confused.

"Subhadra, let me clear this out." Dusshala said. "Aryan has been friends with Bhabi since her childhood and by friends, I meant, best friends you know. They are always with each other."

"I see..." Subhadra trailed off but frowned upon a certain point, "Wait, did you take Saurashtra Kumar's name?"

Dusshala was taken off guard by Subhadra's sudden question.

"Uh- Yeah, I mean, Aryan and I have been friends for quite a time, now. So, we just call each other by our name." Dusshala confirmed, with a smile.

"Oh, I see." Subhadra had a distinct look on her face hearing Dusshala.

"Okay, leave all these, now tell me what happened there ultimately?" Bhanumati asked, swooning Arushi, in her arms.

"We went there and saw that man sitting beside her. And look at his audacity, he didn't even go out after noticing the plate, which clearly showed that the food was just for the six of us." Bheem complained, grumbling over the moment.

"And not only that." Arjun started. "She even fed him the first morsel to taste."

"Exactly, I always tease Bhrata Bheem, I admit, but for the fact I also know that Bhrata cooks too well." Nakul gazed at Dusshala before adding.

"And your Bhabi should have been the first to taste the food. Because, today, not only Bhrata Bheem, even we four also helped him to make her breakfast... My eyes were burning while cutting those onions and what did she do?... She fed Aryan the first morsel." Nakul whined at last.

The three women looked at each other. Laughter bubbling inside, which wanted nothing but to burst out.

"That's not the end, you know, Bhabishree...Subhadra... Dusshala." Sahdev too complained, couldn't keep the grudge inside him anymore.

"Aryan offered to feed her the rest of the breakfast. And guess what, she agreed." He huffed, adding.

"She agreed?" The three repeated, after taking a look at each other.

"What else?" Arjun rolled his eyes, complaining, "And till the rest of the time, we had to watch that guy feeding your Bhabi with his own hand."

Yudhisthir stood there silently for a long time, and shook his head at his brothers' complaints.

They were really naive at heart, because he could see the thing which his four innocent brothers couldn't.

He could see a big teasing session awaited by the looks of the three women, which only resembled that they would not stop until they made him and his brothers die out of embarrassment.

And he was so right when those three burst out of laughter. They held their stomachs and laughed hard.

Little Arushi too giggled watching her mother chuckle heartily, giving an adorable view of her toothless smile and gaining awed looks from others.

"Oh God, you guys are so jealous, Bhrata." The three commented in unison.

"Jealous!?" The Pandavas exclaimed together, even Yudhisthir, who was too taken aback by them.

Until he realised that he too acted like his childish brothers for a second.

"Yes, obviously. Your faces are telling you that you all are jealous of Aryan." Dusshala mentioned, still laughing.

"Jealous and us?" Nakul asked, being deadpanned at the fact.

"That too of Aryan?" Bheem once again chewed Aryan's name.

"Yes, yes... You five are jealous of Aryan. Just admit it, Bhrata." Bhanumati mentioned.

"No way, Bhabishree." Arjun stated. "We can never be jealous of that Aryan."

His remark again spread laughter among the three women. But soon they had to compose to make them realize their feelings.

"But you guys know what? At starting there is nothing wrong with being jealous of someone adoring your beloved." Bhanumati mentioned smiling, after their little hearty laughter.

"I agree with Bhabishree." Dusshala supported, "Bhrata, you guys are in love."

"You five are in love with Panchali." Subhadra completed, her tone didn't lace tease as earlier but a calm seriousness that had an adorableness within itself.

The hearts skipped a beat, and which eventually got faster with seconds.

Love.

They are in love with Panchali.

The very woman who always makes their heart beat faster than ever.

It was a foreign feeling to the five brothers but somewhat it felt weirdly nice.

"Bhabishree... Dusshala... Subhadra, aap teeno kuch bhi bolte ho." Nakul commented, without making any eye contact.

(You three speak anything and everything.)

The feeling he felt was not something he could describe in words.

It was an alien feeling to him.

He always flirted with many maidens but never felt any strong emotion like love with any of them.

He never felt any feeling for anyone that he usually felt for Panchali.

But how can it be love? How does someone feel when they are in love?

The three friends looked at each other as silent communication zipped through their eyes.

"Okay, then answer our question. Do you all usually think about her when she's not around you, especially before you go to bed?" Bhanumati asked.

"Always." Nakul blurted out, but soon realized it, as he looked at his brothers, gaining a facepalmed look from each of them.

"N-no, I mean, uh- when does she even stay with us? She's always busy with her work." He managed but failed as everybody already caught him.

But whatever Nakul blurted, it was clear to the three ladies and the four Pandavas also.

It was true apparently, because no matter what work they do, Panchali had always been staying at the back of their mind, in both their consciousness and unconscious state.

Previously they used to shut the thoughts that roamed around her, but eventually with time, they stopped trying that also.

Because somewhere they knew thinking about her, had no wrong intention or any ulterior motive in them. Besides, unknown to her, they felt at peace while thinking about her.

Her thoughts gave a sense of calmness and contentment within their heart.

"And it's quite natural, Bhrata. The one whom you love, makes you always think about them." Bhanumati stated, pulling them out of their thoughts.

Because once again they were lost in her thoughts.

"You can't stop staring at them and often you get lost in their eyes. It feels like when your beloved is in front of you, the whole world stopped for that particular moment. It's like there is nobody but just you and your beloved." Subhadra said, as her mind drifted to a certain Prince, with whom she felt the same feeling.

That was something the brothers could highly relate to.

Because every time she came in front of them, they felt like the world stopped rotating, and there was no one around them.

Just her.

They couldn't breathe, they couldn't blink their eyes, as if they did, she would vanish from their sight.

And that feared them the most.

"When you're in love, you prioritize your time with your beloved. You would want as much time spent with them, because it feels like time flies much faster with them. You would want to just sit and gaze at your beloved. It would be the moment every time you would cherish. You want to spend as much time as possible with them." Dusshala spoke with a distant look on her face, as if she was speaking from her heart.

A smile adored her face, remembering the moment she had spent with Aryan.

Spending time with Panchali was something they wanted the most.

But it never happened.

They craved for the time when it would be just them and her. And no one else.

So that they could picture her every moment in their mind.

They wanted to cherish every little thing about her. Her words, the way her hair swayed with the light breeze, the way she spoke. But, her eyes were their most favourite.

Until they witness her smile. That was their wish which they don't even know if it would be fulfilled.

"When the person you're in love comes close, suddenly you would start feeling butterflies inside your stomach, sweaty palms, weak knees dry mouth and what not. And that's the beautiful feeling about love." Bhanumati said, with a shy diatant look.

"Your beloved becomes your biggest priority. They could even replace you in your own life. You want to spend the rest of your life with them." Subhadra said, smiling at her own thoughts.

Spending their entire life with Panchali was a wish and since they were married for real, people may think that their wish got fulfilled.

But only they knew, they were married but not from their hearts.

They would really want to spend their life with her, spend every hour, every hour, every minute with her.

"You get nervous around your beloved most of the time, during the starting phase of your love. You would fumble while speaking around them, because their gaze on your eyes would definitely feel like they ain't staring at you, but at your soul. That feeling sometimes can be irritating but that's the beauty of falling in love." Dusshala said, her smile never wiped from her lips, while her mind still lingered on Aryan.

Panchali's straight gaze felt exactly the same, which always made them fumble.

They couldn't keep a straight eye contact with her for a longer time. Because if they did they may lose the power of speaking.

"When you love someone, there's so many things that happen. There's trust, there's faith, there's nervousness, that butterfly feeling, the priority, the attraction, the little jealousy, the infatuation, the healthy obsession. Everything happens at the same time, like a roller coaster ride and finally burst into a lifelong commitment. It gives birth to the most beautiful feeling in this world, which is love." Bhanumati stated with a beautiful smile, while her eyes glistened with tears.

"And if you realize all these things are happening to you, then congratulations Bhrata, you are in love." Subhadra said, smiling brightly.

It was all new to them, everything happening so fast and at the same time, like a roller coaster ride.

***

The room of Panchali was once again covered in darkness, the only source of dim light was that coming from outside as the whole Palace was decorated and numerous fire torches were implanted that illuminated the whole city of Hastinapur.

The mild cold breeze coming from the open balcony, blew her hair as she once again sat over the ground, penning her thoughts on her diary.

They say love gives a roller coaster ride feeling, but don't mention that the same feeling of that dangerous ride can lead to your death.

Panchali wrote in her diary with a distant look on her face, which had an emotionless yet hard expression.

Accidents happen many times while riding a roller coaster, some live and others die.

The love that gives a beautiful feeling at first, is the same that gives a lifelong nightmare.

They say love is the strongest emotion, but the reality is love makes the person weak.

"Marrying Abhijeet Rathore was the most gruesome mistake that Neha Malhotra made in her life." Panchali muttered as she wrote the statement as well in her diary.

"Her endless love and just one wrong decision brought a ghastly consequence to so many lives that she didn't even know." She spoke, clenching her teeth.

***

19 YEARS AGO :-

Six Years Later :-

New Delhi, India :~

Neha married Abhijeet out of love for him that she developed over time.

Six years ago when Abhijeet proposed to her on her birthday, she couldn't refuse him. Because her heart wanted to spend the rest of the life with him.

Though her mind and consciousness warned her not to do that. Not to marry an already married man. Not to marry her sister's husband.

But he already convinced her that he would have a divorce with her sister.

And the irony was, six years have passed and he still didn't give divorce to her sister.

Since then, she married him and stayed with him in his penthouse.

Six years have passed since Neha met her own family. The reason being - her child, who was now apparently five years old.

Her daughter was her sunshine, that little one was everything to her.

And about her career?

Well, Abhijeet convinced her to be a housewife, even after knowing that she wanted to be a Doctor, a Heart Surgeon specifically, which had been her dream all her life.

Neha requested so many times, to let her complete her studies at least, but even that wasn't supported by her husband.

At last she left her dreams for her love and agreed to become a  homemaker for the rest of her life, just to satisfy her husband and make him happy in every way.

Her family was informed that their daughter had been practicing in AIIMS for six years, after successfully completing her studies in Meds.

Yes, Neha lied ultimately to her family.

And since then, she always dropped the topic of returning to Mumbai, her home, whenever her family members tried to contact her.

Abhijeet was another kind, which highly confused Neha. For the last six years, he has changed a lot.

He never gave the same attention that she received before her marriage with him.

He would always be busy in his office and would come back late at night, while the maximum night he would be drunk and convince her to have sex.

His logic was that only Neha could give him the peace at night, and give a break from his mind that only revolved around work in broad daylight.

Once she asked about his behaviour because she was tired, both mentally and physically. In return, he got angry at her for questioning him back.

His anger reached so high, that he was about to slap her but he didn't and replied that he was tensed about the business and the work pressure.

That night Neha cried her heart out witnessing that behaviour of her husband.

That night she found her only solace in her daughter, who was apparently sleeping but gave a sense of peace to her mother.

But her love made her blind and led her to think that maybe it was indeed his work pressure, or else the one who never talked to her in a high voice once upon a time, how would he raise his hands on her.

"Mumma." A soft childish voice that she cherished the most, pulled her out of her thoughts.

Neha turned to a side and wiped her tears away. She smiled down at her daughter, who always had her favourite doll with her.

"Panchali." The name rolled adorably from her tongue, as she picked up her daughter and made her sit on the kitchen slab, beside the gas oven, where she was cooking.

"You were again crying?" The little Panchali asked in an innocent voice, because she noticed her Mumma's glistening eyes.

After all she had always seen her Mumma crying at least once everyday.

"Uh- no, no, dear. Why would I cry when I have a beautiful flower like you in my life, my Sunshine." Neha replied, caressing Panchali's face.

"It's just that something went inside my eyes, and I was trying to take it out by putting my fingers inside my eyes. Hence, tears came out of it." Neha successfully lied, convincing her daughter that she was fine.

The innocent Panchali nodded, smiling at her Mumma. The five year old didn't know what turmoil her Mumma was going through.

And Neha wished her daughter to stay away from every evil in the world.

"Mumma, what are you making this?" Panchali asked, pointing to the orangish thing on the gas oven, that her Mumma was cooking.

"It's Gajar ka halwa, dear." Neha replied, smiling at her.

"Ja-gar ka ha-v-la?" The five year old Panchali mispronounced the dish name with a cute frown, making Neha chuckle at her daughter's adorableness.

"Jagar ka havla nhi Gajar ka Halwa, betu." She corrected and kissed her daughter's forehead.

"Achaaaa..." Neha chuckled at Panchali's little habit of stretching the 'acha' which sounded more like a tune.

The door bell rang gaining their attention as Neha frowned at the time, just 7:20 PM on Sunday, that meant Abhijeet was at home, but was working.

"Abhijeet, koi aae hai, aap zara dekhenge. Hum yaha kitchen pe hai." Neha said in a loud voice,from the kitchen.

(Abhijeet, someone has arrived, can you please check. I am in the kitchen.)

Abhijeet came downstairs hearing her, replying to her, "I am checking."

Just as he opened the door, he met with the shock of his life. His eyes visibly widened, as his mouth parted open while he looked pale.

He didn't expect Amitabh Rathore and Aish Rathore to suddenly come at the doorstep of his penthouse in Delhi.

His father and first wife.

The duo smiled at him, while Aish felt a relief wash over her soul, watching her husband after six long years.

While Neha wondered who came at such hour while stirring the sweet dish.

She turned off the gas, "Panchu, stay here. Let me go and see who has arrived."

"Okay Mumma." Panchali replied, playing with her doll.

Neha exited the kitchen and entered the drawing room, only to get the shock of her life.

For a moment, a thought of immediately hiding somewhere crossed her mind, but before she could do that, her elder sister noticed her.

Aish frowned witnessing her sister standing there. What was her sister doing there, when she used to stay at her rented apartment.

Nevertheless, she shut her thoughts and smiled, as she went towards Neha.

"Shona, how are you?" Aish asked Neha and engulfed her in a hug, shocking her.

She looked at Abhijeet for a moment, who visibly seemed like he would burn her just by his gaze.

His eyes screamed at her, asking why even she came out of the kitchen.

"It's been so long, I haven't seen you. By the way, how's your profession going, Dr. Neha?" Aish asked, smiling proudly at her.

Neha smiled giving a tight lipped grin. Only if she could tell that she didn't even complete her studies, let alone become a doctor.

And Aish's question felt nothing but sprinkling salt over her wound.

"Didi, that actually -" Neha couldn't complete her sentence, when Aish gasped audibly.

"Shona, what is this? Yeh Sindoor... Mangalsutra... yeh sab kya hai?" Aish asked, finally noticing the vermilion and mangalsutra tying around her neck.

(What's all this?)

"You are married? When did that happen? Why didn't you tell any of us about this? And where's your husband?" Aish questioned continuously.

"Neha beta, aapne shadi kiye? Kab aur kisse?" Amitabh asked, frowning, as he too was equally shocked.

(Neha, dear, you got married? When and to whom?)

She could only lower down her eyes. Because she was apparently ashamed and guilt ridden.

"Shona, why are you quiet? Say something, when did you marry? And why weren't we informed? What is happening Neha, speak up." Aish questioned her, holding Neha's arms.

"Didi- that- I -" Before Neha could reply, a childish voice from the entrance, gained their attention.

"Aunty, where is Panchu?" The cute eight year little boy asked, standing at their entrance with a ball in his little arms.

"She's in the kitchen." Neha replied, while the boy ran towards the kitchen.

"Who is he?" Aish asked almost immediately, frowning.

"Neighbour's son." She replied in a low voice.

"Okay, leave all these. First, I want to know, when did you marry? And to whom?" Aish asked again.

Neha shut her eyes, keeping her head bowed. She was ashamed to tell what blunder she did.

"Didi, actually -"

"Mumma." Panchali called, standing, with that boy.

Aish got shocked at the core witnessing the little girl referring to her sister as Mumma.

She gazed at the girl wearing a pink sleeveless dress that reached till her knees. Her hair was tied up into two little buns, on either side of her head.

She held a beautiful doll in her hands.

"Mumma, can I go and play with Aryan?" She asked, in her baby voice.

Neha nodded permitting her as she squealed in joy and held Aryan's wrist, pulling him to go with her.

But Panchali halted when she was about to go past Aish.

She looked up with a cute frown, thinking she had seen the lady somewhere but just couldn't remember the place.

Neha knew Aish got to know that not only was she married, but also had a daughter and hence thought to introduce them.

"Your Maasi." She helped Panchali remember.

"Achaaaa..." She remembered the lady.

"Maasi, I am Panchali, my Mumma's only daughter. I am five years old and I study in 1st grade in Delhi Public School. My favourite subject is English and my favourite teacher is Roshni Miss. Oh, I forgot, this is my best friend, Aryan, who studies in 3rd grade, in the same school. And my class best friend is -"

"Panchali, stop it." Abhijeet shut her in a loud voice, as the five year old flinched.

Neha smiled faintly at her daughter. Whatever the situation maybe, her daughter would never fail to make her smile.

After all she is the only solace in her life, her little Sunshine.

Aish smiled at Panchali's adorableness. She sat on her knees, in front of her.

She caressed the cheek of her niece, mesmerized by the beauty of the little one.

Her ocean blue orbs were so enchanting that surprised Aish to another extent.

"Do you know me?" Aish asked, her palms still caressing Panchali's face.

She nodded immediately, "Mumma has shown me your photo in the album. I know everyone in my family. And I even love everyone. I also love you, Maasi."

Aish chuckled as she got to know what her niece liked to speak a lot.

She kissed her forehead, "You can now go and play with your friend."

Panchali smiled brightly and kissed Aish back on her right cheek, earning a soft giggle from her.

"Let's go, Aryan." She took a hold of Aryan's hand and went towards the entrance.

"Panchu, today we will play hide and seek and then...." The chatter of the two little best friends faded as they moved out.

Aish smiled at the fading figure of her niece, standing up on her knees, "Panchali is just a chatterbox. It is clear that she loves to talk a lot."

She frowned suddenly turning to her sister, who immediately lowered her eyes, "Shona, Panchali is five years old, then when did you get married?"

Neha gulped a lump that formed in her throat. She was scared as everything would be out in a few moments.

"Six years." She replied, in a low voice, still looking at the floor.

"What? Six years? Shona, for heaven's sake, you are married for six years and also have a child... When were you planning to tell us about this?" Aish was shocked, after all.

"Didi, I am sorry -" Neha's eyes filled with tears.

"Who's your husband, Shona? Where is he? And moreover, why are you staying here, in this penthouse? Then, you should have been residing in your in-law's home... Shona, it's time for you to speak. Tell me, what are you doing with your life?" Aish asked, shaking her.

A few tears spilled from Neha's eyes, as she felt the concern, lacing her elder sister's voice.

"I am sorry, Didi. I am so sorry. Please forgive me." Neha cried, joining her hands to Aish, who was taken aback by the sudden pleading of her.

"Shona, it's okay. It's okay. Don't cry. There's nothing wrong with marrying, but the problem is you should have informed us about it. Whom do you marry?" Aish tried to make her understand.

Neha gazed at Abhijeet, who slowly shook his head, implying her not to spill the secret of their marriage.

She then turned her eyes at her elder sister, whose concerned face increased the guilt in her more.

No... She couldn't cheat her Didi anymore, which she had been doing for six years.

"Didi - I - actually - Six years ago- I married -"

"Neha, no..." Abhijeet tried to stop her. He was sweating in fear, as his father was standing just before him.

Neha didn't shift her gaze anywhere but her sister.

"I- married..." She paused, taking a long breath and looked straight at Aish's eyes.

"I married Mr. Abhijeet Rathore."

It sounded a sudden thunder bolt struck over Aish, as she felt the ground beneath her slipped away. Her breath stuck inside her chest, as a lump formed in her throat.

She stumbled back two steps, while her lips parted open. Tears of betrayal formed in her eyes.

"How dare you, Neha?" Abhijeet was about to storm towards her but Amitabh held his arm.

Soon a sound reverberated in the house, as Amitabh slapped his shameless younger son, hard on his cheek.

Neha gasped, "Uncle -"

Amitabh stopped her by showing his palms, "I am talking with my son and I want no outsider to interfere."

Neha lowered her eyes, which spilled more tears while Aish was still in her position out of the betrayal she received from her two loved ones.

"How dare you Abhijeet Rathore to betray all of us? How dare you to betray your wife? How dare you marry someone else when you are already married?" Amitabh shouted at his son.

"You rascal, your wife is still alive staying with your two sons in your house in Mumbai and here you dare to marry someone else and settle another home?" He criticized Abhijeet, who had his head bowed down in embarrassment.

"How can you stoop so low? A shameless son like you can only bring shame to the family. Your family trusted you... your wife trusted you and look what you did." He paused for a moment, as pure rage went through his nerves.

"I feel disgusted by you, Abhijeet. I feel disgusted thinking I gave birth to such a man who cheats his wife, who betrays his family for six years." Amitabh spat the words at his son's.

"Uncle, please, listen to me at least for once." Neha requested, sobbing hard.

"Abhijeet and I fell in love with each other. We will die if we stay apart. Hence, we married but before marriage Abhijeet assured me that he would give a divorce to Didi, so that Didi can marry someone who will love her and she will be happy for the rest-" Neha couldn't complete her sentence, as her face turned to the right side, while she felt a stinging sensation on her left cheek.

Something in Aish led her to slap her sister hard, as the tears finally fell from her eyes.

"How dare you you take my life's decision, Neha? Who gave you the right to do that?" Aish screamed, her heart was already broken by the revelation and the topic of her divorce fueled the fire in her heart.

Neha got immense hurt by hearing her Didi calling her by her name and not Shona.

"Didi, why are you-"

Another slap on her face echoed in the silent house.

"Don't you dare call me Didi, Neha. You are dead for me." Aish declared, though she didn't want to say such gruesome words but the betrayal was too much for her.

"For once, you didn't think about me, did you? Okay fine, leave about me, didn't your consciousness for once thought about your two nephews? What about them? What will I say Siddharth and Avishek that their-" Aish paused as the thought of Panchali crossed her mind.

Her face was tear stricken. She feared the answer but still wanted to ask.

"Neha, is Panchali..." Aish couldn't complete it, as Neha slowly nodded her bowed head, affirming, while the unfortunate elder sister gasped.

"How could you, Shona..." Aish questioned while tears fell like a waterfall.

Neha too cried, sobbing in guilt and fell on her knees, joining her hand, "I am sorry, Didi... I am so sorry. I was selfish at that time. Please forgive me, Didi."

Aish took a shaky breath, "How can I forgive you for betraying me, Shona? How can a sister forgive her younger sister for marrying her own husband? How can a mother forgive the woman who cheated her sons too? How can I, Neha?"

"Then, punish me, Didi. I am your offender, punish me." Neha would do anything to gain her sister's forgiveness.

"Not only Neha, but punish this shameless son of mine too, dear. Both of them are your offender." Amitabh spoke in a stern voice while Abhijeet had his eyes wide open upon hearing his father.

Aish wiped the tears from her face, as her expression hardened, "If you want any punishment, Neha, then stay away with your husband and your daughter from me and my sons."

Neha felt her entire world crashing down, "Didi-"

"I break all my ties, with you Neha." Declaring so, Aish turned away from Neha and marched out of the house.

A lone tear successfully slipped from her eyes, on parting away from her husband and sister.

The two people whom she loved with all her heart. And they were the same people, who paired together to shatter her heart into millions of pieces, which she could never collect and join together.

"Aish being a woman with a heart of kindness, cannot give you any punishment but tomorrow by the end of the day, Abhijeet, you will surely receive the result of your betrayal." Amitabh declared in anger, and stormed out of the  house.

Silence prevailed in the penthouse, as Neha cried still sitting on the floor.

Her sobs irritated Abhijeet. Anger rushed through his veins.

Only if Neha refrained herself from spilling the secret of their marriage.

He stormed towards her and pulled her her up by her arms, startling the soul out if Neha.

And he slapped her hard, as Neha fell on the floor.

It happened so fast that it took a moment for her to decipher that her husband hit her.

She felt a coppery taste in her mouth, touching the side of her lips, she found it bleeding.

A sharp pain shot through her head, as she felt Abhijeet clutching her hair in his fist. He pulled her up.

"Abhijeet -" She tried to remove his hand from her hair, but he clutched her hair more tightly, inflicting pain.

"Ahh... Abhijeet, please..." Neha cried in pain.

"Shut up." He shouted. "Shut up, you good for nothing, woman. Who told you to spill everything out?"

Neha winced in pain, as tears streamed down her face.

"Mumma..." Panchali called running inside the house, but soon gasped at the sight of her father hitting her Mumma.

The doll in her hand fell down, as she felt scared looking at her angry father.

She ran to her mother, "Papa, please leave Mumma...Papa, please..."

Tears pooled in her eyes watching her Mumma like that for the first time.

Abhijeet jerked away Panchali, as she fell down on her knees.

He grabbed Neha's throat and caged her to the wall, while Neha coughed and tried  to breathe.

Tears slipped from the corner of her eyes.

"You need to know your place, Neha. And you have no right to speak in my family matters. Then, why did you open your mouth?" Abhijeet asked, tightening his hold around hwr throat.

"Papa, please leave Mumma... Please, papa..." Panchali cried watching the torture her mother was bearing.

With her little fist, she hit her father's thigh, in an attempt to let her mother go out of his clutches.

Alas, only if her attempt could work.

Neha felt darkness slowly engulfing her, when suddenly she felt Abhijeet leave her.

She immediately fell on her knees, because of the pain she felt.

While Abhijeet walked out of the house in anger, Panchali crawled to her Mumma, hugging her.

With no time, Neha fell into a pit of unconsciousness, startling the little Panchali.

"Mumma..." She called but her mother wasn't answering her call.

She called a few more times but got no answer in return.

She felt scared. She felt nervous and helpless watching her Mumma not responding and looked pale.

A five year old mind thought that maybe she lost her mother forever, until a figure sat beside her with a jug of water.

She turned her tear stricken face to see Aryan, who once looked at her and then sprinkled some water on Neha's face, a few times.

"Mumma..."

The unfortunate woman blinked open her eyes. At first, she was confused what happened but the tear stricken face of her daughter, reminded her all the incidents that happened few moments ago.

"Mumma... The side of your lips is bleeding." She spoke in a soft voice.

Neha took Panchali in her embrace and burst out crying. She gazed Aryan, who sat their with a scared expression, because, he too watched everything that happened.

She motioned Aryan and hugged him too. Kissing their head, Neha cried over her fate.

She could never imagine that Abhijeet, her love, raised his hands on her. For a moment, she thought he would kill her right at that moment.

Time flew too soon as Aryan took his leave and the mother-daughter duo were left alone in their big penthouse.

Neha fed Panchali the dinner after a lot of assurance that she was fine. But Panchali wasn't as assured as she would have been and made her Mumma too have some food.

Even if Neha didn't have any appetite to eat, she had to just to assure Panchali that she was fine.

She knew whatever happened, it would have some effect on her five year old daughter, who was too innocent to know the situation.

That night felt too longer to Neha, as she cried the entire night, after being assured that Panchali slept.

Her cheeks had hand imprints and left a painful sensation.

She cried silently hugging her only solace, her Sunshine, on the fact that her sister broke all the ties with her. And maybe soon her parents would also.

She cried over her husband who hit her so hard that her head was still aching.

The night passed, as Neha somewhere got worried since Abhijeet didn't return home.

It was worrying her that he went out in anger, what if something happened to him.

The Sun rose in the East, signifying the next day. Neha got up from the bed, and went to the washroom to freshen up.

The look of herself on the mirror was not too soothing, as the cut on the sides of her lips were lightly visible because of the little dried blood.

Nevertheless, she did her business in the washroom and came out, wearing fresh cloths.

She went to the home temple and gave her offerings to the Diety, praying the health of all her loved ones.

Neha then went to the kitchen to make her daughter's breakfast and tiffin for her school.

After turning the gas to low flame, Neha went to wake Panchali up from her sleep.

"Betu..." She shook her body.

Panchali jerked out of her sleep in fear and hugged Neha. "Mumma.."

"What happened, dear? Was it a nightmare?" She asked, caressing the little one's back.

Panchali frowned at the word her Mumma said. Nightmare?

"Mumma, was it a nightmare?" She asked innocently while Neha understood what it was about.

"Yes -uh, yes... Betu, it was a nightmare." Neha lied through her teeth, as it seemed like Panchali took a breath in relief.

"Achaaa..."

"But it was so real. In the nightmare, you were hurt, Mumma... You were crying and Papa was-"

"It-it was n nightmare, Panchu. Forget it, whatever happened in your dream." Neha didn't let her daughter speak against her own father.

Because Panchali didn't need to know anything about what happened the previous night, and the reason behind it.

If she thought it to be a nightmare, then it was good for Panchali.

Neha took her daughter to the washroom and helped her fresh up and then fed her the breakfast.

Panchali wore her school uniform while Neha packed her tiffin.

Tieing Panchali's hair in two braids, Neha took Panchali and her school bag, outside the house.

"Sanjana?" Neha called Aryan's mother, Mrs. Sanjana Mehta, who lived beside their home and was getting into their car with Aryan, who too was going to their school.

"Yes Neha."

"Can you please drop Panchali too at the school?" She requested.

"Oh yes, Neha. Why not?" Sanjana Mehta agreed immediately. "Panchu, go and sit with Aryan inside the car. I am coming in a few minutes."

"Okay Aunty." She ran to the car, taking her school bag with her.

Sanjana turned to Neha, when her eyes notices the small cut at the side of her lips, "I have heard everything from Aryan. Being just a kid, he too got scared witnessing whatever happened. It's not good for a five year old kid either."

Neha nodded gulping a lump. Tears started forming in her eyes, "I know."

"Panchu thinks it's a nightmare after getting up from her sleep today morning." She added.

"That's good for her, Neha. What can we even expect for a five year kid? She liberally witnessed her father hitting her mother. Neha, it can affect her mental health too, you need to look after this." Sanjana informed, as she too was concerned about Neha and Panchali.

They were staying for six years in the same neighborhood and Sanjana and Neha bonded quite well, more like sisters than friends.

Sanjana was well aware about everything of Neha's life. And she knew quite well the reason behind whatever catastrophe happened yesterday.

"Sanjana, you know Abhijeet noved out yesterday at night in anger after everything that happened. And since then, he didn't return and I-" Neha couldn't complete as Sanjana questioned her.

"Neha, is that your worry carrying your words for that man?" Sanjana asked, being taken aback.

"Sanjana, you don't understand. He went out in anger and I am worrying because he didn't return the whole night. And now, I am going to his office." Neha replied.

"With his breakfast?" Sanjana asked, noticing the tiffin in Neha's hands, who nodded.

"You should go now, Sanjana. The kids are getting late." Neha assured Sanjana, who nodded unwillingly and went towards their car.

Neha walked to the main road as they had only one car for the penthouse, which Abhijeet already took.

She got up in an auto-rickshaw, going to her husband's office. She was somewhat sure that he would be in his office at that time.

Reaching there after quite a time, Neha went to the 20th floor of her husband's cabin, who was apparently the Managing Director of the Rathore Industries.

She was about to open the door when a certain sound from inside made her heart skip a beat.

Neha leaned a more towards the door to ensure once more, hoping what she heard to be wrong.

But it was purely a moaning sound coming from inside. It was as if...

She shut her thoughts, shaking her head vigorously.

No.. No.. No.. Whatever it may be, her Abhijeet could never cheat on her.

She refused to believe but her mind instructed her to open the latch of the door. She held the knob and bent it down, slowly opening the door.

And once again she felt her world crashing down witnessing the scene. Her lips parted open, while her breath stuck inside her chest.

A lone tear slipped from her eyes as Neha stumbled back, holding the door frame to refrain herself from falling hard on the ground.

However the tiffin box fell down from her hands, creating a loud echo in the cabin, startling her husband who was apparently engaged in the most inappropriate position with his female secretary.

Greetings Loveliest Readers,

Ahh yes... Finally this chapter ended... It was the longest chapter I have written till date, carrying 7579 words.

Let me know your thoughts about the chapter.

I know it's too long and I wanted it to be in two different parts but just couldn't do that.

Well, I took three days to write this chapter full, by taking out sometime from my daily schedule.

VOTE • COMMENT

Thanking You,
Hiya

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

Unwanted Bride بواسطة

التاريخية

4.7K 247 8
Another Karna and Draupadi's fanfiction. A very different story from the one we already know. This is purely my imagination and doesn't intend to...
65.8K 3K 47
~ An Unique Wedding ~ • Book 1 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY • Pandavas, the demi-gods, five most powerful warriors in the whole world faced a lot of h...
248K 16.1K 142
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...
45.2K 2.5K 18
After a major heartbreak which made her too afraid to love again, Aarohi unexpectedly falls into the era of Mahabharata. She alternates between the p...