Our Entangled Hearts.

Por cara__writes

They were best friends once, always with each other. An accident, that changed their lives forever. She was... Mais

INTRODUCTION
PROLOGUE
1. BACK TO JAIPUR
2. IRA
3. STILL THE SAME
4. YES MAM
5. BLOODY LOWLIVES
6. TEN YEARS AGO
7. THE PAST
8. HER OWN HOME
9. PEACHES
TELL ME
10. A CATALYST
11. DATE
12. DEPARTURE
13. MY WIFE
14. NANI GHAR
15. YOU.
16. I WON.
17. GAME
18. DARE
19. SUNSHINE
20. CHOCOLATE
21. I DO
22. SORRY
23. FOREVER
24. BITS AND PIECES
25. MELTED
26. MATCH
27. I'M YOURS
28. TAINTED
29. PEACE
30. SLEEP
JUST ME RANTING
31. PSYCHOPATH

32. ENGAGEMENT

1.3K 154 22
Por cara__writes

Adhira's POV

To say I'm happy would be a major understatement. I've been high on dopamine since this morning and after his not so simple proposal, I'm on the verge of an overdose.

I'm still stunned by the amount of red I'm seeing around us and it explains why he cancelled red from my list of lehenga colours. If I wore it then I would've blended with the venue.

But that's not the point, the point is that I clearly remember telling him to keep it simple and if this is simple in his dictionary then I'm really afraid I might get scared by the wedding. It's all too much, but I know he won't budge on this.

I've seen the glimpses of the past Shiv these past few days and I'm not saying it because I miss that one but only because it's good to reminisce with him. There has been more than a shadow of the eighteen year old Shiv these past few days.

" Here, your food. " I heard Arvil speak as he landed on the chair beside us. The caterers arrived just behind him with the trays of food and settled them on the table.

I looked over them once and I knew he had changed nothing from the menu I had sent to him.

He took my clutch and settled it on the table before twisting my chair to face his. " What are you doing? "

" You've looked at them enough, now I need my fair share of your attention. " He grumbled and a smile formed on my face, " You're going to have it for the rest of your life. "

Even thinking about it makes me giddy.

" That's good but I'd like to start now. Got any problem with that? " He asked and I shook my head, " Nah, how dare I? Continue... continue "

After a minute of what seemed like an eternity but also only a second, I finally succumbed to my awkwardness, " Am I supposed to just look at you? "

" Well I'll be happy with that but you need food. It's tiring to smile at everyone all day. " He said and I saw him placing all my favourites on the plate.

" It's not, I'm happy. " I said, not even a bit of a lie in my words, I can't stop this smile even if I want to and to be honest, I don't want to.
" So am I. " He said and I squinted at him.

" Then why don't I see you smiling at anyone? " I asked, only because I wanted to tease him and he understood, " That's because, as I said, it's tiring to smile at everyone all day. "

" I think you're smiling right now. " I remarked about the ghost of a smile lifting his mouth, as it soon turned to an actual one, " I said everyone, not you. "

" I don't come in everyone? "
" You don't, I could smile at you till the day I die. " He said and my hand went to his mouth of its own accord, " Don't speak nonsense. "
" Alright alright, let's eat now. "

I had thought that the plate he had arranged was for me but when I tried to take it from him he took it back, " What are you doing? "

" That's what I should be asking. " He asked, his eyebrows raised in a smirking way I could never do.
" I'm taking the plate, to have food, as you just suggested. "

" I said having it, not having it yourself. " He said and I scoffed, " Don't tell me you are going to feed me. "
" I am. "

My eyes widened as I stared at him, " You're not serious are you? "
" Do I look like I'm not? "

I looked at his face, trying to find any inkling of anything that might indicate he's kidding but I found none.

" You have your answer. " He shrugged and mixed the rice before lifting the spoon, which I stopped before it got any higher.

" There are guests around. " I said, hoping to remind him that we weren't alone in case he had forgotten.

" So? I'm letting them know who they've been ogling all day. " He said and that's when realisation hit me.

" You're jealous. " I stated and he gave me an extra fake surprised look, " No thanks for stating the obvious. "

" You do know they are here for us right? " I told him trying to gauge if he knew why they were here for, which apparently he did.
" I do. "

" And that means they'll look. " I don't even know why I'm having this conversation. He is the smartest person you could find in this room, after me, and he's behaving like a child.

" I know. " He nodded and I asked, " Then? "
" Then what? "
" What's the problem? "

" Just because I know why they are staring doesn't mean I like it. " Oh god, how did I not realise he was this territorial. It only makes him more adorable.

" You're doing this to make a statement? " I asked, with a smile too wide on my face.
" No, I'm doing this to give them a chance before I take it from them. "

" You are too much. " Even though I said it, I liked it. I love all he is.

" Whatever I am, you'll be having all of it."
" I will? "
" Yes, now open your mouth. "

I did, but only because I was speechless and genuinely tired to eat myself, he was only helping. While my emotions are still high and my heart can't stop fluttering since the moment I laid eyes on him, my body is tired now. The dress is heavy and while I want to say I'm full of energy, I know myself that I'm not. It's a good thing that we're almost at the end of the function and I'll finally be able to remove this dress. It weighs almost as much as me.

Yeah if almost means 40kg less.

Oh shut up. It at the very least weighs more than fifty kilos.
Yup if you ignore the zero on the right.

Forget it.

I ate and made him eat some on his own too before I was full. I looked around as the waiters cleaned up the dishes and waited for the dessert. It didn't arrive even after whole 5 minutes and that us super weird.

" Is something wrong? " I asked Shiv who frowned before looking around us and then finally at me.

" Why do you think so? Are you okay? " He lifted my arm and almost got up to check if I was injured somewhere. Yeah someone stabbed me while I sat beside him. As if.

" Yeah of course. But they didn't bring the dessert yet. Shouldn't it be here by now? "

I told him as I looked around us to see not a single person serving dessert to anyone, not just our table, even our parent's table had none.

" You can't eat dessert. " He said aa if that's the correct response to what I asked.
" But you can. And they can too. " I said as I gestured to our friends and only then I noticed their strange smiles.

" What's wrong? " I asked no one in particular and when it was clear that no one was answering me, I turned to Saloni.
" You tell me. Or I'm revoking our friendship rights. " I threatened but from the way her face brightened, she had been waiting for this moment.

" There's no dessert. " She said and I didn't understand her.
" For me. I get it. But what about other people? " I asked and she looked at my man before she cried, " There's none Siya. "

" You mean......there's nothing sweet? "
She shook her head and I could see how much she didn't like it, she likes sweets as much as I did, if not more.

I turned to Shiv, " How? I clearly added three to the menu. Did they make a mistake? Did something happen? "

I asked him because I vividly remember drooling over those sweets and regretting not having the chance to try them.

" Your man happened. " Saloni whined from the side and I paused, " huh? "

" He removed everything sweet from the menu. " She muttered as if this was what she had been dying to tell me since the morning. And I guess it was because I've lost count of the number of times I have seen that miserable face since morning. I just assumed it was due to her period.

" Why? " I asked Shiv this time and he answered without even wasting a second, " Because you can't eat it. "
" So? "
" So no one can. " He said as if it was simple, it isn't okay. If my ears haven't failed me yet, then he meant no can eat sweets because I can't.

" You mean if I can't then no one can? " I asked again just so I could verify if my ears are faulty or my brain.
" Of course, they are here for you, why should they have something you can't? "

Turns out none because it's my man who's gotten crazy.

" You can't just take out dessert from a meal. " I said to him and it hurt me to state the obvious. But he just shrugged, he fuckin' shrugged, " I just did that sunshine. "

" Urghhh " I knew by now he isn't someone I can confront on this, so I turned to the next sane person I know, " Rish, how did you not stop him? "

" I agree with him on that. It's your engagement, and everyone should only have what you can.It makes no sense to have sweets on the menu if the bride can't have them. "

Oh god, not him too. I never knew he and Shiv were this coordinated, and it's like......wait, did he just say-

" I'm not a bride yet. " I told him and I heard Saloni snicker from our side, " That's what you heard? "

Oops, going off topic Siya.

" I mean, yeah you shouldn't have supported him. " I chided but he too just shrugged, goddamn, I'm going to break someone's shoulder if I see someone doing it again.

" Well I did, hone wali bhabhi. So there's that. " He said and I don't think even the makeup could hide me blushing cheeks and even if they did, my ears would be a dead give away from the way I can feel them heating.

' To be sister in law. '

I ignored him and looked at our table to see two people laid on their seats, only short of popcorn, enjoying a picture.
So I called them, " Sarthak, Akhil would make some arrangements? At least get some ice cream for the guests. "

It'll be a disaster for someone like me to have people leaving without even sweetening their mouths.

" I agree with Ansh-" Sarthak started and before I could think of murdering someone, Akhil stopped him, " We'll get it. "
I heard Sarthak scoff before he went off with Akhil, leaving me with two groups of people. One who is totally fine with what my man did, and another who wants sweets as much as normal people do.

.

" Thank you so much for coming. " I said to the last person I had wanted to come, and yeah the ones who were at my home. They are leaving, finally and not just the palace but the city too. I can finally have my house to myself.

" Let the smile fall sunshine, everyone's gone. " He whispered near my ear and I shivered, not due to cold or anything but just him. All him.

I barely got time to behold him and now that almost everyone is gone, I can ogle him all I want. He's not the only one who noticed people staring at him. I too noticed plenty of wishful gazes on him but they don't matter. They'll remain wishful for all their lives because this man right before me is mine for this life and every other we will be having.

His sherwani matched my lehnga and the watch on his wrist matched the one on mine. I got it for us, of course they'll match. The thing is I hadn't shown him it when I called him and for him to wear exactly this one from the hoards of collection he has, means only one thing, he knew I'll be wearing it. Either I have a traitor by my side or he really knows me too well.

I choose second option.
Me too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another one is here.
Remember to vote and comment ❤

~Author🌹

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

77.2K 2.8K 33
When Cecilia wakes up in a wattpad fantasy novel she's dumbstruck. Knowing the future of her character she tries to be on the good side of King Jaspe...
632K 33.9K 79
People say love destroys friendship and one shouldn't fall in love with their best friend, unknown of the fact that if it works out you'll have your...
27.8K 2.3K 27
Two souls, deeply in love! But destiny had it's own plans. Their lives were played with, in the worst way possible. After nearly 6 years, Destiny...