May Soul Dissonance Bow Befor...

By QueenSpiderRider_QSR

Dissonance. Defined as a lack of harmony among or between people or things. It can be reduced by changing ex... More

Author's Note & Character List
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178
Chapter 179

Chapter 115

725 51 5
By QueenSpiderRider_QSR

“But Goddess-nim, won't they get caught… there are many black mages up there and the Imperial Prince too…” TBOAH!Obante questioned – he was still anxious about it, it could not be helped.
Grigori took a moment to comfort TBOAH!Rex and TBOAH!Rei before raising her gaze to look at TBOAH!Obante with a gentle and reassuring smile upon her face.
“Everything will be alright… just keep watching.” She promised and then lowered her gaze again to serenely continue monitoring both TBOAH!Rex and TBOAH!Rei's conditions.

Cale’s body started to float up. Raon was using flight magic on him. He quickly held Sir Rex in his arms and slowly reached the ceiling of the underground hall. Cale was at the same level as Adin now. He could see that Adin’s injury by his heart had healed, but that he was still missing a leg. He still looked fine.

“So, you really did manage to injure him…” TBOAH!Alberu muttered. He had a very pensive expression on his face which told TCF!Alberu that he was considering something very seriously, TCF!Alberu decided, after seeing this, that there was still hope for his counterpart.
“But can dead mana really heal a black mage like that?” TBOAH!Lock questioned feeling uncomfortable at the thought that even an injury to the heart could be healed – it was actually unfair if that were true.

“Something is strange, he feels different somehow.” TBOAH!Choi Han whispered pensively.
“Good that you noticed… Keep watching and learn something.” TCF!Choi Han ordered his stubborn counterpart. Although it was pretty obvious that he was emulating Cale, his expression and tone lacked the indifference that Cale used whenever he said similar things. However the message was carried well enough and TBOAH!Choi Han begrudgingly returned his attention to the Palantír and focused on the record once more.

– Human, he does seem to be a black mage! But something is weird. He’s full of vitality! How did he heal? Something is definitely weird!
Adin started to speak as the information Raon just said was quickly moving through Cale’s mind.

The Palantír continued with Adin questioning a rumour about Cale being dead. Immediately, Cale turned toward TCF!Alberu and gave him a deadpan frown, a long scowling moment of silence passed between them before Cale turned away again.

The knight beside Adin replied that such a rumour had been started in the North. Adin appeared to be listening to this nonsenses while sipping the dead mana as if it really were wine before he responded casually that the rumour was a lie. 

Adin looked out in front of him. Although he couldn’t see it, Cale was making eye contact with him right now.
“There is no way that Cale Henituse would die that easily.”
Adin confidently shook his head as if he didn’t even need to think about it. He slowly closed his eyes as if he was feeling the dead mana roaring inside of him before opening them back up.

He seemed completely relaxed as he confidently added on.
“I’m sure that he is at least hurt since the airship is said to have exploded. That is probably why Alberu Crossman pulled out this drastic card of saying Cale Henituse is dead in order to buy some time for him to heal.”

Cale barely managed to prevent himself from laughing.
‘I’m not hurt. I’m completely fine.’
“We need to hit the Roan Kingdom before he heals. We need to shake it up. We need to shake this board up. Then I’m sure that they’ll forget about the black magic incidents. Although a lot of people will die.”

“As if we'd let that happen!” TCF!Rosalyn clicked her tongue. Cale agreed with her, he now had full confidence that even if he were occupied somewhere else, unlike the Wind Island Test, his family and friends were not going to get hurt anymore – they were all much stronger than back then too.

Cale was now confident that they knew how to protect themselves and how to retreat when the situation called for it – he taught them and they learnt it all well from him.

Adin had his gentle smile on his face as he shrugged his shoulders to his trusted subordinates in order to say that it was sad but that there was nothing he could do about it.

“This dumb bastard still thought he had a chance back then…” Cale mumbled, his glare as he looked at Adin's smug face was full of venom and disgust. Unlike the present him seated in the Palantír Hall, the expression on the Cale within the Palantír was different. That Cale was smiling right in front of Adin – the Palantír was blatantly showing it to everyone in the hall.

‘Hey bastard, you’re the one who is going to kick the bucket soon enough. You don’t have time to worry about others right now.’

“Angry Hyung-nim is really different from what I imagined.” TCF!Basen thought to himself while thinking back to the time Cale had said he would go to the underground prison to interrogate Clopeh after the Henituse War. TCF!Basen had made many incorrect assumptions about his brother back then, but that didn't matter now because he had been given this opportunity to learn about and understand his big brother in a very unique and invasive way.

<Chapter 322: Falling (1)>
“Your highness, when are you thinking about hitting the Roan Kingdom? We will probably start with the Gyerre territory, right?”

“Hah… unbelievable!! These bastards wanted to pick a fight with Antonio and Sonata Gyerre first… They must have really wanted to die!” TCF!Alberu gleefully tried to contain his devious delight. He just barely managed to turn his smile into a rueful expression when TBOAH!Alberu spoke up to question something that had been bothering him for some time now.

“Didn’t the Gyerre Household follow the Third Prince?” he asked.
TCF!Alberu smiled blindingly – radiant even in his Dark Elf form if anyone asked Cale's opinion – and then he gestured to Cale. TBOAH!Alberu and TBOAH!Zed gawked in surprise, their jaws hanging ajar in disbelief. Cale, or rather his antics to pull of crazy and seemingly impossible miracles, had once again rendered the Crossman duo from the TBOAH!World speechless.

TCF!Zed avoided all other gazes that turned to look his way – he didn't want to admit it, but Cale and his son were far more capable of keeping the Kingdom in check then he was - he'd become lax and unaware of too many things during his time as King of Roan. Luckily now the mantle was upon the shoulders of someone far more capable than him, someone who obviously loved Roan, even to the point of turning her into the strongest and only empire on the continent.  

‘Aigoo.’
Cale shook his head side to side at the things the knight was saying to Adin.
– Human! That knight and the Imperial Prince have such unbelievable thoughts!
‘That’s exactly how I feel.’

Cale approached Adin a little more.
– Human, human! I am thoroughly observing the inside of this terrace. Just trust me.

The Palantír revealed that unlike normal terraces, this terrace was divided up on the inside with glass and Cale was busy observing Adin who was on the other side of the glass. While Cale was observing him, he noticed that something was weird. In the same way, several people in the Palantír Hall noticed and gossipped about it too. 

Adin’s complexion was oddly too good.

The Imperial doctor refilled the wine glass with more dead mana as he asked Adin something completely unexpected. He asked him who Adin intended to send to the Eastern continent. This confused not only Cale on the Palantír, but many other people all around the hall once more. Adin replied that he was “not so sure” about it, but he had an odd smile on his face that made the young ones around the Palantír Hall uncomfortable.

One of the knights who was looking at him asked in a concerned voice, “Are you planning on going yourself, your highness? Aren’t the injuries left by that sword master still there?”
The injuries left by the sword master. He was talking about the injuries Choi Han left on Adin.
“Ah, this?” Adin pointed to his chest. His skin looked smooth without even the smallest of scars.
“Yes, your highness. I’ve heard that his aura’s attribute is quite tough and that it was difficult to heal. Although I’m certain that you will overcome it, this lowly fool cannot help but worry.”

TBOAH!Choi Han felt anxious as he raised his head to examine Adin on the Palantír and grasp what his counterpart told him to understand and learn about – so far there seemed to be nothing of relevance or of importance to him, so he'd only been paying half a mind to the scene, now however because the record was talking about TCF!Choi Han, TBOAH!Choi Han paid close attention.

The knight stopped talking. It was because Adin was smirking. It was different than his usual smile that made him look like a good guy. It was clearly a sneer.
“That sword master, Choi Han’s attribute is indeed quite tough.”
Adin took another sip of dead mana. He did not feel any pain. He didn’t feel anything at all. He just calmly assessed Choi Han’s strength.
“But he’s only half-complete.”

TBOAH!Choi Han grit his teeth and clenched his fists with anger. Although it was both the truth and an insult, he did not think that his counterpart would be so cruel as to mock him and his own past self by poking at their inadequacy and their incomplete aura. TBOAH!Choi Han opened his mouth to speak to TCF!Choi Han before suddenly snapping his mouth shut as his eyes went wide.

His mind suddenly recalled TCF!Choi Han's sparkling black aura that felt different from his own.
“Attribute…” TBOAH!Choi Han gulped and placed a hand over his mouth as he began to frown and concentrate. His mind was working frantically to connect the dots.

TCF!Choi Han watched him closely and then glanced toward Cale who was sitting a few feet away. Although TCF!Choi Han did not like TBOAH!Choi Han because TBOAH!Choi Han was callous, reckless, and more cruel than himself. He also did not like TBOAH!Choi Han because he did not treat the people around him like they were family, he treated them like colleagues and kept them at a distance – maybe because he was afraid of losing them.

Either way, TBOAH!Choi Han seemed to have disregarded the possibility that the people around him could fill the void in his heart and that he could find a home and peace among them. He was just so full of anger and rage at the cruelty and the unfairness of this world that he was willing to make the whole world his enemy in order to prove that he was the only one being treated unfairly. In TCF!Choi Han's eyes it was all bullshit, but he felt that perhaps because TBOAH!Choi Han had lived 18 more years in the TBOAH!World than he had in the TCF!Wolrd, maybe TBOAH!Choi Han felt obligated to be bitter about everything - growing old must have made him cranky and senile.

Regardless, Cale had gently gestured to TCF!Choi Han earlier for him to go easy on his angry older counterpart, so TCF!Choi Han was willing to be as minimally cordial with TBOAH!Choi Han as he possibly could. As someone who had mocked his liege, TCF!Choi Han was only willing to offer him this much attention and regard.

Grigori decided to once again ignore the rift between the pair of Choi Han seated in her hall and focused instead on TBOAH!Rex and TBOAH!Rei who were a lot calmer now that the corpses and skeletons were no longer being displayed by her Palantír. She took a moment to consider something and then sighed under her breath and nodded for Naur to continue.

The scene on the Palantír changed – the record where Raon and Cale discovered what attribute Adin gained was redacted. All information they had earned about the White Radish by eavesdropping on Adin was also redacted. Instead it showed the instructions Cale gave to everyone about finding all the exits for the next two days and then announcing that they would begin their plan three nights from then.

Later that night. There were people stealthily moving through the Empire’s capital’s slums. There were small orbs in each of their arms. They were the video recording orbs. These orbs were the ones with the recording that Cale’s group had taken all day.

‘I am putting my life on the line for this operation.’
They were all thinking about how Rex, whose forehead injury had opened up again and was bleeding, told them about what to do without even wiping his blood away.

“Oh dear… Rex picked up on Cale-nyaa's bad habit of not wiping his blood away!” TCF!Hong exclaimed to his sister. TCF!Ohn huffed and turned to look at Cale.
“Bad Cale… you taught him a bad thing!”
“I didn't teach him that!” Cale protested and TCF!Ohn and TCF!Hong huffed and pouted and dramatically turned away from their guardian while pretending to be upset with him.

Rex’s eyes had been completely bloodshot. The eyes of the people dispersing around the slums with the orbs in their arms were similarly bloodshot as well. They had all been forced to send their siblings, families, and neighbours to the Alchemists’ Bell Tower.
‘Nothing can go wrong during this operation. I won’t accept it.’
Rex’s pressing voice was almost branded into their minds.

TBOAH!Rex recognized some of the faces on the Palantír. He understood what they were trying to do and he wondered if he could have also rallied the people for his cause like his counterpart had done. A part of him doubted that he could have done it as smoothly as TCF!Rex had, but a large part of him thumped with hope, clamouring noisily with ‘what if’ exclamations full of longing and hopefulness.

There were soldiers and knights walking around the capital during the night. However, there were not many knights or soldiers patrolling the slums. This was because there were no lights or lamps in the dark slums, making them have no reason to patrol.

A person with an orb knocked on a door. Others went into caves that were secretly built in the slums. Some of them ran to their families. There were no lights in the dark slums. However, during this night… The slums were covered with silent anger and cries.

“You showed them…” TBOAH!Rei gasped with trepidation and an emotion that was somewhere mixed between sorrow and relief overflowing from his heart.  
“Yes, we showed them, we had to show them, they had to know.” TCF!Rex assured both his counterpart and TBOAH!Rei with a sympathetic smile of understanding.
“Since all the information about the war was blocked, no one knew what was going on, they didn't even know that the Empire had lost the second battle for Maple Castle.” TCF!Rei added to remind them that the Empire had really cut off all outside communication.

The Palantír began to show what happened the next day.

“Hello there.”
The guard standing outside the Alchemists’ Bell Tower looked toward the person who came up to the door with an odd expression.
“What is it?”
He could see a man wearing shabby but clean clothes smiling at him. The guard was concerned more about the bloodshot eyes than the respectful smile, but he motioned with his chin for the man to state his business.
The man bowed respectfully before starting to speak, “I came to meet my older brother.”
“Older brother? An alchemist?”

‘His outfit looks too shabby to be the younger brother of an alchemist.’
The man smiled and responded back as the guard’s expression revealed his suspicion.
“Yes sir. My brother Honte went into the Alchemists’ Bell Tower fifteen years ago.”
Honte. That name made the guard’s eyes start to shake. The Alchemists’ Bell Tower’s Tower Master’s disciple, Honte.
‘…But he’s dead?’

Since there seemed to be quite a bit of confusion regarding Honte’s death among the audience of the Palantír Hall, Grigori gestured for the Palantír to pause, so she could explain.
“Honte was one of the children of the slums in the past and was brought into the Alchemists' Bell Tower to be experimented. He was one of the most successful experiment out of all the children brought in and made his first appearance during the battle with the Empire and the Whipper Kingdom. He introduced himself as the disciple of the Tower Master and meets Cale-hyung. At that moment, Raon noticed while observing Honte was that he seems to be dead since there was no life coming from his body. It was later revealed that the real Honte was already dead and he was used as Bernard's body. During the battle where Cale-hyung reveals he can use his Ancient Power to purify dead mana and black despair Bernard came out of Honte and the body eventually self-destructed causing an explosion.”

Everyone needed to take a few minutes to digest this information – it seemed a lot of things had not been shown by the Palantír – perhaps this was due to the will of the Goddess or maybe it was simply that the Goddess did not deem the information to be vital to them when she could just explain it like this when she needed to. Although they would have preferred to see the scene for themselves, no one asked for permission to do so, and thus Naur took that as sign for the record to continue.

The guard watched the other guard urgently rush into the building before looking back at the man. He then got the chills after looking past that man’s shoulders. There were many people wearing clean but shabby clothes heading toward the Alchemists’ Bell Tower.

There were at least ten people. They ranged in ages as well. They all smiled and started to speak.
“I wish to meet my younger sibling.”
“I wish to meet my older sister.”
“I wish to see my son and daughter. Is that allowed?”

Fifteen years ago. There were many people fifteen years ago who had come to see their children who were left with the Alchemists’ Bell Tower. They had always sent them back with excuses. They sent them back while saying things like, ‘are you really going to be the chains on your siblings or children’s ankles and drag them down when they are finally living a better life?’

“That might have worked in the past, but now that their family members know the truth don't think they will let you bastards off the hook and be placated with those lies ever again!” Rok Soo commented in his mind with a snarky expression on his face. Anyone who looked at him right now would think he was acting like a trashy thug and trying to pick a fight with someone, however that was far from the truth.

However, there had never been a time when so many of them had shown up at once.
‘Well, I guess around ten isn’t that many.’
The guards looked past the people who were approaching the tower. There were many citizens looking at the tower and whispering to each other. They were curious about what was going on. That was why the guard was unable to see it. He couldn’t see the bloodshot eyes or the puffy faces of the people who came to seek their family members, nor their tightly clenched fists that were contrary to their smiling faces. Cale was watching this from far away.

Kim Rok Soo was actually, or perhaps more surprisingly, calm right now. Because he knew that Cale had already taken care of everything. He was only expressing his annoyance like this because there were so many of these matters that Cale had to attend to even though these were things that Rok Soo, during his time as Cale Henituse of the TBOAH!World, had not known about.

“Cale really is such a busy-body!” Rok Soo sighed and chuckled to himself as he relaxed his expression and then idly reached out to pet the two kittens in Cale's lap.

– Human! Rosalyn says she’ll be here soon! All of the Dark Elves are coming as well! Clopeh also said that the Holy Knights will be arriving soon as well!

“Wait… what Holy Knights?” TBOAH!Tasha asked with mild concern.
Cale sighed and answered her, “Don't worry… they're not actual Holy Knights… Clopeh is a really delusional bastard.”
“He believes Cale-hyung is a god… so,”  Grigori politely explains with an innocent and charming smile that momentarily distracts everyone from processing her actual words.

Cale looked toward the Bell Tower that was the tallest building on the Western continent and started to speak.
“It’s finally starting.”
There was only a day and a half left until the start of the battle.

“Ahem… now then… let me explain again… Two days later at night, Cale and his group begin the Battle of the Capital of the Mogoru Empire. The airship casts the footage of the Mogoru Empire's atrocities while Rex's group evacuates the citizens, Rosalyn's group destroys the castle walls so the citizens could run away safely, and Cale's group infiltrated the Alchemists' Bell Tower.” Grigori stared at TCF!Rei and TCF!Rex before turning her gaze to their counterparts.

“Even though Sir Bernard – the Emperor's Guardian Sword reveals himself to be the true Tower Master and a Lich, you all still succeed thanks to the help and co-operation of many people who work together. After the battle funerals are held for all those who died in the Alchemists' Bell Tower.”
Hearing all this, TBOAH!Rex and TBOAH!Rei bow their heads and cover their faces as they weep. They mourn and grieve for failing to do the same for their people during their timelines, but their tears are also tears of gratitude and gratefulness that their counterparts had been braver and stronger than them and were thus able to achieve what they could not.

“Before I take you to be healed, I would like for you to watch a different portion of the battle, this record pertains to Jack and Hannah.” Grigori explains turning away from TBOAH!Rex and TBOAH!Rei to address the rest of the hall. She left their side and made her way back to the front of the hall.
“To give everyone a better understanding of Jack and Hannah's situation I should explain some details about them first.” She waits for TCF!Hannah's nod of permission.

Smiling softly when she received TCF!Jack and TCF!Hannah's permission, Grigori calmly began to tell a story that no one from the TBOAH!World knew about.
“Hannah and her brother were proclaimed by the Church of the Sun God to have been born with divine abilities, and were forced to live as the Saint and Holy Maiden. However the truth was that Jack was only born with half of the divine abilities and Hannah had none. Since she was talented with the sword, she was raised as a swordsman. However, thanks to the help of Cale-hyung it was revealed that the twins were indeed the Saint and the Holy Maiden chosen by the Sun God. With unmatched Divine Healing power being granted to Jack and Light aura to Hannah, they truly are the Holy Twins. Regardless of which timeline they belong to.” Grigori paused for a moment and then clasped her hands in front of her.

She straightened her back as her gaze turned sharp when she read the minds of a handful of stubborn fools among her guests.
“Allow me to continue… I will give you some information about the old Church of the Sun God…” she said, specifically addressing the matter at it's core.
“As the official religion of the Caro Kingdom and Mogoru Empire for hundreds of years. The Church of the Sun God has been around longer than the Empire, this was because the Sun God had existed for much longer than the Empire. The Vatican is its capital and the Condemnation of the Sun, was the divine item which formerly belonged to it. And before anyone starts throwing around groundless accusations, Emperor Alberu received the Sun God's other divine item that was left behind for him a very long time ago.”
The chatter quietened down when she gestured for them to settle, so she could continue her explanation.

“The former pope of the Mogoru Empire's Church of the Sun God was extremely greedy and died in the magic bomb terror incident. Jack, the Holy Saint and Hannah, the Holy Maiden, used to be part of the Church of the Sun God. During the celebration of the Church of the Sun God, Arm used dead mana bombs. And because of the cooperation between the Mogoru Empire and Arm, the Empire hid this fact. They blamed the holy twins and declared them as terrorists.”

Grigori revealed the truth of that incident to everyone seated in her Palantír Hall. 
“After escaping from Mogoru, Hannah and Jack contacted Litana to ask for help.”  
“That’s right, we had been in contact before…”  Litana explained that it was TCF!Hannah and TCF!Jack who had reached out to tell her that Adin and the Empire were responsible for the Jungle Fire.
Grigori nodded and continued, “They then secretly travelled to the Path of No Return to meet with the Queen of the Jungle. Before meeting Litana, they encountered Cale who gave them potions for Hannah and then later brought Mary to heal her.”

“So it really was actually Adin and the Empire that killed the former Pope…” TBOAH!Alberu mumbled, he had felt there was something suspicious about it, but since the matter involved the Church of the Sun God who hated Dark Elves he had chosen not to investigate the matter. Just like TBOAH!Alberu the others in the room were also silently discussing the information they had just received from the Goddess. TCF!Hannah and TCF!Jack sat calmly, ignoring the stares of consideration and questions that were being directed toward them. TBOAH!Hannah and TBOAH!Jack however, were not so comfortable with being subjected to everyone's curious scrutiny. Grigori took that as her cue and continued addressing the Palantír Hall.

“Next let's talk about the real Holy Maiden. The real holy maiden was imprisoned in the tower behind the Vatican's garden and was called a heretic, although only the leaders know the truth behind this. She had tried to reveal the church's wrongdoings but failed to do so, and ended up living a terrible life on the 15th floor of the tower forever. Jack and Hannah were taught by the Pope to believe that they would lead a pitiful life if they acted like the Holy Maiden…” Grigori stopped and a pained expression of sadness passed over her features. She then let out a weary sigh and shook her head.

“In order to escape the Church who planned to use and throw them away, Hannah, who was approached by Arm, accepted their help—”
“Of course, those bastards were no better, they used and betrayed us too!” TCF!Hannah was quick to speak up when she saw TBOAH!Jack turn wide-eyed and stare at his silent sister. The fact that TBOAH!Jack seemed to have forgotten that it was mentioned earlier that Hannah had been part of Arm was a little amusing to Grigori, but she kept her thoughts to herself and gave everyone a chance to talk amongst themselves and come to some sort of calm again before the next record began.

< Chapter 328: Shining (3)>
Rex started to speak, “Just one thing. We have one request.”
Rex looked forward. “We wish to shake hands with the Tower Master.”
Sir Rex continued to speak, “Is that possible?”

“Ho!” TBOAH!Ron commented for the first time in a while. He had been following this record without much commentary or thought for a while now simply because it did not pertain to him or his son, but it was still quite interesting to see how the new Puppy Young Master’s plans were flowing and falling seamlessly into place.

“Fine. I will shake your hand if it means everything can be peacefully handled.”
Cale started to speak at that moment, “Go.”
Rex then stepped back. People gasped at that moment. The people in white robes who had been standing on the roofs all jumped down to the plaza and knelt down on one knee. But the people were not gasping about this action.

The top of the Bell Tower. They could see someone slowly descending from there. It was as if the wind was carefully lowering him down. The person’s hood was removed the moment he landed on the ground. The citizens who were in shock could hear the people in white robes start to shout.
“We greet the Saint-nim!”

“Ahhh! What an entrance!!” Rok Soo praised with flourish. TCF!Jack felt his cheeks grow warm and tried patting them to cool them. He was embarrassed and flustered to receive such genuine praise from someone who actually had been in contact with a god too.
“Of course, when that bastard came in too he made quite the impression, so we had to do our own one as well!” Cale commented with a grin. Meanwhile on the Palantír the Saint Jack started to walk.

The unique divine healing powers of the Saint of the Sun God started to come out of his body.
“S, Saint-nim.” Some of the citizens subconsciously clasped their hands together.

Cale barely stopped himself from frowning as the gesture on the Palantír made him think of Clopeh Sekka. He shuddered and tried to blot the thought out of his mind, once more feeling relieved that the Goddess had not brought him here.

They could feel the warm power surrounding them. It helped loosen their muscles that had been tense with anxiety and uncertainty. It was a bright and holy light that was different than the torches that were lighting up the dark night. It was the healing power that they had forgotten about. The expressions on the faces of the Empire’s citizens changed.

TCF!Jack looked toward his sister and then realized something surprising that hadn't occurred to him before now. There were many people around him who had been in contact with a god at some point or other, even now they were all here sitting watching the records of their world with a goddess – he was not alone anymore. He looked toward TCF!Cage who was happily smiling at her counterpart and chatting quietly with Taylor and felt his body relax again.
“Hannah and I really aren't alone anymore…”  

Sir Rex started to speak again, “It is the Saint-nim who will be shaking hands with the Tower Master-nim.”
The citizens looked at Jack and the Tower Master even after hearing this unexpected development.

TCF!Alberu and Cale had matching smiles of mischief on their faces. Grigori feigned ignorance and pretended not to notice it, because she was certain that she was not the test subject they were scheming to scam this time. However, she did pick up TCF!Alberu's necklace again and continue diligently working on it.

Jack stopped walking. There was a flame inside his innocent gaze.
– Little Saint! Do you remember what Cale said?
He could hear Raon’s voice delivering Cale’s message in his mind.
“Tower Master-nim.” Jack reached his hand out. “Can I shake your hand?”

TCF!Jack and TBOAH!Jack shared a look. One who had faced the cold and harsh reality of dying while the other had remained blissfully ignorant of it. TBOAH!Jack suddenly had an epiphany at that moment.
“Our innocence could have been used as a weapon against the enemy. If I tried this… gotten close to him and did this… maybe Hannah wouldn’t have had to die like that!”

The kind of anger that could only have been felt by an older twin who had lost their younger twin due to the schemes and plots of wicked people welled up within TBOAH!Jack. This was how TBOAH!Jack differed from stronger, yet still innocent TCF!Jack. Grigori watched them closely, she felt that TBOAH!Jack had that same anger and desire for vengeance that Angelina had before she became the Sun God – those feelings that had been born from losing her loved ones because of a wicked individual with the Darkness Attribute.

Grigori did not wish for history to repeat itself, so she reached out with her divine power and snuffed out the hatred TBOAH!Jack was harming himself to foster within his body. TBOAH!Jack immediately calmed down and his complexion lightened again. Whatever weight had just barely began to form on his shoulders disappeared too and Grigori swallowed down the sigh of relief that threatened to escape her lips.     
“I truly am a selfish hypocrite…” She chastised herself, but did not bother to give the choice to feel those emotions back to TBOAH!Jack.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 191 11
A good-looking young man was happily getting off work when an accident happened, resulting in the lost of his life. I guess I get to have an early to...
63.2K 3.8K 16
The war with the White Star had finally ended and Cale is living his slacker life at its best along with a little farming here and there. Cale is con...
26.9K 1K 8
in which, cale henituse was a prettiest person to ever exist. forget dragon, even goddess of beauty will never beat him in terms of beauty. but how c...
3.9K 565 59
The secondborn of the well-known tycoons and a masterwork beholden throughout her life. Kim Jangmi, a creation beyond its form and a destruction dres...