84th floor.

By loveforloveandfood

Welcome to the residence of 84th floor. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48

Chapter 4

16 2 0
By loveforloveandfood

Kain

I spend the rest of my day hanging out with Julian, Kai and Rosie by the pool. We head out in the evening for dinner. I call Zara when I get to my bed but her phone is off. She blocked me often so.. I wasn't surprised.

I call Zara but she does not answer her phone the next morning. It was still not going through. I wonder if she was at work or if she was ignoring me pissed with me.

I felt like she played mind games with me and I was worried and scared that she was honestly just going to give into all the attention she gets from men. I over reacted but it was difficult to keep myself in check usually. I often let my emotions get the best of me.

All day Zara just ignored me and I was feeling uneasy. Usually she answers the phone, yells at me to fuck off but she was just gone. She must be really pissed at me.

I walk into the club where Julian, Rosie, Roman and Kai were hanging out in and sit down at their table. Rosie was sat on Julian's lap with her tongue down his throat making me roll my eyes.

"Whats up mopey." Kai says as he bumps my fist and so does Roman as I sit down. Julian comes up for air and I look at him as he nods at me. "Heyyyoooo." He says with his eyes low and I see he had a number of drinks already.

"How are you guys?" I say taking a beer from the table.

"Gooood. How is Zara?" Rosie asks.

"I dont know. Havent seen her since yesterday. Maybe Romeo here knows." I say nodding at Roman who rolled his eyes at me.

"I havent heard from your girlfriend." He says to me.

"She has been MIA. Not answering my calls. Can you call her? Im getting worried."

"Worried?"

"Yeah that she is so pissed off that I blew it." I tell my little brother. He sighs and gets his phone out calling her. "No answer."

My phone rings finally and I look at it seeing it was Zara.

"Hey." I say answering but it was loud as fuck. I could barely hear shit. I hear muffles and then I hear Zara's sobs making me freeze.

"Zara? You okay?" I ask. I get up and try to walk out to a quiet spot. "Zara?"

"Kain.... Whatever you do... do not come to find me." She says finally.

"Fuck." Someone says behind her. "Look, we want $100 k in cash or your girls dead. Dont call the police pretty boy because she wont be okay."

"Who the fuck are you?" I say feeling the panick. My stomach dropped and I run back into the club finding my friends.

"Fuck..." I say as they hang up.

"Whats wrong?" Roman asks me. "Zara..." I say not sure what else to add on. Felt like I was about to have a panick attack.

"Zara what... Kain?" Rosie says. "What happened?" Roman asks.

"He said he got Zara and is gonna kill her if I do not give them 100k in cash." I say.

"What who?" Roman says confused. "Is this a joke?" He asks.

"I dont know. Someone took the phone. She was crying."

"What the fuck." Julian says confused. "Call the police bro."

"He said he will kill her if I do..."

"Where is the 100k in cash. The banks are closed." Kai says panicking. "Lets get out of here." Julian says.

"Its her scumbag brother I know it." I say as I get in my car. Julian although a little slow and drunk was on his phone trying to trace back the call.

I call my family financial person and request the money. Id pay anything for Zara?

"I cant get that to you that fast." Gretchin tells me. "I can get it to you tomorrow?"

"I need it now. Asap, what the fuck are you not hearing that it is an emergency."

"Its coming from somewhere in Brooklyn." Julian says.

"Ill try myself... give me a minute." Gretchin says sighing. "You can do a cheque instead and I will clear it."

"Okay. Whats the plan? What if he is armed?" Roman asks me as he sat in the backseat.

"That is fine." I say.

"You idiot. You cant involve Younes in this." Roman says as I called my cousin asking for a quick favour and he agreed so fast. My dad would kill me but I had no choice right now.

I send him the address Julian gives me and we drive over and meet him there. "Stay in the car Rosie." I tell her. "And you too." I tell Roman. Id never hear the end of it if he got hurt. My mom would probably kill me?

"Shut up." Roman says. "Youre fucking drunk stay." I tell Julian who was getting out the car. "I swear to fucking God. I do not have time for this." I tell him as he tries to follow me and he just nods. I watch Younes pull up and get out the car with his friend. He opens the boot. "Thanks man." I say and he hands me a gun and I load it up putting it behind my back in my trousers covering it with my shirt.

"So who we dealing with?"

"A low life criminal trying to extort me." I say. I was even angrier because Zara would be devastated her brother did this to her.

I kick the door in of the crappy apartment and hear a scream. "What the fuck." I hear a voice.

"Pretty trust fund baby has more skills than we thought?" The redhead says I saw with Zade. Zara always said she was like a big sister to her and this is what they were doing.

"Where is she?" I ask her as Younes walks in pointing his gun at her head.

I look around the room and follow her into the bedroom.

"Fuck." I mumble seeing Zara on the floor and her brother holding a gun to her head. She was sobbing as she looked at the floor.

"Cash?" Zade says

"This is an all time low. Your own fucking sister?" I say and he chuckles. "My sister knows it no hard feelings... I taught her better than this? To be smart and get what you can?"

I take the gun out and point at him taking the safety clip off. Zara sobs even more.

"Let her go. Ill write you a cheque. Ill give you the 100k right now."

"Let me see you writing pretty boy before this whole thing goes to shit." He says. His eyes looked red, as if has just shot some drugs. He is fucked... and I felt sorry for him almost.

"Here you go..." I say handing him the cheque I pull out of my pocket. "Disappear. Or next time, youre dead." I tell him as Veronica takes the cheque. "Clear." She smiles.

"Sorry sis." Zade says to Zara. "Business is business." He pulls her up and I grab her as he pushes her towards me now pointing the gun at me. Behind me Younes friend comes out and shoots Zade right in the arm and leg, and Veronica screams and so does Zara. Kai pulls the cheque from her hand as she kneels to Zade.

"Lets go..." Younes says to him.

"Next time its your fucking head." I say taking the cheque and throwing it at them. "Make sure these lowlives are never around my girl again." I tell Younes who smiles nodding. "It was getting boring around here." He tells me. I hold Zara and drag her out. She was just sobbing and appeared to have lost consciousness suddenly as he body became heavy. I pick her up and take her outside putting her in the car making Roman and Julian come out.

"What the fuck..." Roman says. I take water bottle and put some on her face to wake her up. She gasps and looks at me.

"Oh my God oh my God..." She says. I sit with her in the back and just hold her. "Its okay... its okay. Im here." I tell her as she holds me tight and cries in my shoulder.

"Lets go home." I say. Rosie sits next to us with Roman squeezing in. I put Zara on my lap as Kai get in the car and drives us with Julian in the passenger seat.

She does not even ask about her brother as she just laid her head on my chest. I take her up to the penthouse and make sure she is okay. I check her for injuries as she just stared out quiet. I run her a bath and peel off the pyjama bottoms she wore and the tank top. She gets in the bath and just stares out.

"Dont leave me..." She says and I nod kneeling down next to her. "Sorry I didnt get to you sooner..."

"I don't want to talk about it right now..." She says as she just stared out. She looked so vulnerable and sad. I wanted to hold her and tell her not to worry. Ill make her smile again.

That night Zara and I got into bed and I just held her all night. I dont think she slept much though. When she did... she became restless and would jump up and realize she was OK.

The next morning... I look at Zara who had finally dozed off. I get out of bed and make her breakfast. Younes texted me that Zade and Veronica have disappeared and they have appeared in a hospital where he was treated for his wounds. He is currently heading down south Texas. I shower and change before slipping back into bed. Zara's eyes flutter open shortly after. She looks at me and her eyes tear up. Zara was very emotional. She cried over a lot of things. Just like me, she struggled to manage her emotions. "Its okay. Youre good." I say and she sits up. She pushes her hair out of face.

"Your brother has gone to Texas..." I tell her and she just stared out.

"I dont have a brother." She says. "He tried to use me to extort money out of you."

"Well yeah..." I say and she shakes her head. "How fucked up... I cant believe he put me in danger..." She sighs.

"And you..." She adds on looking at me. I wasnt stupid, as much as I knew Zara loved me... she probably loved herself more.

"He wouldnt have killed me." She says as she just stares at her white painted nails. Some seemed chipped as if she put up a fight yesterday. Zara loved getting her nails done.

"He would have maybe hurt me to prove a point..."

"Oh yeah." I say and she nods.

"Come on. Lets go have breakfast. I am so fucking done with your brother. Hes been here less than a week." I say and she chuckles. Atleast I got the smile back. "I promise you, when he returns I will know and you will be fine." I tell her. She nods and just wraps her arms around me. "Thank you...."

"Come on lets go eat." I say kissing her head. "I love you."

"I love you." She says as she presses her lips against mine. She pushes me back straddling my lap as her hair falls on to my chest. Her lips parting, her tongue pushes through and I feel like I could burst with the intensity of her touch. Her smell. Her soft skin. I push her back and kiss her hard as if I am scared to let go. As if I am trying to memorize what her lips taste like just in case. I slide off the tshirt of mine she wore and lower my kisses all over her body before spreading her knees.

We take it into the shower and come out and hour later, light headed with the steam, besotted with my girlfriend. She pulled another one of my tshirts over her head as I pulled on boxers and sweats and we have breakfast in the kitchen.

"You ever think about how these strawberries are all so different? You think there is every identical ones?" She asks holding them up.

"Youre so weird." I say to her laughing as she inspects the strawberry. "Just eat it." I tell her taking it mushing it into her face as she laughed trying to stop me. Her screams were so loud, I could not hear my front door opening and just see my parents in the kitchen. I let go of Zara as the room goes quiet.

"You guys know there is a doorbell right?" I ask them as I see my parents just looking at the two of us. Both so serious. My mom puts her Chanel bag down on the table that matched her pink dress. Always so formal, even my dad as he stood here in his suit.

"Good morning." He says ignoring my comment. "Hi Zara." He says nodding at her. Zara tucked my tshirt she wore as it came half way over her thighs.

"Would you guys like to get changed or put some clothes on?" My mom says as she nods at my bare chest. "We came to talk to you." She says looking at me.

"Yes, ofcourse." Zara says as she walked out the kitchen so fast. I look at my mom who just gave me a look. I follow Zara out to my bedroom and sigh.

"Sorry Zara." I say as she was in my closet. She had a section here of her clothes and put on jeans and a white sweater that belonged to me.

"Its fine. Shall I wait here? You go talk to your parents." She tells me. "Its fine..." I tell her. "I rather not... they just saw me half naked. I could die." She says and I laugh at her. She was so worried about my parents view of her. I loved it because it made me think she really cared about me.

I walk back into the kitchen where my parents were.

"Whats up?" I ask them.

"Its really nice to see you playing house with your girlfriend Kain." My mom says. "But enough is enough." She adds in arabic.

I look at my dad confused who just sighs.

"Why did you need a hundred thousand dollars in cash so urgently last night?"

"How do you know about it? You counting pennies?" I ask my dad as I sit down.

"Well what comes to my attention usually is $500k spendings." He says. "In one go."

"So?"

"Gretchen was worried you needed it so urgently." He says. "She spoke to your mom this morning. Thought you might be in trouble."

"Gretchen is so lame." I say. "I cannot believe that she is calling you like I am 16 again?"

"Shes just doing her job?" My dad says

"Focus Kain. Whats the money for?" My mom says as sbe stops my dad. He was always a sucker for my mom.

"None of your business." I say frowning.

"Well then the cheque instead was cashed by a Zade Hamilton." He says to me. "Anything to do with Zara Hamilton? On top of that I have told you to leave Younes out of your troubles. He was caught last night with gun possession. It cost my brother nearly a million dollars to get that thrown out. Then when I checked it appeared Zade Hamilton was being treated for gunshot wounds." He carries on. "Are you being smart here son?" My dad now says in Arabic. When he spoke Arabic it was serious business.

"Mom and dad with all due respect I can do whatever I want with the money. Its my trust funds and my money? Right?" I say. "Thats what you always say... all of this is for me." I add in Arabic this time.

"Yes but if youre using it to get into trouble we have to tell you not to. We want you to stay out of trouble Kain." My dad says sighing.

"That girl is bringing nothing but problems." My mom says in Arabic again. "Think with your head Kain."

"Dont piss me off please. I told you before I cannot hear anything negative about my girlfriend." I tell her annoyed as I breathe out putting my head on the table.

"Spoiled. Look what you turned him into." My mom says to my dad who just sighs. She grabs her purse and walks out the room and my dad just pats my head. "Be smart." He says and I nod. "It is nice to see you happy though Kain... I was worried for a second your selfish and arrogant tendencies might ruin you."

"You in the country for long?" I ask him rolling my eyes. I knew my dad had a weak spot for me? I was lowkey his favourite. Roman was my moms. She was always harsher and stricter with me for some reason. My mom had me quite young, just at 20, she married my father straight after. She seemed to be in a better space when she had Roman a year and a half later. Thats how my dad always explained it to me.

"Yes, few more days. Flying out to LA first." He says. "I'll be in Qatar for 7 days. When I come back, its your mother and I's anniversary. Make sure you remember you know your mom loves stuff like that." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Its not my anniversary is it?" I say and he rolled his eyes with a little smirk. He rather ignore them too but for my mom apparently he'd do anything. I have seen him give her the most lavish and out of this world gifts. But I have also seen him treat her like absolutely nothing and break her heart..

You see, my dad was born into wealth too. Thats all he knows. Hes been told yes his whole life. My dad was also a handsome man, Roman and I looked a lot like him. Tall, dark features and green eyes. He always had the attention from the ladies and my dad didn't have the faithful bone... neither did I and neither did Roman even though he acted holier than thou.

"Bye son." He says kissing the top of my head leaving. I walk upstairs to my bedroom where Zara was laying on the bed scrolling through her phone.

"Rosie is soooo funny." She tells me showing me her post. It was of Kai and Julian sleeping in the same bed, same sleeping face. They looked adorable especially with the teddy she put between them- but they would kill Rosie.

"Hilarious." I say rolling my eyes.

"You okay?" She asks.

"Yeah. Theyre just being their weird self." I say and she just nods. "It isnt about how I am dragging you down is it?"

"How are you even dragging me down?" I say rolling my eyes. She looks at her phone and sits up. "Shit... I am late for work."

"Come, I'll take you..."

"Let me get ready." She says getting up. She practically lived here or I have practically moved her in? I have replicated everything she uses and needs. She even has a make up table and some clothes here. She went into the closet and put on tights and a black dress. She brushed her hair out, putting it into a ponytail. I just watched her run around and it was funny to me.

As she put on her heels, she sat down and sighs. "I can not believe I am late... how did I forget?" She sighs.

We finally make it out of the house and I drive her to work. "Text me, ill come pick you up." I tell her as she leans in kissing my lips.

"Might be late..."

"Text me." I tell her and she nods. I kiss her again and she gets out the car walking into the restaurant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 129 40
(Book 1) ~I Really Wanna Be With You. I Gotta Be Real With You~ Lyric A'Kyra Presley had a boring life at the age of 22. She was in nursing scho...
909 153 24
Fate is such a thing, that brings known people together. 24 years old Kaira, is a beautiful girl. The daughter of the most powerful businessman in Ca...
70.2K 2.1K 24
a girl named Amari meets two guys turns out they are buddies but she doesnt know read more to find out........
3.3K 795 29
All she ever wanted was to become an independent woman, live a comfortable life and be useful to the society. Everything was going just perfectly fi...