84th floor.

By loveforloveandfood

Welcome to the residence of 84th floor. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48

Chapter 3

15 3 0
By loveforloveandfood

Zara

I press number 84 in the lift and head upstairs to Kain's penthouse. How did I end up back here holding ice I got from the doorman. I press the code to the front door and walk into penthouse. Kain was sitting in the living room on the sofa running his fingers through his wet hair. He had just showered.

"I couldnt find ice in your freezer. So went downstairs." I tell him handing him the ice. He puts it on his cheek. His lower lip was also busted.

I was absolutely heartbroken to know that I was alone in this world. My own brother didnt want me around and wanted to ruin his life.

"Sorry for the mess I dragged you into." I tell him. One thing was for sure, Kain did have my back in time of need even though he was a fucking asshole. My brain was too tired to even think about all of this.

I sit down next to him and he pulls me feet on to his lap taking my heels off. He puts the ice down and kisses my lips pulling me in closer. "You good?"

"It is what it is... I don't need him or a family." I say and Kain just looks at me. "You got me." He says as he kisses my lips again. I just nod a little as he kisses me again this time I kiss him back and climb on to his lap straddling him. I could taste the metallic taste of his busted lip.

"Lets go to bed. Ill make you feel better." He says making me smile. I get off of him and he gets up. I follow him up the stairs into his bedroom where he takes my dress off slowly.

I wake up tangled in Kain's bed hearing my phone buzzing. I get up and Veronica texts me asking about Zade which I ignore. Kain has a shoot for Calvin Klein. He was the current ambassador and face for the brand. He kissed me bye in the morning early at the crack of dawn. I shower and get myself dressed in sweats and a hoodie. I head downstairs and see Kain asked the housekeeper to prepare me breakfast.

I hear the door and watch Roman walk through the kitchen with Rosie.

"Hey..." Rosie says probably surprised to see me here. Roman didn't seem to surprised.

"Whats up?" He asks sitting down. "You having breakfast at 12 in the afternoon?"

"Yeah. I just woke up." I tell him. "Wheres Kain?"

"He had a shoot, should be back around now." I tell him.

"So youre back together?" He asks.

"He swears he didn't sleep with her." I say and Rosie nods. "He swears to us too."

"What are you guys up to today?" I ask. "We were going to the country club in the building and lay around the pool." Rosie says. "Its Saturday."

"You're unemployed everyday is a Saturday." Roman says to her making me laugh. She gives him a fake laugh and rolls her eyes. "Im just not meant for employment."

"We know Rose, we know." Roman says as he eats the food off my plate.

Julian appears walking into the kitchen. "I love how we hang around here without the guy who lives here." He says.

"I live in this building too?" Rosie says looking at Julian. "You guys just love hanging around here because Kain has the game room and a better view."

"How does your grandfather own Henry-George building and Kain has the better floor?" I ask her. Julian wrapped his arm around Rosie before kissing her lips. She looked at him like he was a gift sent from heaven.

"She lost the bet." Julian laughs. "Now shes on 42nd floor."

"Sucker." Roman laughs.

"You hanging out with us?" Rosie says. "I got swimming clothes if you need some.."

"No, I have to go home and clean. My brother trashed my whole place." I sigh.

"Ive sorted it out." Kain says walking into the kitchen. "What happened to your face? How did you do the shoot looking like that?" Rosie says

"They covered it up." Kain says. His lower lip had a cut in it and his cheek was bruised. He leans into me kissing my lips.

"Hey." He says kissing me again. "What happened to your face jackass?" Roman asks.

"He got into it with my stupid brother." I tell them. "Ah shit. I see how you got back into her good books." Julian says. "You guys are so irritating." Kain says making them laugh.

"So you ditched the family dinner to fight your future brother in law?" Roman says as Kain just rolled his eyes. I did not know that he left his family to come to me while I was a crying mess at work.

"Come on. Lets go get changed and meet downstairs at the pool. I need to tan." Rosie says taking my hand. Kain just shrugs and I follow Rosie out to her apartment.

We take the lift down and go to Rosie's apartment. Although it was the same size and same damn apartment, Rosie's apartment was beautiful decorated Versace style. She changed it every season and I always looked forward to seeing the new style. Last season there was a white theme.

"Okay so since I am assuming youre making Kain grovel, its only right you wear this bikini." She says taking out a white one that had barely any material on it. It made me laugh as she gave me the matching silver cover up. Not much grovelling happening, I was letting him walk all over me.

"I love you." I tell her. "And your clothes." I take slippers from her and change. We head back downstairs to the pool and they let us in greeting and smiling at Rosie as she walked through the place. You could instantly tell from people standing up straight and smiling at her that she was important here.

The building had everything you think someone might need. There wasnt a need to even go out to the world. There is a gym, a sauna, a spa. A pool outside, crazy views. Staff did all your shopping and bring you whatever you need. There was a freaking golf course, private cinema rooms etc. It was a whole ordeal and only the elite had access. I did not even know such things existed growing up. People waiting on you constantly.

The guys had made it down before us and were sat by the pool. I see Kai had appeared and joined.

"Hey guys." He says to us before he ran into the pool doing a front flip.

"When he breaks his neck, it will not be so cute." Rosie says and I chuckle sitting on the chair in between Kain and Roman. I guess this is what I needed, peace and quiet and sunshine. I look at Kain who smiles at me. I was wearing a cover up but he still seemed excited to see me.

"Is it too early to drink?" Julian says as he waved down a waiter. "Why do you keep asking that question knowing damn well its not gonna stop you anyway?" Roman asks laughing.

"What did you get up to the days we didnt see you?" Rosie asks me pushing her sunglasses down her face.

"I went to Costco." I say. I have learned pretty quickly what riles this group up.

"Whats that?" Roman asks. They all look at me clueless. "Its like a store where you can buy everything in big bulks."

"What do you mean?"

"For example... I bought 24 cans of redbull."

"Why do you need 24?" Rosie asks.

"Because unlike you guys there isnt someone that will restore whatever is missing the next morning." I say and they just laugh.

"We should go costco." Rosie says taking her sunglasses off looking at Julian.

"To do what?"

"You might find an airfryer you like?" I say laughing. "Also my brother just needed some stuff. He left all his stuff."

"Spray the sunlotion on your skin." Rosie tells the boys. Kai comes out of the water and looks at the girl walking over to us. He had a mischievous smile on his face.

"Hey Samantha." He says as she smiled. She was here for the pool it seemed in her pink bikini and her long blonde hair. I have seen her before and remember suddenly the argument that took place between the guys.

"Hey Kai." She says. She stopped and looked at us and gave a quick wave.

"Samantha Smith." Julian says. "How are you?"

"Good how are you guys?" She asks. "Yeah good good." The rest just mumble.

I look at Kain who paid her no attention and was looking at his phone. Roman's mood completely changed and he had stared out pretending he wasnt paying attention. Samantha was just looking at Roman trying to find his eyes.

"Ill see you guys around." She says as she walks off and head inside the building.

"You had to call her over." Roman says to Kain.

"I mean we have to break the ice at some point." Kain says. "Youre so irritating."

"Hes the one that fucked your girl... I am not sure why you mad at me for?" Kai says pointed at Julian.

"I didnt fuck her. You must be crazy." He says frowning as he looks at his little brother. "I havent fucked anyone but my girlfriend."

"Oh shut up." Rosie says rolling her eyes. "We were just 'friends' for a whole year after high school."

"Whatever." Roman says. "The fact that you guys are still joking about this." He says getting up grabbing his shirt putting it on. "Fuck you guys."

"Roman..." Rosie says trying to stop him. "Ro! Its not that deep sorry!"

Roman walks back into the building and Kain just rolled his eyes. "Hes such a baby."

"Dont start because if we spoke about Zara you would knock someone into that pool and drown them." Kai says defending his friend.

"Sorry but what happened exactly?" I ask. Roman never wanted to talk about it with me.

"Samantha and him dated all through senior year of high school. Everyone knew she had a crush on him since freshman year highschool." Rosie says.

"Rosie do you have to always make everything so theatrical?" Kain asks her.

"Yes." She says confused. "Anyway... Roman then finally fell inlove with her and the two were inseparable. First year of College, Roman went to a party after winning a game. Got drunk, had a fight with Samantha and then made out with this girl. Samantha saw and then she got drunk with us who were hanging out downstairs. She ended up sleeping with someone.. Roman found out and broke up with her."

"Who did she sleep with?"

"Roman doesnt know... it would break him." Kai says. "But you all know." I say looking at Kain. "It was you wasnt it..." I say as he just avoided eye contact.

"That is so fucked up." I say not sure what to make of that.

"Look, I was drunk and high and she came on to me." Kain says trying to explain himself.

"You fucked your brother's girlfriend." I say. "What the hell..."

"You dont think Roman has a thing for you?" He asks me. I frown and look at the rest. "Is that what you guys think?" I ask.

"No, he does not have a thing for you." Kai says. Julian just shrugs and I look at Rosie.

"I mean he is my friend? My best friend probably. Ive known him the longest." I say annoyed.

"Whatever... dont act like you dont act up for Roman. Whenever we have an issue you run straight for him to comfort you." Kain says and I see his mood now dropped. He always had this thing for anyone gives me attention or kindness he is horrible to me.

"Hey maybe Roman does know and this is payback." Julian laughs. Kain just rolled his eyes. "Youre just mad Roman is a good human being and actually treats me good." I say to him and he sits up and looks at me clearly hurt.

"You just being desperate for attention." He says to me. "Fuck you Kain." I say getting up. I did not need this shit. How did this all turn around on me?

"Nooo don't go Zara..." Rosie says holding my hand. "No let her, I am sure Roman is available to give her some attention." He says.

"Maybe I should fuck him instead? Or I should tell him what a shitty brother he has that fucked his girlfriend." I say pushing him back in the seat smacking his face as I walk away.

"Fuck you Zara." He yells after me. I head back to Rosie's apartment and open the door with the code.

"Excuse me... do you live here?" A guy asks. I turn around and look at the guy. Probably in his twenties, looked like an athlete to me.  Tall. Beautiful face. Nice smile.

"No my friend does." I tell him and he nods. "I just moved into the apartment across the street." He tells me. "I was just trying to make a friend."

"Oh... yeah. Sorry." I say as I open the door. "My friend Rosie lives here. Shes really nice. Ill let her know."

"Is she as pretty as you?" He asks with a grin.

"Prettier. She has a boyfriend though, just like me."

"Good ones always taken." He says and I chuckle.

"Where did you move from?" I ask him.

"Atlanta. I have just been signed for the NBA." He says and I nod. "I knew you were some form of an athlete." I say. I mean I know guys liked what they saw when they looked at me, I wasnt oblivious

"That obvious huh?" He chuckles. I look at Kain who walked round the corner.

"Whose this?" He asks as he looks at the guy. "Rosie's new neighbour. And yours I guess." I tell him. Kain wore just his swimming trunks and sweats on top, no tshirt because he knew he looked good and didnt care.

"Hi I am Ryan." He says and Kain just looks at him. He presses Rosie's code in opening the door and ignores him walking in. Ryan just raises his eyebrows. "Your boyfriend?" He asks and I nod. "Nice to meet you, see you around." I tell him following Kain in.

I walk to Rosie's bedroom and Kain follows me in the room.

"Why even follow me. I am going home." I tell him but he grabs my arm. "What the fuck was that." He says. I look at Kain and see his eyes have darkened and he looked like a different Kain all of a sudden. Not my sweet Kain who holds me when I cry and kisses me all over.

"He thought I lived here... was trying to introduce himself." I tell him feeling his grip tighten around my arm.

"Dont start with me..." I tell him. "Let me go Kain. Please."

"Fine. Fuck you for doing this to me." He say looking at me as he shoves me back before walking out of the room.

"You fucking asshole." I yell after him before I burst out in tears rubbing my arm. I feel like I was always in tears or unhappy. Shit always just went terrible for me. From when I was born, to having bad luck in whatever house I was in to now being an adult still in shitty situations.

I head home and see my apartment was all clean and tidy. Everything picked up and the broken things replaced. My kitchen was looking better than it was before. My crappy apartment was already tiny and I spent most my time just sleeping here or often at the penthouse.

As I sadly mope around the apartment, I hear a knock at the door. I open the door and let Veronica in.

"Hey. Ive been calling you." She says. "You okay?"

"Yeah, Ive just been busy." I tell her. Veronica and Zade have been running around together as long as I remember. She was another foster child Zade met in a foster home when he was 16. She has always been cleaning Zade's shit up or creating more shit with him. She was like an older sister to me and the years Zade been away, she helped me out and was checking in. She was sweet but unpredictable and unreliable. She would go missing and be randomly calling me from Texas?

"Whats up?" I ask her

"Im staying at my friends house. Im waiting to move into my apartment. Im gonna stay in New York for a while." She says to me and I nod. "Is that Zade's plan too?"

"Yeah. Hes gonna stay with me." She says as she sits down on the sofa with me. "You okay?" She asks and I just nod at her. "Yeah just tired. I just want to go to sleep. I have to be up early and sort a ton of shit at the restaurant."

"Im so proud of you Z." She says. She called Zade and I both Z it got confusing.

"Well nobody has my back so I have to take care of myself." I tell her. She just looks at me a little sad.

"Zade is just adjusting... being out after so many years the pressure is insane."

"Honestly I do not care about him anymore. I am so done being the one always stressed." I say. "He is a grown man and I am not his mom."

"Hes practically your dad..." She says. "He can fuck off." I say sighing.

"Dont be as stubborn as your brother." She chuckles. "Terrible trait you two have."

"Im not even that stubborn." I say.

"So what else is new with you?" She asks. "That boy was super cute. Not even cute he was just stunning." She smiles at me. "Why does he look so familiar?"

"Hes a model." I say rolling my eyes. "You probably seen him on stuff."

"Oh yeah. Oh my God let me google him. Whats his name."

"Oh God." I sigh. "Fine, dont tell me. Im checking your instagram." She says and she pulls up my page and scrolls through and lands on a photo of me and Kain at a rooftop party. I sat on his lap smiling as he had his arms wrapped around me with a grin on his face.

"Kain Kattan." She says. She googles him and I feel like suffocating her with a pillow. Why did I tag that douchebag?

"Oh my God. Zara Amelia Hamilton." She says sitting up straight. "Your dating a billionaire's kid?"

"I am?" I say acting stupid. "What does that have to do with me?"

"Zara!" She screams and I hold my ears.

"Doesnt matter. Im not with him for his money. I make my own money."

"The money you make is probably what is the cost of their breakfast." She says laughing. "Hes beautiful. Tall, pretty, what is he?"

"His dad is from Eygpt and his mother is from England."

"Thats cute."

"Yeah they speak arabic even the white mom." I chuckle. "They got something on you guys, half Brazilian and you do not speak nothing but English."

"What do you speak Veronica?" I ask.

"I speak Spanish?" She says frowning. "Oh please. Anyway... I am breaking up with him."

"Im not into a relationship right now." I tell her. "Hes kind of an asshole."

"So is your brother?" She chuckles.

"So he is a loaded asshole atleast?" She adds on. "Maybe we should take advantage of this before we carry on this break up." She says and I look at her frowning. I knew Veronica and Zade were cut from the same cloth. Criminality ran in their veins. They were robbing and stealing which landed Zade in prison?

"No. That is so fucked up." I tell her getting up. "What you like him like that?"

"Like him? I love him." I say annoyed. "Hes an asshole but I am bonded to him because he's actually been there for me and loves me for me. Doesnt give a shit where I come from... hes basically been my family."

"Okay. Okay." She says. "Oh God you love him a lot... Jesus."

"If you and Zade have any respect or care for me leave him alone..."

"Im just kidding Zara." She says getting up. "Love you loads though. You know we will never hurt you?" She says smiling yet I didn't believe it..

I wake up hearing sounds in my bedroom and I wonder if Kain somehow got in but he did not have a key. I sit up regaining consciousness just to have someone standing over me shoving a towel over my nose and mouth making me inhale some kind of toxic smell. As I trash around another pair of hands hold me down. Fear went through my whole body as I try to scream and push but then everything goes black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77K 3.2K 24
What does it take to catch the eye of a handsome billionaire? For Alina it only took some enjoyment. She was just dancing in the rain when someone sa...
91.7K 3.8K 53
What happened? A party happened... Little did Natalia know was that her life was just about to change in a matter of 24 hours... Hatred, sadness, and...
3.3K 795 29
All she ever wanted was to become an independent woman, live a comfortable life and be useful to the society. Everything was going just perfectly fi...
292K 10.7K 63
She never thought she would find someone that she could fall so fast in love with. He changed everything. He showed her that she could have someone...