lovestruck † hs

By the1dfanfics

"Who hurt you so much that you started to hate yourself?" Quickly I change the subject. I am not going to cr... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
The Last Chapter

Chapter 23

1.8K 60 9
By the1dfanfics

Rachel's POV

Waking up, I couldn't cover my relief of knowing that finally I was returning to work. My stress could be lifted from me for just a few hours, and that was much needed. Since Matthew had called yesterday, Harry kept texting me, but I decided I had to turn off my phone. I was way too aggravated at him to answer, and the argument with my mother the night before was already enough to handle. I didn't need another fight.

I thought my reaction to the 'Find My iPhone' thing was normal, because honestly, how was I supposed to react to that? But once I told Jen and Hayley, they said I may be overreacting...

"So he has your phone on the tracking app, doesn't sound that big of a deal," Hayley rolled her eyes, adjusting her position on the couch. Jennifer nodded in agreement.

Then I decided to explain it, and put them in my shoes.

"How would you feel, if even before you really knew someone, in fact, barely knew them at all, they were tracking you secretly? Knowing everywhere you went?" I smiled, noticing their expressions change from fine to awkward.

"Girl's got a point," Jen looked to Hayley, who agreed.

Now that I'm getting ready for work, I rethink about Harry and I's relationship, realizing something that I must have been blinded by lust before not to have thought about. I don't know enough about him. Sure I've learned more things about him, but I feel like we've rushed into something. Something amazing, yes, but discovering the tracking issue has made me think about how I really don't know him, let alone he doesn't really know me. It's just so much to think about, and I'm glad I've got work today, for a nice break.

Carefully I put on my jeans. My left foot that was most likely sprained when I tripped over Harry that day at the park still hurts off and on, but the day off from dance class yesterday was helpful. I button my skinny jeans and slip on a loose blouse. In less than ten minutes I'm ready to go.

As I grab a snack in the kitchen Jennifer strolls her way in, yawning, still dressed in her pajamas.

She takes a yogurt from the refrigerator and comes next to me. "Morning! Off to work, yeah?"

"Happily!"

She shakes her head and giggles, "I still don't understand how you enjoy work. I'm lucky to have the day off, architecture internships are difficult." She tiredly take a spoon from the drawer and opens the yogurt. "Hayley only left early because she didn't finish what she'd done yesterday. Her lazy arse was checking the men out instead of working at the counter."

We both laugh, knowing well that if Hayley ever wanted to be a pharmacist she'd have to keep her eyes on the sick people instead of the hot ones.

"Well I've got to run, Matthew's waiting for me!" I snatch my phone from the counter and turn it on.

Jennifer takes a spoonful of her breakfast and devours it. "I remember him I think, the way you described him. He's served me coffee before. Such a handsome lad isn't he? Those blue eyes..." she gasps dramatically, causing me to laugh even more.

"Sure, yeah he's a catch I suppose," I answer, then a bing comes from my phone, and then another, and more. I look down at it finding a text from Matthew saying he has something special for me, which excites me, and tons of messages and calls from Harry.

"Rach? Everything alright?" I hear her ask.

"Um...yeah, I just, I have to go," I lie, grabbing my purse and heading for the door.

Of course I feel horrible for not answering Harry. I'm too nice of a person to just ignore someone, even if I'm hurt by them. I just can't get over the fact that he did this to me. It's difficult to give him the silent treatment for me, but I deserve an apology no matter how strong my feelings are for him. I'm not sure how long I'll keep this up but it's not the time for me to worry about that now, because it's time to work. After all, Matty said he has a surprise for me.

I enter the somewhat busy cafe, inhaling the wonderful scent of coffee and pastries, and walk across the dinning area, behind the counter. I wave at my coworkers then turn to find a very enthusiastic Matthew, showing his charming grin, leaning against the counters.

"Ready for your surprise?" he raises a brow.

"More than anything. I'm so happy to be back, and I bet you are too," I giggle, putting on my apron.

"You're right, I love this place, and it looks like customers have missed it too. This morning we were packed!" he proudly smiles. "Need help with that?" Matthew offers, pointing at my apron.

"Thank you," I accept his offer and turn around, letting him tie the back. "So come on, tell me what the surprise is?"

"You ready?" he asks as I turn to face him. I nod, my excitement building up.

Matthew begins to explain, "Well Rachel, you've done really well here. You're always on time, you're as pumped as I," he jokes, "and plus, you haven't had a good day in a while, and neither have I. So I figured, maybe to make us both happy, it's time for your promotion."

"Really?!" My hands go up to cover my mouth as I realize I've shouted, and the few customers are staring.

"It might not be much, but it's time you start serving coffee, instead of just handling the register and food. Your pay will go up as well."

So much good news at once. Sure it might not seem like much, but a raise in pay, and a new job is enough to clear up some of the shit I've gone through this week. Plus, it makes me feel like I am growing up, unlike my parents' opinions. At my old job in California I never got a raise in anything, but my first promotion sounds like music to my ears.

"Matthew, it's the best thing I've heard in a while. Thank you so much, I can't believe this. This is a big deal to me," I smile at him and open my arms, quickly wrapping them around his neck to hug him.

Then realizing he isn't just my friend, but my boss, I step back. "Sorry..."

Once again, I went over the top and practically attacked him for a hug. None of the other employees have done it I'm sure. I feel my face flush and I look down.

"Relax Rach, it's fine," he assures me with another one of his charming smiles, then he looks around. "Since it's not quite busy at the moment, why don't I teach you how to get beverages right now?"

"Sounds great!" I agree, then he directs me to the closest pot and stands behind me. He tells my fellow coworkers he will be busy teaching me but they practically ignore him, except for Lacey, the coworker I've still wanted to talk more to and I'm surprised she hasn't approached me.

"Alright, so I'm pretty sure you get how to make decaf and non decaf coffee right?"

"Yeah, that's the easiest part I'm hoping..."

Matthew laughs, "Yes, it is, but none of this is very hard. You'll get the hang of it. Coffee shouldn't be an issue for you, though, we've also got lattes and tea, but you won't be handling the tea for now, so no need to worry about that. So let's say, someone orders a vanilla latte, what do you think you'd do?"

Remembering what I've heard going on behind me, I explain that you'd get the bottle with vanilla in it and use the latte machine. You'd add the other ingredients, also depending on what the customer wants, and it only takes about five minutes or so.

"Good, very good, I told you you'd be wonderful. Now, I'd like you to actually make a vanilla latte, however you'd like it, and I'll watch you," he challenges, stepping back.

"But wait," I interrupt, "I may know how to make it, but I've got no clue how to work the machine."

Matthew smiles and his eyes show amusement in himself, "I'm so sorry, my mind is everywhere today. Of course let me show you. Now grab the vanilla,"

I take it and bring it over, then pour it in the cup.

"So then, you'll press the on button, and you see these switches here," he stands close from behind me, pointing, "just flip them on. Usually we turn them off after so we don't waste energy. Afterwards you'll pull this lever, and it's kind of hard since the machine needs updating. It's old.."

I place my hands on the lever and Matthew places his over mine. It's a little awkward, and I was not expecting him to do that. However, I put on a straight face and listen for what to do next. After all, he's just teaching.

"Now pull, not too hard since the machine is fragile but hard enough," Matthew instructs.

The two of us begin to pull the lever down, and the warm, steaming latte begins to fall from the dispenser into the cup, and the machine makes its usual noise. He was right, this machine is old, and the lever is tough. Matthew signals me to stop, for enough room in case for creamer or cream. I add whichever I'd like and finally put the lid of the glass on.

I did it, I made my first latte!

"Matthew, I did it!" I turn to him, leaning my back against the counter.

"What did I tell you? I knew you could," Matthew compliments me, grinning before he laughs, "Now I need to try it, make sure it isn't poisonous."

I glare at him and give him the cup. He sends me a teasing smile before taking a sip, then he makes a horrid expression, completely opposite of what I was expecting.

"Wh-what's wrong with it? Is it really that bad? I'm so sorry-"

I'm interrupted by Matthew's change of expression, and he starts cracking up. "No! Rach I'm just kidding you, it tastes great actually!"

"Seriously?!" I squeal like a child.

"Yeah, congratulations," he sets the cup down behind me.

I open my arms, "Sorry, but I am really thankful today, it's been the best day I've had for awhile," I explain my reason for another hug.

"No problem, everyone loves a hug," he tells me, accent light and cheery, before accepting my embrace.

"I can't believe this!!" I giggle, earning one from Matthew as well.

"I can't believe it either," I hear another voice say sarcastically, definitely not Matthew's, but a voice I can very well recognize from the deep British accent, and one I'm nervous to face.

I hurriedly let go of Matthew as he does the same and turn to find Harry with his hands in his tight jean pockets, his stare forming into a deadly one directed mostly at Matthew but also at me.

"Harry, I-"

"This is what you ignore me for?" his head snaps to me, his hair flopping on his shoulders, his eyes fill with confusion. Suddenly he turns, quickly heading for the exit, his head hanging low.

"No! Harry wait!" I slip off my apron and set it on the counter before running around the counter and follow him out the doors onto the busy Hampstead streets.

My eyes search for him, then I see him at the alley way entrance, his pace slower.

I run to catch up to him, and his pace begins to quicken again.

"Harry!"

He doesn't stop, but finally I make it closer. My hands reach to touch the softness of his button up, and I struggle to grab his arm.

"Harry-"

"What?!" he barks, flinching from my touch, his green orbs glaring into mine.

"Back there, it wasn't," I breathe heavily, trying to calm down from running, "it wasn't what it looked like."

Harry's posture changes as he takes his hands from his pockets, clenching his fists at his sides to keep himself from not blowing up.

"Really, then what the hell was it? Finding you hugging fucking Matthew again, after you ignore me for what, an entire day?"

I sigh out of pure frustration, why won't he let this go?

"Matthew is my friend, Harry," I say through my teeth.

"Please baby, tell me you aren't that naive? If you can't see he's all over you, you're more than I thought," Harry spits, insulting me.

I notice some people have looked at us, but I don't care, I'll argue with him here and now. Matthew doesn't seem like that and Harry shouldn't make those accusations.

I cross my arms, "So what if Matthew flirts with me? What do you think I'm going to do?" I decide to throw that at him like a curveball.

"Fuck him!" he answers, waving his hands as if it was obvious, stunning me.

"Excuse me? You know I'd never do that, and you know I've never before."

The fact he has the audacity to bring that up is insulting. He knows I've never done anything even close to what he and I have done with anyone else, and we haven't done much, and now he's just making shit up.

"Well, after you ignoring me for a day, then to find you both all over each other, it's a little hard to trust you," he says in a cocky way.

"You're one to talk!" I shout, now furious. Time for him to confess. I take a step towards him, our bodies inches away, and look up at him. "How did you know I was working today?"

Harry peers at me, "What?"

"I said, how did you know that I was working today?" I inquire again, ready for his apology.

"You told me," he clears his throat, pushing his hair away from his face.

I laugh, a little too much, and quickly dial it down. Of course that's impossible since I found out I was working yesterday.

"Did I? Or did my phone's location?"

Harry sighs, knowing that now I know. "Alright! Fine! So I know where you are-"

"So, you know where I am! And you have known since the day in the park! How am I supposed to trust you, if you're the one keeping secrets and actually tracking me?!" I scream at him, but he's not even looking at me, he's looking behind me.

"Harry!"

"Baby," his eyes meet my mine, now with desperation, "please hush," he pleas quietly.

"No! You say you don't trust me, but how can I trust you? Honestly, why are you tracking my phone? I deserve an explanation. What do you think I'm going to do? Are you watching me to make sure I don't tell people, 'Hey! Harry Styles is with me!'? Am I an embarrassment to you-"

"Rachel, please! Be quiet!" he shouts at me firmly, shutting me up.

"I-" but before I can say anything else, I hear some girl say, "I found him!"

My head turns and I see a growing crowd of girls running towards us with phones in hand, and paparazzi men charging behind them. I stare at them like a deer in headlights, frozen, unsure what to do as they stampede towards us.

"Rachel!"

The sound of my name being called snaps me from my thoughts and I turn to see Harry grabbing my hand.

"We have to run," Harry orders, trying to remain calm for me.

All I do is nod, and Harry takes off, lugging me along by the hand as I try to run and catch up. I'm sure publicity isn't what he needs right now and being attacked by girls isn't what he wants either, especially with our situation right now.

I'm finding it harder and harder to pick up my pace, unsure why. I turn my head to find the girls and men gaining on us, and right when I turn back there's a dip in the road that my left foot steps into, causing me to loose my balance and trip on. I stumble to the ground, hearing a small crack and I'm stricken with more pain on my already injured foot. I freeze, unable to move from the almost unbearable pain.

I look to see a blurry Harry still running, not have noticed my fall, then I look back to see the people are almost caught up.

"H-Harry!" I cry out, beginning to feel tears escape my eyes. How have I reached a new low, crying on the ground in an alleyway, feeling paralyzed?

Harry stops, spins on his feet and finds me sitting here, helpless. He sprints back toward me. How he runs in such tight pants amazes me. Once he gets to me Harry picks me up, carrying me bridal style and takes off again, still leaving the fans and cameramen behind.

The pain gets worse and worse every step he takes, and I haven't felt it this bad in a while, even before London, when I was with him. I find myself zoning out, Harry's voice and the sound of his racing heartbeat are the only things my mind is grasping onto as my eyesight blurs more. I try to not cry, but I can't help it this time.

"It's okay baby, we're almost there," he repeats to me constantly, as we rush through many alleyways. I try to speak, but nothing happens.

Suddenly all goes black for me, as the last thing I hear from him, "Stay with me Rachel, keep your eyes open."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 54.4K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
Stuck [H.S] By a!

Fanfiction

41.3K 1.5K 25
[COMPLETE & EDITED] Being at that time of the month, Jolie decides to make a quick stop to a convience store to retrieve chocolates and candies to sa...
852K 39.7K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
17.9K 1K 90
♡♡♡ "Every one called her Doll , everyone thought she was crazy. Everyone made fun of her, everyone thought she was a murderer but no one had proof t...