π“π‘πž π“πšπ§π π₯𝐞𝐝 π‹π¨π―πž

By amikaravenn

#1st Book in 'Tangled Series.' Revenge and Love, I was tangled between both of these. Once I loved but that... More

Book Cover
Introduction
Prologue
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.1
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.2
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.3
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.4
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.5
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.6
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.7
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.8
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.9
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.10
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.11
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.12
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.13
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.14
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.15
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.16
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.17
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.18
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.19
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.20
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.21
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.22
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.23
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.24
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.25
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.26
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.27
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.28
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.29
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.30
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.31
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.32
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.33
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.34
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.35
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.36
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.37
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.38
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.39
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.40
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.41
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.42
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.43
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.44
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.45
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.46
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.47
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.48
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.49
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.50
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.51
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.52
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.53
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.54
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.55
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.56
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.57
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.58
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.59
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.61
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.62
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.63
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.64
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.65
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.66
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.67
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.68
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.69
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.70
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.71
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.72
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.73
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.74

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.60

5.5K 727 247
By amikaravenn

A a r u s h

Little does I know now is, Dadi is a little angry otherwise her voice would not be raised like this. I don't think Dhriti lied because of she wanted sympathy, I saw yesterday itself how much she hates people looking at her sympathy and about gaining love from us and using it for another purpose I don't think she needs to do something like that for any purpose either. So the reason she lied to us is the same reason she said.

She hates to mention her family. That's true. I saw the pain and hate in her eyes when talking about her family. My heart swelled seeing tears in her eyes, from yesterday onwards she was crying. I can't take this.

"What did you say? You lied to us that you don't have a family?" Dadi asked her, Dhriti didn't say anything as she nodded her head in her reply.

"Then what were you going to say that you don't deserve to be granddaughter-in-law of our family? Yeah, you're right you don't deserve to become our granddaughter-in-law." Dadi said to her, her voice stern and firm as she meant every word.

"Jaya?" Dadu interrupted Dadi.

"What? I said the right thing, she doesn't deserve to become our granddaughter-in-law." Tears flowed from Dhriti's eyes, her eyes showed how guilty she was for lying to us.

That's it. I can't let her face these all. But before I could say anything Dadi said "I don't need you as my granddaughter-in-law, I need you as my granddaughter. Our family accept you as our own daughter. I don't know why your family ousted you but one thing I'm sure they're really blind people that's why they don't see how precious you are. So will you be my granddaughter?" I released a relieved sigh. A smile curved on my lips as I saw Dadi wiping the tears from Dhriti's face.

"Thank you, Dadi. Thank you so much for not misjudging me," Dhriti said to her with a smile, a tear in her eyes.

"So now what is your answer to this marriage?" Dadu asked her. My heart raced not knowing what would be her answer.

"I. . .Uh. . . I can't make impulsive decisions when it comes to matters like this. Once I did like that and it ended in a bad way. After that, I didn't think of getting married or having a life partner for me. I didn't feel like I needed a man to live. . ." She said. What does that mean she once decided this? Maybe she had a boyfriend in her life earlier and decided to marry him but what would have happened to make that end in a bad way? Of course, it would be a breakup or is it. . . something else?

"Don't get offended by me when I'm saying this I can't say anything now, I'm so sorry." She said making me come out of my thoughts. So for now she rejected this proposal.

"Riti, think about it, Child. I already told you my son will never hurt you." Mom said to her.

"Aunty, please don't force me." She said in her pleading voice.

"But Riti--"
"Karthika." Dad gestured to Mom, stopping her to say anything further.

"Look Riti, we will not force. You can take as much time as you want to think about it even if your answer is a 'No' we will accept it but that doesn't change that you will always be a daughter for us," Dad said.

Dad, how can you say those words? What if she says no, I will not accept it. Huh!

"Thank you, Uncle." She said to my Dad.

"I think I should take my leave now," She said and got up from her place.

"I'm sorry," she said once again.

"It's okay, Beta." Dadi smiled at her and she also smiled back at her. She didn't look back at me as she went out of the room. From yesterday night onwards she stopped talking and from this morning onwards she started to avoid my gaze. If by chance her eyes locked on me, she suddenly looked away as if she couldn't look into my eyes.

"Dev, why did you say that we will accept even if her answer is 'No'?" Mom asked furiously at Dad.

"Because we should accept it," Dad said in a matter-of-fact voice.

"You accept it but I will not because I need that girl as my daughter-in-law. Look Aarush if you don't marry her I don't need you as my son. End of the discussion." What the-! Look like my mom is obsessed with her way more than me.

"What are you saying, Karthika? We can't force her," Dad said to my furious Mom.

"Why should we force her when she is already in love with him?" My mom asked.

"You both stop fighting over that. Let her decide what she wants." Dadu said to both of my parents.

"But I think. . ." Aryan's voice made everyone look at him.

"There is another reason for her rejecting this marriage proposal now. And I don't think it is a simple reason. Did you know anything, Bhai?" Aryan asked me.

Yeah, maybe it is because of Daksh? Or is it about my jerk behaviour of yesterday?

"No," I said to him not saying the thoughts in my mind.

"Okay. Then let her take the decision whatever she wants," Aryan said and everyone nodded their head except me and my mom.

A while ago Mr.Bhuvan Mehra informed us that they're leaving today itself. I don't care if they leave or not but taking Dhriti with them is the thing that can't digest to me. After seeing her panic attack I have no courage to leave her away from my eyes but I have no reason to keep her with me.

But before that, I have to see her and talk to her personally. So I walked towards her room and made sure she was alone, there was no her so-called brother inside her room. After confirming myself, I slip inside her room only to see she is coming out from the washroom wearing a hunter-green tank top with a high neck and blue shaded wide-legged jeans, her wet hair falls on both of her shoulders and her eyes are puffed look like she cried.

Why is she crying so much? She is a bold person, right? I don't like it when she cries. I like the fiery expression on her face. And thing that makes me more hurt is she is suffering alone, not letting anyone inside her walls.

"What are you doing here?" She asked keeping her things in the bag, avoiding my gaze.

"I want to see you before you're leaving," I said.

"For what?" She asked me plucking out the charger from the plug and shoving it inside her bag avoiding my gaze as much as possible.

"Does I need any reason for that?" I was about to hold her elbow and turn her around but she was very fast to move away from me and walk towards the wardrobe.

Shit! She is definitely doing this because my yesterday's behaviour.

"Babydoll?" I called her walking towards her. She turned around after closing the door of the wardrobe taking some clothes of her and walking near her bag, ignoring my entire existence.

"Is it necessary to go?" I asked her.

"Yeah," She said in a monotone, zipping her bag.

"I will miss you," I said as I tried to wrap my hands around her waist from behind.

Keyword tried.

She kept her bag on the floor, I was going to help her but she stopped me. She took her phone in her hands and was about to go out of the room. I held her elbow.

"Aarush, let me go." She said as tried to free herself from my hold.

"What did I tell you yesterday? Don't.push.me.away. Didn't I tell you?" I asked her pulling her close to me, making her leave her luggage on the floor.

"Let me go, Aarush. Everyone will be waiting for me," she said, she looked everywhere but my eyes.

"Why are avoiding my gaze? What happened to you? Why are you distancing from me suddenly?" I asked her stroking her cheekbone.

"Nothing, please let me go," her voice shook slightly, her eyes held unshed tears.

"I stayed with you yesterday not because of sympathy, Dhriti," I said to her.

"You didn't say it yesterday, Aarush. But it's okay." She smiled at me but it was a smile of pain.

"Do you know something? Yesterday I let you see my raw side, Aarush. Only my close ones are allowed to see that. You just think why would a person who built walls around her let you in?" She said and freed herself from me.

"Every time there is no need to accept everything, if someone knows us they will grasp it from us even without an exchange of words. But it's fine, I don't expect anything from anyone, I stopped that a long ago." She said as a lone tear came from her eyes and the next second she was out of the room as I stood there trying to process the weight of her statement.

I couldn't believe what I had just heard. She looked me in the eyes and said those words that sent a shiver down my spine. "She just said to me that. . . Oh my!" I thought to myself It was clear that she was indirectly trying to convey to me that she accepts me she loves me, something that maybe she couldn't quite bring herself to say outright.

"She just accepted that," I repeated in my head, trying to make sense of it all. But then the last words she uttered struck me like a bolt of lightning. "I don't expect anything from anyone," she said softly, almost as if she was trying to protect herself from further disappointment. My heart sank as I realized what this meant - she was going away from me.

Something must have happened, something that made her misunderstand me. It felt like a punch in the gut, knowing that I had unintentionally caused her pain or confusion. I racked my brain, trying to pinpoint the exact moment when things took a turn for the worse. Was it something I said? Something I did?

As I connect everything I run out of the room to see Dhriti. But I was too late. When I reached,  their car had already driven off from the palace.

Shit!

I was walking towards my room to take my phone to call Dhriti. But on my way I saw Daksh standing there, leaning against the wall, waiting for someone. My jaw ticked as I remembered Dhriti's yesterday's condition. This is all happening because of this fucker.

"I was waiting for you, Aarush. I need to talk to you about something," Daksh said, his voice filled with urgency. I approached him, curious about what he had to say.

"I also," I replied, my mind racing with questions.

"Then you go first," he offered, his gaze fixed on me. I took a deep breath, trying to maintain my composure.

"What were you talking to Dhriti about yesterday?" I asked, my voice steady but my emotions simmering beneath the surface. Daksh seemed taken aback by my question.

"Why would I say that to you?" he retorted, a hint of defensiveness creeping into his voice. He was really pushing my buttons now.

"Because of you, yesterday she had a panic attack. So say it, Daksh. What the hell did you say to her to cause a panic attack?" I snapped at him, unable to contain my frustration any longer.

"What! Ritu had a panic attack yesterday. Oh my god! Is she really fine, right? I couldn't be there for her. Shit!" He raked his hair with his fingers.

This asshole! How dare he to call her by nicknames. Only I have the right to call her with nicknames. The possessiveness and protectiveness that surged within me were undeniable. Riti is my girl, and no one else had the privilege to use endearing terms for her. The thought of someone else encroaching on what I considered my territory fueled my anger, making me clench my fists in frustration. I couldn't bear the idea of another person claiming a connection with Riti that was solely mine.

"Stop worrying about her Daksh, stop even thinking about my girl. I already told you to stay the fuck away from her. Didn't I?" The intensity in my voice matched the fury in my eyes as I confronted Daksh. I had made it clear to Daksh that Riti was off-limits, and any violation of this boundary would be met with my unrelenting rage.

"Why would I? Why would I stay away from the love of my life? Why would I stop thinking about the person I love?" Daksh retorted defiantly. His words struck a nerve, igniting a fury within him. How dare Daksh claim that Riti was the love of his life? The audacity infuriated me, and I couldn't hold back any longer.

"Daksh! How dare you to call my girl as your love?" I grabbed his collar, when the rage got the best of me, mentioning my girl as his love. She is my love. Only mine, not any others.

"Aarush, look our relationship started a long. She was my girlfriend seven years ago. We were in a relationship. She met with an accident seven years ago, I thought she died that was the sole reason I went out of this country. This country is filled with her memories, our memories. So I went to America to move on from her but I couldn't. When three months ago Sidharth called me and said she is alive. So I  left everything and came here to see her. She is the only reason that I'm now here. But when I saw her, I came to know that she lost her memories. The only memory she has now is after that accident." He said, his words somewhat shaking me. He said she lost her memories, but she remembers she had a boyfriend and she decided to marry him and it all ended in a bad way. So probably Daksh should be that ex-boyfriend of hers. But why he is saying she lost her memory when she remembers everything? She acted like she didn't even know him.

Now my mind is a fucking mess, so many questions raised in my mind and only one person can answer my questions, it is Dhriti Krishna.

"But Daksh, I don't know whether you're saying the truth or not and neither I give any fuck about that. The only thing I want you to know is she loves me now. So you better stay away from her." I said leaving his collar with a jerk.

"Do you think she loves you?" He asked cocking his brow.

"Of course she loves me," I said.

"You're wrong then she doesn't love you, Aarush. She loves me, why do you think that she reject the proposal of marrying you which your family asked for? Because she loves me, I already said to her that she was my girlfriend yesterday itself. Maybe the pain of not remembering me made her panic," he said. I laughed at him with no humour.

"What are you blabbering, Daksh? She doesn't love you if she did, she wouldn't asked time to think about marrying me." I said to him.

"Aarush still you're not getting it. The relationship me and Dhriti have is not like yours. Our relationship is deep, we're not only connected by hearts but by souls also. We were very close by physically and mentally also. I'm sure that she will definitely give a second chance to our love, and she will become mine again. So now I'm saying Aarush, stay away from my girl." He said and walked away from me. I bumped my fist into the wall not able to control the rage surging through me. I know what he meant by saying they were close by physically and mentally. Like I give a fuck about that. Yeah, the thought of someone touching her gets on my nerves but it was her past.

But a doubt arose in my mind, will she give a second chance to Daksh? Will she get back with Daksh?

✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

D h r i t i

Now I'm in my Villa, no one knows that I'm here. I was crying mess since I overheard the conversation between Sidharth and Nithya in Udaipur.

✧✧✧

A few hours ago in Udaipur

I was walking back to my room after saying my decision to Aarush's family that I couldn't make an impulsive decision about marrying him.

"Aarush will not accept her after he came to know what was her past." I heard Sidharth's voice making me halt my steps.

"Aarush loves her Bhai, I will lose Aarush for good," Nithya said.

"Love? Do you think that Aarush will love her after he knows who was Dhriti, what happened to her seven years ago?" Sidharth asked Nithya as my heart pounded in my chest.

"He will," Nithya uttered.

"No, he will not. I'm his friend, I have known him for years so he will not accept a girl like him even if he wants to do that but for his family's reputation, he will not make her his wife. Her own family ousted her for the sake of their family's reputation. So do you think that a family like Malhotras will accept a girl like her as daughter-in-law? And about Aarush, he even doesn't use a thing that some others have used and thrown. So when it comes to the person who wants to be his life partner, he will not accept a girl like Dhriti." Sidharth said making my heart stop beating.

No, my Aarush is not like that. He doesn't throw me out of his life for family reputation. . .

"So you're saying Aarush will not make Dhriti his life partner?" Nithya asked as tears rolled out of my eyes to my cheeks.

"Yes," Sidharth replied.

"So I will get Aarush?" Nithya's excited voice reached my ears.

"Of course my baby sister." Sidharth chuckled. I didn't stand there after that to hear their rubbish talks. I came to my room with tears in my eyes.

✧✧✧

I know I shouldn't believe that asshole's words but somewhere inside me, the insecurities inside me are not either allowing me to neglect those words. "What if" this question is arising in my mind. Sidharth's words are ringing in my ears, hitting every nerve of me and stabbing my heart.

Thinking about these all I don't even know how I held back tears by sitting near my brother when we were coming back here. So when we reached Mehra Mansion I sneaked out from there without getting caught in anyone's eyes. I don't even know how I managed to sneak out of Chris's eyes.

Anyways I'm here. . . Crying and screaming my heart out. Not knowing what to do. If Luke and Jerry had been with me I would have felt somewhat calm but now they are also not with me.

I wouldn't have fallen in love again. I don't want this pain when I'm already in a fucking misery.

I snapped out of my thoughts when my phone rang. I took my phone and it was a call from an unknown number. I attended the call.

"Hello," I said, my sound was raspy because of crying continuously.

"Hello, Ms.Dhriti Krishna. Oops! She-monster. Did you recognize me?" The voice that came from the other side was dark and dead. And how did he know that my name, she-monster which I wrote in the note when I burned the drug container of Red Marvel?

"Who the hell are you?" I asked.

"Ouch! You wound me. Anyway, I will give you a hint. Because of me, your life was ruined seven years ago," he said.

"Red Marvel?" I mumbled.

"That's my girl! Still brilliant as fuck, are we?" He said, his voice is rough and deep. I felt a familiarity in his voice. I have never interacted with him directly like this even when I fall prey to his network.

"How did you get my number?" I asked him oblivious to who he was.

"You burned my drug container which was worth millions of dollars easily like you easily plucking a flower from a plant. So it's not that difficult for me to find your
number." He said. He is indirectly informing me that he knew I was the one who burned his drug container. Like I would give any fuck about that.

"So why did you call me?" I asked him, my sound was emotionless.

"I called you because I want you to come to me, leave everyone and everything behind you and come to me, Dhriti. Otherwise, you will lose everything." His voice turned to a threatening voice. I let out a humourless laugh.

"Oh my god! I'm shivering in fear because of your threat. Do you really think I will come to you by leaving everything only to become prey in your network again? Then you're wrong I will not and I'm not afraid of you, anymore." I said, making my voice steady and firm.

"Brave! I like brave women especially when it comes to you. The only woman who made my entire network in the shadow threat. So how can I let you roam around? Who knows what will you do? So come to me, if you don't, your loved ones will become sacrificed for your decision. Think about it, your beloved brother- Vikram Krishna, Your best friends- Ruhi Ahuja, Arjun Arora and Ishaan Mehra and the whole Mehra Family, who accepted you as their own daughter. And above all that you will lose your lover boy, Aarush Malhotra. You will lose everyone, forever. I will kill them all and at that time also you will not have other choices except to come to me. Do you want to make everyone suffer for your stubborn decision?" He said in a very calm voice, that will give us a chill too. I was already in a fucked up state and he made it more worse.

"I will not let you do that," I said ignoring his threat. But I know he meant every word he said. I will not let him control me.

"Look like still you're not taking my words as seriously. No issues, let's see what will be your reaction after seeing an example." He said. What the fuck does he mean?

"What do you-hello. . . Hello!!" He fucking hang up the call.

What is he going to do? Who is in danger? Who?

I could feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins as I tried to make sense of the situation. Shit! The uncertainty was overwhelming.

I flinched when I heard a deafening gunshot from outside my house. My heart skipped a beat as panic set in. Without wasting a second, I propelled myself towards the door and swung it open, desperate to see what was unfolding before my eyes.

My eyes widened in sheer horror, my heart stopped beating as I took in the scene before me. Standing before me was a man, his face concealed behind a menacing black mask, his hands gripping a deadly weapon and it was pointing towards my. . . Aarush, he was bleeding profusely from his shoulder. His body slumped against his car, his strength fading quickly with each passing second. Time seemed to stand still. I raced towards him, my feet pounding against the pavement.

The sight of his lifeblood seeping from his wounded shoulder was almost too much to bear. But there was no time to waste - I could see that the masked man was preparing to deliver another fatal blow. My vision blurred with tears as I tried to compose myself, my mind racing for a solution to this nightmare unfolding before me. Aarush's voice broke through the chaos, his question hanging heavy in the air.

"Babydoll, why did you come here?" he whispered, his pain evident yet hidden behind a veil of strength.

I didn't say anything to Aarush as my gaze shifted to the man who dared to touch my Aarush.

"If you dare to pull that trigger, only your lifeless body will go out of my property. Drop the fucking gun!" I yelled at him. He stared at me for a beat

One
Two
Thre--

"Babydoll, go inside." Aarush hisses. When my attention turns towards Aarush that fucker runs away from here. Shit!

Panic surged through my veins as I rushed to his side, kneeling down and cradling his face in my hands.

"Why the hell did you come here, Aarush?" I whispered, my voice choked with emotion. "Look at what happened to you. This is all because of me..." Tears welled up in my eyes, streaming down my face uncontrollably. I couldn't bear to see him like this, his body battered and broken.

He gently placed his blood-covered hand on my cheek, his touch surprisingly warm amidst the chaos and pain surrounding us.

His voice was barely a whisper as he reassured me, "It's not because of you." His words pierced through my guilt-stricken heart.

"Come let's go to the hospital, get up, Aarush," I said trying to make him stand.

"Before that," he stressed, his voice strained with pain, "I need to know something."

"Aarush, please let's go to the hospital. I will say everything you need but please let's go to the hospital. I can't see you in pain." I pleaded to him crying in front of him like I was begging for my life.

"No, I want to know this, do you love Daksh? Were you both in a relationship? Will you give him a second chance? Will you leave me?" He asked as I saw tears shimmering in his eyes.

"Who told you these all? Who the fuck told you these?" I asked him.

"Daksh. Daksh told me that you will choose him, you love him that's why you're not ready to marry me. So say it Babydoll, will you leave me? Do you love him? Will you go to him?" He asked me again, his voice shaking.

"Fuck him, okay? I don't fucking love him. These all are lies, we were never in a relationship. He was cooked up a story," I said looking at Aarush, tears did not stop in my eyes. Seeing him like this squeezes my heart. Seeing his blood is killing me.

"Really?"
"Yeah."
I pleaded with Aarush, " Please, let's go to the hospital!" He finally nodded his head and I quickly helped him into the passenger seat of his car. I rushed over to the driver's seat, fastened my seatbelt, and revved the engine before speeding off towards the hospital. I drove as fast as I could, determined to get us there as soon as possible."

In the middle of the drive, Aarush held my hand and intertwined our fingers. I looked at him and his eyes were half-closed.

"Why does it feel like I'm having the last moments of my life--"
"Shut up!"
"Babydoll, what will you do if I die--"
"Shut the fuck up! I will not let anything happen to you. When this Dhriti is breathing I will not let anything happen to you. Do you got it?" My tone became slightly louder as I spoke to him. Tears continued to stream down my face without ceasing.
"Are these tears for me? If yes, don't shed that for me. I will bleed more," he said wiping my tears with his other hand and he groaned in pain.

"Stay still," I said to him.

"I love you, Dhriti." He whispered brushing his lips on my knuckles and then he held our hand close to his chest. After that, he closed his eyes.

"Aarush? Aarush, open your eyes. Aarush!" I yelled.

"No no no. Why the fuck is this hospital so far? Aarush please open your eyes. Aarush. . ." I choked on my own sob as I drove recklessly.

"You promised me that you would not leave me, you promised me that you will never leave me alone. Fucking keep that promise, Aarush!" I said. I don't know whether he hears this or not.

After driving for what felt like hours, we reached finally a fucking hospital. I stopped the car and called some attendees for help. As they lift Aarush's unmoving body. He has still not opened his eyes.

My heart is pounding in my chest like it wants to burst into the confines of my own body as I'm standing outside the ICU.

Please please save my Aarush. Don't let him happen anything. Please please God!

I chanted in my mind not stopping for a second. But my phone's sound made me give a pause to my chanting. I looked at my phone and it was from an unknown.

Again that fucker!

I attended the call " You dared to touch him, didn't you?" I yelled at him.

"Yep, I dared. I already tried to kill him once but it failed then I let him go. But but. . . when I came to know that he loves you and you also love him. How can I let him go, Dhriti? No man deserves you. So come to me if you don't want anyone to get killed." He said making my every nerve hit with utter frustration and helplessness.

I maintained silence.

"Still you're stubborn with your decision then when you go back to the Mehra Mansion you will see the lifeless bodies of your favourite Papa, Aditi Ma, Isha Di and Ishaan. Or should I kill your world, your big brother? Dhriti, this time before you reach them, they will die. You will not be able to save them like you saved your Aarush. So take your decision wisely." He warned me. My breath becomes harsher. I know he will kill everyone if I neglect him.

"Okay fine. I will. . . Come to you." I said.

"Good girl. So book the flight tickets to America and go there tomorrow itself. If you dare to say anything to anyone. . . You know what will be the consequences and don't try to pull any stunts by thinking I'm in America. I will let you know where you have to go from America after you reach there." With that, he hung up the call. I sat on the chair as my legs gave up.

Why is this happening to me? With great difficulty, I escaped from him and now again my fate is taking me there. This is why I refused to make new relationships but these people here made their way into my heart even though I didn't want it. I don't want to make anyone suffer because of me. They all don't deserve this. To keep them all safe I have to go from here. I have to go from here leaving everyone behind me. Once I see that fucker I'm going to kill him even if I will get killed myself in that.

I saw doctor coming out from the ICU, "Doctor, how is he? He is okay, right?" I asked him desperate to know the answer.

"The patient's condition is stable, and we have taken appropriate measures to address his injury. The wound has been sutured, and we recommend the use of a shoulder brace for a week. Due to blood loss, he may experience temporary weakness. However, we remain optimistic about his prognosis and will continue to monitor his progress closely." I released the breath that I was holding. Thank god! Aarush is safe.

"Thank you, doctor." I expressed my gratitude to him.

"It's okay," he said.

"Can I see him?" I asked.

"Yeah, we will shift him to the room now and you can see him from there." He said and I nodded my head.

Aarush was shifted to the room a while ago and he is still in sedation. I sat beside him and took his hand in mine. There is a white bandage on his right shoulder, when I saw that I felt a pang of grief in my chest. I brushed my fingers in his hair.

"Aarush, why did you love me? Because of that, you're in danger in now. Why did you choose me to love? I don't deserve you Aarush. . ." I whispered.

"Seeing you like this. . . I can't, Aarush. When I saw blood seeping from your body, I came to know how much you're engraved in my soul, my mind and my. . . heart. As you said, my broken heart started to beat for you Aarush. But. . . I have to leave you, leave everyone I love because all of yours life are in danger." I said as my eyes welled up with tears.

"I would rather rot in hell rather than put your life in danger. I will leave tomorrow, Aarush. This will be the last time I will touch you. I don't know whether I will be alive or not but you will be there always in my soul. . ." I hugged him laying my head on his chest, as my tears flowed from my eyes.

"Before I go, I want to express something to you," I mumbled stroking his cheeks.

"I love you so much that I'm sacrificing myself for you. I love you Aarush. Your Babydoll loves you. . . You made me fall for you harder than I thought." I whispered.

I know you will be hurt and maybe you will hate me for leaving you like this but if you can, please forgive me." My heart heaves with pain as I said those words.

"Bye my nincompoop, you were such a beautiful memory of me. Next Day when you open your eyes, I will leave this place." I placed a kiss on his forehead.

I love you. . . Aarush. I love you. . .I love you. . . Aarush. I love you. . ." I whispered near his lips and gave a soft peck on his lips.

As I stood up and gave one last look to Aarush, my heart felt heavy with emotion. I quickly wiped away my tears, preparing to leave the room, when suddenly I froze in my tracks. There, standing a figure in the doorway.

"You're again going to leave him, aren't you Dhriti?" He asked walking towards me.

"You heard everything?" I asked him, he nodded his head as a reply.

"Then don't say this to anyone," I said.

"Why are you doing this? Why are you putting yourself in pain and Aarush also? Why are you going, Dhriti? Why are you running away?" He asked me.

"I have to," I uttered.

"I will not let you, I will inform your brother and everyone. I will not let you and Aarush be hurt by your this stupid act." He said taking his phone.

"Don't, Rehaan. Don't inform anyone about this. I have to go  from here and I will go even if anyone tries to block me I will go from here." I said.

"But why, Dhriti? Why are you doing this?" He asked me as slightly his voice raised. For the first time, Rehaan raised his voice at me.

"Because if I don't leave, your friend will fucking die. Do you want him to die?" I said raising my voice but it shook slightly at the end.

"What are you saying? How will he die if you don't leave? Is anyone threatening you?" He asked me.

"Look Rehaan, I can't say anything further than this. I want to keep everyone I love safe, for that I have to leave here. So don't say this to anyone, Rehaan. I'm begging you, Rehaan." I said to him.

"And yeah, when Aarush open his eyes, please text me and don't say anything to him also, Rehaan. " I said to him and came out of the room with tears in my eyes, my heart sank in grief. I'm leaving near that fucker who once destroyed me but I promise myself that I will never let myself go through that same thing and before that I will kill myself but not before killing that Red Marvel if I don't get him I will kill some of his men for my self-satisfaction.

❁︎❁︎❁︎❁︎❁︎❁︎❁︎❁︎❁︎❁︎❁︎❁︎❁︎❁︎
•°• ✾ •°•

Here is the new update. How is the chapter?

So many of my readers motivated me in the last chapter. So I wrote this chapter in such a speed. And thanks for loving ,you book this much. I love you all 🥰

If you like the chapter don't forget to press ☆ button after reading the chapter.

Share this story with your friends.

Don't hesitate to comment. I'm reading every comment and even liking every comment and replying to some comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 1.2K 10
He is Mr Handsome and the one who can conquer anyone in the business world. He has a past which no one knows. And that made him lose hope in love and...
17.9K 1.1K 31
I love you, Alara! My love for you knows no bounds-I would sacrifice everything for you!! ...
37.3K 2K 34
Book 1 of Tainted Series "Aapne maara hai mere maa baba ko. I hate you. Apni shaqal bhi dikhayi toh I'll kill myself " ~ Annahita Thakur β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’...
853K 63.3K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...