Dum Spiro Spero

By Pr0ngsandPads

Dum Spiro Spero- Latin for While I Breathe, I Hope 12 years, that's how long it has been since Evalyn last se... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue

Chapter 19

57 0 0
By Pr0ngsandPads

"Evalyn" A deep voice grunted from behind her. She turned around with a smile.

"Moody, everything alright?" Her eyes darted to the Triwizard Cup in the man's grip. "Is that it?" She pointed to the trophy.

"Yes, would you help me put it in the maze?" He started walking outside where the big hedge walls blocked the view of what lay inside.

Evalyn quickly ran up beside him. It took her by surprise how quickly the man could move with a limp. "I'd love to." Luckily, lessons were finished for the day so Evalyn was already changed into something more comfortable. She talked mindlessly about what has happened that day before a new thought popped in her head. "Do you know what happened to Mr. Crouch? I figured if anyone knew it would be you." Her head was down as they continued walking throughout the maze.

"No." The short answer bothered Evalyn.

"Nothing at all? I reckon he had it coming. I'm not a hateful person but the man had enemies. He should have learned to treat people better instead of worrying about his image." She fiddled with her bracelet, thinking about what the man did to her former friend. It didn't even occur to her that the ex Auror had fallen a few steps behind. Or that he pointed her wand to the back of her head. Darkness consumed her as she collapsed to the ground.

Her hands gripped at the grass underneath her. Slowly her eyes blinked open, taking in her surroundings. Evalyn was in a graveyard. With a groan she sat up and wiped at her eyes to get rid of the last of the fuzzy spots in her vision. Upon gaining full consciousness, she stumbled to her feet when several death eaters came into view. Her wand was missing. There was a spot of dried up blood on the side of her head from where she hit the ground. One death eater had their wand pointed at her, conjuring some sort of magical barrier between her and the rest of them. It was like she was trapped in a bubble.

An eerie voice spoke up, "Bring me to her." Evalyn nearly exploded when Peter walked up to the barrier. 'Is that a baby?' She thought as she glanced towards the bundle. Peter squirmed as she got closer, afraid she could break through the wall. "Evalyn, what a pleasure it is to see you again doll." The baby rasped.

The witch's eyes widened when it dawned on her who this individual was. "Voldy?!" She cackled, it was a laugh that could rival Bellatrix's. "Is that you?! Bloody hell! You're a baby!" The death eaters surrounding her tensed at her blatant disrespect. They watched as she bent over laughing, bringing her hands up to wipe her tears. "That's brilliant."

"Silence!" Voldemort shouted. This action made her laugh even harder. "I wanted to grant you front row tickets to the show." It was his turn to laugh when Evalyn quickly shut her mouth. His laugh sent shivers down the spines of everyone in the graveyard. A whirling sound was heard nearby, and nobody made a sound. Voldemort looked up to Peter with a sinister smile. "It's time."

Evalyn screamed when she saw Cedric and Harry, but they couldn't hear her due to a silencing charm. Her magic grew haywire, the golden light of her hair and eyes reflected off the barrier. Spell after spell she cast with her hands, but each one deflected off the wall. Peter said those two words, making Cedric's body drop. Never in her life had she felt so hopeless. Harry couldn't even see her yet. But she could see him. She was forced to watch the ritual that brought back Voldemort's form.

Suddenly, the death eaters and Evalyn were summoned. Voldemort taunted them, making them beg for mercy. The barrier around her flickered when Lucius became distracted. It was him holding the spell. If Evalyn could time it right, she could break out and help Harry. Her golden eyes darted between Voldemort, Harry and Lucius, trying to form some sort of plan. However, when Voldemort laid a finger on Harry's forehead, Evalyn lost it. The boy shouted in pain as the ground shook underneath her and Lucius.

He turned briefly, his eyes widening as they met her fiery ones. Ones that promised revenge. Ones that he might fear more than his Lord's. When Voldemort challenged Harry to a duel, both of them turned towards the commotion. The word Crucio left Voldemorts lips, and the barrier containing Evalyn started to smoke. A flicker of relief passed through her as the boy found protection behind a rock. That was short lived however, when the boy bravely step back out. Him against Voldemort. 'Bloody Gryffindors' Evalyn mentally cursed. Once the two spells connected, her barrier finally gave way. Lucius took his mind off of the spell for a brief second. She wordlessly sent spells towards the death eaters.

Voldemort was too focused on trying to kill Harry Potter to notice that she had broken free. In between spells, she punched Peter right in the face. Blood from the wizards nose covered her hand. The man, Goyle, shoved his body into her, making her fall to the ground. The taste of blood filled her mouth. She sat up, with a laugh. The death eaters gaped at the bloody smile. Not a single one of them would have believed a Hufflepuff could be so powerful, so intimidating.

A blinding light came from Harry's side of the duel, and she knew she had to get over to him. She sent vines up, pulling each of the death eaters down to the ground and cast a nonverbal Expelliarmus, tossing their wands to the side. The witch ran to Harry, who pulled her down to Cedric's body and cast an Accio towards the Cup.

When they arrived back, Evalyn was too dizzy to comprehend the commotion. She laid back on the ground while many people ran up. Blood covered her face and hands. Next thing she knew, Madam Pomfrey was fretting over her wounds, with tears in her eyes. "MY BOY!" Amos' wailing made Evalyn lean forward and vomit. 'If only I had been stronger, I could have saved him. I should have saved him.'

In the corner of her eye, she saw Moody leading Harry away from the scene. Evalyn immediately pushed out of Pomfrey's grasp and ran after the pair. A feeling in her gut told her that something wasn't right. She burst into the room right when Moody was talking about the graveyard.

"Harry get behind me." She grabbed the boy and shoved him behind her. "How do you know there was a graveyard?"

Moody smiled devilishly at Evalyn. "Oh Eva, I'm impressed. I see your training is holding up well."

Evalyn paled, and her breath got stuck in her throat. She shook her head in disbelief. "No, you can't be, it's not possible." Harry stepped out beside her, his wand pointed at Moody. He knew he wouldn't let Evalyn fight on her own.

Snape and Dumbledore arrived next, Evalyn didn't take her eyes off the man. "That's not Moody. Check his flask." A flick of her wrist conjured ropes to hold down the wizard. She knew exactly who this was. A rumble in the trunk across the room startled the group. The flicker of his tongue made Evalyn queasy.

"Polyjuice Potion." Snape sniffed the flask and passed it to Dumbledore.

Suddenly, the Professor started to transform. It took everything in Evalyn to stay composed in this moment. His eyes were trained on Evalyn the entire time. "Tell me Eva, did you miss me?" His smile would forever be engraved into her mind. Something that will be shown repeatedly in her nightmares.

She furrowed her brows, "You killed him didn't you?"

A crazed look lit his eyes, "It's like you said, he made a lot of enemies. You knew it would happen eventually. Now." He looked at the group in excitement before turning back to Evalyn.

Before he could say anything else, she cut him off. "Please B, please don't make me do this. I can't give you anymore chances."

The man pretended like he was considering it, but he let out an unsettling laugh. "Join us Evalyn. If me and you brought him Harry Potter, we would be treated like royalty." Dumbledore stepped in to handle the situation. The real Moody was freed from the trunk, while the Minister decided the fate of Barty. A dementor's kiss. A fate worse than death. Her and Harry walked away as Fudge summoned his dementor. Barty's crazed laugh was engraved into her brain as she fought the urge to turn back. The two collapsed in her office, both too numb and exhausted to cry.

The next day, Evalyn packed her belongings into her truck. Once she clasped it shut, her door swung open and she was tackled by a hug. Platinum blonde hair buried into her shoulder. "You scared me, you can't leave." He whispered. The boy had grown attached to Evalyn, and seeing her injured like that terrified him.

"I'm sorry Draco, I'm okay." He pulled away and they sat in silence. Seeing him brought back the images of his father in the graveyard. Without another thought, she unclasped Regulus' chain from around her neck. "I want you to have this." She handed it to him and the boy eyed it curiously. "It's okay to make the wrong decision, as long as in the end you can make the right one. If you need me in an emergency, that chain will alert me. I can't tell you if I will be back at the school next year since I'm not an actual Professor, but I will always be there for you."

"Before you leave can you tell me either of their names?"

Evalyn sighed, "Barty Crouch Jr." Draco paled, reading what happened to the man in the Daily Prophet that morning. "I will let you figure out the other one."

With that, Draco slipped on the necklace and gave her one last hug before running out of the room. Evalyn left the office and met up with the Golden Trio, giving each one a hug. "I will see each of you very soon hopefully." She turned to Harry, giving him the longest hug. "I won't let you stay with those gits for long, I will get you out of that house."

"Thanks Evie, I love you. And tell Snuffles I want to see him soon." She ruffled the boys hair and flooed to the next location.

12 Grimmauld Place.

Stepping out of the fireplace, she was tackled in yet another hug. 'Maybe it's the Black genetics?' She thought as she returned Sirius' hug. The couple tried to not think about the bad memories that this house brought to them. He leaned his forehead onto hers, savoring the fact that she was alive and in one piece. He hated not being able to go after her when he heard she was hurt. She finally let out her tears now that she was in her safe spot.

A few hours later, Dumbledore, Remus, Moody, Molly and Arthur and a couple others arrived. Dumbledore cleared his throat. "Welcome to the Order of the Phoenix."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

879K 35.5K 57
I need to get away I need to get away I need to get away Helia Blacksmith and people had never got on. Her blank stare and chilling gaze were...
1.9K 54 16
The irony, that the golden bird cage was a reflection of herself- a worthy possession of her dammed soul. Literally. sirius black x fem!oc A/n 2024...
3.5K 42 12
Sirius Black has been disowned, Remus Lupin is struggling with the reality of being a werewolf. Neither of them knows what their futures hold. When R...
754K 21.8K 33
For the first time in his life, Remus J. Lupin can't seem to get into a good book. Why? Because everytime his eyes go down to the pages, he finds him...