My contestshipping one shots...

Від 1bunnylover

(If you're not reading this on Wattpad, you're reading an illegal copyright version of it) Although this is... Більше

Same nightmare
Anything but pathetic
Losing Drew's journal
A little more than a hint
Bad day turned better
Manaphy's return
The colors of rose
Regretting nothing and returning the favor
Not so secret kisses
Dream come true
Did it for love
The way he looks at you
Really important to me
The big day
Runaway groom
Overprotective
Of memories and red roses
Birthday present
More than just an admirer
There is no one better
Make up, confess up
Questions and answers
Fangirl interference
Practicing
More than just tea
Girl problems
Unexpected interview
Rainy night in LaRousse
A Valentine's Day to remember
Met her match
The twin
Under the mask
LaRousse rivalry
A spark of true love (part 1)
A spark of true love (part 2)
Quit hiding it
Proposal approval (part 1)
Proposal approval (part 2)
Eyes
My favorite things
May
Only you (high school AU)
Love letter (high school AU)

The kisses test

143 7 7
Від 1bunnylover

May was in a bit of a daze as walked through the city. Her mind wondering to her last few interactions with Drew. Lately, something seemed different.

Sure, they had grown really close over the years, despite their still strong rivalry. It could just be wishful thinking, but she did suspect that Drew might, possibly, maybe have romantic feelings for her too. But how could she tell him without putting a possible strain on their friendship?

It was something that she found herself wondering more and more often. Yet she never seemed to find a suitable answer.

"If only there was a safe way to tell." May mumbled to herself.

Out of nowhere, a flash of purple and green appeared in right front of her.

"Ah, May! I was hoping that I would run into you." Harley greeted.

May jumped back with a loud yelp, startled from the sudden sight of her other, more invasive, rival. Even after all these years, he never failed at dropping in when you least expected it.

"Harley! You scared me." May gasped.

Harley cupped his cheeks and put on his most concerned expression. To anyone else, that would have been convincing, but May knew better. Not that it was worth mentioning.

"Oh my, I'm terribly sorry. I just saw you there and I wanted to ask you something. I do hope you're not mad at me." Harley pouted.

May calmed herself down and managed a simple response.

"It's fine. What did you want to ask me?" May questioned.

Harley's worried expression quickly changed to a happy, eager one. Which would be suspicious from anyone else, but this was just typical Harley for her. Might as well fuel her curiosity.

"You seemed a little spacey these days. So, I was wondering if there was something bothering you." Harley replied.

Now this actually surprised May. He only ever played concerned goodie goodie in the heat of a contest, to mess with her head. But they were a few weeks away from any contest. So this was so strange and very...unHarley like.

"Nothing is bothering me, but thank you for asking. It's very nice of you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I should be going." May informed him.

May tried to get around him, but Harley was faster. He stepped right back in front of her every time she tried to escape, until she gave up. Clearly he wasn't going to let her go until he said what he wanted to say. Might as well let him get it out so she can leave faster.

"Really? Because I was thought that you were worried about something. Like maybe you were worried that your coordinations were getting bland. Or maybe that Drew-"

"Drew?!" May yelped in surprise.

Out of everything, she hadn't thought that Drew would be an option. Especially, when she had been thinking about Drew before Harley started all this.

"So, I was right?" Harley beamed.

"What? N-no!" May shook her head rapidly.

She had to be firm and give a clear answer before Harley jumped to too many weird conclusions.

"I just...I meant...look, I was just surprised that you would bring him up as a possibility. We are friends after all and it's not like we are in the middle of a fight. So, it doesn't make sense. That's all." May explained.

Harley nodded, appearing to understand and take her word for it. Unfortunately, a smug smile soon showed itself and whatever relief she had flew out the window.

"I see you're still crushing hard and he still hasn't made a real move on you, yet. It's such a shame." Harley frowned.

"What? No, I-"

"Hey, I'm not here to judge you. Just here to give a little advice. A test, if you will." Harley offered.

May paused to consider his words. He had come up with a test to help her without a contest ribbon on the line? There had to be more to it, right? Only one way to find out.

"A test?" May asked hesitantly.

"Yep. I call it the kisses test." Harley remarked, proudly.

Now this was when the blush made its appearance on May's cheeks. How he could possibly say that with a straight face was beyond her.

"Harley!" May shrieked in horror.

"Oh, calm down. I haven't told you how it works yet. No need to get your bandana in a twist." Harley rolled his eyes.

May frowned and looked away, mumbling something about not bringing her bandana into it.

"Fine. How does it work?" May finally questioned.

"I'm glad you asked. So, you know those little chocolates that are called kisses, right?" Harley asked.

"Yes." May nodded.

"Well, here is the plan. You buy some and go up to Drew with them hidden. You tell him that you have kisses for him as a surprise for something. Then you give him the chocolates and see how he reacts. And then, of course, you come back to me and tell me all the juicy details." Haley grinned.

"Yeah...thank you for your advice and all but...I'm not doing that." May stated, seemingly unamused.

"Party pooper." Harley pouted.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, again, I should really be going." May information him.

With that, she began to sped walk away from him, hoping that he wouldn't continue his pursuit. Luckily, she was able to get away and continue her way back to the Pokémon center.

However, along the way, she saw a candy store, and one of the treats in the window were, in fact, chocolate kisses. Which reminded her of Harley's little plan.

"No, no, no this is ridiculous. I'm not doing it." May stated, shaking her head.

She crossed her arms in protest, ready to make the rest of the walk to the Pokémon center. She wouldn't give Harley the satisfaction, even if he wasn't there to witness it.

Only to walk into the candy store. She told herself that it was just to buy herself a few treats. That's it. Nothing more.

Yet, the only thing she walked up to the front counter with was a bag of chocolate kisses. Not that it meant anything.

"There's no way it will work." May told herself.

She handed the cashier the money and left with only the bag of candy.

"Besides, this is Harley's plan I'm talk about. This is probably just some stupid trick to mess with me. Right? Right." May nodded firmly in agreement with herself.

'Then why did you buy a bag of chocolate kisses?' May thought.

May stopped and took a moment to look at the bag in her hands. But in the end, she clutched the bag protectively.

"Shut up. No one asked you." May scolded herself.

With that, she finally made her way to the Pokémon center. Where she booked a room and went in to go rest and refresh herself.

Later on, she decided to go back out for a bite to eat, but not without the bag of chocolate. Whether it was a precaution in case she ran into Drew or would eat them for dessert, she wasn't sure yet. Only time will tell.

After a deliciously filling meal, May had paid for her food and was on her way.

Now, what to do with the bag of kisses? There was still the temptation to eat them herself, but she also wanted to test out the plan. Then again, what were the chances that she runs into Drew any time soon? No way the chocolate would last that long. Better to not waste such a treat.

Just as May went to open the bag and began snacking, the young man in question had appeared just around the corner.

"Drew!" May squealed in surprise.

Drew perked up at the sound of her voice and smiled when he saw her.

She quickly held the bag behind her back before he could see it, hoping she didn't look suspicious.

"Hey, May. Funny running into you here." Drew greeted.

"I'm glad I ran into you. There's something I wanted to tell you." May blurted out.

Drew blinked in surprise, but nodded.

"Go right ahead then." Drew gestured for her to continue.

May nodded. So far so good. She might actually get the plan done on the same day she found out about it. How exciting!

"I wanted to thank you." May stated.

"Thank me?" Drew raised an eyebrow.

"Yep. You helped me a ton with those last practice battles. So much that, I think you deserve a little reward. And what better than some kisses." May answered.

A blush instantly bloomed across the greenette's cheeks. He was at a loss for words. What was he going to do? What was he going to say?

'Okay, okay, calm down, Drew. You've been waiting for this moment for a long time. It's finally happening. You've prepared for this. Don't mess it up by saying something stupid. Play. It. Cool.' Drew thought.

With that, he took in a quick breath, flipped his bangs, and put on his most dazzling smile. This was his big moment.

"Some kisses, hu? If you're the one offering, I couldn't possibly say no." Drew winked.

May smiled, completely oblivious to his flirting and far too wrapped up in her own little plan to notice.

"Great! Here you go." May remarked.

She brought the bag out and practically shoved it into his hands. Drew blinked as he stared at the chocolate kisses. Well that didn't go at all how he thought it would. He glanced up in time to see her walking away in the opposite direction.

'That was fun.' May thought. 'Maybe I will have to thank Harley for the idea. But he will definitely try to get Drew's reaction out of me. Not like he'll get it out of me. Wait...'

May stopped. Realization slowly dawned on her that she had, in fact, not seen his reaction.

'Wait...I was supposed to wait and see his reaction! Oh no! The plan is ruined.' May thought in a panic.

She had been so excited about it that she forgot about the most important part of the plan. There was no way she could try it again or she would look too suspicious. What was she supposed to do now?

Luckily, Drew wasn't finished with this conversation. He quickly caught up with her and stood in front of her with the bag still in hand.

"Hey May, you sure these are all the kisses that you want to give me?" Drew asked.

"Eh?" May squeaked in surprise.

She hadn't really expected him to want them, let alone more. So, much for the kisses test. Might as well play along with this to not look suspicious.

"You want more? Well, I guess, I could get you some. How much more do you want?" May asked.

Drew glanced up and tapped his chin as if thinking it. Although it seemed innocent enough, May couldn't help but notice his smug little smile.

"Just one for now, but not the kind made of chocolate. Although, if you ask me, the kind I want is far sweeter than any chocolate." Drew finally answered.

"Oh, well I..." May trailed off as she proceeded his words.

The more she thought about it, the redder her face became. Drew didn't want the kisses made of chocolate. He wanted a kiss. As in a KISS. May laughed awkwardly and looked away as she scratched the back of her head.

'There is no way, right? I must heard him wrong or misunderstood something.' May thought.

"You mean a..." May trailed off, afraid to say it out loud.

Instead, she sheepishly demonstrated the act of kissing by using her hands. Hopefully he would understand the gesture and not make her say it out loud.

"That's right." Drew nodded.

"Oh...wait...wait, wait, wait! Hold on! Y-you want a kiss? Like a kiss kiss? On the lips? For real?" May gaped at him.

"And she finally gets it. So, does that mean you get the prize, or do I still get my reward?" Drew smirked.

It was odd being this blunt with her, but he was having fun. Plus, the added bonus of not being outright rejected helped fuel his ego and gave him some hope.

"From me? Right now? Why? Since when? What?" May rambled.

"If you must know, yes, yes, that's too long a list, and...let's just say it's been awhile." Drew replied.

May stared at him wide eyed and beet red.

'This can't...this isn't...but he...but I...' May thought.

This was not at all how the kisses test was supposed to work. Not at all. But that wasn't going to stop May from taking the chance. But there was something she had to know. Something she had to hear him him.

"I just...I need to know..." May trailed off.

"Know what?" Drew asked.

May gulped. It was hard to keep eye contact with him now, but she managed. Even if it was barely.

"How...how do you feel about me? What do you want us to be?" May questioned.

"I really like you, May. Although, at this point, I think it's safe I'm in love. I have for a long time." Drew replied.

That was all May needed to hear. She stepped closer to him, feeling light and also determined.

"Yes!" May suddenly yelled. "And...uh...yes. Both!"

Drew hummed in question, his smile beaming even more than before. Although he was a bit confused by her response, a yes was usually a good sign.

"You will get your reward and...I will get my prize." May clarified.

She looked so determined but still so flustered. He couldn't wait another moment and stepped even closer. His finger under her chin, tilting her head up to the perfect angle.

"As you wish." Drew whispered.

Then he pressed his lips against hers. May's eyes fluttered closed fluttered closed as she kissed him back. Her hands found their way to his chest as his free one looped around her waist.

"In case you haven't guessed, I love you too." May admitted as she pulled back.

"I hope so after that amazing kiss. Because that means I get to have more kisses." Drew remarked.

"Oh there will be many, many more." May beamed at him.

She leaned up and stole another quick kiss. And just as she promised, there were many more sweet, loving kisses shared between the new couple.

THE END!!!

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

16.5K 379 33
A collection of one-shots of Pokeshipping (AshXMisty) and Contestshipping (MayXDrew). These stories are my own writing, though some may be based on s...
26.8K 288 16
Hello. PTCVBF HERE. Welcome to my book of Ever After High Ships One Shots. It's pretty self explanatory so I think it's better to just start reading...
11.6K 226 20
Genre: Fanfiction/Romance May Maple has a secret that no one outside of her family, knows. One day her secret illness gets worse and needs to be cur...
5.7K 122 39
a collection of contestshipping/shuharu oneshots! :3 pretty much all fluff, hurt/comfort! some angst :) crossposted on fanfiction.net, ao3