Becoming a Maximoff

By Just_writing_a_bit

Book 3 in the Maximoff series. If you haven't read either of the books before, please do so. There is a short... More

Chapter 1: Hamilton, Scotland
Chapter 2: Cooking date
Chapter 3: Sunset
Chapter 4: What's your power again?
Chapter 5: 15 years later
Chapter 6: Soft*
Chapter 7: Visit
Chapter 8: Graduation
Chapter 9: 1 year anniversary
Chapter 10: Revelations and Rain
Chapter 11: Intimate Moments
Chapter 12: Finally 18
Chapter 13: Top Golf
Chapter 14: The job and a phone call
Chapter 15: Family bliss
Chapter 16: Where are you?
Chapter 17: What's going on?
Chapter 18: Who are you?
Chapter 19: Where to go?
Chapter 20: A short journey
Chapter 21: Into the base
Chapter 22: Vents have ears
Chapter 23: Stone
Chapter 24: Why?
Chapter 25: Find Wanda
Chapter 26: Remember me
Chapter 27: Against the rest
Chapter 28: What now?
Chapter 29: What was that?
Chapter 31: Bliss
Chapter 32: All along
Chapter 33: Attack
Chapter 34: Reunion
Chapter 35: Catching up
Chapter 36: Back at the compound
Chapter 37: Talking strategy
Chapter 38: Old room
Chapter 39: On the jet
Chapter 40: Wakanda
Chapter 41: Earthquake?
Chapter 42: Removal
Chapter 43: Forest
Chapter 44: Snap
Chapter 45: Half the population
Chapter 46: 5 years
Chapter 47: What do you know about quantum physics?
Chapter 48: Vormir
Chapter 49: 3 seconds
Chapter 50: Morgan
Chapter 51: We won
Chapter 52: The past
Chapter 53: It's not your fault
Chapter 54: Memorial
Chapter 55: 1 year
Chapter 56: Wedding day

Chapter 30: Everything could change

191 18 2
By Just_writing_a_bit

Pov y/n

We spend the rest of that day very calm, talking a little more about what happened and that we have to be careful from now on.
The chances of finding a new apartment this quickly are very low but we will try.

When I got out of the suit, I noticed a couple of bruises but none of them looked concerning, so I decided to ignore them for now. Wanda renewed the shield she put around our apartment and we found a place to store the stone.
We both send an email to our boss, telling them that we won't be coming to work on Monday either.
We have a lot to figure out at the moment and going to work honestly isn't our biggest priority, safety is.

Today is Sunday and I decided to try and 'examine' the stone a little more.
Wanda told me that the infinity stones all have different names and specialties but all she knows is, that Vision has the mind stone in his forehead, so it doesn't really tell us anything about this stone. Wanda sits on the couch in the living room, watching me with a mix of interest and worry. We decided it would be smarter to do it in the living room because I don't accidentally wanna destroy our bed.

"Be careful, babe." She reminds me and I nod and give her a thumbs up before taking the cloth with the stone into my hand.

My finger tips tingle and I get a little excited. I look at the tissue box I placed on our couch table and Wanda scoots to the other end of the couch, so I can't accidentally hit her.
I focus on what I wanna do and raise the hand with the stone in it, pointing it at the tissue box.

A sudden purple ball shoots out of the stone and almost hits the box, but just almost. Instead, it hits the floor, which smokes a bit but seems to be fine otherwise. Wanda gives me a look and I wave it off.

"Nothing happened." I tell her, way too excited to stop now. I try it again, and again, and again.
And I hit: the couch table, the armrest of our couch, the floor but not the tissue box.

"Why does it always look so easy, when you use your magic?" I almost whine and look to my girlfriend, who seems slightly amused but also a bit pissed that I am 'tending to destroy our furniture', to put it in her words.

She smirks a bit and raises her hand and with a tiny movement of her fingers, the tissue box starts to levitate.

"Show off." I mumble before aiming again and this time, I at least hit the tissue that's poking out at the top. But also the backrest of the sofa, making Wanda drop the tissue box and glare at me.

"I hit it this time." I grin and hold my hands up in defense.

"And the sofa too." She sighs and I press my lips together so I won't grin too widely.

"But this is different than in the base. There I had the stone in my backpack and could use both my hands." I say, more to myself than to Wanda.

She just hums and watches me put the stone into my empty backpack and put it on. I look around the room, unsure what to do now. I probably can't channel the magic as good as with the stone in my hand.

"Can you put the tissue box on the ground?" I ask and Wanda nods and lets it hover to the ground in front of me, smirking a bit when I playfully roll my eyes at her showing off her magic.

I concentrate on the tissue box again and move my fingers a little, trying to create the little wave that knocked everyone over just in less harmful.
It's not as harmless as I intended because I do hit the tissue box but also the couch table, shoving it towards the couch with some force. I stumble back a little because the wave fired back. Wanda grins at me from the couch, her legs pulled up.

"If you wanted to redecorate the living room, you could have just said so." She teases, apparently giving up on telling me to be careful and enjoying to tease me. I stick my tongue out at her, making her giggle a bit.

"But that worked pretty well, didn't it?" I ask and she tilts her head from one side to the other, not quite agreeing.

"Maybe you should start with channeling the magic. Get familiar with it and the way it feels." She suggests and lets a few red swirls dance around her finger, showing me what she means.

I nod, I can do that.
I hold up my hand in front of me, looking at my palm and concentrating on the tingling in the tips of my fingers. I slowly start to move them when the tingling seems to get stronger and glimpses of purple start to light up between my fingers.
It looks kinda mesmerizing and I forget to concentrate on the feeling and lose the few sparks. But now that I know I can do it, I try it again and smile when the glimpses light back up, quicker this time.

"That looks really good so far." Wanda says approvingly and I nod in agreement. "It also seems to activate your glowing effect."

I glance down at myself and see something glowing under my button down. Wanda gets up and carefully comes closer. I try to continue to concentrate on the purple between my fingers.

"Can I?" She asks and points to my chest. I nod, I don't mind her opening my button down, she saw me naked multiple times. But I appreciate a lot that she still asks.

Her fingers gently open the first few buttons, until she can expose my chest. Her eyebrows raise and I lose concentration and look down.

"What is that?" I ask and Wanda shakes her head.

"I have no idea. It looks like a necklace with the stone as chain pendant." She describes it.

"Can you see, if it's still in my backpack?" I ask her, glancing down at the necklace. She steps behind me and opens the backpack.

"It's not in here anymore." She tells me and I hum, that's interesting.

"So, it seems to transform into a necklace, when I'm not holding it but still use its power." I observe and Wanda comes to stand in front of me again to look at it.

She looks into my eyes before slowly raising her finger and moving it to my chest. Her eyes dart to mine again and I nod. She softly strokes over my collarbones and a little further down, stopping before she touches the necklace.
A weird tingle starts to form at the spot between her finger and the stone and a second later, little purple and red swirls start to form. They seem to pull towards each other, tickling my skin a bit in a weird sense.

"What happens, if I touch it now?" I think out loud and Wanda pulls her hand away, looking at me critically.

"I still wouldn't advice you to do that." She offers a piece of her mind.

"But it already touches my skin, so there shouldn't be any danger, right?" I point out and she sighs and steps back, just in case.

I move my fingers towards the necklace, feeling this weird pull again, making me want to touch it even more. The closer my finger gets, the more grows the longing inside me to touch it.

The second I actually do so, some force sweeps me off my feet and slams me into the wall a few steps behind me. I groan and hold my head. Wanda quickly hurries to me and kneels down next to me, her eyes scanning my body.

"Are you alright?" She asks and I sit up and nod.

"Just hit my head a little on the wall." I groan and she nods, brushing my cheek with her hand. She doesn't say 'I told you so', even thought she could but I appreciate it the more, that she let me try it and now helps me to get back up.

"I think the stone is back in your backpack." She says and I look down to see that it isn't on my chest anymore. I slide the backpack off and look into it.

"Yep, it's back in there." I agree and put the backpack down, having enough for today.

"You want something to cool the back of your head?" Wanda asks and I nod.
"That would be nice."

I follow her into the kitchen where she gets some frozen peas out of the freezer and wraps them into a towel before handing them to me. I thank her and walk back into our bedroom, laying down on the bed, the peas used as my pillow, so I don't have to hold it in place. Wanda flops down next to me and for a while we lie there silently.

When Wanda sits back up, I turn my head to look at me. She shuffles closer, until she is right next to me and puts her left arm on the other side of my body, holding herself up above me.

"This got me thinking." She starts and gestures to my head. I raise an eyebrow.

"The peas?" I ask and she chuckles and shakes her head before gently brushing some hair out of my face.

"Our situation and the kidnapping and all that. We were living happily the one moment and the next moment, we are in a Hydra base, trying to escape." She says and I nod, understanding her thoughts.

"Things changed really fast." I agree and she nods. "Yeah."

"Who knows what comes next."

"Don't think like that. Don't expect something bad to happen. Be positive. Maybe it'll stay good for once and we can be happy and free again." I try to cheer her up and a little smile tugs on her lips.

"I want to be positive but I am being realistic right now. We don't know what is about to come and what we have to face. The only thing I do know is, that I will love you, no matter what happens." She says and my heart grows soft and I raise one hand to cup her face. She leans into the touch and puts her hand over mine.

"I will love you too, no matter what." I promise and feel my heart beating faster. Her smile widens a bit.

"I don't want anything to destroy our happiness or future plans." She says and I nod, a bit confused though where she is going with that.

"We will protect our happiness, so no one will be able to take that away from us." I assure her and she smiles and her thumb brushes over my knuckles.

"I want to be with you, y/n." She says and the butterflies in my stomach start to fly around.

"I want to be with you too, Wanda." I reply and she lightly shakes her head.

"I don't just mean now, I mean for a long time, preferably forever. I know, we are young and the future is a mystery and maybe holds some darkness for us but I know, as long as you are by my side, I will get through that." She says and I smile softly at her, her words touching me deeply.

"That is very sweet and I can only say that back. I also wanna be with you for a long time, preferably forever. And I don't think age plays a huge role in that. Some people find the right person sooner, some later but that doesn't change the fact, that it is the right person. And I believe, that you are my person, Wanda." I say and her eyes get even softer and she leans down to give me a sweet kiss.

"You are my person too, y/n and I don't wanna spend a day in my life without you. I wanna make you smile and laugh every day, even when it's a bad day. I wanna care for you when you're not feeling well and I wanna love you through everything the future holds for us." She whispers, her hand resting on my cheek, her eyes locked with mine. Her words make the butterflies in my stomach go wild.

"That almost sounds as if you want to propose to me." I whisper, not really joking right now and the fact that she isn't chuckling about that, makes my heart beat faster.

"Life can change so fast and I don't wanna miss my chance with you. So yeah, this is a proposal. Will you marry me?" Wanda asks and my eyes immediately well up at her words and my body almost explodes with joy. The question came as a surprise but I don't need to think about it.

"Yes, I will marry you." I say and my hand moves to the back of Wanda's neck, pulling her in for a long, loving kiss that she returns from the first moment.
When something drops onto my face, I pull away a little, to see Wanda crying, a huge smile on her face.

"Oh baby." I coo and wipe a tear away. She laughs a bit through her tears and takes my hand on her face to pull it to her lips and kiss my palm.

"It will be my honor to be your wife." She says, her voice quivering a little with joy and excitement and my whole body fills with pure happiness, just hearing her say that.

"The honor will be all mine." I reply and she smiles and kisses me again, instantly deepening the kiss and our tongues dance together while my hands wrap around her body, pulling her on top of me. Her hands move up to my face and she cups it while her lips still move in sync with mine.

When she pulls away, she rests her forehead against mine, pure bliss in her green eyes.

"I love you." She whispers and my heart almost skips a beat out of pure happiness.

"I love you too, fiancée." I whisper back and just saying the word makes me excited and lets Wanda's eyes sparkle.

"I just don't have a ring, to make it official." She says and I shrug and kiss her cheek.

"I don't need a ring to show my love to you." I assure her but she shakes her head and takes my hand.
With a little small movement of her finger, a silver ring appears on my finger. It's simple with a few white stones and just perfect.

"I want you to have one too, you're also engaged now." I plead her and it feels unfamiliar to say those words but they're true, we are engaged now. Wanda smiles and holds up her own hand and a few seconds later, the same ring appears on her finger.

"Now it's official." I smile happily and kiss her lips softly. She nods against my lips but can't stop smiling. But since I can't either, I don't mind.

"I guess, we have to plan a wedding now." She mumbles when we part again and I tug some hair behind her ear.

"I guess we do. Good thing, that I know nothing about that." I say and she giggles and just kisses me again. I think I am the happiest girl on the planet right now. 

A/n: That was quite a surprise. But a good one, I hope. :)

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 803 55
Natasha Romanoff never thought about catching feelings towards the girl she didn't trusted the most. But one night changed everything. this story wi...
16.1K 624 19
Disclaimer: All rights go to Wandanat on AO3 who gave me permission to share their work -0-0-0- Losi...
12.9K 641 28
"He's taken one hostage." "Information on them?" "Yeah. HYDRA volunteer. Apparently Loki made a partnership with them for the scepter, they backed ou...
44.5K 1.6K 48
21 year old Y/n just moved across the street from the Maximoffs. You are successful at a young age working for Stark Space Administration. Wanda is...