The HalfBlood- FourthWing Fan...

By Quietdreamer52

Freya Sorrengail. The halfblood. Born different than her siblings she always stood out. Whether it was appea... More

characters
1- Conscription Day
2- The Parapet
3-The Crossing
4- Official Cadet
5-Fourth Wing
6- The Sparring
7- The Journal
8-The Woods
9- Admiring Your Work
10- The Kill
11-Traitors Side
12-Not Your Mother
13- The Gauntlet
14- The Burning Pile
15-Presentation Day
16- Presentation Day 2
17- The Gold Dragon
18-Threshing
19- The Drefected One
20-Bonded
21- A Rider
22- Protection
23- The Attempt
24- I Heard Him!
25- Body Guard
26- Severed
27- Liam Mairi
28- The Scroll
29-
30- The Feelings Through The Bond
31- The kiss
32- The Fight
33- Mistake
34- Authors Note/ Training
35- Preparation
36- The Flight
37- Squad Battle
38- Squad Challenges
40- The Task
41- After the Task
42- The Front Lines
43- Front Lines 2
44-
45- The Attack / Authors Note
46
47- The Confession
48- Getting to know you
49- Why'd you want to know me?
50- Reveal me/ Authors Note
51- Chaos
52- Reveal me pt.2
53- Revealed to me
54
55- Feelings
56- Love Triangle
57- 2 sides
58
59- The Party
60- 1 Love
61- Everything is yours
62- The Final
63- The Final pt. 2
64- The Betrayal
65- The Betrayers
66- Dead Anyways
67- Die a traitor
68- The Wyvern
69- The Battle of Althybene
70- The Battle of Athybene PT.2
71- To Bend Death
72- Is To Sacrifice Life
73- Finale pt.1
73- Finale pt.2
75- Finale pt.3
76- Life for a Life
77- The End
Book 2

39- The Final Task

1K 51 15
By Quietdreamer52

Liam wipes the floor with Kieran bumping us up to 5th. He didn't kill him, but he broke his leg. Apparently it's common to wanna wipe out as many as possible so you can climb the rankings. 

In our case, mission accomplished.

Each day of the week was another challange, The next day was the Gauntlet which I was a little worried about since it's blustering cold and theres ice. Xaden came to my room that morning making sure I was one of the first ones to go since there would be more shadows.

His advice was not to be a dumbass, and don't fall.

Mission accomplish.

The next day was flight, they set up obstacles and have the other wings try to get you off you dragon or get the ribbon that was tied to your arm.

Again Xaden told me to be smart and don't fall. I came out first, keeping me on and my ribbon tied seemed like child's play against the other cadets compared to Xaden.

Not to mention Rhys speed, it was almost pitiful how I drilled him.

Today serves as the last day of the Squad Battles, Xaden told everyone yesterday to be there at 8 sharp. So today I wake and wait for his usual escourt. I was tucked in my tighter fitted black top into my pants securing it with a belt when the door knocked..lighter.

I immediately picked up on the tone opening the door to see Liam smiling brightly down at at. "Morning beautiful." 

I immediatly grinned, " Wanted to get here before Xaden or what?"

He comes in my room closing the door before lightly shrugging. " I guess I'm allowed to see you now, infact he said I needed to be your official  escourt down to the last event today."

" Really?"

" Oh yea, I was so happy I almost kissed his feet." He smiles making me laugh.

" I didn't know it was such a privilege being at my side."

" Oh, the greatest." He replies.

I hum still grinnig, " Well, let me braid my hair and we can go? Do you know why he didn't come?"

I decide to do my single on the shoulder braid, Liam watches my hands weave intently " Why rather big grumpy shadow man was here?"

I laugh once more shaking my head, " No, I enjoy your company it's just out of character for him."

" Thought the same thing." He claps his hands, " Well, shall I escourt you down?" He says in almost like an high class accent making my eyes roll at his gesture. 

" I suppose you shall."

He even offered me his arm which I just looked at, gave him a look, then started walking. " Ouch." He mutters not skipping a beat before walking right next to me.

We waited for Hetta so we could all walk together as we met in the courtyard where Lark and Kamori, and Carr were along with some of the other teachers. I happen to notice Dain or any of the superior weren't present, same with the Wingleaders.

What the hell...

Obviously I wasn't the only one who knew this as the others notice as well. " Sorrengail, where the hell is Riorson?" Imogen asks walking up to me with Emery and Heaton.

" Your guess is as good as mine."

" Shouldn't you know seeing your mated to the damn guy?" 

I narrow my gaze at her, " We're not mated."

She rolls her eyes, " Fine, bonded..whatever.." She looks around " What is going on?"

As if on Cue Carr steps to the middle projecting his voice for all of us to hear. " Good Morning."

Everyone quiets down looking back at him. " As I'm sure alot of you noticed, your higher ups from your and neighboring squads are not here with us today. And no, you don't need to fine them. Your final roll is to see how well you can work with your squad without Commanding officers, when in battle your not guaranteed to live. Act as if they died."

" Well damn." Sawyer mutters behind me as we still listen.

" Your task is as follows: You need to find something that let's say.. would be the most benefical in taking down the enemy. It can be anything within these walls, you'll have 2 hours to aquire that item and bring it back here to be judged. Whoever wins will get 100 points added to their score."

I believe right now we're in 4th so the points would put us in a huge lead to 1st, like Xaden wants so badly... Did he not know about this? He should've told us, or something.

" You can't cheat your way in every battle." Rhys hisses making me want to verbally tell him to shut up. But he's right...

Everyone diperses in thir squads running every which direction, Imogen takes the lead leading us to the woods right where they had that meeting that night. " Ok, so... Anyone else want to be in charge or are you all good with me?"

I look around, everyone nods in agreement including myself. " Since you already lead us this far.. minus well."

She nods, " Ok, so.. what could we even get? Something that would weaken the supposed enemy?"

" A weapon...duh.." Ridoc answers dumbly.

" That's basic, everyone will want to get a weapon.... We need something big..something no one else could get.." Liam counters.

" A dragon!" Ridoc almost yells.

" Do you wanna get burned alive?" Imogen huffs already annoyed with Ridoc and his attempts.

" Freya had Andarna.. she's the only dragon that could fit in the college." Sawyer adds.

" I'd rather not." Andarna's soft voice says shakily.

" You won't..." I answer back.

I shake my head, " Technically, she's not a full war fighting dragon...though it's a good idea.." I say amongst the group, " We need something no one else could think of getting..something so...difficault.."

The idea pops in my head as my eyes widen and a small smile forms on my lips. " I have just the idea.. It's stupid..maybe a little dangerous..but if we can get something from there..anything...we'll win by a landslide."

Imogen looks back at me with a little smirk and lint in her eye, " Well, we know your good at stupid things so.. what are you thinking?"

" We break into General Sorrengail's office." I answer making everyone's jaw hang open besides Ridoc's. "  Oh Hell yea!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 418 17
Alexandra Melgren is the only child of General Melgren and she hates her father. She joins the Rider Quadrant to get out of his control with her frie...
32.7K 1.3K 17
Belladonna Sorrengail, twin sister to Violet, decided to follow her sister to the riders quadrant instead of going to the healers quadrant. Kind of...
2.6K 167 15
Being the only daughter of King Tauri can be difficult, especially after her oder Brother Alic died in the threshing mill two years ago. For this rea...