Through the Looking Glass

By Peaceinourtime1938

The sequel to the New World Order. The Whole of the Organization of Free Nations found itself on planet Ear... More

The Story so Far
A Brave New World: Welcome to Earth
A Brave New World: Old World Blues
A Brave New World: Colliding World
A Brave New World: Ghost of the Past
A Brave New World: The Ever-Changing World
Intelligence Dossier: Osteria's Organization
A Brave New World: Into the New Century
A Brave New World: Pandora's Box
A Brave New World: Force Unleashed
Intelligence Dossier: Operation Gothic Serpent and Nation Building: Somalia
A Brave New World: the Giant Wakes
A Brave New World: Epilogue
Smoke and Mirror: Playground in the Shadows
Smoke and Mirrors: The World of Tomorrow
Smoke and Mirrors: Consequences and future
Smoke and Mirrors: Rerun of the past
Smoke and Mirrors: To Mold a world part 1: the Road of Hope
Smoke and Mirrors: To Mold a World part 2: is built on the Path of Lies
Smoke and Mirrors: To Mold the world part 3: Where Truth is Buried.
Smoke and Mirrors: To Mold the World part 4: beneath the sand of ignorance
Intelligence Dossier: The United Federation of the 21st century
Smoke and Mirrors: Herald of Progress
Smoke and Mirrors: Into the Flames of Conflagration
Smoke and Mirrors: With a Whimper
Intelligence Dossier: The Bridge Between Worlds (USA)
Smoke and Mirror: The New World Slowly Emerges
Smoke and Mirrors: From the Ashes of the Old
Intelligence Dossier: The Scion of Minerva; The Black Eagle and the Black Dragon
Smoke and Mirror: Of our own accords
Intelligence Dossier: The Scion of Minerva: Imperial Eagle and the Blue Rose
Smoke and Mirrors: Eruption of Malevolence
Intelligence Dossier: Scion of Minerva; The House of Lion and White Tree
Smoke and Mirrors: Drums of change

Smoke and Mirrors: Peace Everlasting

290 13 47
By Peaceinourtime1938

New Eden, United Federation, 

November 01, 2007, 9:00 am. 

Located within the city of New Eden, the capital of the United Federation is the presidential block, the official residence of the President of the United Federation, and inside the residence of the head of government, a conversation takes place between a select member of President's executive cabinet with the head of state in attendance seating at a rectangular table beside President Lilian Stoke. 

"That is quite a hefty price tag, " President Lilian Stokes remarked while glancing at Emperor William Smith, who nodded in agreement at her remark, "What do you think? " she inquired while looking at William who is currently deep in thought. 

William Smith, the head of state of the United Federation and the first emperor of the Federation speaks as soon as the former is done speaking, "The data gathered would be very sufficient for the direction of our military, " he continues to speak while looking at President Lilian Stokes who agrees with his observation, "We will have this leak to the media, " he suggested. 

"That would galvanize the public to agree to an emergency increase in defense spending for next year, " the head of the Department of Finance remarked in response to hearing the suggestion of William. 

"Well we have no problem on Ground and Naval combat Assets but according to the training exercise our aerial and naval mobility capability is lacking, " the head of the Department of Defense, Secretary Lee Raymond stated reminding everyone of the finding of the year-long military exercise conducted by the Federal Army, "We would have to increase our mobility capability two folds to ensure a flexible response to threats from within and without. " 

"We can all agree that the Military matter has been taken care of. " President Lilian Stokes speaks and upon seeing no one voicing their concern a holo display screen is activated which shows the agenda of the meeting with the military matter being crossed out, "Let us now proceed to the Intelligence matter, " she continues to lead the meeting and as she speaks she glances at director Anastasia Thompson, "Director? " 

Director Anastasia Thompson speaks and a holographic keyboard and a holo screen materialize in front of her for the rest of the government officials, a holo screen appears in front of them while a holographic projection of the globe materializes at the middle of the table highlighting the middle east region. 

"The Middle East? " Secretary Amelie Bradshaw, the head of the department of foreign affairs questioned upon recognizing the highlighted region, "Old news, " she remarked while looking at director Anastasia Thompson, "Who cares about the Arab-Jewish question? " she jokingly remarked which made some of the members of cabinet chuckled. 

"Technically speaking we don't care about how they kill each other since who cares about the Middle East given that oil is practically useless to us, " Director Anastasia Thompson stated but before she could continue Secretary Lee Raymond cleared his throat, "Of course, the Armed forces need natural gas for its flame throwers, " she stated, "The bottom line is that the synthetic resource industry has fully replaced the petroleum chemical industry. " 

"Well the only reason why we still haven't considered mass adoption of Plasma flame throwers is that we need a good enough power source that is stable even in the heat of battle, " the head of the Department of Defense remarked with a smirk in his face, "Plus Plasma Throwers are not exactly humane considering that our nearest threat would be the member states of the United Nations, " he stated before clearing his throat, "Once it became known that we have used Rail gun assault rifle the United Nations Commission on Human rights have made quite a noise. " 

"Somalia wonderful times, " Emperor William Smith remarked, "And to a lesser extent Afghanistan and South America, " he stated with a smile on his face before laughing for a few seconds, "I miss the time when we can just sink an entire fleet of enemy warship or sending in a show of force with a gunboat. " 

"Indeed those were the good times, " President Lilian Stokes remarked before looking at director Anastasia Thompson, "Please do continue. " 

"Our infiltration of Al Qaeda group has started to bear fruits, " Director Anastasia Thompson reported while looking at the holo screen in front of her while configuring the projection with the holo keyboard and control pad once she was done with configuring the setting of the projection system a series of holographic display screen materialized with a line pointed at Iraq and playing on the new display screens are video showing the ongoing civil strife. 

A smirk appeared on the face of the secretary of foreign affairs upon seeing a female news reporter reporting about the recent ambush conducted by the Al-Qaeda group on a stretch of highway that leads to the city of Mosul, her eyes then narrowed down on another display screen showing the recording of a battle that is occurring on the city of Fallujah between Loyalist elements of the now defunct Iraqi Republic and soldiers from the British Armed Forces and by the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Germany, "I have to hand it to First Echelon you folks know how to turn up the heat, " she remarked while seeing a Marder 1 explode after being hit by a rocket fired from a three-story building. 

"Arming Insurgency is simple keeping them beneath our boot heels is the hard part, " she stated while the holographic projection of the globe rotated downward and highlighted the Arabian Peninsula after the projection stabilized a display screen materialized pointing at the city of Mecca where an ongoing insurgency against the House of Al-Saud is taking place, "They call themselves the Islamic State of the Arabian Peninsula, " she stated, "Splinter group from the Al-Qaeda movement, " director Anastasia Thompson informed everyone inside the room of the identity of the group that has exploded in popularity in the world wide web leading to an increase in search traffic.  

"Ain't that a little bit too early? " William Smith inquired while glancing at director Anastasia Thompson upon hearing the name of the organization that has splintered from Al-Qaeda.

"Time has changed Your Majesty, " Director Anastasia Thompson responded, "There is a general sense of dread in Saudi Arabia due to the financial crisis and fear once the world has truly moved away from fossil fuel and natural gas, " she stated before clearing her throat, "And fear is where we thrive. "

President Lilian Stokes chuckled upon hearing the former's remark about fear, "Spoken like a true villain, " she pointed out, "Anyway When will have the legal justification to send a carrier battle group to the Gulf of Aden? " 

"Soon very soon, " she replied, "According to my counterpart from the Imperial Republic of Soren something is bound to give away, " the director of the First Echelon Directorate pointed out with a smirk on her face while glancing at the holo screen in front of her showing an information breakdown on Yemen before looking at the globe and seeing a section of the coast of the Islamic Republic of Iran, "My Mistralian counterpart have informed me that they are in the process of consolidation in the Arabian Peninsula. "  

"Houthi rebels, " William Smith remarked upon hearing the name of the organization that is being covertly supplied by the Imperial Republic of Soren, "And an Islamic State of somewhere, " he remarked while looking at the holographic display screen which is showing a breakdown of information concerning the middle east region, "Anyway what about our guest from afar? " 

"Oh they will be arriving soon and we have everything well taken care of, " director Anastasia Thompson responded with a smile on her face upon being asked about the scientific mission from the South American nations and some countries in Africa which the United Federation would be assisting with concerns for artificial Intelligence. 

Beim, State of North Calidonia. 

The city of Beim, a major urban center of the United Federation with a large and well-developed industry centered around manufacturing and technology and within the city's commercial district located close to the city center is a five-star hotel that the government of the United Federation has fully booked for Six Months to accommodate for the Scientific Mission from the select members of the United Nations whom the Federation scientific community will assist. 

A young woman who has the figure of a thirty-six-year-old woman with red eyes and red hair stands behind the reception desk looking at the automatic glass door, "They are getting closer, " she remarked to herself while looking down at a panel and sees the street map of the city of Beim and seeing several red dots moving along a predetermined path she narrows her eyes on the timer display showing the estimated time of arrival, "It is only a matter of time, " she remarked to herself while glancing at the security guard roaming the lobby, a newly hired security guard, a young man in his early 40s armed with an assault rifle and equipped with a system interface and once the two made contact she nods and a smile appeared on the man's face as he continues to go about his routine patrol on the lobby together with a robotic dog. 

The young woman in her early 40s who is standing beside the former looks at the panel that the former is using to track the convoy and upon seeing the estimated time of arrival of the foreign guest she speaks, "Oh they are closing in on us, " she stated while looking at the blue line that leads to the five-star hotel that she is working at for the past ten years, "We have a lot of new guys in here, " she remarked while glancing at a group of Hotel porter who is wearing their uniform which composes of white trouser, red jacket with golden embroidery, a white cap and gloves "I think most of the stuff is new even you. " 

"Look at the bright side at least they get experience, " the thirty-six-year-old woman responded with a smile on her face, "And some of your colleagues get to experience a six-month vacation. " 

"Not fair that I lost the lottery, " she replied with a sigh, "Still don't you think that this is quite sudden? " the young woman inquired which made the former raise her eyebrow, "Oh right anyway let us gust serve our guests, " she stated before looking at the automatic glass door which opens sideway and a group of men and women all wearing formal attire entered the lobby room and walk towards the reception hall, "Greeting and welcome to Hotel La Silentium, " she greeted the members of the United Nation's scientific team hailing from South America and select countries found in South Africa, "We have been made aware of your arrival and the government of the United Federation has booked the entire hotel for our honored guests, " she speaks while the Hotel porter approached the group and offering their assistance in carrying their luggage.

"Greetings Ma'am may I please take your luggage to your suite? " A young man in his early 30s wearing a white trouser, red jacket with golden embroidery, a white cap, and white gloves inquired. 

"These porters are your assistance during your stay in our hotel, " The thirty-six-year-old woman with red hair and eyes who was observing their movement through a panel screen a white ago informed the members of the Scientific Mission, "Your rooms have already been assigned and the government will take care of your expenses, " the young woman stated with a smile in her face which reveals her sharp fangs. 

"Are you by any chance a vampire? " A young man in her early 50s, a government official from the Republic of Brazil, the head of the Brazilian Scientific Mission inquired upon seeing the former's fangs. 

"Yes I am a vampire, " She responded with a smile on her face. 

A young woman in her early 40s speaks upon hearing the former's race, "It seems to me that you vampires are always youthful and beautiful, " the head of the Argentinian Scientific Mission pointed out which made the female vampire, the young woman that has the figure of a Thirty-six-year-old woman chuckle. 

"Once your name is called please do step forward so we can give you your room number, " she instructed after regaining her composure after a few seconds she once again opened her mouth, "Mister Marcelo Yamada Rocha, " she called. 

The young man who asked about her race walked forward and handed the key to his suite, "Thank you, " he stated with a smile on his face, ' Most of the staff here must be from their Domestic Intelligence Agency, '  he remarked while walking towards the elevator while the young woman that talks about the vampire's natural beauty and youth walk forward, ' So that is her name, '  he remarked upon hearing her voice, ' Eleonora Piccio. '   

Eleonora Piccio, the forty-four-year-old woman smiles after getting the keycard to her suite, "Thank you, " she stated in her native language which the female vampire understands due to the system interface that automatically translates her response,' Definitely someone from the intelligence community, '  she mentally remarked while looking at the receptionist's name tag, ' Akasha Hopkins. '

Akasha Hopkins, a female vampire in her early hundreds has the figure of someone in her early 30s called the next person while looking at the panel screen showing the identity of the person and the room assigned to him, "Room 300, " she informed the young man that was the head of the Chilean Scientific Mission, A young man in his early 40s, a computer engineer and data scientist. 

Meanwhile across the street deep beneath the coffee house, operatives from the First Echelon Directorate are observing the members of the Scientific Team while inside the room and looking at the large screen that is showing the identity of the members of the scientific team, "Eleonora Piccio, " the young man in his early 30s remarked while looking at the young woman that is heading towards the elevator, "Secretariat of Intelligence, Argentina's Premier Intelligence Agency, " he stated while looking at the woman's identity. 

"I am not sure if we can convince some of them to abandon their nation and serve the Federation's interest, " A young man in his early 40s remarked while his eyes narrowed down on the scientists who are part of the scientific mission, "These people decided not to immigrate to our nation when they have the chance. " 

"Some are sure to crack, " The young thirty-three-year-old man who was observing the head of the scientific mission from the Republic of Argentina responded, "There is a difference between hearing of the greatness of a nation and seeing it with their own eyes. "   

In another sector of the Intelligence hive located beneath the cafe two operatives from First Echelon are listening to the conversation between a young man and a young woman, "I can already smell it but I think most of the personnel of this hotel are government officials or operatives from their own First Echelon Directorate, " the young man, the husband of the young woman in her early 50s who is of similar age to him speaks while opening the curtain that are covering the window.  

"it is breathtaking to see it from here, " The young woman, fifty-four-year-old woman remarked while looking at the tall skyscrapers that are in their view, "And I am sure that during the night it would be very beautiful. " 

The two operatives continue to listen and record the two's conversation while sitting behind a table and looking at the holo screen that is providing a live cover of the suite that the two have been assigned, "I am just going to say that our duty is to observe them 24/7, " the young man in his late 40s remarked while sitting at the table and looking at the holo screen. 

"And we know what that entails, " the young man in his early 40s, the former's partner responded while looking at the two as they stared into the city skyline before suddenly kissing each other on the lips, "Our conscience is clear. " 

"It always has been. " 

Alexandria, Commonwealth of Briton. 

Inside a large room located within an international airport, a young woman in her late 30s is being interviewed by an Immigration officer, a young man in his early 30s with long elven ears long blonde hair, and blue eyes wearing a sleeve and black trousers pants, "Lady Antipova Lesya Yakovna, " he uttered the name of the young woman presented on her passport and as he speaks her name he looks at her face to see if she is truly who she is.  

"That's me, " Antipova Lesya Yakovna responded upon hearing her name being uttered by the immigration officer, an elven male with the figure of a thirty-six-year-old man. 

"I can clearly see that it is you, " The young man responded dryly upon hearing the former's response, "But we can never be too sure about someone's identity, " he stated while placing two golden bracelets on the table, "Kindly present your arm. " 

The young woman obliged and placed both of her arms on the table, "Wow I would say that this culture of placing bracelets is more like a proposal, " she dryly remarked while the immigration officer attached both of the bracelets into her arms. 

"Well the original method was with a scan but this is far more accurate since it disrupts your concentration, " he responded with a smile on his face while a progress bar suddenly appeared on the bracelet that was slowly filling up with green color upon reaching a hundred percent a display screen materialized coming from the bracelets informing the immigration officer that the process has been completed, "You know like the scanners but this is far more fast and efficient, " he remarked while detaching the bracelet. 

"And quite stylish, " Antipova Lesya Yakovna responded while eyeing the two bracelets, "So what is the scientific principle behind the bracelet? " she inquired while the two bracelets were being stored inside the counter and as she asked the question she handed over the necessary paperwork which the former requested a few seconds after the progress bar on the bracelet is completed, "I am a scientist, " she stated with a smile on her face. 

"Look lady I am just the immigration officer for this airport, " he responded while looking at the holo pad, "So immigration with a Type ST visa, " the young male elven immigration officer remarked after taking a glance at the Holo pad which contains the necessary information, "Approve personally by the Ambassador, " he remarked before looking at the young woman in front of her, "Type 1 ST," The young man calmly repeated the visa type before uttering the full meaning of the acronym that he uses, "Type 1 Science and Technology Visa. "

"I am a Computer Scientist, " she responded while the young man instructed her to place her arm on the device on the table, an orb used for standard screening upon placing her hand on the orb, the device started to shine with a yellow hue. 

"Please be reminded that if the device turns red it means that you are lying while if the device turns green it means that you are speaking the truth, " The young man explained to the former, "It scans your subconscious and I will repeat the question thrice after an entire set have been completed no matter the result. " 

"Lovely, " she responded and after a few seconds the question and answer portion of the interview started with the orb turning green for all of the questions, questions which asked for her name, birthday, sex, and gender orientation, "Seriously Sex and gender orientation? " she inquired while remembering the question asked before her purpose of visiting the United Federation which she answered with immigration. 

"Yes it is, " he replied, "To make population surveying more and more difficult, " the young elven immigration officer jokingly responded while the young woman removed her hand from the orb, "Sex means the sex that you are born with, " he explained to the former. 

"And Gender means orientation as of the present, " she responded before clearing her throat, "Oh come on everyone knows that for a fact, " the young Russian immigrant remarked which made the immigration officer roll his eyes at her retort when suddenly a loud shout is heard coming from the young woman next to her. 

"Excuse me I am a woman, not a man! " The young woman sitting beside her shouted after the orb turned red upon being asked about her sex, "You are bigoted for trusting this fancy lie detector. " 

The immigration officer, a young woman in her early 40s sighed before responding, "Ma'am what is your sex when you are born into this world by the grace of God, the Divines, or Allah, or anything else you may worship? "  

"I was born as a male but I am now a. " 

"Answer for sex should be male but for gender orientation female, " the female immigration officer responded, "Biological, and what is your societal constructed role that you believe you are, " she pointed out. 

"Excuse me? " she angrily questioned, "I Would have you know that that is a backward idea. " 

"False information, " the female immigration officer remarked before returning her passport, "Denied entry, " she stated before making eye contact with security personnel, and once the young woman that she was interviewing started to make a scene they were approached by the security personnel who promptly escorted the young woman out of the room who was screaming as she is walked out. 

"This is discrimination! " the young woman shouted in a loud voice while being escorted out of the immigration office by two security personnel who flanked her and dragged her out of the room. 

While the young woman is being escorted by two security personnel a chime is heard coming from the Public announcement system and after the chime is done playing a loud announcement is heard coming from the System, "This is Seras the artificial intelligence please be advised on the following definition of terms between gender and sex, " the voice of a young woman coming from the PA system announces, "Gender Refers to Societal Constructed Role while Sex refers to biological. "      

"Lady Antipova Lesya Yakovna, " the young elven immigration officer called, and the young woman that she was interviewing a while ago and witnessed the entire exchange looked at him, "You were saying something? " he retorted with a smile on his face which made Antipova Lesya Yakovna chuckled, "Welcome to the United Federation, " he greeted the young immigrant with a smile on his face while returning the papers that she submitted. 

Meanwhile, in another booth, A young man from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is being interviewed by a young female vampire with long red hair and red eyes who is wearing formal attire without the suit, "I am looking for work in the United Federation, " he answered the question for his visit to the United Federation while touching the orb which glows green confirming his answer, "While also looking to be naturalized. "

Upon hearing the reason for his visit, the young female vampire followed up with another question, "It says here that you have work experience for ten years in a steel mill. " 

"Yes the steel mill has cut down on its workers due to financial crunch, " he responded after his work experience was brought up, "According to the Union it was that or the entire business goes under. " 

"I see, " she responded upon hearing the former's circumstance, "That would be all, " the young woman concluded the interview and the orb started to dim while the young man removed his hands and as the young man removes his hand from the orb she returned the papers that the former submitted and after a minute he cleared, "Welcome to the United Federation, " she stated which made the young man smile before standing up and walking towards the exit. 

Once outside of the immigration room, the smile on the face of the young man vanished and as he walked inside the lobby he rolled his eyes, ' How repugnant, '  he remarked in a low voice while walking inside the lobby heading towards the exit and once outside the airport he is greeted by the rays of the sun alongside surveillance police drones going about their daily route patrol acting as a force multiplier in crime prevention, ' This is a form of a police state, '  he mentally remarked while walking towards a car and upon opening the car he is greeted by a young man in his early 40s sitting on the passenger side of the sedan. 

"I am going to be honest with how much civil liberty in the OFN has been trampled, " the forty-three-year-old man remarked while sitting close the door and looking outside through the window, "You will find that every car here in the United Federation and those abroad have computer systems a form of government control for a certain agency, a Gestapo if you will. " 

"Careful with what you are saying for the tyrants in New Eden may suddenly decide to make you vanish for NOT speaking their truth, " he remarked in a low voice while emphasizing the fourth to the last word while closing the door after taking a sit and after a few seconds the car started to move forward, "Surveillance Drones, Police Android Units and 24/7 CCTV coverage, " he remarked while the car continues to drive down the street and driving past a few police vehicles with at least one police officer outside, "The KGB would kill for this means and the Gestapo would love it. " 

The driver of the vehicle, a young man in his early 50s speaks after the former is done speaking, "And the people have accepted it as a way of life, " he stated while seeing a group of four surveillance drones, a standard police autonomous patrol group patrolling the street while people go their daily lives, "This is no different from a Police State, " the fifty-three-year-old man stated while activating the radio with a press of a button. 

"Don't even bother it is all propaganda, " The forty-three-year-old man remarked upon seeing the driver of the vehicle open the radio while the car came to a halt in front of an intersection with a stoplight. 

"In a show of solitary with the people of the Republic of South Africa a multi-billion Euro investment project has been agreed upon by the government of South Africa and by the Edelweiss Development Group, " the voice on the radio announces of a recent agreement between the Republic of South Africa and the Edelweiss Development Group, the latter an agency within the Federation tasked with assisting and coordinating foreign direct investment of the Government of the United Federation, "The package that the government of the United Federation has generously given to South Africa includes, " the voice of the young woman coming from the radio continues but before she can finish speaking the channel changes. 

"Classical music, " The young man who was interviewed by the female vampire immigration officer stated upon hearing the music playing on the radio, "I love that one, " he remarked while looking outside the window and seeing a police officer standing behind a police vehicle yawning while greeting the people that greet him, "So is there any group fighting back against this heightened police surveillance? " 

"none major, " the forty-three-year-old man who greeted him responded, "I told you most of the people in the OFN have grown accustomed to this unprecedented surveillance, " he stated while looking outside and seeing a group of four police surveillance drones moving along the sidewalk conducting a route patrol and passing by a surveillance drone that is in its designated spot, "Even the Americans have mostly come to accept it due to a decrease in crime rate. " 

The driver once more changes the radio channel where news is being reported with the voice of a young man speaking, "The Department for the Study of Dimensional Elements, " the young man uttered the name of one of the executive departments of the United Federation, "Have reaffirmed that the levels detected are a natural part of the natural order, " the voice coming from the radio reported, "And the chance of another war with a dimensional threat is unlikely to occur. "

"The dreaded Third Abyssal War? " The driver, the fifty-three-year-old man questioned upon hearing the news, "Or the Third World War, " he remarked in a low voice, "Chances are much higher that nations would go to war once Mutually Assured Destruction has been removed. " 

"We are close to that point, " the man who recently arrived in the United Federation pointed out while remembering the agreement concerning artificial intelligence, "The OFN have the SLAM Network soon Britain and the rest of the world will have one, " he stated while looking outside the vehicle through the window and seeing a group of three police officer with one being an android unit entertaining a group of children with one of the children wearing a hijab, "Aren't their officers mostly on the streets? " he inquired. 

"Now that you mention it, " The driver responded while glancing at the rearview mirror and seeing the former looking outside the vehicle, "I have been living here for six months and I didn't realize that one. "

"Hearts and minds, " the forty-three-year-old man responded while looking outside toward the opposite sidewalk and seeing a police surveillance drone hovering above ground remaining in a static position.

The following month            

Mexico City, United Mexican States, 

December 10, 2007, 10:00 am. 

Inside a courtroom members of the Senate of the Republic, the upper house of the General Congress of the United Mexican States is being tried by the district court the judge who is presiding over the trial, a young woman in her late 50s is sitting behind a raised wooden desk and in front of her sitting behind the counsel table are the incumbent members of the Senate of the Republic who are being tried due to the series of documents that were leaked online, the leaked documents that resulted in a series trial which has started four months ago, "The trial is in session, " the fifty-six-year-old female judge who is presiding over the trial stated after striking the gavel with a wooden hammer, "The Defense stands to give his opening statement, " Judge Martina Arrabal, the fifty-six-year-old female judge who is presiding over the trial instructed while looking at the counsel table and seeing the defendants who are being charged with corruption, money laundering, bribery, and Conspiracy to Violate Drug Trafficking Laws after their immunity has been waived by Congress. 

After the presiding judge requested the defense's opening statement, the head lawyer of the defense stood up from his seat and spoke in a loud voice and clear voice enough to be heard by everyone inside the room, "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, esteemed members of the court, and all those present in this solemn chamber, " he addresses everyone inside the room after standing up, "The core of our justice system is the fairness of the trial, " he declared while standing up, "Can I move forward? " he inquired and upon receiving permission from the judge, he walked out of his area and move towards the judge but maintains a respectable distant while speaking. 

"And as lawyers in both the prosecution and the defense, we must uphold this truth, " he stated while standing in front of the judge who was listening to his words as he continued to speak he turned to face the jury who were listening to his opening statement, "Our duty is to ensure that the pursuit of truth prevails over the cacophony of accusations and sensationalism that surrounds this trial, " he stated while facing the jury as he speaks his piece, "My clients, distinguished public servants who have dedicated their lives to the service of this nation, find themselves tangled in a web of conjecture and innuendo. The defense does not dispute the seriousness of the charges brought forth, " he declared in a loud voice before lowering his hand and once again looking at the justices of the Supreme Court who are presiding over the trial which has affected police officers, military officials and other government officials, " Still, we implore you to approach this trial with discernment, to sift through the fog of sensationalism, and seek the clarity that only an impartial examination of the evidence can provide, " he continues to speak while addressing the justices who preside over the trial and once he is done speaking he walk back to his area and speaks while standing up, "This trial is not merely about the guilt or innocence of our clients; it is a litmus test for the integrity of our legal system. " 

' What is there to say these people are all guilty, '  A young man in his early 40s mentally remarked just as the head of the defense was done speaking, ' the leaks have enough proof to lock them up, '  he mentally remarked while sitting on the public gallery, ' but then again the trial may be nulled since the evidence has been all leaked through Wiki leaks. '   

After the defense attorney is done speaking the prosecutor of the defendants is called to give his opening statement for the trial, A young woman in her early 40s stands up from her seat and starts to address the judge and the jury, "We stand before you to present a case built on the pillars of truth, integrity, and the unwavering commitment to upholding the principles that form the foundation of our society, " she started to transition to the crux of her opening statement after going about her opening remarks she while standing up but before she can continue she requested permission to take a step forward which Judge Martina Arrabal granted, "The individuals in question, entrusted with the solemn responsibility of representing the interests of the people, are now subjects of grave accusations. The charges laid before this court are as follows, " she stated while standing in the middle and looking at the judge who was listening to her statement as she spoke she turned to face the jury. 

"Corrupt politicians beholden to business and cartels, " a young woman in her late 40s who was sitting at the public gallery mumbled in a low voice as the prosecutor informed the jury of one of the charges brought against the gathered defendants. 

After a few seconds, the young man who is sitting beside the former speaks in a low voice, "Of course, they only care about getting rich, " he remarked in a low voice upon the charge of money laundering being brought up by the prosecutor and talking about the conclusive proofs that the journalists have gathered, journalists who leaked the documents to the world wide web.   

' This is indeed the trial of the century for Mexico, '  the journalist sitting at the journalist gallery, a young woman in her late 30s tasked with covering the trial mentally remarked while using her holo pad to take notes about the opening statement of the prosecution, ' No wonder the cartel are somewhat powerful in the past they have backing from high, '  she mentally remarked while the prosecutor brought up the charge concerning the defendant themselves who are being charged with Conspiracy to Violate Drug Trafficking Laws. 

"If the army and police are involved why not the politicians? " Another journalist, a young man in his late 30s who is of similar age to the former questioned in a low voice while taking notes of the trial while using the holo pad to write his notes. 

"Speaking of which this trial has lasted for more than four months, " the young thirty-eight-year-old woman remarked in a low voice starting a conversation with the former, 'To think that such a high level of corruption exists. " 

"And We have to thank the United States of America for cooperating with the government on this trial. "

"do you think they leak it themselves? " 

"Who cares if they did they are doing us a favor. " 

Meanwhile, inside the embassy of the United States of America, the ambassador to the United States of America is watching the holo screen with a grin on his face as the preceding continues with the prosecutor bringing up the illegal wire transfers, "Without a doubt, they are just being sacrificed to the angry mob," Ambassador Samantha Redstone, the ambassador of the United States of America representing Washington's interest in the United Mexican States remarked in a low voice while the defendant is shown wearing formal attire.

"Madam Ambassador would you also like to know the good news? " a member of her staff inquired tasked with public relations while sitting on the couch and looking at her holo pad which is showing a line graph that is steadily growing, "The people of Mexico love us. " 

"Sooner than later we will have Civilian advisers in Mexico's government, " the young woman remarked with a smile on her face, "We will have them economically tied to us, " she stated in a low voice while bringing up another display screen showing a news about a city police department purchasing several surveillance drones from an American electronics company that sells Surveillance drone and other variants to the police and the military. 

Tijuana, Baja California. 

The city of Tijuana, a border city of the United Mexican States located within the state of Baja California, is a major urban center and economic hub of the country bordering the United States of America. The city itself is also a key hub in the drug trade which sees a number of products being shipped to the United States of America for distribution. 

A young man in his early 30s is sitting on the couch watching the morning news program that is reporting about the trial taking place with the former chief whose name is dragged into the mud due to the leaked documents posted online by a journalist organization, "Ricardo Yepesm former police chief of the Tijuana Police Department you have been found guilty of multiple counts of graff and corruption, " the judge who is presiding over the trial announces in a loud voice while reading the verdict of the jury who comes to a decision after the pieces of evidence have been taken into account, "For conspiracy to violate anti-drug trafficking law, " the figure of the judge, a young man in his late 60s on the Holo Screen continues to read his charges while the thirty-four-year-old man watches the news, "You have been found guilty in all accounts. "   

"Who knows maybe with this action some progress will be made against the drug cartels in the country, "The thirty-four-year-old man remarked while looking at the holo screen watching the morning news program which is showing segments of the trial, and listening to the verdict being passed onto the defendant, the former chief of police who have been receiving bribes from the cartel during his tenure to look the other way.

After the charges have been read all resulting in a guilty verdict the display screen playing a recording of the trial vanishes and the display screen showing the news studio expands to cover the whole screen after a few seconds of silence the host of the morning news program, a young man in his late 40s speaks, "You can say that the former chief of police would soon be serving his tenure in jail, " he jokingly remarked which made his co-host chuckle for a few seconds, "Now for another good news. "

"The Tijuana police department and the Mexican Armed Forces have conducted a joint operation against the drug cartel, " the co-host, a thirty-four-year-old woman wearing a semi-formal attire reported while the young man listened to the news, "Which resulted in numerous drug labs in the city and safe houses being raided and destroyed, " she reported while the display screen showing the news studio shrinks and another display screen showing a journalist reporting live at one of the sites of the raid appeared, "We have Hector Valerio reporting live on the news, " she informed the viewers of the name of the journalist who slightly bowed his head in acknowledgment. 

"Hello Lucho and Tatiania, " Hector Valerio, the journalist responded while the two display screens divided the screen into equal halves, "Behind me is that site of one of the drug cartels' safe house, " he stated after the host and co-host of the morning news program greeted back, "First of all according to the Tijuana Police Department the intel for the series of raid is thanks to the American Drug Enforcement Administration, " he stated. 

"Will you look at that it seems that the United States of America has once again helped my country, " The thirty-four-year-old man remarked in a low voice while remembering the recent direct investment of the United States Agency for International Development which sees the opening of another light and heavy industrial park alongside solar panel farms and renewable energy farms. 

"According to the United States Embassy, " Hector Valerio continues to report, "The United States of America is fully committed to assisting the United Mexican States in its war on drugs, " he uttered in the statement released by the embassy of the United States of America, "The Organization of Free Nations has also given its statement stating it is committed to assisting the Mexican government in dealing with its drug war. " 

"There are rumors of American special forces operatives active in Mexico do they have any statement for that? " the female co-host inquired after Hector Valerio brought up the assistance from the United States of America, "Foreign Operatives from the Organization of Free Nations, " she stated brining about the rumors of foreign operatives acting on Mexican soil. 

"The United States of America and the OFN have not commented on that one, " he responded. 

"If they want to assist then who are we to say no? " the young man inquired after the former was done speaking, "I mean the United Federation already has a functioning military base in Colombia providing assistance to the Colombian armed forces, " he remarked in a low voice remembering the news about the United Federation opening a military base in the Republic of Colombia which the Colombian armed forces is using a logistic hub. 

"It seems to me that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon of benevolent imperialism, " The voice of a man in his late 60s speaks which prompts the young man to look to the left and see a sixty-six-year-old man walking down the stairs while holding the railing. 

"Grandfather, " The former greeted while the old man stepped on the ground floor. 

"Young people this day are so easily influenced by gold and songs, " he remarked in a low voice which was enough for the former to hear, and as he spoke he looked at the holo screen with disdain, "The young can't see it but we are slowly being economically dependent on the New World, " he remarked while looking at the news ticker and seeing a report about the US Steel acquiring a Mexican steel company and merging it with its other assets creating a new group, "With bright lights and promises of a better future. " 

"They have so far delivered, " the thirty-four-year-old man responded in response to the former, "We can't exactly trust our politicians given the recent scandal. " 

"And so you young folks would prefer to give the Americans free reign over our country? " the sixty-six-year-old man inquired, "Ever since the Americans return their influences have slowly and steadily increased to the point that sooner or later we will be their puppets, " he pointed out, "You know what I see in the news feed online? " 

"What? " 

"Articles calling for the government to accept Civilian advisers from the OFN which is surely another form of control by the Americans. " 

"I support it, " he replied while narrowing his eyes at his grandfather who was against the current order, "Wholeheartedly, " he continued to speak which made his grandfather's eyes twitch in annoyance upon hearing his support of the idea, "Look Grandpa we cannot trust our politicians to legislate concerning surveillance, " he pointed out, "The OFN knows what is best base on their experience with the tech. "

San Miguel, San Miguel Department 

The Republic of El Salvador. 

A large number of demonstrators are marching down the streets holding placards voicing their opinion over the recent changes in the city, protestors holding placards, and white fabric all voicing the same message of opposition, "No to a police state! " the demonstrator shouted in a loud voice while marching down the streets, "No to a KGB state of surveillance! " the people chanted in a loud voice while marching down the street while holding their paraphernalia where their message is written in red, "Defend Democracy! " the crowd chanted while marching down the street, "End tyranny before it begins! " they declared in a loud voice while marching down the street. 

While overhead following the protest are surveillance drones recently purchased by the San Miguel Police Department being controlled from a central processing station, one of the leading voices of the protest, a young man in his early 40s points upward while a broadcasting drone is within view, a broadcasting drone controlled by the nearby media crew where a journalist is reporting live about their demonstration, "Look up! " he shouted while pointing at the group of four drones following the protest as they slowly came into view of the police line with officers wearing riot gear, "The future of a dystopia! " he shouted in a loud voice which is repeated by the crowd, "Protect our democracy! " he shouted which is repeated by the crowd, "Fight for our liberty! " 

A journalist, a young man in his late 40s is standing on the sidewalk while the protest against the further expansion of the use of surveillance drones by the police department continues with the demonstrators reaching the police line and coming to a halt, "The demonstration that you are seeing behind me is are organize by various human rights and civil liberty groups, " he stated while standing at the sidewalk while momentarily adjusting the microphone earpiece which allows his words to be clear despite the noise coming from the background as the demonstrators make noise to have their voices heard, "Demanding that the proposal of the government to increase the use of surveillance drone be shot down, " the journalist stated reporting about the reason for the protest, "Human rights watch calls it an attack against freedom and civil liberties. "

As soon as the journalist reporting live on the street is done speaking, he hears the voice of the news program host asking him, "Won't legislation work to ensure that our civil liberties and freedom are respected? " she inquired while the former listens to the question at hand, "It seems to me that the civil liberty groups have failed to take that into account when organizing this protest. "

"That may or may not be true but I think we can all see where they are coming, " the forty-seven-year-old journalist responded, "The KGB, Dictators, and the Gestapo and other secret police would kill for this technology, " he pointed out after the host of the news program is done speaking, "This is unprecedented means of surveillance in the name of preventing crime. " 

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions? " 

"Sometimes, " he replied after the former was done speaking, "That is true but this is the question that must be asked concerning technology, protection, and civil rights. "    

Meanwhile, in another section of the city, a journalist is interviewing one of the organizers of the city-wide protest, "If we don't make a stand here where the pilot test is being made sooner or later it would spread to all the major cities, " the young woman in her late 30s stated after being asked by the journalist about their reason for organizing the protest, "After the cities comes the town and eventually the entire rural community, " she stated while holding a placard with both of her hands, a placard with the message of defending democracy written in red, "Our democracy is being transformed into a police state where privacy is being trampled with. A big brother. "

"The public are accusing the Human Rights Watch Groups of being narrow-minded, " the journalist that is interviewing the thirty-six-year-old woman responded, "And being impractical, " he continues to speak while the former listens to his words, "Some are saying that the incorporation of drones is the next evolution of police work. "  

"Defending human rights has always been a tough fight, " She responded, "And Impractical at times bordering on utopian idealism, " the young woman responded, "But it has to be done to draw a line in the sand, " the young woman stated while standing next to the journalist as she speaks and as she speaks she looked at the journalist before looking at the recording drone, "Fighting for rights is easy but defending our rights against the reality of the situation is the tough one. " 

"Well, what about legislation those can protect the liberty of people? " 

"Legislation can be a tool, but it's not foolproof," she responded after the topic of legislation was brought up by the journalist, and as she spoke the journalists listened to her piece, "We've seen laws change, be manipulated, or conveniently ignored. Our concern is not just about the legality of surveillance but the broader issue of unchecked power. "

"So you are not exactly against the use of surveillance drones and other means for police work but your group is asking about the ethical consideration? " the journalist inquired and upon seeing a nod of approval he turned to the broadcasting drone before speaking, "And that would be all, " he stated, "Alberto do you have any further question to Miss Maria? " he asked and upon hearing confirmation of no further question he buds farewell. After a few seconds, his camera crew informs him that the live feed has been cut. 

María José Villa, the interviewee, a young woman in her late 30s speaks with the former while the drone is being lowered into the ground, "Thanks a lot, " she stated while looking at the former with the noise of the protest slowly drowning their voice, "I mean our actions have been vilified. " 

"You people should rework your message, " the young man, the journalist interviewing the former responded while looking at the demonstrators who are staring down at the police officers who are wearing riot gear, "I mean us journalists are also in danger if the government step out of line. "    

Erstwhile inside the consulate of the United Federation, the consul general is watching the holo screen and seeing the protest being reported live, and as the journalist continues to report about the protest he rolls his eyes before sighing in frustration, "These Natives are making pushes which may restart the debate back home, " he remarked in a low voice with disdain while hearing the protesters shouting their message of defending liberty and fighting for democracy. 

"And I don't think New Eden would like that, " a young man in his late 40s wearing formal attire speaks while sitting on the couch and looking at the former, "That front is already pacified, " he stated, "And because of those natives who are unruly, the debate may flare up again. " 

The consul-general, a young man in his early 40s sighs before activating the holo system emulator which deploys a holo screen and a holo keyboard and mousepad that he uses to search the online news feed for online articles and his eyes twitched upon seeing an article that was published online, "Looking back at the debate between Security and Civil Liberty, " he reads the title in a low voice enough for the former to hear it. 

"it is starting ain't it? "  

"And it will soon cascade into a new debate, " he responded in a low voice while scrolling down while touching the down key on the holographic keyboard and quickly seeing an online article published that goes about a study concerning the decrease in crime with the incorporation of new technology and an increase in the standard of living together with a decrease in cost of living, "I got a feeling that the news feed back home would be filled with articles like this, " he stated, "A new grand debate once more opening up. " 

"Because of uncivilized natives that need our guidance, " the forty-eight-year-old man speaks in response to the former continuing the two's line of thought while sitting on the couch standing up and walking towards the window and looking at the city streets, "We are the light of civilization. " 

"Aren't you approaching a dangerous line of thinking? " 

"Look at the Middle East they are still busy killing each other. " 

Mecca, Mecca Province, 

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. 

The battle for the city of Mecca is starting to wind down with only the last holdout of the Islamic State of the Arabian Peninsula being the great mosque itself which has weathered the many offensives conducted by the Royal Saudi Armed Forces.

A convoy of vehicles is moving along the streets of Mecca escorted by two M113 Armored Personal carriers at the front and back while the lead vehicle a Humvee equipped with an M2 Browning machine gun leads the convoy of three trucks heading towards the Great Mosque which the Royal Saudi Land Forces are sieging, the primary land warfare branch of the Saudi Armed Forces, "So tell me how hard was urban warfare in the 21st century? " the journalist, a young woman in her early 40s wearing a cloth around her head inquired while sitting at the back of one of the trucks inquired while sitting on the passenger sit together with a platoon of soldiers battle-hardened from the months of urban warfare with the Islamic militants. 

One of the soldiers, a fireteam leader, a non-commissioned officer with the rank of sergeant answered while the handheld camera is pointed at him, "Well all wars are a pain in the arse, " he stated in his native tongue and the soldiers who heard his response chuckled and smiled while the convoy of vehicle drives down the secured road which has soldiers posted at the roof deck of the building, "But those suicide drones and surveillance drones are making a pain way to much, " he stated recounting his combat experience during the month-long siege for Mecca, "You know according to intelligence the number of insurgents numbered more than seven thousand. " 

"We never really manage to know how many insurgents are there, " One of the soldiers who is part of the same fire team as the former remarked and the journalist, a young woman in her early 40s pointed the hand-held camera towards him upon hearing him speak, "Intelligence paints the picture that we have killed about less than three thousand insurgent forces. " 

"How Was it like during the earlier days? " she inquired. 

Upon hearing the question the sergeant speaks, "Well we do not know who the insurgents are and who the civilians are, " he pointed out, "An entire police unit was sent to a school because according to the report, terrorists have taken hold of the school. " 

"Those terrorists that are dragging the children, innocent children to their mess, " another soldier, the one sitting close to the exit speaks while looking outside and seeing the soldiers standing on the roof deck of the building that covers the street that the convoy is moving at stated and the camera is pointed at him once the journalist heard him speaking, "Then to make matter more worst they have the audacity to interrupt a prayer service, " he stated. 

"Those people are not true followers of Islam, " another soldier, an automatic rifleman sitting opposite of the former speaks, "Islamic State of what not, " he stated while leaning backward while the camera is pointed at him, "You know times a secured route can suddenly come to life, " he remarked while looking at the journalist who is holding the camera and pointing it at him, "HQ said it was clear and secure then a convoy moving along suddenly gets ambush. " 

"Is that why we have soldiers stationed at the rooftops? " she inquired. 

"Well they can't use it if we are garrisoning it, " Another soldier interjected while pulling the cocking piece of his M16A3 Assualt rifle, "You know many people were saying that we need the assistance of the West and the new world. " 

"But hell we prove them wrong, " Another soldier interjected before the former could continue, "The government has placed their trust in us and we have answered, " he stated with a smirk on his face while looking at the former, "Of course initially it was quite a blundered mess. "

"Aren't you afraid that the insurgents might ambush us? " she inquired remembering what one of the soldiers stated concerning the ambush and the secured sector suddenly becoming contested. 

"We are quite far from the Mosque we are more worried about drones, particularly suicide drones, " the platoon leader, an officer with the rank of lieutenant responded, "Dropping grenades atop our vehicles or rolling under before exploding, " he stated when suddenly the sound of gunfire is heard coming from one of the building and the vehicle quickly comes to a stop, "Out of the vehicle now! " he shouted in a loud voice while the soldiers are dismounting the truck and taking up position around the convoy while the M113 APC which are armed with M2 Browning machine gun opened fire raising the machine gun upward and shooting into the skies. 

"Combat drones! " the machine gunner firing the M2 Browning Machine gun of the back vehicle shouted in a loud voice after the threat had been identified, "Probably suicide! " he shouted while the sound of the M2 Browning machine gun firing was heard alongside the sound of the soldiers situated atop the building firing the weapon towards the group of drones approaching their position, "ten! "    

Two of the soldiers escorted the journalists towards one of the buildings garrisoned by the soldiers tasked with securing the stretch of road that leads towards the great mosque, "Stay here! " one of the soldiers shouted before running towards the open door which was pointed outside he leans and peeked outside while pulling the cocking piece of M16A2 Assualt rifle the system interface provided him with the location of the drones and after a few seconds uncover himself and opened fire at the drones that are approaching the convoy which was composed of three trucks, two M113 APC and a lead vehicle a humvee which is equipped with an M2 Browning Machine gun. 

As the skirmish continued the journalist moved towards the window and started to record the engagement her camera pointing at the skies after a few seconds, she changed the orientation towards two of the soldiers who were taking cover behind a structure and firing at the drones in the skies which have been reduced in number, "Drone! " she shouted while pointing at the alley upon seeing a small four-wheeled drone emerging from the alley. 

One of the two soldiers that she was recording, the one closest to the street heard her shout changed his orientation toward the alley, and opened fire destroying the drone which exploded after the bullet came into contact with its package, "let's move, " he told his colleague who was firing towards the skies towards the drone. 

"Why the hell is no one covering our blind site, " the soldier whom the former spoke to remarked while nodding and the two quickly ran towards the building where the journalist at after taking position he pointed his weapon towards the alley, "Thanks a lot lady, " he stated in English but with an Arabic accent and just as he is done thanking the woman a group of ground drone emerges from the alley. 

"I thought this was secure? " the journalist asked while taking cover behind the wall. 

"We are about less than kilometers from the Mosque and the insurgent probably has a signal booster, " the soldier who destroyed one of the drones that emerged from the alley responded.

Meanwhile, at the front gate of the great mosque, the soldiers of the Royal Saudi Land Forces are once again trying to breech the front entrance of the Great Mosque which is guarded by the insurgent militants who are equipped with automatic weapons and RPG an M2 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle modified by the British as per agreement between Riyadh and London after the United States of America disappear during the early 1990s. 

"Gunner! " the commander of the M1 Bradley MK 2, one of the new Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicles operated by the Royal Saudi Army an improved variant of the Mk1 with the newly integrated targeting and sensor system called in a loud voice while looking at the screen and seeing a red silhouette that is holding a tube that is resting on its shoulder, "RPG! " he shouted the target and its location with reference to their position.    

The gunner, a young man in his early 40s is operating the M242 Bushmaster chain gun and adjusted the orientation of the weapon upon hearing the priority target's location with a quick squeeze of the trigger of the control stick the sound of the gun opening fire are heard inside of the vehicle and after a few seconds he sees the red silhouette falling, "Target neutralize, " he reported. 

"good job crew, " the commander of the IFV responded before informing the driver to reverse the vehicle to avoid being targeted by the militants who were occupying the front entrance where the King Abdulaziz gate is located. 

Outside of the IFV, the soldiers of the Royal Army of Saudi Arabia are opening fire at the insurgents who are manning an elevated position soldiers firing from a fortified position where the earth has been raised to create a sandbag position where they can fire from and take cover, "Just how well equipped are they? " one of the soldiers questioned in a low voice while firing at the wall segment that is connects the King Fahd gate to the King Abdulaziz gate. 

"Less complaints and more firing! " the fire team leader, an NCO with the rank of sergeant shouted while reloading his assault rifle and taking cover behind the earth wall after a few seconds he uncovered and opened fire towards the wall segment garrisoned by the militants which is also being suppressed with machine gun and chain gun. 

Suddenly and out of nowhere the positions of the insurgent forces is suddenly bombarded by mortar fire from a nearby mortar pit an action which surprises the soldiers on the ground and the sniper teams on elevated positions who witness the great mosque being bombarded with mortar shells, "Wait we are now bombing the mosque? " a sharpshooter remarked while kneeling on the ground of the deck of the clock towers overlooking the great mosque. 

"It's about time, " the spotter of the former remarked in a low voice while scanning the insurgent's position while the sharpshooter was looking at their position through the scope attached to his sniper rifle, "RPG Hunter team, " he informed the former, "Left, " he stated the position of the RPG team including their elevation and degrees.  

The Sharpshooter equipped with an Accuracy International AWM adjusted his sight and once the RPG team was the insight he squeezed the trigger of his bolt action sniper rifle yet only the sound of wind whistling was heard due to the silencer equipped on the bolt action sniper rifle, "Target down, " Yusri al-Younes, the twenty-four-year-old sharpshooter stated upon seeing his first target going down, he then adjusted his aim to target the deceased partner and after a second he squeezed the trigger and a bullet exited the barrel of the gun and quickly traveled the distant finding its mark on the head of the militant trying to pick up the RPG. 

"Disgraceful! " one of the militants shouted while mortar shells were exploding inside the great mosque but not close to the Kaaba, "They dare to shell the great mosque! " he shouted before being killed by a mortar shell exploding on their position causing the wall segment to collapse. 

Not far from the fighting a journalist from the Federal Republic of Germany is reporting on the ongoing struggle for the great mosque the last holdout of the militants belonging to the Islamic State of the Arabian Peninsula, "The unthinkable has happened and the Royal Army of Saudi Arabia has started to shell the great mosque, " he stated while reporting on the ongoing battle while the broadcasting camera catches the great mosque being shelled with mortar shells, "If the army conducted with bombardment with the grand mufti's permission then the repercussions shouldn't be to dire but if the alternative is true well the I.S.A.P a propaganda boost by the Army, " he stated after the voice on the earpiece asked the question concerning ramifications of such a move from the Saudi Arabian government. 

Jizan, Jizan Province. 

Located along the Red Sea is the city of Jizan, one of the major port cities of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia whose port facility has been expanded by the Unified States of Mistral as part of its program in the Arabian Peninsula where the latter is the chief influencer from within the OFN member states with numerous multi-billion investment projects in key infrastructure. 

A young man in his early 50s is watching the holo screen when the host of the morning news program suddenly informs the general public of a new Fatwa being issued by the Grand Mufti of Saudi Araba while the journalist reports on the ongoing mortar bombardment of the great mosque to soften up the insurgent's position, "If that were to be the case then this bombardment would be considered legal under Islamic law, " the journalist, a young man in his early 40s remarked upon hearing from the news anchor about the Fatwa granting the armed forces permission to use all means to retake the Great Mosque from the militants. 

"the wording on the Fatwa itself is to use all means to see the liberation of the great mosque from the hands of the armed insurgent forces which provides a misrepresentation of the Islamic Faith, " The forty-eight-year-old host of the morning news program speaks as soon as the former is done speaking, "Well from what we can see the Fatwa now clearly label the Islamic State as an armed insurgent forces. " 

The fifty-four-year-old man continues to watch the holo screen and sees an aerial view of the great mosque and it being bombarded with mortar shells, "I don't think this is a good idea, " he mumbled in a low voice while explosions are seen on the screen due to the shells exploding upon contact causing some of the wall segment that forms the perimeter to collapse due to the explosions, "Nonetheless those who use our religion as a means to spread violence must be cut down at all cost, " he mumbled in a low voice while looking at the picture frame where a young man in his early 20s wearing a military uniform stands beside him and a young woman in her late 40s with only a five-year difference between the two. 

"I hope that our son is alright, " the voice of a woman in her late 40s speaks while emerging from the kitchen carrying a tray with tea on it. 

"I am sure he will be alright, " he responded trying to reassure the former who was placing the tea cup and kettle on the table, "I am sure that our son is far from any danger, " the fifty-four-year-old man pointed out with a smile in his face while his wife sat beside him and looked the at the holo screen and seeing the explosion, "He is after all a sniper. "

"He always aims far, " she replied, "Allah please keep Yusri safe, " the forty-nine-year-old woman mumbled in a low voice while looking at the screen and seeing the battle unfold before transitioning back to the news studio. 

Meanwhile located within the city's upper residential district, a fifty-four-year-old man is watching the holo screen with glaring eyes and lips sealed upon seeing the great mosque being bombarded by the Royal Saudi Land Forces, and with each explosion his breathing loses rhythm, "This is disgraceful, " he mumbled with anger upon seeing the great mosque being bombarded, "The government has truly lost its way, " he remarked in a low voice, "First the devil's gift and now these transgressions, " he mumbled in a low voice while glaring at the holo screen, "They dare to bombard the great mosque? " he angrily questioned as the transition begins and the news studio is shown showing the host and co-host of the morning news program.   

"Hopefully this will bring a quick end to the conflict, " the host of the new program stated before transitioning to the next news that he would be reporting, "King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and his cabinet have announced that they are looking to opening the county with reforms. " 

"They dare to sell our nation to the new world and the west! " the fifty-four-year-old man angrily remarked upon hearing the news from the mouth of the news anchor. 

"With a plan to reform the education system, " the host of the news program continues to speak and the man watching the news continues to glare at the holo screen but before the host can continue the man shuts down the holo screen with a simple press of a button from the remote. 

"Unbelievable it seems only the so-called radicals who misrepresent Islam are the only one who cares about our way of life, " the man mumbled in a low voice with anger. 

The following week 

Jerusalem, Jerusalem District/Jerusalem Governate, 

State of Israel/State of Palestine, December 18, 2007, 

12:00 pm.   

Moving along the street of Jerusulam is a convoy of seven vehicles, three Black sedans flying a small flag of the Syrian Arab Republic with two police motorcycles at the front and back and lining the street of the city of Jerusalem where the vehicles are moving along is the civilian population of the city who are waving the flag of the Syrian Arab Republic side by side with the State of Israel. 

"Who would have thought, " The president of the Syrian Arab Republic, Bashar Al-Assad remarked in a low voice while looking outside through the window and seeing the people gathered to see him, his eyes then narrowed down on the huge canvas hanging from a building that has the image of the State of Israel and the Syrian Arab Republic, the former on the left while latter is on the right and atop each of the nations are their respective head of government and at the middle are two hands shaking with each other and below the shaking hands, "They even get my good side, " he remarked before looking at the head of his security detail who is sitting beside him, "Anything else is should worry about? " 

"Well you're agreeing to visit Jerusalem would be considered as you signaling to the world that the Syrian Arab Republic may soon recognize it as the capital of the State of Israel, " he remarked while looking at a tablet which is connected to a handful of drones which are situation along the route.  

President Bashar Al-Assad smirked as soon as the former was done speaking, "That explains the present of armed guards, " he remarked while glancing at the soldiers from the Israel Defense Force who were littered around the route, "But nonetheless a small price to pay to have the Golan heights back under our control but with OFN establishing a military base in the region, " he remarked remembering one of the clauses in the normalization of relations between Israel and Syria which sees the former pulling out of the Golan Heights with both countries agreeing to host a permanent OFN military base on the area alongside a demilitarized zone as a means of detente between the two nations.

"Anyway sir we have to keep an eye closely on the situation, " the head of the security detail of the president of the Syrian Arab Republic, a fifty-eight-year-old man remarked while turning his head slightly towards the door closest to him and glancing outside and seeing the people waving a handful of paraphernalia, the flag of the Syrian Arab Republic and the State of Israel together with a small flag with the image of the face of President Bashar Al-Assad. 

"Albion itself has just riled up the entire region, " President Bashar Al Assad responded while looking outside just as the vehicle turned to run and drove down heading straight towards the Beit Aghion, the official residence of the prime minister of the State of Israel and as the convoy moves along the street the civilians are replaced with soldiers who have secured the area.  

"I never would have thought that I would see the normalization of relations with our northern neighbor, " A soldier in his late 30s equipped with an automatic assault rifle remarked while standing next to the barricade that leads to the main street where a number of people which have been closed down due to the state visit from the head of state of the Syrian Arab Republic. 

Another soldier, a young woman in her early 30s responded upon hearing the former's remark, "Honestly no one would have seen how much influence the Organization of Free Nations has, " she pointed out while scanning the empty streets with her combat system interface while drones moving along the street conducting a sweep of the area. 

"I am seeing more and more of those stuff around here, " another soldier, a young man in his early 30s remarked while looking towards the sun and seeing a group of four surveillance drones patrolling the area. 

"Terrorists are using them so why shouldn't we? " the woman who talked about the influence that the Organization of Free Nations has over the Middle East through the United States of Mistral, The United Kingdom of Albion, Union of Nemuria, Imperial Republic of Soren, and the Kingdom of Anzam questioned while looking at the four drones as they steadily move out of sight.

Patrolling the Neighborhood around the Beit Aghion are military drones operated by the State of Israel procured from one of the many companies that are part of Albion's military-industrial complex, drones outfitted with advanced sensors well suited for surveillance and airborne patrol, "Good lord those things are silent, " a soldier from the Israel Defense Force remarked in a low voice while standing at his post equipped with an assault rifle and a ballistic combat shield domestically produced graded up against medium caliber bullet. 

"That is why the Royal Army of Saudi Arabia is having a hard time finding those without any sensor units, " another soldier, a young man in his late 30s standing along the path that the convoy of vehicles carrying President Bashar Al Assad is moving along responded upon hearing the former and as he speaks the convoy of vehicles carrying the head of state of the Syrian Arab Republic drive past their post heading towards the residence of the prime minister. 

"Peace for our time, " the soldier who talked about the drones being silent speaks in a low voice. 

"We shall see soon enough, " the latter speaks in response to the former while looking at the convoy of vehicles that is quickly gaining a distance against his post. 

The convoy of seven vehicles stopped in front of the perimeter fence that surrounds the Beit Aghion and a soldier wearing a dress uniform walked towards the main vehicle carrying both of president of the Syrian Arab Republic and the head of his security detail and opened the door closest to President Bashar Al Assad who quickly exited the vehicle and once he is firmly within view of the media crew they quickly take a picture of him as he waved at them. 

President Bashar Al Assad waved at the journalists who were taking a picture of him his security detail together with the soldiers of the Israel Defense Force established a perimeter while the Prime Minister of the State of Israel walked towards him moving along the red carpet with golden embroidery at the side and after a few seconds President Bashar Al-Assad walk towards Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, the head of government of the State of Israel elected during the year 2006 and once face to face with each other they shake hands while the journalist takes a picture of the head of states shaking hands with each other. 

"The dawn of a renewed Israeli-Syrian diplomatic relations, " A journalist, a young man in his late 30s remarked in a low voice while writing with his small notebook and standing together with his fellow journalists who have been permitted to be at the area. 

"I wonder if they found anything, " A journalist, a young woman in her late 20s remarked in a low voice once she came into view of one of the drones that were patrolling the neighborhood, police surveillance drones imported from the United Kingdom of Albion. 

"I am indeed sure we have a lot to talk about, " Prime Minister Ehud Olmert stated while the two were walking towards the main building of the compound, "I am sure that both of our two nations would have an interest in establishing a very good economic relations. " 

"I am very sure of that one, " President Bashar Al-Assad responded while walking beside the former as the two headed for the main building, the official residence of the prime minister of the State of Israel once the two were inside away from prying eyes he once again speaks, "The Hamas led cabinet is making noises about our diplomatic overture, " he stated. 

"Nothing new, " He replied while the two were climbing the stairs, "Actually we are interested after Fatah loses the Gaza Strip to Hamas. " 

"Looking to re-occupy? " President Bashar Al-Assad questioned, "The Gaza Strip? " he questioned. 

"Not quite but we are concerned with Hezbollah growing in strength in Lebanon, " Prime Minister Ehud Olmert speaks just as they two-step onto the second floor of the building, "Hamas and the PLO is of little concern to us right now, " he stated while the two walked along the hallway. 

"If we occupy the Republic of Lebanon would you turn a blind eye? "

"Only if it is defensive in nature. "       

Meanwhile, in another area of the city of Jerusalem the protesters and the police are clashing with one another with the latter holding their line fully equipped with riot shields and gear, and behind them are fire trucks firing pressurize water onto the former who is clashing with the police line once the peaceful protest happening in the city turned violent, "Nobody breaks! " one of the police officer shouted with the protesters throwing flammable bottles unto the line. 

Tel Aviv Yafo, Tel Aviv District. 

All over the state of Israel and the Syrian Arab Republic, many protesters have gathered to protest against the state visit of President Bashar Al-Assad, "Bashar Traitor! " the protesters shouted in a loud voice while standing at a plaza side by side together with a tall statue which is covered with black cloth from top to base, "Traitor to Palestine and fellow Arabs! " the crowd chanted while a large mock state of the President of the Syrian Arab Republic is revealed by the demonstrators after one of protestors burned the black cloth with the use of Quantum Field Manipulation. 

"Zionist puppet! " The young thirty-four-year-old man who burned the black cloth with magic shouted in a loud voice while a megaphone was close to his mouth amplifying his message to the public and to the media who had come to view the protests 

"Burn in hell! " the crowd demanded in a loud voice, "Bashar Burn! " the people who were participating in the protest chanted in conjunction with the sound of the drums beating with each word, "Bashar Burn!, Bashar Burn! " the people repeated while a young woman in her early 20s wearing a hijab that wrapped around her face throws a Molotov cocktail into the mock statue and upon contact the mock state of President Bashar Al-Assad starts to burn as the fire started to grow. 

"Satan can't wait to embrace the traitor! " A young man in his late 40s, one of the organizers of the nationwide protest shouted in a loud voice while the twelve demonstrators who surround the statue all wearing a masks with red faces and horns coming out of the temple of the mask move towards the statue, "Hell awaits! " he shouted in a loud voice while the twelve torched the wood that is base on the statue and the fire quickly started to spread and after a minute the entire statue is burning. 

"Bashar Bashar Bashar! " the protesters who were standing at the open plaza chanted the first name of the president of the Syrian Arab Republic, "Burn Burn Burn! " the people chanted as the statue continued to burn with the fire spreading to all corners, "hell awaits! " the crowd chanted, "Traitor, traitor, traitor! " 

Not far from the tall burning statue is the journalist who has come to document the demonstration against Bashar Al-Assad's state visit to the State of Israel, "As you can see behind me the large mock-up statue of President Bashar Al-Assad is now starting to burn! " the journalist, a young woman in her late 30s reported while wearing a hijab with an earpiece inside her left ears allowing her voice to be heard properly despite the shout coming from the protestors, "A clear message to President Bashar Al-Assad that the people of Palestine does not support nor view his action in a positive light, " she reported while looking at the broadcasting drone in front of her that is hovering above the ground, a drone being controlled by her camera crew. 

"Is this a possible lead-up to another Intifada? " the voice coming from the earpiece, a young woman inquired once the former was done speaking. 

"I don't think that the PLO has the resources to conduct another Intifada, " The young woman responded while touching her earpiece as she answered the question that the news program host asked, "It has just been two years since the last one. " 

"We can only hope that this does not lead to further violence. "  

"We can only hope, " she replied while the shouting and chants continued with the large mock statue being burned after a few seconds a member of her camera crew informed her that they were off air and as the drone landed on the ground she approached her camera crew, "What do you think? " she inquired. 

"We should be asking you that question? " the member of the camera crew, a young man in his late 20s asked while lifting the drone, "You are Palestinian. "  

The female journalist, the thirty-six-year-old woman who is tasked with her boss with reporting the ongoing demonstration on the plaza turned to face the statue before speaking, "I do not really know what to feel, " she replied while looking at the protestors, "My uncle is a colonel in the IDF, " the young woman stated, "And we lost contact with my other uncle, his brother. " 

"Who knows maybe he is part of the PLO or with Hamas? " the leader of the camera crew suggested while looking at the protestors.    

Another member of the camera crew who is holding a laptop speaks as soon as the former is done speaking, "At least he is serving the country not like those Ultra-Orthodox community, " he stated. 

"Yeah, those guys, " the leader of the camera crew responded once the topic of one of the Jewish community was brought up.  

Meanwhile in another section of the city, on a street that leads to the embassy lane that contains the embassies of the member states of the Organization of Free Nations its security detachment is deployed on embassy grounds while the police hold the protestors at bay not allowing them to move any further and inside the embassy of the United Kingdom of Albion, the ambassador of Albion is watching the protest through a holo screen.

"How uncouth, " Ambassador Millie Simpson is watching the protest through the holo screen and sees the flag of the Organization of Free Nations being waved by the protesters with the string being connected to the arm, string that leads towards the emblem of the flag of the state of Israel, the Star of David, "Of them to defame such a symbol, " she remarked in a low voice while glaring at the holo screen upon the flag of the United Kingdom of Albion being desecrated with it being burned with fire by one of the protesters using quantum field manipulation, "That has to be illegal here in Israel, " The Ambassador of the United Kingdom of Albion, a young woman in her early 40s whose heritage can be traced back to the noble houses of Albion stated while glancing at a member of her staff who is calmly sipping his afternoon coffee.   

"I won't be so concerned, " the young man responded in a low voice, "At the dawn of the new year, " he speaks in a low voice, "It would be the beginning of a new diplomatic approach by the Ministry, " The young man remarked in a low voice while lowering the coffee cup on the saucer. 

"Those natives would soon know what it means to make an enemy of Albion, " she replied in a low voice while watching the protest. 

"Albion puppet of the Zionist! " the protestors being viewed through the holo screen shouted while the flag of the United Kingdom of Albion was being burned, "OFN zionist's organization! " 

"We didn't even know about Zionism, " the young man who was sipping his coffee said once the OFN was a puppet brought up by the protestors, "We are after all far more interested in markets, " he stated with a smirk in his face.

Augusta Sugovia, Federal Union State of Prista, 

Federal Union of Eshakagon. 

The city of Augusta Sugovia, the Union capital of the Federal Union of Eshakagol, one of the nations on the continent of Yashmin, the successor state to independent duchies that were created by the Union of Nemuria from the ashes of the former Eshakagol Empire, a nation born from a referendum of unification which more than half the population supported. 

A young man in his early 30s wearing smart casual attire is walking alongside a group of tourists being led by a member of the museum's staff, a young woman in her late 40s wearing a light blue dress, "These artifacts here are known as the great shield of Albatia Scaura, the shield maiden who was believed to be born during the age of foundation, " THe young woman stated while showing the tourist a large round shield that is well preserved behind a glass display case, the round shield has golden engravings. 

Upon hearing the name of the artifact that is being displayed the tourist quickly takes a picture with their camera, "So this was used? " the thirty-four-year-old man inquired while taking a picture of the shield with his camera, "In war? " he asked while turning to face the young woman who was giving the tourist a tour of the museum. 

"Indeed it is during the age of pike and swords and bows, " The young forty-eight-year-old woman responded answering the question at hand, "Before magic was scientified, a time where it is still in the realm of mysticism, " the young woman continued to expound about one of the epochs of the continent of Yashmin, known as the age of foundation, "The whole name would the Age of Magical foundation. "

"It is a miracle that the Union of Nemuria Imperliast they are did not take it, " One of the tourists, a young woman in her late 20s wearing a t-shirt with the Union Jack and Buckingham Palace engraved on the front remarked while looking at the round shield, "I mean if it was us during the age of imperial might we would have taken it. " 

"Actually they took it, " The young woman giving the tourist a tour responded when the topic of stolen artifacts was brought up, "Only the shield remains, " the museum guide stated informing the tourist about the other missing artifacts which are part of the set, "The armor and the sword alongside the bow are gone. " 

"They didn't return it? " the young man who talked about the shield being used in a war asked. 

"They did return most of the artifacts as part of the OFN program to mend the relationship between our old and new world, " she answered the question, "But black-market trading and well it is gone, " the young woman explained, "Actually this shield is recently returned after Nemuria conducted a crackdown last month, " she explained. 

"Guess no matter the time it will always be the same, " A young woman in her late 20s speaks after the former is done speaking, "The British Museum still has some stolen artifacts, " she pointed out, "Including our sutra scrolls of the Wei and Jin dynasties, " The young woman remarked while looking at the round shield, the only piece in the set that was recovered. 

"Well the Organization of Free Nations instructed the government of Nemuria to return all artifacts and they complied as a show of cooperation, " the forty-eight-year-old female museum guide informed the group, "Plus Nemuria is the nation assisting the Federal Union of Eshakagol through development assistant fund. "

"Typical, " A young man in his late 40s mumbled in a low voice while looking at the other display case around him which is used to hold other artifacts from the nation's past. 

Meanwhile, in a liquor store, a young woman in her early 30s is looking at the display shelves which are displaying numerous wine bottles both foreign and local variants, "Woah they already have it in here, " the young thirty-four-year-old woman who was wearing a simple light blue dress with a white cloak around the light blue dress remarked in a low voice while picking up a wine bottle imported from the Union of Nemuria that attracted her attention, the young woman then placed the wine bottle which contains a light blue liquid onto the cart before pushing it and heading towards another section of the display shelf, "Produced by Donicus vineyard, " she reads the engraving in one of the wine bottles domestically produce in the country's coast area, "Might as well restock on it just like any proper noble house, " the young thirty-four-year-old woman speaks in a low voice while picking the bottle up and placing it on the cart next to the imported wine that she picked up. 

'In the past, only nobility had the means to shop for good wine, '  A young woman in her late 20s wearing a violet dress with a red sash mentally remarked in a low voice while picking up a wine bottle that attracted her attention, ' My mother always said that Wine was a luxurious item for the rich, '  she mumbled in a low voice while placing the wine bottle next to the foreign wine that she picked up. 

"Umbria, " A voice called out which prompted the former to look at the source of the voice and see a young man in her late 20s walking towards her wearing a semi-formal attire, composed of a collared long sleeve and black pants, "Fancy seeing you here, " the twnenty-six-year-old man speaks while holding a smartphone with his left hand as he walked towards her with a smile in her face. 

The twenty-six-year-old woman greeted back with a smile on her face, "Queso, " she uttered the former's name while pushing the trolley and closing the distance between the two, "What are you doing here? " 

"Oh you know the usual, " he replied while scratching the back of his head, "Picking up a good bottle of wine, " the young man said while picking up a wine bottle, a wine bottle imported from the Union of Nemuria, the largest trading partner of the Federal Union of Eshakagol, "My father the count needs to stock up. " 

"Oh it perfectly makes sense, " she replied, "Anyway our vineyard in the countryside is ripe for harvest. " 

"Spare me a bottle or two, " the man responded, "The wine produced by your vineyards is starting to make some noises in the circle of nobility, " the young man stated, "I am sure that my father would appreciate having another bottle of wine from your vineyard, " The young man speaks while looking at the former while holding the wine bottle with his right hand, "Anyway have you heard the news? " 

"Which one? " 

"The Government is looking to harness the power of the atom as a means of producing electricity, " he replied, "That and alongside the Eshakagon Union Army looking to modernize its tank fleet. " 

"Guess that just shows how superior we are compared to those third-world countries of the United Nations, " she replied with a smirk on her face, "I mean the Eshakagon Union Airforce is formidable compared to some of the third-world countries in Africa or Asia, " the young woman stated. 

"And we have to thank the Organization of Free Nations for not leaving us behind. "

"Don't forget We have our space program which is anchored to the Nemurian Space Program, " he replied reminding the former of the agreement between the two governments with the Union of Nemuria assisting the Federal Union of Eshakagol with space exploration and space missions.   

Lentia, Federal Union State of Prista.

The city of Lentia, one of the major urban centers of the Federal Union of Eshakagon with a developed industry with a heavy emphasis on automobile and aeronautics, the city of Lentia have undergone substantial growth in population since the end of the Second Abyssal War and at the dawn of the new world, the city of Prista acts as a major hub for northern expansion. 

Inside a classroom, a young woman in her late 40s is standing in front of a group of children who are seated on their chairs listening to the young forty-six-year-old woman as she speaks with a holographic projection showing images of what the young woman is referring to, "The northern untamed lands is the new frontier for the people of the Eshakagon state, " the young woman stated while the holographic projection shows the image of new northern territories of the country which extends to a river, territories with grassy fields and open plains and deep forests. 

"The New Territories, " one of the students, a young man twelve-year-old boy mumbled in a low voice while looking at the image showing green fertile plains and deep forests, "You know there are rumors that deep in those forests that there is life. " 

A twelve-year-old girl who was sitting beside the former spoke in a low voice upon hearing the former remark about uncontacted civilization at the heart of the continent of Yashmin, "Please don't make me laugh, " the young girl teased the former with a smile in her face while looking at him as the teacher continues to go about with her lecture informing the students that it their right to settle the untamed lands which have been brought within reach with technology from the Organization of Free Nations whose member states have conducted preliminary surveys but where scaled down after the battle of Los Angeles and put to a stop during the second abyssal war, "We have satellites and aircraft not to mention space crafts. " 

"Correction is them who has satellites and spacecraft. " 

"And we are allies, " she replied with a smile on her face, "Ain't your family a big supporter of the Organization of Free Nations? " the young girl inquired while talking with the boy who is part of a noble lineage. 

"Gallus Cosconius Herenus, " The young woman who was teaching the class called, and the boy who talked about undiscovered civilization at the heart of the continent quickly looked at the young woman, his teacher who was wearing a light red dress and a white cloak around her light red dress, "Camillia Vitalion, " she called the young girl who talked about technology and the young girl look at her, "I heard that you two are talking about uncontacted civilization can you give your piece about the possibility since the heartland of the continent has not yet been fully explored. "

"Ma'am to our north is a great forest and it still is not yet fully explored due to thick vegetation and terrain, "Gallus Cosconius Herenus responded, "And well Satellites and aircraft can't penetrate it and the Organization of Free Nations have a lot on its plate right now, " he continues to speak, "Given that they themselves are trying to create peaceful relations with the UN, " he stated. 

"I countered it with technology, ma'am, " Camillia Vitalion speaks while looking at the female teacher teaching the class, "Space and Aircraft, " she continues to speak, "Satellite imagery. "

"Thick vegetation is not exactly good for drones, " he replied, "So what my uncle always said boots on the ground eyes upfront rifle at hand. "    

"Excellent point both of you, " the young woman teaching the class stated while the holographic projection changes with the continent being shown with the land having colors, "Contrary to popular belief the middle area has not yet been fully surveyed even during the division of the continent and before the Battle of Los Angeles. "

The students tensed up upon hearing the engagement in the city of Los Angeles which pitted a proto-Global Defense Organization against the extradimensional threat that is the Abyss, "We can beat them this time those abysses, and this time the continent of Yashmin will pull its weight! " a young boy who is of similar age to Gallus Cosconius Herenus shouted and the teacher nods in agreement agreeing to his remark.

"And like what our friend Gallus has said, " the young woman teaching the class concluded the discussion about the uncontacted civilization at the heart of the continent of Yashmin, "boots on the ground eyes upfront rifle at hand, " She boasted with pride and the students cheered.    

New Administrative Territories, 

Kingdom of Gronada.  

"I wonder if there is something with this forest, " A young man in his early 20s who is wearing an exoskeleton suit remarked in a low voice while tracking the forest which is being automatically mapped walking inside the forest beside him are four other explorers and three surveying drone, manufactured for deep surveys where the signal could be bad. 

"I wonder about that what is wrong with your continent? " a young woman in her late 30s jokingly asked while walking beside the former and looking at the holographic display screen projected from the device wrapped around her arm, a display screen that was updated in real-time, "This is top of the line surveillance drone modified for surveying, " she pointed out while walking along the dirt path. 

"I think we should stop and return to base camp, " one of the explorers, a young man in her late 20s who is the leader of the exploration team suggested after the former, an American is done speaking, and as he speaks he looks around the forest and heard the sound of birds chirping and the sound of the bush and trees swaying due to the wind.

"Yes I think we should, " another explorer, a young woman in her early 40s responded upon hearing the former's suggestion while the group came to a halt, "I mean dirt path? " she stated with a French accent while looking back and looking at the hidden dirt path that the group are trekking on as they explore the forest, "I kinda find it strange. "  

Another explorer, a young man in his late 40s speaks with a thick Russian accent, "If I were to be honest I have seen enough horror movies to know something is a miss, " he pointed out, "Some uncontacted tribe using this path and we have no idea about them. "

"I have to agree it may be safe if we get more people in including the Royal Army of Gronada, " the twenty-five-year-old woman who has so far been silent responded while the drone circled them conducting a scan looking for life, "Let us not be like those fools in Hollywood movies, " she jokingly remarked. 

The group of explorers composed of men and women from the Organization of Free Nations and the United Nations look at each other before nodding to each other and they turn around and walk in the opposite direction, "The last film of Hollywood is quite cringy and the characters have no brain whatsoever, " the leader of the deep exploration team, the twenty-eight-year-old man from the Kingdom of Gronada jokingly remarked while the five walk back to their camp, "By plot armor, the only survivors was able to escape. " 

"hey hey hey it is for entertainment, " The thirty-six-year-old woman who spoke about the modified surveillance drone responded while the five walked back to their camp while the surveying drone surrounded the group, "That is why they have no brains, " The young woman from the United States of America remarked and the group chuckled as they make there way back. 

Unbeknownst to the group of explorers far north of their last position, a young woman with blonde hair and blue eyes with long elven ears is jumping from one branch of the tree to another with a bow behind her back, a young woman wearing a white tunic.  

Meanwhile, the base camp of the five deep exploration team is guarded by armed men equipped with automatic assault rifles from the Royal Gronadaian Army, and at the center of the camp is a sensor tower but its range is limited due to vegetation and interference due to its surrounding, "Ever since we started to explore this place we have been seeing signs like the animals usually avoiding this area, " A young man in his late 50s, a man from the Royal Government of Gronada remarked in a low voice while looking at the holographic display screen which is showing the location of the many deep exploration teams. 

"I have a question what you do if you found one? " A young man from the Organization of Free Nations inquired while standing beside the former. 

"Well clearly we cannot wipe them out, " he jokingly responded which made the former chuckle, "And the human rights group would make noises if we forcefully bring them enlightenment, " the young man from the Royal Government of Gronada tasked with leading the exploration team continues to speak, "But they are on our territory so we might as well do what the American did. " 

"Trails of tears? " The young man from the Organization of Free Nations inquired, "My ancestors have an experience since they are the ones walking the trail. "   

"Oh heavens no, " the man quickly responded, "We as the big brother of this civilization uncontacted will create reservations for them while we extract natural resources to fuel our industrialization and to export worldwide. " 

Trobitta, Kingdom of Elincia. 

The city of Trobitta, the capital of the Kingdom of Elincia, is a nation born from the union of the territories formerly conquered by the former Holy Rozdel Empire which split into two nations following its defeat at the hands of the mechanized army of the Imperium of Lorent during the division of the continent of Yashmin. The territories taken during the war between the Imperium and the Holy Rozdel Empire constitute the region forming the Kingdom of Elincia, an old name for the region. 

Inside the presidential palace, the official residence of the President of the Kingdom of Elincia, the head of government of the nation popularly elected with the blessing of the Empress of the Imperium of Lorent whom the kingdom is a junior partner of. President Nueleth Faemyar is looking at the display screen projected from the emulator device on the table which is linked to the holo pad, "We are very blessed to be rich in natural resources, " she mumbled in a low voice while looking at the figure on the display screen which is showing the kingdom's trade balance and seeing its export being far higher compare to its import a smile appeared on her face as the display screen changes its data set breaking down the export data by the product being exported worldwide. 

While President Nueleth Faemyar is looking at the data set, she hears a knock on the door, and upon giving her permission, the door opens revealing, a young woman in her late 40s wearing a light red dress and seeing the forty-six-year-old woman her eyes narrowed down on the two fox ears on her head, "Secretary Myrrh Ulana, " she welcomed her private secretary who is carrying a holo pad with her as she entered the room. 

"Madam President, " Myrrh Ulana, the private secretary of President Nueleth Faemyar, a young woman with long elven ears, long red hair, and the figure of someone in her late 30s greets the head of government of the Kingdom of Elincia, one of the three-nation on the continent of Yashmin being influence by the Imperium of Lorent, "I have come to inform you that according to the ambassador of the Imperium of Lorent, " she speaks informing the president of the Kingdom of Elincia, a nation whose head of state is the sovereign of the Imperium of Lorent about the reason for her visit, "Empress Klara Maelstrom will be visiting the Kingdom of Elincia on January 08, 2008 AD, " the private secretary of the President of the Kingdom of Elincia stated, "Or 1918 Imperial Common Era. " 

"I think it is already a tradition for the Kingdom to have her sovereign visit her people, " President Nueleth Faemyar, the Elven woman who has the figure of a thirty-eight-year-old woman responded while turning to the display screen and looking at the former. 

"Well madam president there is also another reason for my visit, " she replied, "Madam president the exploration team has uncovered cultivated plants in the forest, " the private secretary reported, "According to the Ministry of the Interior this would be enough to warrant a careful consideration, " she informed the former of the news which quickly catches her attention.  

"Anything past the northern river has not yet been claimed, " President Nueleth Faemyar responded by reminding the former that some of the central territories of the continent remained unclaimed by the nations of the continent of Yashmin, "And we are pushing our people to inhabit the territory north of our core. " 

"So far we are seeing small towns but a recent survey places the population of the new territories at fifty thousand, " she responded while placing the holo pad that she is holding on the table which the president grabbed and looked at the data it is showing. 

"Not bad for a year-ender, " she replied while looking at the population density of the northern new territories, "Still we should be careful after all if stories and movies have taught us something it is that sometimes uncontacted tribes can be very unpleasant. " 

"Understood madam President I will inform the task force of your decision, " she replied. 

Meanwhile, A young man in his early 40s is looking at the holo screen and watching the commercial with a voice-over speaking while showing vast green plains, large lakes, and deep forests, "The Northern Frontier, " the voice of a young woman speaks while a bird's eye view of the plains is shown showing an endless green plain together with the long rivers, "A new life awaits, " the voice-over stated while the point of view pans towards the skies showing the sun and a time-lapse begins as the moon and the sun changes position and after a few seconds the time-lapse ended showing the sun once more in the skies. 

"In this Northern Frontiers, " The voice of the young woman resumed as the point of view changed revealing a town surrounded the endless green plains and located close to a large lake, "A new life awaits, " the woman stated while the young man continues to watch the commercial that is enticing the people to migrate to the northern territories and settle down and building new communities, "Settle down at the town of Orisberg and make history, " the voice-over stated and the holo screen suddenly turns black and the logo of the ministry of the interior is shown, "Be a pioneer and join the rush and be part of history as it unfolds. " 

"They truly want to get the people to head north past the core regions, " the young man remarked in a low voice while watching the holo screen as another commercial is shown showing a train moving along the rails, rails placed on the country's northern frontier connecting the settlements established with government assistance. 

"Before heading to other countries you may wanna see what the Kingdom of Elincia has to offer, " a young woman in her later 40s speaks while walking inside the train cabin the people inside the train look outside and see the green plains untouched and uncultivated by civilization, "Hello there, " the young woman with elven ears greets, a young girl who is looking at the window the point of view then changes to outside but still shows the two who are looking at the window. 

"Hello, " The young girl responded and the former smiled, "So many animals! " she shouted in a loud voice while pointing forward the point of view then changed as it turned outward revealing a large number of animals moving alongside the train.    

"My cousin did move to the frontiers, " The young man speaks in a low voice while watching the commercial that is once again following the forty-eight-year-old woman with long elven ears and blonde hair as she entices people to visit and explore the frontier territories of the Kingdom of Elincia, "Well the Kingdom and her predecessors were able to secure the vast amount of territories, " he mumbled in a low voice remembering the conference held by the Organization of Free Nations after the great powers of the organization waive their claims to the interior of the country as a sign of good faith. 

The point of view then changes to a group of men and women exploring the forest after the elven woman who was walking inside the cabin speaks about exploring and experiencing the new world, "I am enjoying my exploration! " a young twenty-three-year-old man who is trekking inside the forest together with his friends speaks. 

"See so many new types of woods indigenous to the continent of Yashmin! " the young woman, a young woman in her late 30s with long elven ears remarked while touching the trunk of the three with her bare hands, "So come on and enjoy and see nature untouched. " 

"And we have to thank Pressyr Travel Agency for assisting us, " A young man in his late 40s with cat ears and a tail said while giving a thumbs up, "Here at Pressyr Travel Agency they will care for you! " he stated with jubilation together with his friend who is also giving a thumbs up. 

The holo screen once again turns black and after a few seconds the logo of Pressyr Travel Agency is shown, "Pressyr Agency we care for your experience, explore and see the world. " 

"People are truly jumping on the bandwagon, " the forty-four-year-old man mumbled in a low voice while looking at the holo screen and seeing the logo of Pressyr Travel Agency, a man holding binoculars looking far. 

Island of New Beginnings, 

OFN independent Territory. 

Located not far from the Unity Hall, the official meeting place of the OFN Legislative Assembly which is divided into two chambers the OFN Parliament and the Council of Nations is the Blue Palace, the official residence of the President of the Organization of Free Nations, the chief executive officer of the Organization of Free Nations. 

President Jiang Huan, the president of the Organization of Free Nations, and the chief executive officer of the Organization is inside her office room looking at the data on her holo pad when suddenly the Holocom on the desk started to vibrate as the display screen materialized asking for confirmation to accept the call and once she has accepted the call the holographic display screen expanded showing the identity of the caller, a young man in her late 40s, her secretary, "Madam President I have come to inform to you that the budget for the fiscal year 2008 has been approved by Parliament and by the Council of Nations. " 

"Finally it is about time, " President Jiang Huan responded upon hearing the news of her budget being approved by the legislative apparatus of the Organization of Free Nations once she had been informed the secretary ended the call, "Really the budget for assisting the United Nations is the cause for much contention, " she mumbled in a low voice while bringing up the display screen showing the breakdown of the OFN's budget for the year 2008 which have been recently approved by the OFN legislative assembly. 

"A ten percent decrease in assistance fund, " a voice suddenly speaks and after a few seconds the figure of a young woman in her late 30s with long elven ears and wearing a white dress materialized beside President Jiang Huan and upon materialization she quickly looked at the display screen showing the budget for the year 2008 and seeing a substantial decrease of assistant fund to the UN. 

"The exploration of the Continent of Yashmin is starting to pick up steam once again, " President Jiang Huang responded while looking at the avatar of the smart artificial intelligence employed by the office of the president of the Organization of Free Nations, "It started to lose steam after the battle of Los Angeles and was fully put on halt during the second abyssal war and during the reconstruction era that followed the war, " the president of the Organization of Free Nations recounted the history when it comes to the exploration of the continent of Yashmin, "Last but not the least would be the ongoing cause of space exploration and since are fully established now. " 

"The cost of space exploration is starting to decrease, " Yao, the name of the artificial intelligence unit employed by the office of the president of the Organization of Free Nations pointed out reminding the former of the decreasing cost of space exploration with the OFN maturing when it comes to space exploration with footprints on the moon and mars, "Sooner or late we would be seeing private companies setting up a show in outer space. " 

"That would be good, " she replied with a smile on her face but quickly vanished as she continued to speak, "But the United Nations and its great powers are starting to see the writing on the wall, " the president of the Organization of Free Nations pointed out. 

"It is an inevitability that our technological superiority would be challenged " Yao calmly responded but her eyes quickly narrowed down on the segment of the piechart showing the budget for research and development, "But we have a few tricks up our sleeves. "

Meanwhile walking outside the OFN Unity hall is a journalist from the French Republic who is tasked with reporting about the OFN's budget for the year 2008, "This won't look good on the papers, " he responded while walking with a young woman in her late 40s who is of similar age to him, a fellow journalist from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, "But I cannot exactly blame the Organization of Free Nations, " he pointed out while the young woman listens to his response to her earlier question. 

"Well the Organization of Free Nations has to take care of its members, " The young forty-six-year-old woman responded, "A ten-percent decrease in development assistant funds for the UN is not that bad, " she pointed out, "Just a few hundred billion Euro, " the young female journalist pointed out, "Afterall the OFN is reprioritizing and is looking at exploring its own lands and outer space. "

"I know someone who is reporting on the ongoing OFN exploration of the continent of Yashmin, " he replied while the two continued to walk along the paved path, "There are talks of indigenous and uncontacted tribes, " The young male journalist pointed out while the two looked at the statues commemorating the end of the second abyssal war, a statue of soldiers from the great powers of the Organization of Free Nations standing side by side holding a flagpole with both hands,  flag poles flying the flag of each of the nations which participating during the second abyssal war.

The two continue their conversation while looking at the statue in the victory plaza which is in front of Unity Hall, "The Organization of Free Nations is eager to find this tribe and who knows what knowledge they may have, " The young woman speaks after the former is done speaking, she then looked at the statue flying the American flag, "The nations on the continent of Yashmin is looking at the American model of native reservations. " 

The following week 

Washington DC, United States of America, 

December 24, 2007, 2:00 pm.     

A young man in his early 40s is walking along the snow-covered sidewalk of the city of Washington DC wearing long sleeve and black pants despite the cold winter winds blowing on his face, "I cannot imagine having no choice but to wear winter attire, " The young man remarked in a low voice while walking on the busy sidewalk and seeing people wearing a mix of attire some are wearing proper winter clothing which is become more of a style due to the existence of smart fabric and the use of magic to heat oneself. 

After walking for a few paces, the young man entered a store the sound of the bell ringing alerted the clerk that someone had entered the store where he worked, "Good afternoon, " the clerk welcomed the young man as he entered the store, "Welcome to Murray magic shop, " she stated with a smile in her face as the man entered the store and the door closes. 

"Good afternoon and advance merry Christmas, " The young man responded while walking towards one of the many shelves that display staves, magical staves with crystal at the top an ancient invention long before the first abyssal war which the American consumer market had grown accustomed to after its introduction following Americas arrival to planet Osteria during what historians referred to as the great transfer, "Do you wrap it? " he inquired while looking at one of the staff of the magic store, a young woman in her late 30s with long elven ears. 

"What color would you want? " the young female elf responded with a smile on her face while walking towards the former, "Do you prefer to hide the shape? " she continued to inquire while standing beside the former, "Or would you prefer if it has a ribbon? "   

"I see no problem why not, " he replied, "the staff that I would purchase will be wrapped in green with a ribbon with the shape being hidden away, " the young man pointed out while touching the display case which activated an interface which in turn displays the staff's information detail including the material that they are made out and the element that the staff specialized on, "Do you have a dual casting stave? " he inquired.  

"I am afraid that you are quite late sir, " she responded, "Christmas rush, " the young female elf explained, "Plus we have them at a discount, " the young woman stated, "If I may ask for whom is it? " 

"Twelve-year-old niece, " the young man answered the question, "She wants to be like the magical girls shown in animations from Yamato, " he stated while looking at the staff, "I should have requested a custom-made stave. " 

"Twelve-year-old? " she questioned. 

"It will be under my name plus I trust her, " he responded while looking at the stave in the display case that caught his attention, a stave made from Treeknod wood, a genetically modified tree commonly used in creating stave due to its properties, "I am taking this have it wrapped in green and in a rectangle, " the young man stated while pointing at the stave that has a purple crystal at the top while pointing at the magical stave that he is purchasing he handed over his weapon's permit which cleared him to purchase the weapon that he is pointing at. 

"Right away sir, " she replied while opening the display case and grabbing the stave in question before walking towards the cash registrar, and the young man paid for the item that he purchased. 

"Sir, would you be interested in a custom order in the future? " the clerk inquired and the man quickly looked at the permit being shown on the wall one of the permits, is a permit that allows the store to create custom-made magical staves but upon completion still needs government approval. 

"Can you make it in the shape of a Spencer railgun assault rifle? " he inquired. 

"Of course sir we can do it, " she replied with a smile on her face before walking towards the back entering the back rooms, and emerging after a few seconds with a large rectangular box where the clerk placed the magical stave, she then proceeded to wrap it around a green wrapper, "We hope to see you again sir, " she stated as the man walked away from the counter carrying the magical stave which has been stored on a box wrapped in green wrapping paper with many small Christmas trees. 

"Thank you very much, " he replied while walking towards the door after a few seconds he opened the door and the sound of a bell ringing was heard and after a few seconds, the sound of the door closing was heard leaving the clerk and the staff alone inside the room.

"Anyway have the store in lockdown we are closing early, " The clerk, a sixty-three-year-old woman who has the figure of a thirty-four-year-old woman instructed her staff about her decision to close earlier than the norm. 

The Thirty-eight-year-old woman with long elven ears short blonde hair and blue eyes nods, an elf recognized to be in her early adolescence responded with a nod before walking away, "So boss do you think you can spare me a glass of whiskey? "

"You underage, " the sixty-three-year-old woman, the owner of the store who is also the clerk responded while looking at the display case after a few seconds the display case suddenly turned red informing her that the lockdown protocol was in place as one by one the staves and other items are lowered into secure storage located beneath the store, a common security practice within the Organization of Free Nations when it comes to selling items which use element-148.

"Come on boss just one sip it is Whiskey, " the thirty-four-year-old female elf stated while walking towards the former. 

"Just two more years and you are perfectly legal to drink, " she retorted while walking away from the cash registrar.

"How come you humans can drink by the age of 18? " 

"Blame biology. "

The state of Utah, United States of America. 

Located within the State of Utah is a military installation operated by the United States Space Force, a large military base with a runway for its growing fleet of Icarus Space Shuttle which can land and take from a runway and fly towards the military installation are a number of ADS-1 Cherokee Dropships, one of the two commonly used dropship of the Organization of Free Nations, the other being the Federation made MK1 Orbital Dropship. 

"Well, we are truly increasing our transport capability this time around, " The commander of the military installation remarked while looking into the skies and seeing the Cherokee dropship making its way towards the military base that he commands from inside the command tower which provides a 360-degree view of the base allowing him to see the pilot's quarter and other facility inside of the large military installation operated by the United States Space Force. 

"Well the Federation did conduct their large-scale military exercise and the result is not pretty, " a military officer responded while walking towards the former while the people inside the command bridge of the tower went about their routine task of observing the air space above their position, "It was found that the Federation's mobility capability is not enough for rapid deployment where holding any breach and preventing its expansion is vital. " 

"And now we know why the Federation military suddenly eyeing an extensive fleet of dropships and combat space shuttles, " the military officer with the rank of brigadier-general, a commissioned officer in charge of the military installation responded while looking at the Dropships that were delivered by Boeing as part of the Armed Forces' recent procurement program which seeks to improve the military's mobility and rapid response capability. 

"Well, Sir wars are won by which side has the superior logistics, " the military officer with the rank of colonel, the base executive officer to whom the former is talking responded while looking at twenty-eight dropships that are landing on their designated spot guided by the ground crew and by the personnel inside the control tower. 

"And which side has the superior industry, " he responded as the last of the dropship landed on the air base. 

Meanwhile, the trained pilots of the space forces are having a chat with each other while inside their quarters, "You know I have heard about the dimensional energy being detected, and is starting to fluctuate more and more, " a young woman in her early 40s pointed out while playing cards with a fellow pilot, a young man who is of similar age to him. 

"Madeline, what are you exactly saying? " the forty-three-year-old male pilot whom the former is talking with responded, "That we may see another incursion on the horizon? " he inquired while looking at the former while grabbing a card from her hand. 

"I am just saying that we may soon be leading young men and women fresh out of the academy, " she replied with a smirk on her face upon seeing the former's face upon getting a good look at the card he picked, "New guys and gals. " 

"Well this is a new wing to be precise, " he replied, "I mean Uncle Sam wants an increase in capability while keeping lethality equally distributed, " the young male pilot pointed out before revealing his cards and forfeiting from the game, "I mean by all definition we are all mostly green. "  

"Those with recent combat experience only fought during the OFN interventions, " she responded while grabbing his cards and shuffling the deck, "men and women armed with nothing more than pajamas and a few discarded relics of the late 20th century. " 

"You two don't let the wing leader hear you, " another pilot who is part of the same squadron as the former responded, "Or he will have you cleaning the toilet by the end of the week. "

"Scrubbing the toilet during Christmas is not exactly my plan, " she responded before dropping the deck of cards, "What about the OFN military exercise? " the young female pilot inquired, "I mean look that is the closest we can get to near peer adversary. "    

"The annual able archer military exercise, " the male pilot whom the former is playing with responded while remembering the ongoing able archer exercise occurring in the Commonwealth of Briton simulating large-scale amphibious operation and naval confrontation, "I am pissed that we are not part of the exercise. " 

"Yeah, " Another pilot who was resting on the bed responded while looking at the two who were playing a card game a while ago, "I mean all we do is wait around, " he pointed out earning a nod of approval from everyone close enough to hear his remark, "I just hope something fun happens for I retire from the military. " 

"2012? " the female pilot who was shuffling the deck inquired. 

"A bunch of hysteric idiots thinking that a precolombian civilization can accurately predict the end of the world. "

Riyad, Riyadh Province, 

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia,

Nightfall has fallen on the city of Riyadh with the moon replacing the sun in the skies with some of the city's civilian population preparing to rest for the night while the business establishments continue to serve their patrons who have come to dine. Inside a high-class restaurant, a fifty-six-year-old man is sitting at the table that has a white cloth covering it looking at the menu after a few seconds he calls the waiter and informs him of his order, "I would like to have Kabsa for dinner, " he stated while pointing at the image on the menu of a dish which contains rice, chicken meat and a wide assortment of spices he then flipped the menu towards the beverages section and ordered a glass of soda, "That would be all. "  

"Just for confirmation, I will repeat your order, " the waiter, a young man in his early 30s responded after getting the former's order, he then repeated the man's order and upon receiving a nod of confirmation he walked away heading towards the counter. 

While waiting for his food to arrive, the fifty-six-year-old man materialized his smart tablet that is purchased from inside the Unified States of Mistral during one of his visits to the country, "I wonder if the battle for the Great Mosque is over, " he mumbled in a low voice while opening The Vidworld, an online video platform commonly used by the Unified States of Mistral which has cross-platform capability allowing its users to view the videos uploaded on other online video platform and upon opening the application he is greeted with a clean interface and his eyes quickly narrowed down on the recommended video, "They are already streaming online, " he mumbled in a low voice while pressing the thumbnail of the video that has the live caption and while he pressed the button he placed the tablet on the stand on the table. 

"The battle for the Great Mosque is over with the last of the insurgent forces surrendering to the Royal Army of Saudi Arabia, " the news anchor, a young man in his late 50s reported while a photo of the battle of the great mosque is shown showing the caption informing the viewer that the battle has ended, "Reporting live in the city of Mecca, we have Abdul Ghani al-Azam, " he called while the screen splits into two showing two display panel one showing the news studio while the other showing the news anchor inside of a military command post not far from the great mosque, "Abdul Ghani al-Azam what do you have for us? " 

"After months of hard fighting the strongholds of the Islamic State of the Arabian Peninsula in the city of Mecca have been secured, " Abdul Ghani al-Azam, the journalist reporting live in the city of Mecca about the battle for the great mosque stated, "With the last of the insurgent forces surrendering. " 

"Well is the city secured? " the male news anchor inquired as soon as the former was done speaking, "Safe from terrorists? " 

"Sadly the city is far from safe, " he responded, "Since according to the United Nations some of the terrorists may have blended with the civilization population the moment the battle started to turn against them, " the male journalist explained, "This finding is backed by the Organization of Free Nations and by the Armed Forces which have valiantly fought to free the great mosque and hold the city. "  

"I take it that martial law would remain in place? " 

"Indeed it will. "

"Well at least the battle is over, " the fifty-six-year-old man spoke in a low voice while listening to the live news broadcast, "Thank the rightful Allah that the battle is over, " he mumbled in a low voice while continuing to listen to the news report. 

Meanwhile, at another table, a young man in his early 30s is watching the news report concerning the end of the battle for the great mosque, and as the journalist continues to speak his eyes narrow down as the journalist asks about the fate of the ring leaders who orchestrated the takeover, "The leader of a group of insurgents Asmar el-Ayub, " The journalist, Abdul Ghani al-Azam stated while the display screen showing the news studio changes showing the known ring leader of the attack, "Has been captured by the Armed Forces, " he stated while a white flag appeared beneath the image, "Ashraf al-Demian, the one who announced the Islamic State is killed during the later stages of the siege, " he continues while a large X crossed out the image of the person in question. 

"Well, how many of the militants were captured? " the news anchor inquired once the display screen showing the fate of the ring leaders disappeared. 

"Eight hundred were captured during the battle, " he replied and upon hearing the number of militants captured the thirty-four-year-old man who was watching the broadcast sighed while the number of killed was brought up, "But according to the minister of defense more than three thousand is still unaccounted for, " Abdul Ghani al-Azam reported and a smirk appeared on the man's face upon hearing that some of the militants have blended in with the crowd, "And martial law would remain in place in the city until deemed safe. " 

'The plea for an uncorrupted Saudi Arabia continues as the struggle against the infidels and the traitors continues, '  The young man mentally remarked while the news anchor brought up another news concerning the economic liberalization and diversification after the journalist finished reporting. 

"First Deputy Prime Minister Sultan bin Abdulaziz Al Saud has announced the possibility of reviewing the ban on liquor by allowing alcohol sale to non-muslim, " The news anchor stated and once again the man's eyes narrowed at the news, "As means of tackling the black market sale of alcoholic beverages. " 

The young man gritted his teeth upon hearing the news of a planned review on the alcohol ban which has been in place since 1952, "Why are we compromising in the name of non-muslims? " he inquired in a low voice while the news anchor spoke of the foreign diplomats and the possibility of opening a liquor store in diplomatic districts, "infidels and New World Pagans, " he mumbled in a low voice enough with only him hearing his remark while waiting for the food to arrive.  

Baghdad, Baghdad governate, 

Republic of Iraq. 

Located along the diplomatic street are the embassies of the member states of the Organization of Free Nations which are located close to each other with each embassy housing a military company for protection a common practice that has now been adopted by each of the member states of the United Nations. 

Inside the embassy of the Unified States of Mistral, the ambassador is looking at the holo screen watching the news report being reported by Al-Jazeera, a news media company owned by the government of the State of Qatar, a news media company launched during the year 2006, "quite a genius ploy by the Saudi Arabian government " the ambassador, a young man in his late 50s pointed out while watching the news about the Saudi Arabia reviewing the alcohol ban which has been in place since 1952. 

A young woman in her late 40s who is a member of the former's inner staff speaks while sitting on the couch inside of his office room, "Well the liquor black market trade here in the Middle East is quite profitable, " she pointed out while looking at the ambassador while seated on a couch with her headgear that wrapped around her head is on the table in front of her, "Base on statistics of course, " the young woman continues to speak. 

Ambassador Vincent Granholm smiles before speaking, "Yes based on statistics, " he responded while a smile was present on his face he then cleared his throat, "So the Islamic State of the Arabian Peninsula has been driven out. " 

"Not exactly, " the young woman, who is an intelligence and cultural specialist tasked with advising the ambassador with regards to the country they are assigned to speaks while looking at the holo screen that the former is looking at, "Driven underground yes after all our intelligence apparatus points to a fact that the number of militants. " 

"We use the proper term Insurgents according to the Fatwa that was released, " he corrected the former who nodded in agreement, "We have to be sensitive and very inclusive with regards to the words we use when it comes to diplomacy, " he pauses for a few seconds, "Even in private. " 

"The initial strength of the insurgents numbered at five thousand five hundred, " she informed the former while using the correct term, "by the time the city was surrounded and in lockdown it reached some seven thousand five hundred, " the young woman continues with the statistics, "According to our intelligence apparatus some of the insurgents have blended in with the local population. " 

"I wonder what show they're going to show after this minor setback. "

"Who could possibly know about such a thing, " the young forty-eight-year-old intelligence and cultural specialist responded before looking at the clock hanging on the wall once the small and long hands are pointed at the same number a loud explosion is heard coming from outside the embassy, "Other than the upper leadership of the insurgents, " she stated just in time to hear the sound of the door knocking and once ambassador Vincent Granholm gave his permission the door opens and a member of the security staff, military personnel entered the room. 

"Ma'am and sir, " the military personnel reported, "Car bomb in front of the embassy, " he stated, "Marine company is being deployed the head of security suggests a lockdown. " 

"Do it, " Ambassador Vincent Granholm instructed. 

"Move move move! " the company commander from the Mistralian Marine Corp shouted while leading the marines with him towards the front gate of the embassy while overhead security drones were flying above them heading towards the scene but remaining within the embassy ground, "We have a situation on our hands. "  

"Fucking monkeys, " An American marine standing on guard behind the gate mumbled in a low voice while looking at the smoke and wreckage in front of the embassy of the Unified States of Mistral. 

"Quiet down we certainly don't want the media hearing you, " another marine armed with an M15 Spencer Railgun assault rifle and equipped with an exoskeleton combat suit chastizes the former upon hearing his remark, "Or there will be a media shitstorm, " he remarked while looking at the gate of the embassy of the Unified States of Mistral opening and bomb disposal unit moving towards the scene while security personnel established a perimeter around the wreckage. 

"Poking at the hornet nest, " another marine who is equipped with the same weapon and equipment as the former remarked while looking up and seeing combat drones hovering above the embassy complex conducting a modified patrol in response to the terrorist attack, "They never learn do they, " he remarked while looking at the marine-rifleman who is chastised by the former while drones circle the embassy ground while following a modified route that was activated seconds after the explosion outside the embassy of the Unified States of Mistral. 

"They never bother to learn otherwise they won't dare to poke at the sleeping giant, " he remarked while looking at the embassy marine security detail securing the site while the bomb disposal unit checked the wreckage. 

"So much for a good quiet Christmas, " the Ambassador of the United States of America mumbled in a low voice while looking at the city through the window while standing next to it.    

The following day 

Incursio, Region of Lorent, 

Imperium of Lorent, December 25, 2007, 

12:00 am.  

Inside a large room Located within the Palace of Solitude, the official residence of the sovereign of the Imperium of Lorent who is also the head of the state of the Kingdom of Elincia, Empress Klara Maelstrom is sitting at a desk while the Imperial coat of arms is displayed behind her to her left while to her right is the flag of the Imperium of Lorent.

"This early morning of the 25th of December holds a dear importance in our way of life and our history, " Empress Klara Maelstrom addresses the nation while the broadcasting drone is hovering above the floor with the camera pointed at her as she speaks, "This day is also being celebrated by our allies and partners, " she continues to speak, "To the Organization of Free Nations, the 25th of December holds an important event and for this holds, " she continues to speak while looking at the drone being controlled by the Palace's media staff, "For this is the day we snatch victory against our hated enemy, " the head of state of the Imperium of Lorent stated, "The abyss. A victory fought with blood, sweat, and tears to see to our future that of our nation stands. " 

Empress Klara Maelstrom continues her address commemorating the end of the first abyssal war, "This Great war against the abyss founded our nation and our civilization, " she declared in a loud voice while sitting behind her desk on a simple chair, "The Imperium stands thanks to its heroes in the past, present and in the future, " she stated with conviction while looking at the broadcasting drone, "I would like to give thanks to our military who stands eternally vigilant against any threat, " she continues to speak while looking at a teleprompt which contains the speech that she has written, "To our citizenry who gives their all in the service of our nation in times of peace and in wars, " she stated talking about the civilian population of the Imperium of Lorent and giving them thanks, "May our prosperity continue as we look into the future with heads held high. "

"Let us give a moment of silence for those who have fallen in the service of our nation and her people, " Empress Klara Maelstrom pauses for a minute before speaking, "A new dawn approaches as the last six days of the year come, and ago, " she stated, "We eagerly await the arrival of the new year and may the pantheon of Arkanas continue to bless our nation today and in the future, " she concluded her address with a bow in front of the broadcasting camera and after a few seconds she is informed that the live feed has been cut.

After a few minutes, Empress Klara Maelstrom is roaming the halls of the Palace of Solitude together with her chamberlain, Milly Holm an old friend of hers even before her ascension to the rank of the crown princess, "The speech is quite different today, " she pointed out while Empress Klara Maelstrom is walking along the corridor while the servants of the palace are resting for the night except those whom are assigned to the night shift, "A little bit militaristic. " 

Empress Klara Maelstrom chuckled before responding to her friend's observation of her speech, "I am sure that you have been made aware of the recent readings, " she pointed out. 

"Mostly online articles, " she replied, "After all it is not my duty to know. " 

"Then I cannot answer it any further, " Empress Klara Maelstrom responded, "But December 25 is known as a victory day, " she pointed out while walking beside the former who was escorting her to her room, "And I think my address is adequate for the celebration at hand, " the head of state of the Imperium of Lorent pointed out just in time to hear the sound of the firework display starting in commemoration for the end of the first abyssal war. 

"Indeed it is, " Chamberlain Milly Holm responded, and after a few seconds of walking the two of them arrived in front of Klara's room, "See you later for the morning military parade, " she bids farewell while Klara Maelstrom enters her room. 

While Milly Holm was speaking, Klara Maelstrom turned around to face her and offered her hands which the former accepted kissing the ring on her finger, "See you later, " Klara Maelstrom responded before closing and locking the door and once the door was closed she started to change into her nightwear, matching blue pajamas while storing the attire she used in her morning address into her cabinet, "I still have a military parade to attend later this afternoon, " she mumbled in a low voice while walking towards her bed, "I am already fifty-three-years-old I should probably look into the problem of heir, " she stated while closing her eyes. 

Victorria, Province of Castilbello,

Imperial Republic of Soren. 

The city of Victorria, the national capital of the Imperial Republic of Soren, is a major urban center of the nation and one of the key economic, financial, and industrial hubs of the country. 

A young man in his early 20s is sitting at the round table close to the window while looking at the holo pad that is showing him the menu after a few seconds he presses the image of the food that caught his attention and a prompt appears asking him about the amount of plate of the dish that he would like to order and after inputting the number the display screen asked for confirmation and upon pressing the confirmation button the order is updated, "I think this is more than enough, " he mumbled in a low voice while pressing a tab which changes the display showing him the dishes that he ordered, a medium rare steak meal and a glass of wine together with potato chip with a dipping sauce. 

After confirming his order he raised his hand and one of the staff of the diner approached him and he turned over the holo pad before looking at the countdown timer displayed on the table, "Five minutes it's not that bad, " the twenty-one-year-old man remarked in a low voice while watching the countdown, he then looked at his wrist and sees the time informing him that it is already afternoon, he then looked outside through the window and sees a large number of people blocking his view towards the street where the Grand Army of the Republic would be marching down as part of the tradition which celebrates the end of the first abyssal war, a tradition observed throughout the member states of the Organization of Free Nations except for the United States of America and the United Federation together with the nations which are found on the continent of Yashmin. 

The young man sighed with frustration upon seeing his view being blocked by the people who had come to witness the military parade, "Should have made by reservation earlier, " he mumbled while looking at the second floor and seeing the wooden railing to preventing anyone from falling from the second floor onto the first floor, "Oh well guess I can just watch from the television, " he mumbled in a low voice while turning towards the Holo Screen and seeing a live coverage of the parade grounds and seeing the soldiers of the Grand Army of the Imperial Republic standing in formation with the soldiers at the front and behind them are the many combat vehicles operated by the Grand Army of the Imperial Republic. 

Most of the holo screen is covered by the display screen showing the military parade grounds but at the bottom right is a small display screen showing the news studio where the host of the morning news program, a young woman in her late 40s is visible, "Any minute now the military parade will be commencing, " the host of the news program covering the story of the military parade reported while at the bottom center is flashing countdown with all numbers at a zero. 

to the bottom left is another display screen showing the journalist reporting live on the parade ground where the artillery batteries are located, "Indeed I am now seeing movement from the artillery battery crew, " the thirty-six-year-old male journalist reported while the large display screen splits into two showing the military formation that is part of the parade and the artillery battery crew loading shells into the chamber and after a few seconds the sound of the artillery battery firing is heard as the crew fired blanks into the air. 

The 41 gun battery salute commences with the artillery batteries firing at regular intervals signalling the start of the military parade to commemorate the end of the first Abyssal war upon reaching the thirtieth mark the air force conducted a flyover with its most modern jets leaving a colored trail for the people down below to see. 

"I am definitely joining the air force! " a young sixteen-year-old boy shouted in a loud voice as the parade commenced with the people waving the flag of the Imperial Republic of Soren while the 41 gun battery salute continued while overhead a flight of four strategic bombers flying in a diamond formation flies overhead followed by the helicopters and spacecraft operated by the air force and just the forty-first mark is reached the Grand Army of the Imperial Republic Started their march with the anthem of the Imperial Republic of Soren playing with the soldiers marching down the street being greeted by a crowd of people who are waving mini flags of the Imperial Republic of Soren. 

"Go Army! " A young man in his late 20s shouted in a loud voice while waving the miniature flag of the Imperial Republic of Soren that he was holding with his hand while standing behind the barrier that covered the path that parade would take. 

"Woah those are the new main battle tanks, " A young seventeen-year-old girl remarked while waving the flag of the Imperial Republic of Soren and seeing the brand new main battle tanks of the Imperial Republic of Soren, the Ariette T-21 MK2 Defender main battle tank, an improved variant of the MK1A2. Two are part of the T-21 Family which has several variants which constitute the main tank force of the member states of the Minerva Steel and Coal Union.

"Ariette T-21 MK2, " The young boy who is of similar age to the former uttered the name of the main battle tank that would soon replace all of the Ariete T-21 main battle tanks licensed by Ariette Heavy Arms, "I wonder when are we going to see bipedal titans? " he inquired while the main battle tanks' which are armed with a 130mm rail gun cannon with an autoloader and a crew of three, the main battle tank is also outfitted with the latest electronic equipment and energy shields for added protection alongside directed energy weapon for point defense drive pass their position. 

"Well our soldiers are equipped with exoskeleton combat suits I am sure that in the future we may be seeing those American gundams, " the young girl responded while remembering the American pop-cultural icon introduced during its stay on the planet Osteria, "An American Pop-cultural Icon. " 

"Wait Gundam is made by the Japanese, " a young woman in her late 30s who is wearing a T-shirt with the Union Jack while wearing a cap with the flag of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland corrected the young girl. 

Despite the shouts and the festivities the young eighteen-year-old boy and girl can hear her words which makes the two look at her while raising their eyebrow, "Lady the Americans made Gundam popular in the Organization of Free Nations, " the young boy pointed out, "They introduce it to us and made so many changes to it so yes it is made by the Americans. " 

' The American government still hasn't compensated writers like J. K. Rowling, '  the young woman mentally remarked as the military parade that she has come to witness continues while she remembers the lawsuit being filed against the United States government by writers and other critical thinkers since its return to Earth after it suddenly disappears during the year 1992 a disappearance which lasted for eight years, "How different is it from stealing? " she asked herself while looking at the Zaranter MK1, the primary Infantry Assualt Combat Carrier used by the Minerva Steel and Coal Union, a type of vehicle commonly used by the Organization of Free Nations which combines the capability of APC and IFV, allowing the IACC to carry several soldiers while being able to give punishment to the opposition in the form of railgun cannon and anti-tank missile launcher system. 

Meanwhile observing the military parade from the third floor of a Wendy's Restaurant is a journalist from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland who is writing on her holo pad while waiting for her meal, "The member states of the Organization of Free Nations is very nationalistic but not to the point mirroring the great powers before the first world war, " she mumbled in a low voice while writing her notes on her holo pad, "Or maybe they are as there government look at us like children with no idea how to govern, " she continues to mumble the words that she is writing on her holo pad, "Maybe that is why they are generous with loans and development assistance. " 

"Only a fool would dream to attack us, " a young twenty-year-old man mumbled while looking at the parade while sitting at the round table near the window and seeing the parade, "The UN's mutually assured destruction is shot down by the Space-Land-Air-Missile Shield system, " he mumbled talking about the ballistic shield system that the OFN employs which the former can hear, a system that she is all too aware of, a system in place even before the second abyssal war, a system pioneered by the United Federation and is now commonly used by the Organization of Free Nations.

'maybe we can create our own SLAM system with the help of artificial intelligence, '  The young woman mentally remarked remembering the ongoing scientific mission by the member states of the United Nations which the Organization of Free Nations accepted, ' the government wants nothing more than deterrence. ' 

Seoul, Seoul Special City, 

Republic of Korea.  

The city of Seoul is the key economic and industrial hub of the Republic of Korea which generates a sizable portion of the nation's Gross Domestic product. The city itself is the national capital of the Republic of Korea, one of the two countries in the Korean Peninsula with the city being close to the Korean Demilitarized Zone. 

Moving along the street of the city of Seoul is a convoy of vehicles, three black sedans escorted by eight police motorcycles, four at the front and four at the back, and along the route of the convoy of vehicles a number of people have come to witness the convoy of vehicle that is moving along the street of their city, "That's him right? " a young man in his late 30s remarked in a low voice while looking at the convoy of vehicle and seeing the middle sedan drive past his vehicle. 

"Who would have thought that such an event would take place, " A young woman in her late 20s remarked in a low voice while sitting at the round table near the window of the coffee house and seeing the convoy of vehicles driving past her position while she is taking a sip of her morning coffee, "Hey are you alright? " she asked while talking with a twenty-four-year-old woman, a defector from North Korea who defected via China by heading to the embassy of the United Federation. 

"Yeah, it's just so surreal, " The young twenty-four-year-old woman responded while looking at the last of the back motorcycle driving past their position, she then turned to look at the woman whom she was having coffee with, "I mean I kinda expected the Organization of Free Nations to make a move against the North. " 

"And so far they have just observed from afar, " she replied while looking at the former, "So are you going with your plan? " 

"Yeah I will immigrate to the United Federation, " the young woman responded. 

"Why not head to the United Kingdom of Kanchon and Atron? " the young woman inquired, "It is Korea but larger and it is under United Federation protection, " she stated, "I mean they wear our traditional attire as everyday attire. "  

"Have you been there? " 

"A few times. " 

"So that's him, " A young man in his early 40s remarked in a low voice while walking along the snow-covered sidewalk and seeing the convoy of vehicles approaching his position heading towards the Blue House, the official residence of the president of the Republic of Korea, the head of state and government of the nation, "There is no way I will forget that flag, " he mumbled in a low voice while looking at the flag of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea being flown together with the flag of the Republic of Korea by the middle sedan. 

Gathered along the sidewalk are the onlookers who are looking at the convoy of vehicles that are moving along the streets. Inside the middle sedan, the car that is flying the flag of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and the Republic of Korea the current General Secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, Kim Jong Un is looking outside through the window, "How far are we? " he asked while glancing at the driver of the vehicle. 

"We are not very far supreme leader, " the driver of the vehicle responded while looking at the road and seeing the lead sedan in front of him at irregular intervals he glanced at the head of state of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea through the rear-view mirror.

General Secretary Kim Jong Un looked at the driver before once again speaking, "How is your family? " he inquired while looking at the former awaiting his response. 

The driver of the vehicle quickly responded, "They are doing fine supreme leader, " he answered the question at hand, "We are very happy to be under your benevolent rule. "

"That is good to know, " The young general secretary of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea who has ascended into office following the sudden demise of Kim Jong-il responded while smiling at the former. 

After a few minutes, the vehicle convoy turned left after the security detail manning the position, soldiers from the Republic of Korean Armed Forces opened the barrier allowing the vehicle to enter, "I kinda like the forest that surrounds us, " General Secretary Kim Jong Un remarked while looking at the woods to his left through the window, "In reminds me of the countryside, " he stated while glancing at the driver who can see him looking at him. 

"Indeed but I would prefer our countryside, " the driver responded while applying a steady amount of force on the clutch while keeping his foot close to the brake pedal as he spoke he cleared his throat, "Untouched by greed, " he stated while the Blue house come into view, "Such an extravagant house for the president. " 

"Indeed, " he replied as the car turned left and after a few seconds the car stopped in front of the blue house, the official residence of the president of the Republic of Korea, "Such a waste, " he remarked while a marine infantry walked towards the car and open the door for the general secretary of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and once the door is opened he exited the vehicle and walked towards President Roh Moo-hyun, the head of state of the Republic of Korea who is walking towards him. 

"The face of the new north, " A journalist, a young woman in her late 30s remarked in a low voice while taking a picture of the two walking towards each other together with the other journalists who were permitted to report about the historic meeting between the head of state of the two Koreas, "Maybe we can work with him, " she remarked in a low voice while overhead security drones are patrolling the area. 

"I am not sure, " another journalist, a young man in his late 30s responded, "his father is not exactly the image of someone friendly to journalists, " he responded, "Plus this Kim Jong Un is someone relatively unknown. "

"Even better maybe the North will have a new leader, " Another journalist responded while taking a picture of both President Roh Moo-hyun and Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un shaking hands with each other after they meet, "Someone the OFN and the UN will be willing to work with. " 

"I do hope that the traffic is not that bad, " President Roh Moo-hyun speaks with a smile on his face while shaking hands with Kim Jong-Un who returned with a smile on his face. 

"It ain't that bad given how many cars your city has, " General Secretary Kim Jong Un, the Twenty-three-year-old head of state of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea responded, "But nonetheless I have to give thanks for your effort to invite me to your country, " he stated while shaking hands with the former, "I am sure we can find a common ground between our nation's interest. " 

As they continue to shake hands the journalists inside the house grounds continue to take pictures or broadcast the historic meeting between the two nations who have been having a staring competition since the 1950s, inside the embassy of the United States of America, the ambassador watches the news broadcast from inside of his office room through the holo screen projected by the emulator device on the table, "The face of the New North Korea, " Ambassador Lesly Fields remarked while looking at the face of the young supreme leader of North Korea who was able to quickly consolidate power in four months, "Or the new North. "

The intelligence adviser of the ambassador, a young man in his early 40s responded after calmly taking a sip of his morning tea, "What can't you love above this guy? " he inquired while looking at the former, "From the family of assholes it seems the North found a shepherd, " he responded which made the former chuckle at his response, "guiding the flock while shutting down numerous concentration and forced labor camp, " The young man continues to speak which made the former raised an eyebrow. 

"I was not made aware of that. " 

"And now you are being made aware, " he responded, "And has started to use the radio to speak with his people, " the young man continued to speak recounting all the intelligence reports they have against Kim Jong Un, "Apologizing for his father's mistakes and taking an oath to be a good supreme leader. " 

"What can't you like about that guy? " she inquired while deactivating the emulator device that was projecting the holo screen, "You said it yourself a Jesus among Lucifers and Satans, " Ambassador Lesly Fields, "A knight in shining armor, " she continues to speak which made the former chuckle, "And lastly the North's own clean Wehrmacht against the Evil Nazi SS. " 

"Too bad he is a puppet of China and Russia, " the intelligence adviser responded, "Not to mention our analysis concludes that the mysterious death of Jong-il is not exactly mysterious, " the intelligence adviser, a young man employed by the Central Intelligence Agency pointed out concerning the sudden demise of Kim Jong-il through a heart attack and how quick the new general secretary can consolidate power, "They are learning and using our technique, " he pointed out, "Such a method is years ahead of what they should have. " 

Kobe, Hyōgo Prefecture

Japan.

Inside the headquarters of one of the major steel-producing companies of Japan, a negotiation is taking place between the representative of an industrial company from Yamato who is seated at a rectangular table opposite the representative from the Japanese company, one of the companies hit hard by the financial crisis but is slowly recovering and seating. 

"Well we at US Steel are very interested in acquiring three of your major steel plants, " The representative of one of the American steel giants, Yamaji Industrial Conglomerate, a company reinvigorated by the Second Abyssal War whose fortune continues even after the war stated with a smile in his face while a holo projection shows three of the steel plant that Yamaji Financial Group is trying to acquire, "We are all interested of course on the monetary value, " the chief representative stated while looking at the CEO of Kobe Steel who is seating opposite of him. 

"Those three together with the other assets you currently possess is enough to place you in the Japanese Steel Market, " the CEO of Kobe Steel, a sixty-three-year-old man stated while looking at the holographic projection which shows the output of each of the plants before the financial crisis. 

"Nippon Steel also said that when we acquire some of their assets which are the least profitable given the current circumstance, " the thirty-six-year-old chief representative speaks reminding the former about the recent asset acquisition made by Yamaji Industrial Conglomerate which sees it gaining access to three Steel Plants formerly owned by Nippon Steel, the steel giant of Japan which was also hit hard by the financial crisis which sees the near collapse of the Japanese banking system, "And We are offering you a means to getting this plants out your hands. " 

"Sir I think this is a good deal, " the head of the financial department of Kobe Steel pointed out after the former was done speaking, "The alternative would be cutting down the workforce to keep those steel plants profitable, " he stated while looking at the former. 

"The Japanese government won't like that at all given that your nation's unemployment rate is at fifteen Percent and is still expected to climb, " the financial adviser of the chief representative from Yamaji Industrial Conglomorate pointed out, "If you decided to cut workforce then it would make front paper, " he continues to speak informing the other side of the repercussion if they choose the alternative, "Adding pressure to the already existing Welfare program. " 

The CEO of Kobe Steel, the sixty-three-year-old man looked at the people from Yamato who were wearing their traditional attire with the emblem of the Yamaji Industrial Conglomorate visible, ' the sheer arrogance, '  he mentally remarked before sighing and after a few seconds he started to speak responding to the former, "I will inform the board of directors and the major shareholders of your proposition. "  

After a few minutes, the representatives from Yamaji Industrial Conglomerate are inside their car moving along the street of Tokyo whose sidewalks are covered in snow, "Have you seen the man's face? " the financial adviser, the thirty-six-year-old man who talked about the Japanese government not liking any further increase in unemployment speaks while sitting beside the chief representative. 

"I don't need seers to know that they he is thinking we are arrogant, " The chief representative responded after the former brought up the topic about the CEO of Kobe Steel, "Everyone knows that Kobe Steel is under financial strain which means they will relent I was hoping to get five not three. " 

"It is called being respectful to the natives, " another member of the team sent by Yamaji Industrial Conglomerate to negotiate the handover responded. 

Beijing, People's Republic of China. 

"Six percent, " General Secretary Hu Jintao, the paramount leader of the People's Republic of China remarked in a low voice while looking at the holo screen showing an information matrix submitted by the National Development and Reform Commission concerning the status of the Chinese industry and seeing a spike of six percent of companies being entirely owned by foreign entities particularly those from the Organization of Free Nations and specifically those from the Commonwealth of Astra.   

The other head of each department of the state council looked at the holo screen in front of them showing the information matrix submitted by the National Development and Reform Commission as part of its year-ender report, "Well as a matter of national security this is a threat that is starting to grow, " the head of the Ministry of State Security pointed out after a few seconds of silence, "Six percent of the companies registered to have one hundred percent ownership is a matter of national concern, " he continues to speak. 

"Well most of them is born out of necessity, " the head of the National Development and Reform Commission stated after the former was done speaking, "The alternative would be thousands of people out of job. " 

"We cannot exactly afford to bail out all of these companies, " the head of the ministry of finance speaks, "So the alternative would be to sell them to foreigners, " he stated while everyone was looking at him, "I well aware of the risk but people out of a job makes a convincing argument that we need to be flexible with our approach. "    

"The hardliners in the next National People's Congress would be making a lot of noise because of this, "General Secretary Hu Jintao pointed out, "Anyway have you found anything about those rumors that are slowly spreading? " he inquired. 

"Sir it is hard to trace rumors because its point of origin is numerous and is spread by those who are very patriotic, " the head of the Ministry of State Security responded after the rumors of General Secretary Hu Jintao selling the nation to foreign interest is brought up, "Not to mention the fact that we are starting to see an increase in the number of t foreign interest groups purchasing state assets which are unprofitable given our current financial woes. "

"Basically all this logical action is adding fuel to the rumor, " the head of the National Development and Reform Commission responded after the former was done speaking, "Not to mention that our government is talking with Xinjang Group from the Commonwealth of Astra who has shown interest in buying Handan Iron and Steel Group. "

"What do you think about the continent of Yashmin? " General Secretary Hu Jintao inquired.

Unclaimed Territory, Continent of Yashmin, 

Organization of Free Nations.

North of the Frontier territory of the State of Nezim is the great forest of Yashmin, a deep and large forest that spans the majority of the central region of the Continent of Yashmin, a vast land of flowing rivers and green plains and deep forests where several expeditions from both the Organization of Free Nations and the United Nations are conducting survey and exploration of the central region of the continent whose deep forest is matched only by the Amazon rainforest where Both Organizations have dispatch deep survey teams. 

A deep surveying team from the Organization of Free Nations is traversing the thick vegetation of the Great Forest of Yashmin escorted by a squad of soldiers from the State of Nezim, armed combat personnel added after more and more proof of uncontacted civilization deep in the forest have been discovered since the start of large scale exploration, "I will be surprised if the trees started speaking in Vietnamese, " a fifty-three-year-old man, who is the head of the exploration team jokingly remarked while traversing the forest with his team while drones circle their position. 

"I will be surprised for sure, " Another explorer, a young woman in her early 30s speaks while looking at her holo pad which is being updated in real life, "We are two kilometers from the boundary limit for today, " she stated while looking at her holo pad and seeing the distance to the boundary, the absolute limit in how far they can explore which is updated every week. 

"Pardon my ignorance my friends but what are you referring you? " the squad leader who is armed with an assault rifle with an under-barrel grenade launcher and equipped with an exoskeleton combat suit and combat system interface inquired, "What is this Vietnam? " she inquired, "I know the country but whats the reference? " 

"Basically the Vietnam war, " the leader of the group responded as the team continued to traverse the forest, "Where there is a bunch of farmers armed with AK-47, " he stated recounting a war that Americans fought in the past, "hiding in the jungles and us flashing them out. " 

"So you won with great cost? " one of the soldiers who is part of the squad inquired. 

"It's complicated, " he responded as they continued to traverse the terrain with his system interface being updated with terrain features as they continued, "Basically we lost the political battle but the military battle was won, " he explained, "The enemy has more men willing to die than body bags. "

"I have read about it the South was unwilling to fight its war and leaves everything to Uncle Sam, " Another explorer, a young man in his early 20s pointed out, "When America pulled out of the war they barely lasted a decade before being defeated, " the young twenty-five-year-old man from the United Federation pointed out, "Our government and institution studied it closely as a blueprint for any future nation building. " 

"Well that is kinda ominous, " the young woman who is glancing at her holo pad that is being updated responded, "But then again it did bring fruit during Somalia and Afghanistan, " the young woman from the Imperium of Lorent pointed out when suddenly the group heard the sound of something falling into the bushes and quickly the group of explorers and soldiers created a circle with the soldiers forming the outer perimeter with combat ballistic shields raised and rifle pointed outwards while combat drones circle the area while one of the surveying drones headed towards the source of sound. 

After a few seconds, the holo screen showed an image of a young woman with long elven ears wearing a lightly colored tunic trying to run away with a broken leg with a bow on her back, "Look at that our native has forgotten about her quiver, " The head of the exploration team jokingly remarked while looking at the quiver on the ground before looking at the video of the woman running away with a broken. 

"What's the prime directive? " the young woman from the Imperium of Lorent who is holding the holo screen questioned. 

"Oh I know that reference, " The squad leader responded upon hearing the former's question, "Let us high tail out of here and inform command, " he stated while signaling the squad's radio operator to signal command, "Squad We are moving like this until we reach base camp. "

"This is Deep Exploration Team 56 be advised native contact is confirmed and we are pulling back to base camp, " the squad's radio operator equipped with a custom radio that can penetrate the forest reported, "Out. " 

"Say Again Deep Exploration Team 56, " the person on the other end of the line instructed. 

"Native contact is confirmed and we are pulling back to base camp. Out. " 

"Roger that proceed to base camp, out. " 

The deep exploration team together with their armed escort headed back to base camp while keeping a tight formation with the civilian exploration team inside the circle whose perimeter is manned by the soldiers with weapons raised providing a 360-degree view of the area as they move together with the combat and surveying drones.   

Six days later

State of Chesire, United Federation, 

December 31, 2007, 11:58 pm.  

Located deep within the forest far from any settlement is a cabin in the woods monitored 24/7 with hidden CCTV cameras and camouflaged drones that are moving around the perimeter deep beneath the large cabin is a First Echelon black site for counter-espionage one of many black sites located all over the continent of Edelweiss. 

Being dragged towards one of the rooms through a chilled hallway is a young woman who is wearing only her underwear but her face is covered with a large black sack wrapped around her head with only a small hole below the nostril for getting air dragging the person in question are two personnel of the site who are wearing a white face mask devoid of any decoration. 

The two security sentinel outside the room opened the door after the young woman was pushed to the ground and restrained by one of the personnel dragging her towards the room upon entering the room the young woman being dragged suddenly felt a change in temperate and as she tries to breathe through her nose, the wind coming from her nose became visible to the two who is securing her in place on the chair and after being secured in place the black sack is removed revealing a young woman in her late 30s with blonde hair and blue eyes. 

"What is the meaning of this? " she quickly asked the moment the device around her mouth was removed, "Let me go! " the thirty-six-year-old woman shouted while looking around her and seeing her being at the middle of the track that circles her with only a candle at the middle being her light source, "I have my rights! " she continues to shout as the candle started to dim and after a few seconds the fire on the candle wick is extinguish. 

After an hour of darkness, a light source is illuminated in front of her partially blinding her but after her eyes adjust she can see a shadow of a person but the person's face is blocked by the light that is in front of her face, "Turn it off, " she shouted while pleading as her mind breaks after her experience but before she can plead again a device is suddenly placed on her mouth preventing her from speaking while a device wrapped around her forehead preventing her head from moving. 

"You are a servant of the Federation, " the voice of a man speaks as the young woman starts to shiver due to the cold temperate of the room, "Her health is your concern, " the voice continues to speak, "Her people are your people, " the voice declared calmly as the young woman is being forced to listen, "Prior loyalty is discarded in the name of the Federation. " 

The young woman closed her eyes and tried not to listen but the person behind the light continued to speak to her, "You are Her Majesty's most loyal servant, " the man stated with the woman closing her eyes, "You obey and serve the Federation whose democracy protects you, " the voice continues, "The nation's enemies are your mortal enemies, " the conditioning continuous for two more minutes and the light is suddenly turned off, "His most esteemed majesty welcomes you to the Federation. " 

Upon hearing the invitation the young woman responded monotonously, "And I humbly accept the invitation. "    

in another room observing the entire conditioning process are operatives from the First Echelon Directorate who are taking notes one of the officers looked at the paper containing the woman's information placed atop a board that she is holding, "Lilya Gavrilova Valentinovna, " the female officer uttered the name of the woman being conditioned, "Foreign Intelligence Service, Russian Federation. "  

"We have people who are well-versed when it comes to Mental Domination, " Another officer from the first echelon remarked in a low voice while the lights were being turned on and two operatives entered the room removed the harness, and escorted the woman out of the room. 

"We don't use that term, " she responded, "It sounds so evil, " the female officer holding the board which contains the woman's information detail continues, "It is called conditioning, " the young female officer corrected the former.   

At the turn of the year Emperor William Smith sits behind a desk addressing the nation as part of the tradition at the dawn of the new year, "Your majesty we are live, " the media coordinator of the Imperial Palace informed William that he is now live. 

"As the year 2008 dawns upon us we reminiscence on our success and our failures, " William Smith started her address while looking at the broadcasting drone, "The foundation of our great nation is built on the stories of success and failures, " he continues to speak while looking at the drone in front of him, "We have weathered the storms of war in the past beating back the abyssal threat once and for all, " he recounted the successes made by the United Federation, "Victory through the valiant sacrifices of our people we have secured peace for the Federation and a better future for our children, " the emperor of the United Federation continues, "Our Democratic values continues to glow brighter, " he stated while at the same time Lilya Gavrilova Valentinovna is being escorted out of the room and into another chamber, "Our defense of Liberty continues as we share our prosperity with our partners in the United Nations, " he continues to speak while Lilya Gavrilova Valentinovna is once again being strapped to the chairs by the operatives from First Echelon Directorate as the second phase of conditing begins, "With full confidence am I sure that no matter the challenges and obstacles of tomorrow we shall triumph over them, " he declared with a voice full of confidence, "I speak before you not as your emperor but as a citizen of the Federation, and to our new immigrants from afar I humbly welcome you to the United Federation, Land of the Brave, and home of Liberty bearing the torch of Democracy."   

"And I humbly accept the invitation, " Lilya Gavrilova Valentinovna sitting in a chair while her limbs are restrained responded after the operative from First Echelon uttered the challenge code while looking at her from beyond the glass while another operative looked at the vital signs coming from her brain. 

"To peace everlasting, " the operative who uttered the challenge code remarked while sipping a glass of wine and looking at the woman who was sitting on the chair alone and almost naked, in a room conditioned to be chilly as part of the routine in creating double agents for First Echelon Directorate. 

One by one the lights are turned off leaving only the light above Lilya Gavrilova Valentinovna.  

End chapter  

Author's notes 

1. That is it folks that is how we create sleeper agents and it is based on science not yet QFM.   

2. Regarding the part concerning Israel and Palestine, it is not my view but rather I am trying to look at it from The Organization of Free Nations's point of view

3. The next chapter will be released on May 05, 2024 (Sunday).  

4. I will be releasing a proper dossier for the Continent of Yashmin and yes I politically consolidated the nations while the interior is not yet fully claimed I am still working on the distribution. 

Author's Comments

1. Kinda dark to end the chapter with literal brainwashing and a speech commemorating the Federation's democracy. I always have that segment in mind. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270 0 18
Welcome to the UNSS. A solar system home to the human race inhabiting each of the 25 planet nations. This human race resides in a galaxy far from our...
8 0 8
This first appeared as an epub book for two e publishing platforms. Originally for 99 cents, but currently (at least where it was possible) for free...
1.1K 8 41
War engulfs many planets that stretch around an entire solar system. Families get torn apart, people become slaves, children are given weapons and de...
265 53 33
In the near future, humans discover that the Earth is NOT the only inhabited planet. and that happens by a visit from the space, the UPO (the United...