Seeing Through their Eyes- Oa...

By lolareadsgoodthings

โš ๏ธCover by @Dovesong_WC! Check her out!โš ๏ธ "I stared at him; my mouth hung open. He wanted us dead!" Slimepaw... More

Before You Read:
Allegiances
Prologue
๐“’๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“น๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป 1
She-cat Apprentices [EDITED]
Living in Dangerous Waters (Slimepaw's POV) [EDITED]
Conscience Probed (Pinestar's POV, Part 1) [EDITED]
Conscience Probed (Pinestar's POV, Part 2) [EDITED]
Light in the Dark (Slimepaw's POV) [EDITED]
Traitors in our Midst [EDITED]
Blood Spilled (Slimpaw's POV) [EDITED]
A Second Chance (Pinestar's POV) [EDITED]
The Consequences of Betrayal [EDITED]
A New Generation (Slimefoot's POV) [EDITED]
Reborn (Smallpaw's POV) [EDITED]
Exilement and Escape [EDITED]
Loss of a Friend (Slimefoot's POV) [EDITED]
Troubles of this Life (Smallpaw's POV) [EDITED]
The Ways of Clan [EDITED]
Uncertainty as Dark as a Starless Night (Slimefoot's POV) [EDITED]
Potential Wasted (Smallpaw's POV) [EDITED]
Starclan's Plea [EDITED]
Slimefoot's Agony (Slimefoot's POV) [EDITED]
Loss (Smallpaw's POV)
No Escape (Slimefoot's POV)
Helplessness (Smallpaw's POV)
Giving In
Deep, Deep, Hatred (Slimefoot's POV)
I'm Sorry...
Lost (Smallpaw's POV)
Peaceful Sleep
The Needed Courage (Slimefoot's POV)
Unknown Powers (Smallpaw's POV)
Epilogue

Stuck in your Dreams

40 4 16
By lolareadsgoodthings

Leopardstream let out a deep sigh of relief and turned to Owlstar. "Thanks for protecting us, Owlstar," she said gratefully. "You're a true hero!"

Owlstar remained stiff and formal, but his tone softened a bit. "It's not a problem," he replied. "That Bramblestar gives me a headache anyway."

Pebblepaw began grooming herself. "Hey, we never did go hunting. Why don't we go now?" she suggested.

"That's a good idea," Leopardstream agreed.

"Sorry, I can't join you right now, but I'll tell Ivyleg to put you on hunting patrol," Owlstar said apologetically.

With that, Owlstar walked away, his head held high.

"After that, I'm gonna take a nap," Pebblepaw mewed as they padded toward Ivyleg. "The sleep I had was hardly restful."

As Ivyleg assigned Sunhigh patrols, she said, "Pebblepaw, Leopardstream, and Antfur can go on hunting patrol."

"Antfur?" Leopardstream exclaimed before she could stop herself. 

"Yes, Antfur," Ivyleg said absently, continuing to assign patrols.

The three cats glared at each other. 

"At least we agree on one thing," Leopardstream grumbled. "We hate going on patrols together."

"Just get out of my way," Antfur rumbled. "You guys can go catch butterflies or something."

"Catch butterflies?" Pebblepaw repeated incredulously.

"I'll show him butterflies," Leopardstream growled indignantly as they padded away together.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"We had a bountiful patrol," Pebblepaw reported as she dropped several pieces of prey on the fresh-kill pile.

"Great!" Goosenose purred. "Get some rest, then we'll do some battle training."

"Sounds good," Pebblepaw agreed. She walked to her nest, where the other new apprentices were sharing tongues.

"Hey, Pebblepaw!" Shadowpaw said good-naturedly. "How's training? I caught a vole and a mouse!"

"That's awesome, Shadowpaw," Pebblepaw said. "What about you guys?"

"I learned some battle moves with Waterpaw," Peridotpaw announced.

Waterpaw nodded, obviously proud of himself.

"I went on a border patrol," Thunderpaw mewed. "I saw some Cloudclan cats!"

"That's great, all of you," I said as I yawned. "I'm going to get some rest."

"Okay!" they all said in unison.

I curled up on the moss and closed my eyes.

"So."

Pebblepaw's heart raced. No, this time she was dreaming. She had to be! 

"I did everything you asked of me."

Pebblepaw tried to adjust to the darkness, but it was like she was blind. 

"So you did. The fool will fall for it, obviously. He's been groping for a sign from Starclan for so long, he'll accept it without a question."

"I can't argue with that. Bramblestar is a fool."

"I'm glad you see it. Anyway, today I have brought a guest."

"A guest?" Muckpelt's voice sounded fearful.

"She will be my soldier in Lizardclan."

"Isn't Owlstar your soldier in Lizardclan?"

The tom's laughter rang through the air, high and cold. "That fool? He'll never be of any real use to me. Now, I shall reveal who my new recruit is."

Pebblepaw's eyes were opened.

She was standing in an enclosed space. Two legs roamed around her, but something was off. Their eyes were red and glowing, and, to her horror, she spotted one of them beating a cat. She was in a den, but she was enclosed with shiny sticks instead of brambles and vines. They wouldn't budge when she tried to get out.

Pebblepaw's heart started to race again. At any moment, a two-leg would grab her and beat her too!

"Like it?"

Pebblepaw whipped around and saw a... tortoiseshell?

The tom laughed. "Rare, aren't I? Alas, I could never have kits while I was alive. You can have too many good things."

"Who are you?" Pebblepaw asked.

Ignoring her question, the tom continued, "This place takes the shape of whatever you fear most. Of course, for me, it takes the shape of what I love. I see many cats before me, some next to me, all worshipping me."

He seemed to pluck something from the ground, but she couldn't see what. 

"So, will you serve me the easy way?" the Tortie asked.

"I'm not gonna serve you!" Pebblepaw spat. "You want to take over Starclan!"

"You're too late to stop me," he laughed. "I already have the power to kill off entire clans."

"What?" Pebblepaw gasped. "H-how?"

"Does it matter?" the tom sneered. "Now, will you serve me, or will I have to remove... hmm... you seem endeared to Waterpaw, yes?"

Pebblepaw decided in a split second. It would be the hardest decision in her entire life. It would require so much of her, but she had to.

"No," she said firmly. "I don't like Waterpaw."

Muckpelt, the solid brown cat, looked at her quizzically.

The tom glared at her as if trying to decide whether she was lying. "You seemed to like him before you went to sleep. Besides, if you don't like him, I could just kill off Thunderpaw, Peridotpaw, or Shadowpaw."

"I... I don't like them either," said Pebblepaw.

"Liar!" the tom hissed

"I'm not!" Pebblepaw insisted. "They're so annoying! It was my idea to go to Lizardclan, but they're just saying stuff like, 'I caught a vole, blah blah blah'. I hate them!"

"Then I'll get Leopardstream!"

"Well, she killed someone. I hate her for that. How do I know she won't kill me in my sleep? She's unpredictable, and a show-off, and why did she get her warrior name anyway? She needs training too! She just struts around camp all day or just on patrols to show she isn't an apprentice! She torments me! So does Waterpaw, Thunderpaw, Peridotpaw, and Waterpaw!"

The Tortie smirked. "I still have ways of punishing you if you don't cooperate. Would you like to test me?"

Pebblepaw puffed up, making herself look bigger. "I won't help you destroy Starclan."

The tom laughed. "Alright, have it your way. And I'll be watching you. Any signs of love for those cats..." He unsheathed his claws and swiped the air.

Pebblepaw woke up with a start. Sweat was dripping down like a waterfall, and her body was trembling like an earthquake. Her mind was racing with fear and confusion. She couldn't believe what had happened.

She hadn't said she would obey the tom. What would happen now? She felt like her world was falling apart. As she looked around her den, she realized that everything had changed. She couldn't trust anyone anymore.

"Hey, Pebblepaw!" Leopardstream mewed. "Are you okay?"

Pebblepaw opened her mouth to answer her friend, but then realized that they couldn't be friends anymore. She felt like a dog claw had been driven into her heart. She had to push everyone away now. It was too dangerous to trust anyone.

"It's- it's none of your business," Pebblepaw said, her voice cracking. She felt like she was choking on a hard piece of prey.

Looking hurt, Leopardstream said, "What do you mean? You've always talked to me about things that scare you!"

Pebblepaw wanted to yowl in grief. Her heart was breaking as she let go of her best friend. "You were the only one I could talk to. But I've got better cats now. So leave me alone!" She knew it wasn't true, but she had to convince herself that it was. She couldn't bear the thought of losing anyone else.

Pebblepaw trudged out of the den, her paws heavy with grief. She made her way to the fresh-kill pile, but the sight of the food made her stomach churn. The pain of losing her best friend was still fresh, and it felt like a part of her had been ripped away. With a heavy heart, she knew she had to break the same news to Thunderpaw, Shadowpaw, Waterpaw, and Peridotpaw. The thought of it made her feel even more alone and lost. She was tired, heartbroken, and had no one to turn to. To make matters worse, she was compelled to obey the tom who sought to destroy Starclan. She felt helpless and trapped, wondering what she could do to make things right.

Poor Pebblepaw! What should she do? Also I made the tom a tortoiseshell so he can be full of himself :P

Credits to: WordPress.com on Pinterest

This was da evil tom when he was a baby :0

Also yes, the cat in the picture is a male

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

795 54 22
Bad things happen to good cats. Unfortunately, this is true. All Hollystripe ever wanted was a peaceful and easy life but of course that cannot happ...
20.9K 750 35
"A different path, a different future. Turn back the time to light the way. Hope remains for redemption." ThunderClan is no more. Bluestar is dead, a...
3.8K 391 33
2023 EDIT: This was my first proper book on here, and is quite cringy and badly-written, so please don't judge all too much! ^^' ~ Now, many g...
333 56 30
Leopardwillow has always wanted an apprentice from the moment she was an apprentice herself to the moment she became a warrior... There was one excep...