The Waitress (GxG)

By gorillagroddshelmet

When working at a failing high end restaurant in New York, Mariah Breaux knows every corner about scraping by... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59

25

3.6K 111 5
By gorillagroddshelmet

                                 NOVAS POV

I stood in the middle of the middle of the floor completely confused about what just went down.
She felt distant.

"Girlfriend problems, that was an extremely hard watch," Noah said sitting on the island, eating some chips.

"She's not my girlfriend, and there was no problem, everything was fine." I told him, but it sounded like I was trying to convince myself.

What was the problem exactly?

"That didn't seem fine to me Ms. Lover girl, you looked and sounded desperate," He said, swinging his feet.

"Being concerned isn't being desperate, what are you talking about?" I say slightly raising my tone.

"So you admit that you were worried, good to know," He said, holding a chip up and analyzing it.

"Noah, leave me alone." I said walking towards my room until I heard the elevator ding open.

"I just want you to accept and come to terms with your feelings, Nova!" He called out.

I keep my eyes locked on the elevator wondering who's going to come out, I hope it wasn't my dad after what Noah said just now.

I'd be in huge trouble if he heard that.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding when I saw my mom step out of the elevator.

"What feelings are the great Casanova needing help coming to terms with?" She said teasingly walking toward me.

"The feelings for her new found girlfriend, she won't admit that she's worried about her. "Noah said hopping off of the island.

Great, now my moms in on it.

"What happened baby?" My mom asked, grabbing my face.

"Nothing," I said furrowing my brows.

I honestly didn't want to discuss this.

Only if it was with Mariah herself.

"I'll tell you mom, it's okay, so-" Noah said, and as soon as he started to give her the rundown on the situation I tuned him out, I needed time to think.

Was she mad about the kiss?

I'm not understanding what changed, I thought everything was fine.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when my mom suddenly pulled me in for a hug.

"It's okay Nova." She soothed. I squinted my eyes and shot a look toward Noah who silently laughed.

"You two need to get changed, we're going on a little family outing today, your father is waiting downstairs." My mom said pulling away.

Today just got 3 times worse.

The car ride in the black SUV was extremely boring.

Majority of it consisted of my dad discussing mafia business with Noah and I, but that was the last thing on my mind.

Which was horrible, because it could never be anywhere but first on my list of priorities.

But ever since I met Mariah, she's been first.

"–Nova." my dad suddenly spoke.

"Yes?" I quickly responded, trying to cover up the fact that I was zoned out.

"Did you hear what I said?" my dad asked, and I just stared at him blankly.

I was caught.

A sigh left my dads lips before he began speaking again, "I was saying that I needed to speak with you one on one when we get to where we're going."

"Where are we going? Noah asked.

"Ask your mom."

Noah and I glanced over to our mom who had a smile plastered on her face, and then it clicked.

We were going to the mall.

And Noah seemed to realize that as soon as I did,
"No..." Noah said, putting his hands on his face.

"Prepare yourselves because that's what you're doing for the next 2 hours." My dad said with a smirk on his face.

When Noah and I were younger, we hated going to the mall. Mostly because we would hang out with our dad at this special place for when he did his mafia stuff.

That place had almost everything a kid could dream of, it was like our house, but made for us specifically.

There were a ton of toys, games, and activities you could do. Noah and I never wanted to leave.

But our mom didn't want us involved with any mafia stuff at a young age, so when our dad was going to take us so he could handle business, she took the opportunity to take us to the mall instead.

I glanced toward the huge building and internally sighed.

The car came to a stop and Noah and my mom began getting out. As I began sliding across the seat my dad spoke, "I said we were having one on one time, me and you are going to the casino instead, we have business matters to discuss."

I nodded my head and slid back into my original position as the car door shut.

The casino wasn't too far from the mall, I know because that's where all the "business matters" are discussed.

I basically knew that casino like the back of my hand.

When we arrived, my dad and I got out of the car and went through the back as usual. We walked across the patterned carpet floor until we approached the familiar room.

My dad pushed the door open to the dimly lit poker room that we always used. The room was crowded with different members of the mafia, who all shot me a nod when I walked in the room.

We made our way toward the red cushioned booth in the corner and sat down.

"Can I get you two started off with any drinks?" the waiter came over and asked.

"I'll have a martini thank you." My dad said.

I shook my head at the waiter and kept my gaze on my dad, urging him to discuss what we were truly here for.

We sat in silence for what felt like eternity until he spoke.

"You made a mistake Nova,"

I stared at him blankly waiting for him to continue.

"I have received intel about the threat at the party from Zane." He said flatly.

Threat at the party...?

I stared at him blankly until it all came flooding back, "What happened?" I asked, remembering who he was referring to.

"You didn't kill him." He said, and I couldn't help but fight the urge to roll my eyes.

We went over this conversation before, I didn't know sparing someone's life would cause me this much trouble. 

It genuinely wasn't that big of a deal. 

"I'm aware, I thought we went over this." I said furrowing my brows. I thought I got bashed enough about it already.

"You know why this is a bigger problem now than it was Nova?" He asked slightly, raising his voice."Because he's a part of the Phantoms, Casanova." He added taking a deep breath before dropping his angry tone completely.

I took a second to process the information, trying to mentally decide how bad this could be.

"This could lead to a potential war." He said blankly, it was scary how emotionless he sounded, like he knew this was going to happen.

"How?" No way they were actually starting a war because he punched me.

Seriously?

My dad paused as the waiter put the drink he ordered down in front of him.

He then waited for him to be far away enough, for what I assumed was going to be the next piece of information he'd be telling me.

"Everyone in the club was well aware that you were about to pull your gun out, the way the situation was handled was poor, you letting him live gave him the opportunity to run back and tell everyone about it, making you an automatic target." My dad thoroughly explained.

"So what are we supposed to do?" I asked because right now It seemed like he was only telling me this to highlight the fact that I went off his course.

"Everything you do from this point on should be discreet to prevent any unwanted attention from being on you before the big day. But It's too late to do anything that won't create collateral damage,"  He added taking a sip of the drink.

"We'd been on the cusp of a war with them for a while now I'm not understanding," I added because this whole predicament was not because of me.

"They could know," He said, setting the glass back on the table.

And I immediately knew what he was referring to, and that was me becoming the leader in 2 weeks.

"How could they know? It was only announced within the mafia, how did word get out?" I asked.
There was no possible way for anyone untrusted to know about what's being planned.

"No idea, but it's obvious that your head isn't in the game Nova." He shrugged, glancing up at me, and I sighed in irritation.

"Dad-"

"I'm not stupid Nova," He said firmly, cutting me off. "I had a lot of responsibilities and slip ups when I first got with your mom and some could have been fatal if I didn't have something to fall back on."

I clenched my jaw trying to keep everything I had to say inside of me.

"So whatever idea that girl put in your head you need to drop it, and fast." he said tightly.

"Yeah, cause it's fine when you do it but not when it's me or Donovan, got it." I said blankly as irritation grew in me.

"You can't do both Nova."

How was he going to sit here and tell me what I could and couldn't do with my life?

I've done everything he's ever asked, and I couldn't have this one thing?

"Yes I can." I said forcefully rising from the booth.

"No you can't-"

"I can and will do both," I said flatly, walking away from the booth. "Because at the end of the day, I'd rather have her than this responsibility." I called out, exiting the poker room completely.

I was for sure going to regret doing that later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 2.9K 24
Fate works in mysterious ways. Sometimes the stranger you saved turns out to be the love of your life. Read for more 18+ Mature (smut)(abuse)(traum...
20.8K 995 20
𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝘀 𝗻𝗼 𝗯𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱𝘀...𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸... 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆...
694K 30.8K 33
Zora was was finally an adult, she was going to take over her mother's company. The mafia princess worked right under her mother's wing when she made...
11.6K 241 18
Mia is a 18 year old girl. She's in her senior year of highschool and her dad is a mafia boss! Although her father is a cruel heartless man he has th...