May Soul Dissonance Bow Befor...

Galing kay QueenSpiderRider_QSR

Dissonance. Defined as a lack of harmony among or between people or things. It can be reduced by changing ex... Higit pa

Author's Note & Character List
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178

Chapter 81

783 55 11
Galing kay QueenSpiderRider_QSR

Grigori and Naur kindly gave everyone the chance to settle down after that resounding revelation was made on the Palantír.

Eruhaben looked toward Cale who stopped in front of a desk and was looking around before continuing to speak.
“That is why we came here to look for records about him. He should have left traces throughout the Eastern and Western continents during his reincarnations.”

The Palantír continued showing TCF!Bud’s dilemma about how much information was stored in each book as well as how the records in the Directory were put together and what they contained. TCF!Bud was saying that it would take years for them to find anything even remotely useful, but Cale wasn't giving him a straight answer and that was beginning to annoy the TBOAH!World who thought Cale wasn't taking this matter seriously enough.

“…Around two hundred years might be doable, but a thousand years is just-”
“Bud.” Someone cut him off. It was Cale.
“Where is the first-ever record?”
“Haaaaaaaaa.” Bud sighed at Cale who seemed ready to start looking from the first-ever record. He quickly walked over to Cale.
“Cale, are you planning on spending the next few years in here? Hmm?” Bud was getting frustrated. He didn’t understand why such a smart person would pick such a method.
“I’m sure it will be helpful to look up his past since the White Star is a reincarnator. However, there are 1,000 years worth of records.”

TBOAH!Bud and TBOAH!Glenn stiffened and felt their jaws drop open.
“There's no way, right?! No way…”
“Crazy… there's no way he can be alright…”
They were muttering and quietly losing their minds' as the Palantír went on and blatantly ignored their crisis.

Cale picked up the book that Bud pulled out and turned the pages. The pages that were stiff like new books thanks to the preservation magic quickly turned one by one. Bud who was watching this could not help but speak again.
“Cale Henituse, this-”
“It’s fine for me.”
Bud flinched. He was not the only one. The rest of the group who were busy looking around at the area focused on Cale.

All curiosity about Cale's ability revived itself in everyone, and the audience of the Goddess' Hall fell silent in anticipation.
“Cale-nim…” TCF!Choi Han started.
“This was fine, didn't we all work together as well?” Cale calmly reminded them, offering TCF!Choi Han a small smile of understanding. TCF!Choi Han pondered for a moment and then nodded slowly recalling how Cale had given in and accepted their help to do the reading. 

Bud asked the calm Cale a question. “…What?”
‘What did he just say? He is capable of doing what I just talked about? But how? I don’t smell such an ability on him.’
Bud looked at Cale smile as Cale stopped looking at the book and turned back toward him.
“First, one week.”
Cale did not plan on staying here for a long time either.
“I will find the first within that time.”

“This… it can’t be—” 
“Young Master Cale is a man of his word!” TCF!Bud declared firmly, without any trace of the usual playfulness or the mischief he usually displays. TCF!Bud is serious and the look in his eyes sends an icy shiver down his counterpart's spine. TBOAH!Bud grits his teeth and frowned deeply, in an instant all the proud words he'd been sprouting and all the faux confidence he'd had in the Mercenaries Guild and the Directory moments ago came to mind and was replaced my anxiety. A stray thought took root in his mind.

Just like how it had been mentioned earlier… would he have been able to evade the White Star in their TBOAH!World timeline safely, if someone had not betrayed him from the guild.
"Highly unlikely... There must have definitely have been spies among the Mercenaries who sided with Arm..."

Perhaps if he hadn't had such blind faith in them all, maybe TBOAH!Glenn might not have died in that horrific way back then. TBOAH!Bud turned pale, and nausea rolled in his gut.
“Dammit…” he cursed under his breath, clamping a hand over his mouth and trying to push away the urge to vomit at the memories of his best friend's end, even his own end hadn't affected him as much. With his mind in complete chaos right now, TBOAH!Bud couldn’t think of who it might have been that betrayed him.

The strong individual he believed to be the first incarnation of the White Star. If he finds that person’s birth and death, then he just needed to look for the next information based on the time of death. Cale’s group knew about the White Star’s Dragon Slayer powers and ancient powers. Of course, Bud did not know the details because none of them had told him yet. Cale’s group had a decent amount of knowledge on the White Star’s powers. That was why it was possible to find the first incarnation.

“How did you know about his powers?” TBOAH!Rosalyn asked. She was not the only one who was curious about this, it was because until the latter battles in the war, White Star did not make any appearances the way he did in the TCF!World – the difference between it was unnerving and she felt it was also very unfair to TBOAH!Choi Han who had no prior knowledge of the ‘final boss’ until he was practically pitted against him near the end of the war.

“It's because we'd fought him plenty times by now, that's how we knew about his powers.”
“But… there's something I don't get…” TBOAH!Alberu responded immediately after his counterpart answered TBOAH!Rosalyn's question.
“What is it?” TCF!Alberu asked calmly, motioning for his counterpart to continue and elaborate on what was troubling him.
“Why?” TBOAH!Alberu asked, frowning with an expression that was both full of anger and grief. “Why have you guys already been fighting him so early in the war. Why do you know so much about him already?”
“Was it included in the guidebook?” TBOAH!Zed suddenly asked, and several faces lit up with envious hope – that hope was quickly snuffed out by Cale's firm response.

“The guide I read only covered until the Henituse War.”
“There was also no mention of who the ‘secret organization’ was or what their goal was.” Kim Rok Soo spoke up to support Cale's rebuttal.
“Also, no mention of White Radish was made at all in the guide either.” Cale added.
“So you also came to this world not having any idea that he existed.” TBOAH!Choi Han asked, his voice sounding strained and tense.
“Yes.”  Cale's reply was blunt and completely lacking any trace of emotion.

“…How? How will you find the first incarnation?”
Cale chuckled while looking at Bud who was standing there with a blank expression on his face. It was similar to the expressions people had when Kim Rok Soo had first awakened.

Kill or be killed. Live or let live. The war between monsters and humans. The war between humans and humans. It was a world full of destruction because of all of that.

“What does this really mean?” TBOAH!Choi Han asked, his voice shaking for a different reason now. TCF!Choi Han felt bad for his counterpart, and Cale and Rok Soo took a moment to share a look before Cale sighed heavily and shook his head.
“Keep watching, you'll know about it soon… but to explain it briefly. The world is quite different from the one you were taken from. There was an apocalypse… Monsters appeared…” Cale looked toward Rok Soo and then gestured toward him.
“He can explain the rest of it to you later… so just ask him.” He announced, passing the baton over to Rok Soo.

Kim Rok Soo had been determined to have awakened an ability that was useless in such a world, an ability that would only help him in a peaceful world. However, that power allowed Kim Rok Soo to keep living without dying.

“Such an ability certainly did save our life many times!” Rok Soo nodded agreeing to the thoughts of Cale on the Palantír, even though he was still a little peeved that Cale had just told TBOAH!Choi Han to seek Rok Soo out later in order to find out what happened to Korea during his absence.

He confidently answered the confused Bud’s question.
“Take a look.” He then asked. “Where is it?
Bud stood there quietly for a while before pointing to a location. “The innermost shelf. The first book on the bottom left.”
Cale walked toward the location Bud had pointed out.
“That book is the first record.”
He heard Bud’s voice coming from behind him as he pulled out the first book from the bookshelf. He then started to turn the pages.

The sound of papers turning were heard all around the hall. It was a strangely relaxing and pleasant sound that, for reasons unknown, made everyone feel a little out of sorts and calm.
“What is up with this? Why is he acting like that?” TBOAH!Rex questioned apprehensively as he watched the records apprehensively.

Only the sound of pages turning could be heard. Cale just stood there reading.
“…Ho.” Bud let out a gasp at Cale’s actions. However, he made eye contact with the others before walking toward the innermost bookshelf as well. He needed to help Cale. He couldn’t just stand there and do nothing. However, the group of people heading toward Cale had to stop.
Bud was the first to stop. Next were Eruhaben, Choi Han, Ron, and Beacrox. Even the children averaging nine-years-old flinched.

That sound soon became even more distracting to everyone as it was hear again. But no one commented or tried to refute that the sound made all them desire to read comfortably and hide from the rest of the busy world.

They just heard the sound of pages turning. That was why they felt that something was off. It was quiet around Cale. He was just quietly turning the pages. That was the weird part. Bud had no choice but to ask.
“…What is up with his speed?”

The Palantír continued to play the record showing Cale's ability – however it was not a cause for a celebration or excitement. Everyone was currently being mesmerized by Cale's action of leisurely reading the book in his hands without saying another word.

At first, it didn’t seem very odd. Cale was turning pages at a reasonable pace.
‘…It was as if he was reading a novel.’
Bud then realized that it had been weird from the beginning.

The sound of turning pages were beginning to speed up.

Cale was slowly turning the pages faster and faster. It seemed as if he was just taking a peek before turning the page. Bud even had this kind of thought.
‘Is he not thoroughly going through and remembering the details about each strong individual? Is he just quickly skimming through?’
However, the feeling Cale was giving off did not seem that way. He seemed to be thoroughly reading.

His level of concentration and focus on the book in his hands was startling for everyone once again. And they began to feel chills even though they didn't understand what exactly Cale intended to do with all that knowledge he was busy ‘recording’.

“Cale.”
Cale raised his head after hearing someone calling his name. The ancient Dragon observed Cale’s eyes with an odd expression on his face. Cale’s expression was same, but his eyes felt cold. The ancient Dragon could not ask many questions. He used his memory of everything Cale had done as the basis to ask.
“You’re remembering all of it, right?”
‘You’re not just skimming it, you actually remember the information, right?’
Cale answered the ancient Dragon’s question. “Of course.”
Cale answered in his usual nonchalant way before resuming reading. His reddish brown eyes looked at the text inside the book.

“Come on… this has to be some kind of joke, right? I mean, there's no way—”
“Bud, if you still have your doubts when over this – especially about this – we can discuss it then, but for now keep watching!” Grigori urged him and everyone else with an excited tone. She redirected all their attention back to the Palantír just as it began again.

He turned a page. The information on the page became recorded in his mind. The speed continued to increase. Bud could only quietly watch Cale.
‘…What a scary ability.’

“It truly is such a terrible power,” TBOAH!Bud admits to himself with a frown of suspicion and a barely audible mutter.

He really thought that this ability was scary. It was different than the fancy magic, destructive aura, and even the different types of ancient powers. This ability was something that was not visible. It was so unnoticeable that you would not even realize that he was using an ability if you did not look closely. It was not an ability that could kill someone, but Bud thought that this ability was really the one that would make it easy to kill or control someone.

“Truly something like that could definitely get you killed,” However, Cale was only interested in the Dragons gently gathering around him. He let them do as they pleased – which now included joining the tables so that their group of Dragons from both timelines could comfortably sit together and snack on the light refreshments laid across the tables.

Everything would be recorded in the user’s mind. Bud could only gulp and watch. However, he soon heard someone walking.
“Cale-nim.”
Cale raised his head after hearing the cautious calling. Choi Han was looking at him.
“What is it?”
“I wish to help.” Choi Han smiled awkwardly at Cale who was looking at him and continued to speak. “Of course, I am a slow reader and my memory is not that good, but I thought I could still help.”

Cale recalled some memories of his past.

Eagerly, like children waking up on their birthdays, everyone sat up straight and attentive in their seats. They were all so hungry for more information about the original Kim Rok Soo that they couldn’t contain their anticipation at the thought of hearing more about it. Even if the memories Cale recalled were somewhat painful and invoked a sense of resentment that he had had such a difficult life before he had left that life behind and accepted the happiness of his new life in their world.

‘Team leader-nim, shall I help?’
‘Isn’t it time to go home?’
‘Nah, it’s okay.’
‘Like hell it’s okay. Isn’t your kid waiting for you at home? Go home.’
‘But…’
‘It’s fastest and most accurate for me to do it. You don’t need to do this part.’
He moved the conversation he had with one of his subordinates to a corner of his mind as he raised his hand.

He then pointed to the second bookshelf.
“I think it would be good to look through there.”
It was rare for Cale to not give detailed orders. However, Choi Han smiled and walked over to the second bookshelf. Eruhaben and Beacrox followed behind him. Ron stood next to Cale and just looked at him.
Ron’s gaze made Cale subconsciously start to speak.

“…What is it? Are you shocked that I have an ability like this?”
Cale closed his mouth after saying that. He was thinking that he said something he should not have said.
He heard Ron responding to him. “Well, I’m sure you just hid it, young master-nim.”

“Ahhh,” Cale hummed with an awkward frown he now leaned forward slightly on order to look around TCF!Eruhaben and TCF!Mila, who were tightly flanking him between themselves.
“I just wanted to say... sorry about that, Ron.”  Cale said, peeking at TCF!Ron timidly. TCF!Ron pressed his lips into a thin line and then nodded and offered Cale a silently benign smile that made Cale's blood run cold before he turned away again and focused back on the record.

Ron had a benign smile on his face as he continued to speak. “It’s not like you told us how you gathered all of those ancient powers either.”
The shield, the fiery thunderbolt, the Super Rock, etc. Cale had never explained to the group how he had gained all of these ancient powers. He always just disappeared before returning with an extra ancient power. Cale had a random thought that it would be frustrating to have a group member like himself. The old man continued to speak as Cale found it even harder to say anything after having that thought.

Cale flushed slightly, feeling even more awkward and somewhat embarrassed by his thoughts that were being mercilessly shown here on Grigori's Palantír now. He really wished that she'd redact certain parts to sparebhim the embarrassment.

“Looking at the books like the others is not my task.” Ron continued to speak to the twenty years old Cale who was quietly looking at him. “I am your servant, young master-nim. Tending to your needs by your side is my role.”
Ron then just quietly stood next to Cale. Cale quietly looked at Ron for a moment before turning back to the book.
“…I guess that is your role.”
Cale also realized what his role was as well.

Pages were turning again – Cale, once again, had his full attention on the book in his hands.  

He was quickly turning pages as he heard another voice.
“I, the great and mighty Raon Miru can read quickly! My memory is good as well! I am smart, great, and mighty! That is why I will do it too!”
“…I…I learned how to read from Hans and grandpa Ron! I’m going to do it too!”
“I’m already reading one!”
“Noona, you really are amazing!”
Cale chuckled while listening to the children averaging nine-years-old.

“Aww! They’re so adorable! Aren't  they the cutest?” TBOAH!Tasha and TCF!Tasha were cooing again and affectionately asked Kim Rok Soo, who they caught staring at them, he'd been confused to see them gushing so fanatically about the cuteness of the young Dragon. Rok Soo nodded in answer to their question anyways because the cuteness levels of Cale's children were on lethal levels.  

However, the large records library soon became quiet. Only the sound of pages being turned could be heard. Cale then heard Beacrox ask a question.
“What exactly are we looking for?”
Cale thought about the White Star.
“Gather any record on strong individuals who use the Dragon Slayer’s powers or ancient powers.”
A response came from someone else. “Is that power the Dragon Slayer’s power?” It was Bud. He touched his nose as he walked over to the second bookshelf.

“The White Star had a unique scent along with the scent of ancient powers. Then I should help as well.” Bud thought about the information he gathered on the White Star through his scent and turned a page. However, there was a unique sound through the process. It was the sound of pages turning extremely quickly. Bud imagined Cale becoming a living record as he focused on reading the record in front of him.

“So that's what they meant when they said that Cale had become a ‘living record’.”
“That's correct!” Cale responded calmly.
Kim Rok Soo sighed and shook his head after adding what he knew about White Star's Ancient Powers.

Thereafter, everyone was able to comfortably stare in Cale's general direction again until he had no choice but to explain the rest of the information about White Star's Ancient Powers in order to get them all to stop looking at him so expectantly. 

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

3.9K 565 59
The secondborn of the well-known tycoons and a masterwork beholden throughout her life. Kim Jangmi, a creation beyond its form and a destruction dres...
26.8K 1K 8
in which, cale henituse was a prettiest person to ever exist. forget dragon, even goddess of beauty will never beat him in terms of beauty. but how c...
2.1K 110 52
When Monarki found herself tied inside a dark castle dungeon, she merely thought that it was all just a product of her dream. But when knights appear...
5.8K 334 10
Choi Han woke up right next to the man that he once beat to a pulp. The last thing he remembered is fighting against the white star and now he was ly...