The Story of The First Forest

De KTeavana0017

The kind Slytherin Kaitlyn St. James mostly loves her life. She does fully love her best friends; Charlie Wea... Mai multe

Prologue
A Break Full of Surprises
Breaking the News
Starting New
Getting Accustomed
Break and Mrs. Forest
Two Years Later
Adulting
Finding Truth and Home
Another Day
Decisions
The Battle of Hogwarts
The Aftermath
Weasley C and Home
Epilogue

Back to the Burrow

3 0 0
De KTeavana0017

Sage and Nora hugged me tightly. They took me to the airport, I was finally visiting the Weasleys. My birthday was two days ago and Nora, Sage, and I had an all-nighter. I took my carry-on with me as I went to the gate.

"We love you!! Come back!!"

"Don't let them talk you into staying!!" I laughed but it was something that scared me. I hadn't seen these people in two years, would I be able to leave on time or would I want to leave early? I sat on the plane and sighed. I would soon see.

———

I appareated to the Borrow and looked around. I saw three people in the field but I chose to go to the door first. I walked up to the door and knocked. The door opened and a much older-looking Ginny tilted her head.

"Hello?" She asked. I sighed, disappointed.

"Hey, Ginny," I said. She looked around unsure. "My name is Kaitlyn, is Charlie or Bill home?" Her jaw dropped.

"KAIT!" She yelled hugging me. I embraced her tightly, thankful I was recognized. A loving face entered the living room.

"Kait?" They asked. Mrs. Weasley raised her arms and walked toward me. "Dear! How are you?" She asked hugging me tightly. Ginny ran out the door to the field.

"I've missed this," I muttered. She nodded and pulled away patting my cheek.

"Well, welcome back," she said softly. "Do come in, are you hungry? Oh, you must tell us all about your American school," she said handing me a much too large plate.

"I am actually," I said and started eating. She sat across from me with a sad smile.

"I'm assuming our letter didn't make it in time," she said. I wiped my mouth and tilted my head. "Charlie got a job offer and left immediately, just a few days ago," I set down my napkin and nodded.

"Oh," I muttered. She smiled weakly when three smiling faces ran into the kitchen. George and Fred ran right into me. They were tall and lanky like Mr. Weasley. "George! Fred!" I called, hugging them tightly. Ron walked up and stood next to me.

"Hello Kait," he said. I looked at him and almost cried. The twins let me go and I bent down to embrace Ron. He wrapped his small arms around my neck. It was hard to tell who Ron would be like but he was fairly tall. I held his arms and smiled at him.

"Ron, you're so much older," I said. He smiled.

"You too," I laughed as Mrs. Weasley scowled. "I'm sorry Charlie isn't here, I know he'd want to," he said. I smiled and stood straight.

"It's alright Ron," I looked at him and grinned. "Ron! You're going to Hogwarts, aren't you," I said smiling. He nodded. "And you two must be third years?" The twins nodded grinning. I turned to Ginny. "You ready to show them all up?" She nodded smirking.

"We knew you missed us," George said. It was a challenge to tell the twins apart but I could always do better than most. Luckily one day at Hogwarts Fred got a small scar on his hairline when I was watching them for Charlie and Bill as they were at Quidditch practice. It was almost an invisible difference but an advantage I had.

"I missed you guys," I confirmed .

"What's the Americans like?" Fred asked sitting next to me. George sat next to his twin and Ron and Ginny filled in the other side.

"They're wonderful, do you remember their names?" I asked. Fred raised his hand and jumped up and down. I laughed. "Yeah?" I asked. He cleared his throat.

"Nora and Sage," he said. George stood up and cleared his throat.

"May I?" He asked formally. Mrs. Weasley rolled her eyes. I nodded. He nodded to his sides and straightened an invisible tie.

"As well as Gavin, Mason, and Mrs. Isabelle," he said. I laughed.

"Mrs. Isabelle Forest was my teacher," I said laughing. I could tell Ron and Ginny were getting bored. "Why don't you two go play, I'll come play soon," Ginny smiled and ran off. Ron stood and hugged me before following.

"So, I hate to say start from me beginning but generally," Mrs. Weasley laughed. I nodded.

"At first, I just wanted to be back. It was almost miserable but then I met Sage and Nora and they were so amazing," I sighed. "And Mrs. Isabelle was my Charms teacher and the kindest teacher," I said smiling. "After the final semester of fifth year, she and her husband let me stay with them over break,"

"That's lovely," Mrs. Weasley said, smiling brightly. I nodded. After only knowing this woman for two years and only seeing her in person for a couple of weeks, I was surprised at the peace I felt with her.

"It really is, they are so great," I said. "But at the same time I've missed y'all so much," George and Fred laughed at my use of the Southern American slang. I laughed at how Nora rubbed off on me.

"Y'all!" The boys said together in an exaggerated accent. Their laughter made me smile brighter. Fred fell over and out of his chair. George laughed harder and folded over. Fred's arms reached up and pulled him down as well. Both of them lay on the floor laughing. Mrs. Weasley rolled her eyes smiling.

"Then?" She asked me. I looked up from the boys and smiled.

"Well, my wand was stolen recently," she tilted her head.

"How did you get here?" I lifted the copy of Isolt's wand.

"I lied. When I got there I said my original wand was broken," Mrs. Weasley looked slightly disappointed. "They told me to pick a wand which made me think of Olivander. She laughed off the idea of wand picking a witch but then this wand which isn't supposed to work broke from its case and hovered in front of me," she seemed puzzled. Her face scrunched like she was trying to piece together the puzzles. She shook her head and just smiled.

"If you like we can visit Olivander?" I nodded, thankful.

"I'd love that, thank you," she waved me off.

"You, Ginny, and I can when Mr. Weasley gets home," I nodded and sighed, looking at the food in front of me. Reminded of my hunger I started eating. The twins disappeared but I just shrugged it off. She updated me on many things while I ate. Some of them were just her worries. Would Ron make good friends? Would Ginny be okay being the only child at home? How was Bill doing in Egypt and Charlie in Romania? Would George and Fred finally take a year of school seriously?

I shook my head, knowing the twins wouldn't and they were almost right not to. She talked of money as well. The matter came up a few times but then she hit me with something I hadn't expected. "Did you hear of your mother's illness?" I shook my head my plate long finished. I didn't bother correcting her about her not being my mom.

"No, what's wrong?" Part of me was concerned, she was the one who tended my wounds and signed my wavers. She was the one to buy me clothes and take me to events so could make friends. I by no means loved her but I appreciate what she contributed to my life.

"No one quite knows, your father has been very secretive. They suspect it may be fatal," I looked down. "You know you could go visit?" She said. I thought about it.

"I don't know, I'll think about it," I said. She nodded and I noticed the light around us was almost gone.

"You best get to bed. Mr. Weasley is awfully late, we'll go to the ally tomorrow," she said standing. "I'm off to find the twins. Would you mind putting Ginny to bed, dear?" I shook my head standing as well.

"I'd love to, shall I remind Ron too?" She nodded as she opened to back door. I walked to the living room and saw Ron on an old broom just hovering while playing chess against no one. He looked up.

"Oh, Kait. Fancy a game of chess?" I shook my head smiling.

"Tomorrow maybe but now it's time for bed," he sighed dramatically and walked upstairs. I followed looking for Ginny. "Ron, where's Ginny's room?" He turned to look at me.

"Second farthest up," I nodded and kept walking up the stairs. He pointed to a door. "That one there," he kept going and I gently pushed open the door. I found the twins and Ginny laughing at something. I leaned against the doorframe.

"What's so funny?" I asked. They looked up shocked. I laughed. "Boys your mom is looking for you, better off to your room," the twins nodded and ran. I walked to Ginny's bed and sat next to her. She had on a bright grin.

"It's nice to have you back," she said, hugging my arm. I smiled and rested my head on hers.

"It's nice to be back," I said, shocked she even remembered or cared for me. She sighed.

"There are no girls around, Lovegood is the closest but she doesn't come out much," she mumbled. "And when the boys bring home friends they aren't girls either," she said. I sighed.

"I'm sorry Ginny. Maybe you go knock on the Lovegoods door and see if their daughter can play?" Ginny shrugged.

"Maybe but I don't think so. We're friendly but not that friendly," she scrunched her nose and we laughed.

"Alright well, your mom, you, and I are going to the ally tomorrow, you up for it?" She nodded.

"Of course, I'll go to sleep right now," I stood as she fumbled to get under her sheets. I laughed and waved my wand. Her jammy jams appeared on her and her clothes were put in her drawer. She paused under the covers and looked at me. "That felt odd," she said laughing. I smiled and walked to her head which rested on a dark red pillow.

"Goodnight, Ginny," I said, bending down to kiss her forehead.

"Goodnight Kaitlyn, and I'm sorry Charlie couldn't come," she muttered as her eyes fluttered shut. I frowned and walked to the door. Mrs. Weasley was smiling at me from the door. I walked to her and she led me to my room.

"You'll be in Charlie and Bill's room," she whispered and opened the door. It looked the same and I smiled remembering when he and I slept in the same bed.

"Thank you, Mrs. Weasley," I said. She nodded.

"Of course, dear, sleep well," she said, closing the door with a click. I stood silently and took out my luggage. I enlarged it and put it by Charlie's bed. I lay down and tears filled my eyes. I looked over at Bill's bed and noticed a note. I stood and walked over. I lifted it and saw Charlie's messy handwriting.

Kaitlyn, I am so sorry I'm missing you but I could let this opportunity go. I'm working with dragons in Romania! Hopefully, you still have a good visit. I love you and I see our future clearly.

-Weasley C

I waved my wand as tears fell. Muffilio. I started to sob with an ugly expression on my face. I stumbled back to his bed and fell. I grabbed one of the three pillows he kept on his bed and hugged it to me. His smell was still there. His cologne, the same he wore in fifth year. I sobbed for a long time. The one thing I went there for and he was gone.

——————

The smell of the store hit me first and then the old man walked from outside the back of the room. He grinned.

"I knew I'd see you again," he muttered. I couldn't be sure if he meant me or Mrs. Weasley.

"Hi Mr. Olivander," I said. He walked around the old counter and I hugged my old mentor. He grinned and patted my shoulders.

"Come for a wand?" He asked. I shrugged.

"If there's one calling. I actually need you to identify a wand for me. I tried but I couldn't recognize the core," he smiled and held out his hands. I placed my wand in his old calloused hands. He repeated the process with care and speed. He laughed.

"This is an intriguing wand," he said walking back around to the counter. I smiled and stepped up to the other side.

"Well?" I asked. He nodded.

"What did you deduce?" He asked first. I sighed.

"It's made of serpent seeder or snakewood, 11 1/3 inches, reasonably pliable, I didn't recognize the core. It had one alliance, me," he nodded.

"I got much of the same," he grinned up at me. "I taught you well," I smiled. "Let's see, it is snake wood, 11 1/3 inches, reasonably pliant, an alliance to you alone, and core from the horn of a horned serpent," he said. "Very rare, how did you acquire this wand?" He asked.

"It broke its casing when I was asked to select a wand," he raised an eyebrow.

"You got a new wand?" He asked, he wasn't hurt but curious. I sighed ashamed.

"I lied and said I broke it on the plane, I wanted a backup but then when it physically came to me, I knew I couldn't not use it," he nodded.

"Handling two wands is a wise decision," he said strongly. "You are most certainly strong enough for it but you no longer possess both?" I shook my head. Again feeling like a disappointment.

"It was stolen from my dorm at school but a member of The Wand Brothers," he nodded.

"Ah, a notable group. Disgusting but clever," I nodded.

"Very," I said. He nodded.

"Well, I suppose a backup wand is needed," he said, walking to the back. "Let's have a look," he looked for a while when he pulled two out. "One of these two, they seem to be calling," he said. I looked at the two. I picked up the simple black one, similar to Isolts. It had elaborate designs carved throughout its entirety. I waved it but a candle exploded. I set it back and he nodded wisely.

 I picked up the other. It was brown, old, and probably sat in the shop for a while. I waved it and the candle extinguished. I grinned and waved it again. The candle lit. A silly grin broke out on my face. He nodded.

"Perfect," he nodded.

"Would you like to do the honors?" He asked. I looked the wand over.

"11 1/2", ash, unicorn hair, reasonably pliant, an alliance to me?" I asked. He nodded.

"This one's alliance is special, its allies are those who hold your name," he said pointing at me. I turned it over in my hand.

"Mr. Olivander?" He nodded. "When I got my first wand when I was eleven, you told me my parent's wands. Who are my parents?" He looked at me squinting.

"I'm not positive it's for me to unveil," he said. I sighed.

"Sir, I'm of age and I want to know," he tilted his head.

"I will say only that the wand is loyal to the First Forest," I tilted my head but didn't ask.

"Thank you Mr. Olivander. One more thing, what is The Wand of the Fallen Wood?" He nodded.

"The Fallen Wood often refers to one of two things Ash wood as Ash is from a fallen thing or a wand that betrays its witch or wizard," he said, smiling softly. "And I promise, it is possible," I nodded and paused.

"It was so good to see you again," he walked around the counter and I hugged him again. I sighed in the embrace and then pulled away. "Thank you," he smiled and patted my arms.

"You are a talented witch and I hope you find your passion," I nodded and left as a young girl ran in with her parents. I smiled as she eagerly listened to Mr. Olivander. "Remember my dear, the wand chooses the witch," he winked at me as I walked out. I looked around and saw a head of red hair. I walked to it smiling.

——————

Sophia Ray and I laughed walking through Diagon Ally, with butter beers. She showed me a picture of her and Ace. It was quite adorable. It stung that Charlie wasn't here. I re-read his letter over twelve times. I arrived at the Borrow in late June and at that time it was August 1st. I was due back at Ilvamorny in September. Sage and Nora each sent me one letter saying they were very busy and probably wouldn't write again until I was back in the States.

"Oh! Come Kait, you must see," I ran with her to the pet shop.

"Awww, kneazles!" I said.

"And they're kittens!" She said. We stayed in the shop for a while playing with the kittens. Sophia Ray checked her watch and gasped. "Oh, I have to leave! I'm meeting Ace," she said, apologizing. I shook my head as a kitten jumped on my shoulder.

"Don't worry about it, I doubt Ace wants to see me so meet again tomorrow before I leave? I need to check my new wand in with Gringotts," She nodded as we walked out. I hugged her tightly.

"I'll see you soon," she muttered. I nodded and she walked off. I sighed and as I walked I zoned out. I had more here than I remembered but it felt like life moved around me.

"Oh," I bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry," I said turning. My eyes widened. "Hagrid!" I said. He looked at me for a moment then smiled.

"Oh! Kaitlyn, you've grown!" He said hugging me. I laughed, it was only two-ish years.

"I've graduated too, top of Ilvamorny," he raised his arms.

"Well that's lovely, what profession are ye looking into?" He asked and when he did I noticed a boy behind him.

"Quidditch coach and trainer as well as leading an extra credit class on wands at Ilvamorny," he smiled widely. I was relieved he didn't ask why I wasn't back to stay.

"That's marvelous! Oh, this here is Harry Potter," I recognize the name but pretend to not. I smiled and waved.

"Hello Harry, how are you?" He stepped out from behind Hagrid and smiled.

"I'm alright, are you-well a witch?" He asked. I nodded at the small boy.

"I am and I went to Hogwarts," I said, hoping to encourage him. He furrowed his brow.

"I thought you said you graduated from Ilvimourney?" He asked mispronouncing the name. I nodded.

"I did, my parents transferred me when I was a fifth year," I said. He nodded and Hagrid stepped in.

"Well, we'll be off to the bank," I nodded. "Where are you off to?" He asked.

"I just visited Sophia Ray and now I'm off to the Weasleys," he nodded.

"Ah, you two girls were always attached at the hip. I assume I won't be seeing you for a long time then," he said, tearing up. I smiled and hugged him again.

"I'm sorry Hagrid, I'll miss you," he nodded.

"You and Charlie, oh I've missed you two. The three of us talking about dragons," he looked up and choked. "Oh, look at the time. Harry and I must be off," he said.

"Bye Harry, bye Hagrid," they waved and I walked back to the Three Broomsticks so I could floo to the Weasleys. 

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

Dandelions De NMalfoy

Ficțiune generală

14.3K 373 57
Maya Bagnold is determined not to fall for her best friend, George Weasley. Who is she kidding? She has been madly in love with the ginger for years...
8.1K 233 23
This story follows Mackenzie Ziegler, and some of our beloved Dance Mom's girls, on their journey to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Will...
3.6K 81 79
Bill Weasley x OC 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ 。・:*:・゚★, Savannah Jarvis's brother Jacob Jarvis goes missing after looking for the cursed vaul...
114K 4K 47
Ad Infinitium = again and again in the same way; forever. Y/N Carter keeps to herself, or at least she did. Moving into her second year at Hogwarts...