But I Like You! | Taegyu ✓

By Taehyunnie22

What happens when a new family settles down in the house next to the Kang's? Kang Taehyun, a cheery and a bri... More

●Hello, My Name Is...●
●Housewarming●
●Snow Fights & Christmas Mornings●
●First Day of School●
●New School●
●Colorful Chalks & Black Roads●
●Taehyun's Birthday●
●Taehyun's Birthday Party●
●Planning of the Movie Night●
●Movie Nights & Sleepovers!●
●A New Pet!●
●A Walk With Blue!●
●Rains & Algebra●
●Ouch!●
●Arcades & Realizations●
●Sneak In●
●Cuddles●
●Trauma & Comfort●
●Trauma & Comfort (Pt.2)●
●Late Nights & Convenience Stores ●
●The Breaking Point●
●Lover●
●First Dates & First Kisses●
END-NOTE

⋆ BONUS ⋆

480 35 47
By Taehyunnie22

✩₊˚☾✧ Anniversary  ✩₊˚☾✧

Life sucks. 

It has been a long time since they had graduated high school. The couple was in their third year of University already. 

Due to the long distance between their University and homes, they had decided to live in an apartment together near the University. 

Yeonjun, Soobin and Kai study in the same University as them but they chose to live in their homes rather than living in an apartment away from their parents. But that idea was of no use, because the three mostly spent their nights in Taehyun and Beomgyu's apartment.

So much that the guest room of the apartment, belonged to the three, with full of their clothes and things. 

Tomorrow was their third year anniversary. Something that Taehyun and Beomgyu were anticipating for a very long time. 

Never they would've thought that they've reached so far in their love life. 

✿✿

"Gyu hyung, I'm home." Taehyun announced as he shut the main door behind him, placing his keys in the blue and pink ceramic bowl that they had customized together for their second year anniversary. 

Taehyun frowned when he saw the lights of the living room were off. Maybe Beomgyu wasn't home yet. He turned on his phone and tapped on the messages button where Beomgyu had informed that he was going to come home late because of a group project. 

Taehyun typed back a quick reply before going to their bathroom to take a shower. 

After taking a shower, Taehyun was drying his hair with a towel when he walked into the kitchen to get something to eat. He opened their refrigerator to find absolutely nothing in it. Well not really, the only thing they had were eggs and toast but he didn't feel like eating it. 

Now Taehyun was really regretting not going grocery shopping last week. 

But to his luck, he found two cups of instant ramen in the upper cabinets. He decided to make a cup of ramen for himself, leaving the other one for Beomgyu in case if he didn't eat out. 

Meanwhile when the water was boiling, Taehyun walked towards their living room to turn on the TV. When he was about to reach for the TV remote on the sofa, his eyes laid on a small white box. 

He picked it up and gasped when he realized what was it about. 

A fucking cigarette box. 

Which obviously didn't belong to him. And he doubts that the pack belongs to the trio, because as far as he knows, the three haven't visited their apartment for a week already. 

Which leaves to the one and only suspect. 

✿✿

Beomgyu yawned as he inserted the key in the keyhole, too tired to even stand up straight. 

He had such a long day today, and all he ever wanted was to sleep it all off while cuddling with his boyfriend, whom he was too excited to meet. 

But he doubts that Taehyun would be awake as it's currently eleven pm in the night. 

And his doubts were indeed, correct when he was welcomed with a dark living room. 

Oh well, he wasn't hungry anyways as his groupmates had decided to dine out for the evening so the only thing which was coming between him and his sleep was his shower, which he wanted to skip, but he didn't wanted to deal with a grumpy Taehyun in the morning when he would find out that Beomgyu had slept in the same bed without showering. 

So he quickly took a shower and got in the bed, besides Taehyun, whom he was surprised to see, was reading a book with the light lamp besides his side of the bed on. 

"Tyun? You haven't gone to bed yet?" Beomgyu asked, getting into their bed and pressing a kiss on Taehyun's temple. 

Taehyun just simply hummed before closing off his book and turning off the lamp, getting ready to go to bed. 

Beomgyu found it weird that Taehyun wasn't talking to him but he just figured out that Taehyun might have had a bad day so he let it go, just deciding to ask what was wrong in the morning. 

"Good night," Beomgyu muttered before pulling the covers above his head.

No reply. 

Okay, now something was really wrong. 

✿✿

Beomgyu was wrong. 

He had thought that Taehyun would've been back to normal the next morning, but to his dismay, Taehyun didn't even utter an single word ever since they had woken up. 

Today was their third year anniversary and Beomgyu wanted nothing but to have a sweet day with his boyfriend, but his mood dimmed down when he realized that he couldn't have that easily because Taehyun seemed to be a bit upset about something. 

"Happy anniversary, love!" Beomgyu greeted him as soon as the two met up in the kitchen when Taehyun was preparing their breakfast. 

"Happy anniversary, hyungie." Taehyun smiled, but Beomgyu could decipher a tinge of sadness in it. 

"What's wrong, love?" Beomgyu softly asked, sitting on the dining table, his eyes never leaving Taehyun. 

"Nothing's wrong. What do you mean?" Taehyun awkwardly laughed, and that was Beomgyu's sign to stop asking questions as Taehyun was starting to get a bit uncomfortable. 

He just hoped that Taehyun would tell him about this problem a bit sooner. He doesn't want him to suffer alone. 

"Hyung," Taehyun starts after what it seemed like hours of silence. "We have to go grocery shopping. There's practically nothing to eat." 

Beomgyu nodded, his mouth full of egg toast. "Okay." 

And just like that, the conversation died. 

This feels weird, and Beomgyu hates this. 

✿✿

It took them almost two hours to complete their grocery list. Just because, Beomgyu was being uncooperative and getting distracted by the smallest things. For example, he was analysing a pack full of carrots just because he thought that the color was a bit different. 

Sigh, Taehyun couldn't believe that he was madly in love with this guy. 

When they were back home, it was three pm in the afternoon. They decided that they would have a little movie date in their home at night as they were too tired to even go out somewhere. 

Well, that's the benefits when you and your partner are people who prefer staying at home. 

Taehyun was trying his best to let his mind wander off the thoughts of Beomgyu possibly smoking cigarettes. One thing about the younger was that he was very serious when it came to his or anyone of his loved one's health. 

But he wasn't even angry about the whole situation, he was just a bit (Read: a lot)  concerned about Beomgyu, because he knew that Beomgyu once smoked for the first time back in high-school, before he quit after his first hit because according to the older, he almost died while choking on the smoke in his lungs. 

"Taehyunnie," Beomgyu called out from the main door. "I'm going out for some errands, alright? I'll be back in an hour or so." 

"Oh," Taehyun slumped back into the couch, mind heavy with the thought of being alone on their anniversary. "Okay, stay safe." 

All he heard was a hum from the front door, before it was shut close. 

✿✿

It had been a little over two hours ever since Beomgyu left and Taehyun has never felt more lonely in his entire life. 

"Is today even our special day anymore?" Taehyun muttered to himself as he furiously cleaned the kitchen counter. He just started cleaning in order to distract his mind from various kinds of thoughts. 

That was just his coping mechanism, okay? 

He really didn't wanted to doubt their love for each other but he just couldn't help it. 

These days, they've been a bit.. distant towards each other? Taehyun didn't know how to explain it. 

He just hoped that things wouldn't escalate from there and they would just go back to how things were. They were just on a rocky patch. They can overcome this, right? 

His thoughts were cut off when he heard the front door opening, and his heartbeat raced in excitement to see Beomgyu again. 

However, he was a bit confused when he saw that Beomgyu was struggling to push a huge box from the door of their house. 

"Gyu?" Taehyun said, confused. "What is that big box?" 

Beomgyu looked up and gave Taehyun an awkward smile. "Oh, it's just a little gift." His voice croaked out as he finally pushed the big box through the door. 

"That is not a little gift." Taehyun deadpanned. 

Beomgyu just gave him a peck on his lips as a reply. 

✿✿

Beomgyu then pulled him to sit on the floor of their living room. "I want you to open the gift right now!" He said, enthusiastic. 

Taehyun frowned. "Didn't we agree to do that after dinner?" 

"Yes, we did, but I'm too excited for your reaction." Beomgyu grabbed his hands. "Can we please exchange gifts now?" 

"Okay, sure." Taehyun giggled, and Beomgyu died a little on the inside. 

Taehyun reached out for the gift that was laying on their gray couch. It was wrapped in a yellow wrapping paper. Beomgyu's favourite color. 

"Uh, I know it's not much but.. here you go." Taehyun shyly pushed the gift towards Beomgyu, feeling a bit embarrassed about his gift after seeing the huge box that Beomgyu had prepared for him. 

Beomgyu's head tilted as he practically ripped apart the wrapping paper, a soft gasp escaped his throat when he saw that it was a book. 

Well, not just any book. This was a particular book that he wanted since ages but when he tried to buy it, it was sold out in stores and online due to how popular it got during its release week. 

It was a simple gift, but Beomgyu had never felt so grateful for it. 

"Where did you get it? I heard it that it was still sold out." Beomgyu finally spoke after a few minutes, still eyeing the book with adoration. 

"Just pulled some strings. Don't worry about it." Taehyun smiled, looking at his lover with stars in his eyes. 

He was just so lucky to have Beomgyu, wasn't he?

"Your turn now!" Taehyun couldn't wait to see the surprise that Beomgyu had gotten him. 

Beomgyu gave him a smile before getting up and walking towards a box, pushing it towards Taehyun. "Open it." 

And Taehyun had never scrambled out of his position as fast as he did now. He opened up the box and saw a grey and black pet carrier...? 

He looked up to give a confused look towards Beomgyu, who just smiled at him. He took out the carrier from the box and almost dropped it when he realized what was in it. 

A golden retriever puppy!

"Hyung!" Taehyun gasped. "Could he even breath in that box? Is he dead- oh my god, he's dead!" 

Beomgyu smacked Taehyun on the head. "No, you idiot. He's sleeping." The older deadpanned. "And for your information, I cut up two big holes in the back of the box if you didn't notice." 

"Oh," Taehyun gave him a sheepish smile before placing the carrier down and pulling Beomgyu into a hug. 

"Thank you, hyungie." Taehyun's voice is muffled due to his face stuffed into Beomgyu's shoulder. 

"Your welcome. Did you like the gift?" 

"Like is a weak word." Taehyun gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I love it!" 

"Okay, so now what do you want to name him?" 

✿✿

After hours of bickering, they finally decided up on a name that they both liked, 

Chibi. 

So now, Beomgyu kept boring holes onto the other side of the couch, where Taehyun was cuddling a very sleepy Chibi, who laid on his lap while they were watching a movie, which Beomgyu stopped paying attention to like fifteen minutes ago. 

"What's wrong with you?" Taehyun asked with a chuckle as he noticed Beomgyu staring at their dog. 

"Nothing," Beomgyu turned his attention towards the movie that was playing. But Taehyun didn't fail to notice the pout on Beomgyu's face. 

Uh-oh, a sulky boyfriend alert! 

Taehyun carefully placed Chibi on his grey mini bed besides their long couch before shuffling to sit towards Beomgyu. 

"What's wrong, dear boyfie? Why are you sulky?" Taehyun's hands instinctively went to play with Beomgyu's silky black hair. 

Beomgyu unknowingly melted into the touch, but his brain didn't. "Why are you talking to me? Why don't you cuddle with Chibi instead?" 

"Are you serious now?" Taehyun laughed. "Don't tell me you're jealous of a dog." 

"So what? You appreciate the dog, but not the person who brought him home, and who's also your boyfriend for three years now." Beomgyu muttered under his breath, but Taehyun heard it and shook his head with a lovesick smile stretched out on his lips. 

"Oh," Taehyun clicked his tongue before turning Beomgyu's head towards him. He placed a peck on the older's forehead, nose and his two cheeks, before finally! He kissed Beomgyu's lips. 

Taehyun could feel Beomgyu relaxing into his touch, and he smiled into the kiss. Beomgyu's arms were then wrapped around the younger's waist, pulling Taehyun closer towards him. Before the kiss got heated, Taehyun pulled away and his heart almost stopped at the sight of Beomgyu. 

Hazy brown eyes, his long hair messy and a sheen of blush over Beomgyu's cheeks and nose. 

God, how much he adored his lover. 

He must've saved an entire kingdom in his past life in order to deserve Beomgyu in this life. Words weren't enough to express his love and admiration for Beomgyu. 

If Taehyun had to give up heaven for Beomgyu, he undoubtedly, would. 

"Wanna cuddle?" Beomgyu asked. 

Hah, obviously. 

✿✿

"Hyung," Taehyun sat up straight from where he was cuddling a very sleepy Beomgyu on the the couch at two-thirty am in the night. 

"What?" Beomgyu groaned, not very fond of the idea which was disturbing his sleep. 

"I know this is the wrong time to talk about this since you're on the verge of passing out but we need to because this has been chewing me out since yesterday night." Taehyun rambled in a single shot. 

"Oh," To the younger's surprise, Beomgyu actually listened for once and sat up straight too, placing a pillow on his lap. "Okay, so you're actually disturbed and I'm not overlooking into things." 

"Uh okay?" Taehyun looked at him weirdly before clearing his throat. "Uh, I don't know how to say this but hyung, are you going through a tough time?" 

Beomgyu froze at the question and Taehyun swore that he saw the older flinch at the question. Maybe Beomgyu wasn't ready for this conversation- 

"Maybe. Maybe not." Beomgyu replied, uncertain about his own answer. "Why..?" 

"Uh well," Taehyun stretched his arm to grab something on the coffee table, and Beomgyu refused to maintain any eye contact after Taehyun held it up. 

"This is what I found last night.." Taehyun trailed off, holding up the little white box in his hands, the same one that was on his mind since yesterday. "Does it belong to you?" 

"Uh," Beomgyu let out a distressed sigh and was about to deny it until Taehyun spoke in a stern voice, which he had never heard before.

"If it's yours, don't even thinking of lying, hyung." Taehyun said, eyes intensely looking at Beomgyu, who fumbled with the thread of his brown sweater. 

Beomgyu took a good three to four minutes to answer, but they weren't in a hurry. If Taehyun could, he would have waited for an entire day for Beomgyu. 

"Um- yeah, okay. It is mine." Beomgyu admitted, eyes closed, too afraid to see the reaction of Taehyun. 

But all he felt next was a pair of arms wrapping around his shoulders, he could feel his lover's head on his shoulder. He buried his own face into Taehyun's shoulder blades. 

"If you're wondering why I'm not scolding you," Taehyun's voice cut through the silence. "Don't worry, I'm not going to shout at you or anything." 

"Thank you," Beomgyu sighed into Taehyun's shoulder, feeling relaxed all of a sudden. Maybe Taehyun knew that he had a fear over people shouting at him. 

"But, all I'm going to ask is why are you smoking? Is something wrong?" Taehyun asked, pulling away from the hug. "Are you okay?" He rubbed his thumb over Beomgyu's cheekbones. 

Beomgyu didn't reply but pulled Taehyun into a hug again, something comforting was there in Taehyun's touch. 

Taehyun was glad that he was providing comfort to Beomgyu in some kind of way. At least in physical touch if not with words. 

"It's just that I've been stressed with a lot of things these days.. especially with school work and just normal insecurities that- that I just couldn't deal with all of them at the same time, you know? I- like had no way to relieve my stress until I saw a bunch of people smoking cigarettes and vapes outside a restaurant... so I just thought-" And Beomgyu didn't wanted to continue anymore. 

"Shh, it's alright. Don't worry, I'm not disappointed in you." Taehyun raked his fingers through Beomgyu's hair as an attempt to calm him down. 

"I know you're an adult and you can make your own decisions but I do want you to remind you that smoking is dangerous, alright? It can lead to serious addiction and various health problems." Taehyun sighed. "I don't want you to go through all that." 

Beomgyu nodded, leaning a bit more into the hug. 

"I just don't want to give a speech at your funeral when we're forty or something." Taehyun said out of nowhere, and Beomgyu cracked up a smile. 

"That's harsh, you know?" Beomgyu fake-pouted. 

"What?" Taehyun shrugged. "You needed to hear that." 

Beomgyu nodded. "Yeah, I did that. But I only used two cigarette buds in like three weeks until I realized about the consequences of smoking. I stopped like two days ago so you don't have to worry about it. I won't touch them anymore." He assured Taehyun with a peck to the younger's lips. 

"Good, 'cause I was on the verge of literally slapping some sense into you last night when I found out." Taehyun rolled his eyes, but Beomgyu knew it was from fondness. 

"By the way," Taehyun stood up and walked all the way besides the drawer from the TV. "I still have one more present left." 

"Hey," Beomgyu sulked. "You cheated!"

"How?" Taehyun smiled. 

"By not showing all your gifts when we were supposed to, earlier." 

"I'm sorry, Gyu." Taehyun sat down next to Beomgyu again before handing him a blue velvet box. "But this one is special." 

"Oh," Beomgyu hurriedly opened up his box and almost fainted after seeing two beautiful, matching necklaces in it. To be honest, his eyes teared up a little but don't tell Taehyun that! 

"Well?" Taehyun nudged Beomgyu with his elbow, as the latter kept on staring at with a lovestruck expression. 

"It's- beautiful." Beomgyu choked out, looking at Taehyun with disbelief all over his face. 

"I picked it out because it reminded me of us." Taehyun said as he took out the silver necklace from the box and helped Beomgyu put it on around his neck. Beomgyu did the same by helping Taehyun put his gold one around his own neck. 

"They look expensive." Beomgyu said, gently touching his silver necklace. 

"Oh hell yeah, it was. You better appreciate it." Taehyun grumbled, and Beomgyu laughed. 

Yeah, they were okay. 

They maybe not perfect, but in each other's eyes, the other looked even more beautiful with flaws, it seems. 

✿❀-THE END-❀

- Omg, that was the longest I've ever written. Like 3k words?? I'm proud of myself lol. But this was originally meant to be posted on valentine's but then it took me like actual 5 days to complete this so no excuses haha- btw, happy late valentine's<3

- Also, the cover are Tay & New because they're my sweethearts<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370K 21.7K 49
Wherein Beomgyu hires Taehyun -a fake boyfriend- from a rather peculiar website in order to make his ex jealous but instead, finds himself falling fo...
5.4K 174 10
|| Welcome || If you want to read about Yeonjun as your flirty classmate, Taehyun as your rival, Soobin's crush, Beomgyu serenading you with his gui...
25K 1.2K 36
❝Well, he clearly noticed my intention to avoid him. I scoffed. Is he trying to boss me around? "Not everyone is willing to follow whatever you say j...
110K 6.6K 42
"Are you sure about this?" "Just shut up and do it already." "You know the price you have to pay right?" "Yes." Beomgyu only realised he needed Taeh...