The Story of The First Forest

By KTeavana0017

The kind Slytherin Kaitlyn St. James mostly loves her life. She does fully love her best friends; Charlie Wea... More

Prologue
A Break Full of Surprises
Breaking the News
Starting New
Break and Mrs. Forest
Two Years Later
Back to the Burrow
Adulting
Finding Truth and Home
Another Day
Decisions
The Battle of Hogwarts
The Aftermath
Weasley C and Home
Epilogue

Getting Accustomed

3 0 0
By KTeavana0017

I walked with Nora and Sage to breakfast. Apparently, we only had to wear our cloaks on special occasions so I wore the blue button-up and blue and red skirt. Nora and I sat down but Sage hesitated she looked between Riley and Mack, and Nora and I.

"I'll see you guys in class," she said, head down. Nora sighed and started eating. It was every morning for the last two weeks. She couldn't let them go. They were toxic, pompous, selfish friends, and that wasn't a friend at all. However, like clockwork, Gavin sat across from me and Nora. 

Gavin had dark hair and eyes but pale skin. He was well built, almost perfectly but I'd met Charlie. The guy's uniform didn't have a skirt, they had blue pants with a red stripe down the outside of each leg. Apparently, you could buy a short sleeve button-up instead of a long sleeve.

"Morning," he said, sipping his coffee.

"Good Morning Gavin," I said, sighing. He laughed.

"Not happy to see me?" He said stretching out his arms. Nora rolled her sparkling blue eyes, that perfectly matched the blue uniform button-ups.

"When are we?" She asked laughing. He laughed and slapped his leg.

"Oh please, you love me," he said. I laughed as two letters fell onto my plate. I smiled and opened the first. It was Charlie.

Dear Kaitlyn,

I miss you greatly, school isn't so much fun without you. I know she'll be writing but Sophia Ray is fine. She has been welcomed into friendship with Dora and Penny. The twins almost miss you more than I do. Almost. Bill is organizing a dance, I wish you could be my date. I'll probably go but I'm telling you I'll have an awful time. I love you and I see our future clear as day.

Love, Charlie Weasley

I smiled at the letter. I loved him. Nora looked over my shoulder. I didn't mind much. It was the second letter I'd gotten from him, he always finished saying he loved me and could see our future.

"That's so sweet," she said softly. She was sensitive about the topic of Charlie and Sophia Ray. She knew I cried about them at night, and she was always there. She'd summon a cup of tea and we'd sit in the window, watching the stars.

"What is it?" Gavin asked loudly. I sighed.

"Nothing," I put the letter in my skirt pocket and opened the other.

Dear my best friend,

I miss you like so much. Dora and Penny have been great about keeping me company. Ace and I are dating and Oliver's being trained for the Gryffindor quidditch team! I miss you so much and so much has happened. You remember Victor...

I stopped reading and realized there were three more pages. I laughed and put it in my pocket as well. Nora smiled at me.

"You must have missed a lot," she said laughing softly. I laughed.

"Not really, Sophia Ray is just in all the gossip," I said remembering all the times she ran to me with fresh news.

"I get it," she smiled. Gavin looked between us.

"Okay, who is Sophia Ray?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"She's my best friend in England," I said as the bells rang. Nora sighed and popped a round hash brown (tater tot) in her mouth.

"Hurry up," she mumbled through the potato. I laughed and followed her. Gavin walked with us as we reached charms. I loved this charms teacher. Her hair was short curly and black. Her eyes were light brown and her skin was fairly tan. I sat in the front with Nora. Nora opened the book in front of us and sighed. Mrs. Forest laughed walking to the table.

"Nora?" She said smiling. The professor here always addressed us by our first name and we didn't call them professor. It was an odd adjustment. "Are you ready to focus?" She asked. Nora's smile was obviously fake.

"Of course," she said. I laughed. Mrs. Forest turned to me.

"Kaitlyn! Good to see you smiling this morning, are you ready?" I nodded.

"Absolutely, Mrs. Forest," she laughed as more students poured in.

"Oh, must be off," she walked to another table with the same excitement. Nora rolled her eyes.

"I hate this class but I love her," Nora said, leaning her head on her hand. I couldn't agree more.

"I enjoy the class it's fun," I said. She rolled her eyes.

"I know what you think, 'it's wonderful, and so fascinating'" she said imitating what I'd said two days ago in their library. I laughed as Mrs. Forest went back to the front of the room.

"Okay, y'all. Welcome to class, today we're gonna discuss casting spells wordlessly. It might sound hard but it's not," she said smiling at us. I looked at Gavin next to me and saw him half asleep. I rolled my eyes and paid attention. "So we start really easy, you all know the simple. Let's do our sixth-grade charm, Petrificus Totalus," she nodded and we all repeated. 

She clapped her hands. "Marvelous, now stand," we all stood up and she vanished the desks. "Nora?" She asked. Nora walked up front smiling despite the fact that she was bored. "Now Nora, all it is, is a point, make the movement strong," Nora nodded.

"Okay," she said.

"Perfect, Kaitlyn would you mind?" She asked. I shook my head and walked up. "Good, you two stay here," she walked down and paired everyone off then she walked back to us. "So, just think the spell and feel the magical energy leaving you through your wand," I had never done protective and defensive spells with my wand. 

The DADA professor didn't let us. He said that we could do that in the seventh year. "Students on the left cast first," she waved her wand and mats appeared behind us. I adjusted my grip on my wand and waited for the impact. Nora sighed and pointed her wand at me. My lower half froze and I fell but my arms and head remained normal.

"You half got me," I said, laughing. She sighed as Mrs. Forest undid the charm.

"Close but you didn't feel enough," she said, pushing her arms away from her body. "Kaitlyn you try," she said. I nodded and switched places with Nora. She stood still and I closed my eyes. Feel the energy leaving your body. I let out a sigh and pointed my wand sharply. Petrificus Totalus. Nora's limbs snatched to herself and she flew back into the wall.

"Nora!" I yelled running to help her. Mrs Forest kneeled by my side waving her wand. Nora shook her head and sat up.

"I'm okay," she yelled putting up a thumb. The class suddenly broke into laughs. Nora stood and bowed as the class applauded.

"I'm so sorry," she put a hand on my shoulder.

"Kaitlyn, I'm fine, gosh. My turn," she laughed. Mrs Forest looked at me oddly.

"Kaitlyn, can I see your wand," I handed it to her and she nodded observing it. "Odd this is the replica of Isolts," she muttered.

"It flew out of its case and hovered in front of me. The headmistress said I'd better take it," Mrs. Forest nodded and handed it back.

"You'll practice with me," she said. "Nora, go be in a rotation with Mack and Sage," Nora nodded and walked down the classroom. I stood up front with Mrs Forest and sighed.

——————

"Are you sure your leg goes that way?" Nora said, laughing. I stuck my tongue out at her but adjusted. We were two months in and the freezing weather was letting up on the bite.

"Is this closer?" Nora looked at the image in the book. Nora found a yoga book in the library and insisted we try the partner exercises. I, of course, played the part of man.

"No," she laughed. "You're supposed to be able to catch my back," She set the book down and walked over. I was lying on my back with my feet and hands in the air. I had on the green sweater from Mrs. Weasley and some purple camouflage leggings I stole from Sage. Nora was two sizes smaller than me otherwise I would have borrowed from her.

"I know that, but do you kick over or weirdly step up?" I asked. She shrugged.

"No freaking idea," she said cheerfully. "I'm just gonna go for it," she said kicking up into a handstand. I screamed as her back fell onto my feet. I almost had her heels but she rolled and fell on her side. I sat up and laughed. She rolled her eyes laughing and went to look at the picture again. I laid back down and smiled. I laid down and stretched. I turned my head to the dark sky outside.

"This is harder than I thought," I sighed watching the clouds wove across the moon. She laughed.

"Ohhh," she said. I sat up.

"What?" She looked at me over the top of the book.

"I forgot to read the instructions," I slapped my forehead as she laughed. The hallway door slammed shut and I looked at Nora as Sage burst in with tears pouring down her cheeks. 

Sage turned around again and again then she looked at me and Nora. Her eyes were red and puffy. Nora waved her wand, muttering, and some tea appeared in her hand. "Come sit, Sage," Nora said softly. Sage sat by Nora and I scooted over. Sage took the cup as her shoulder shook.

"This is the last draw!" She yelled.

"Muffilo," I muttered, taking her free hand in mine.

"I can't believe them," she sobbed. I looked at Nora but she shrugged.

"What did they do?" She asked. Sage let out a ragged breath.

"Every year for the past twelve years Riley, Mack, and I spent the last weekend in February together, doing whatever. That part didn't matter but we were devoted to it and it was always in the same spot," she said. I watched her struggle to get out the words. "I went and waited and they never came. On my way here I saw them leaving the kitchens and I asked why they didn't show. They said they didn't think we were kids anymore and that our childish tradition was just something they grew out of," her voice cracked. "They said I might want to grow up too," she said, sipping the tea. I squeezed her hand.

"Is that all?" Nora asked, knowing Sage had thick skin and there had to be something else. Sage shook her head and put the cup down.

"I told them that it wasn't a childish tradition and I asked what they were doing instead," she crushed my hand with her grip but I kept my mouth shut. "They said they were hanging out with Paisley," she said and broke down again. The tea spilled across the floor. I waved my wand and the mess was gone. I looked at Nora for context.

"Paisley is a girl who has bullied Sage for years, she's in Wampus too," she said. Sage nodded. I tilted my head.

"They aren't your friends if they're doing this," I said. She nodded.

"I know, I think I'm going to lay down for a while," she said. I looked at Nora as Sage stood and climbed into bed. I rubbed my face and looked at Nora. Nora was the nicest person I had ever met, she was never angry and never yelled but at that moment I thought she might burn the school down just to get to Riley and Mack. Her blue eyes were so intense it almost scared me. They reminded me of a hot flame.

"You do that, I'll go to the kitchen and get something to eat," she said standing.

"Sage, would you like me to stay?" I asked.

"No," came a horse response. I nodded and stood.

"Okay, we'll be back soon," I left with Nora. We walked in silence. It took me a while to realize we weren't walking to the kitchen. Nora's eyes were set. We walked to the door of the Wampus house. Nora sighed and pointed her wand at the door. She shook for a while then smiled.

"Let go to the kitchen," she said. I looked at her oddly.

"What did you just do?" She asked. Nora shrugged and skipped off. I sighed and ran after her.

The next morning I saw what she did. Nora temporarily aged them. Riley and Mack came into Charm's as old hagged maids. They complained to Mrs. Forest but she just laughed and said it was all in good fun seeing as it would wear off. I never liked her more. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

485K 10.1K 55
George Weasley x Ravenclaw OC Contains mature material and sensitive topics such as underage drinking, language, sexual content, and violence - On pa...
112K 3.3K 80
Diana Dursley turned 12 and her whole life flipped as she knew it once that Hogwarts letter arrived at her parent's doorsteps. After her family was f...
51.2K 1.1K 22
Rosie Wagner is a Slytherin, powerful, beautiful and rich. Some people even consider pure evil. What will a Weasley think. Fred Weasley is fascinat...
3.8K 39 31
Charlotte Rosier- Ravenclaw, Intimidating, Kindhearted and worst of all, the daughter of two raging blood supremacists. She can't help but love her f...