Tempting me

By NATSNOTGAY

Natalie Wilson. Star Hockey Center and Captain for the WestHampton Warriors. She's had a crush on Scarlett Sa... More

CAST
Scarlett fucking Santoro
Watching
Dad
All hail football
Gabriella
Senior night
That's disgusting
Live
Olivia
MORE CAST
Come Over
I could feel it
Dinner
Pictures
She's dated boys
Endless Chicken Baskets
Juice Box
The Roof
Girlfriend
Henry
The Stars
Get Out
Merry Christmas?
No One Knows
That Wasn't About A stupid Hit
I love you
Epilogue
AYEEE

The Time To Be Alive

9.5K 231 67
By NATSNOTGAY

I slept at Sydney's house last night because I was so nervous. And I've been trying to figure out a way to talk to Scarlett.

All of our conversations have been rushed but we've both been so busy.

I got on a bus at 5 AM to head to Minneapolis just because of the plans Coach made before the game.

We went to the Mall of America, then the Institute of Art, then straight to the arena for warm-ups. Tonight, we get to stay in The Foshay.

The Wyatt's are coming. So are the Santoros. Mrs. Moreno is watching on the live stream. This is the game.

"You okay, Cap?" Allison looked up at me as she wrapped the black tape around the top of her socks.

I nodded and finished putting the eye black under my eye, "I like our state uniforms." I looked in the mirror at myself and nodded with the look I chose. Double dutch braids. Cross eye black on my right cheek and a plain old line on the left. Pink neck guard. Style is top tier for this game.

I turned back around and looked around the locker room.

Their eyes were on me too. They expect a game winning speech. I have to give that to them. One last time.

"Alright WestHampton. I am not gonna make this Disney Channel on you all." They smiled. "But I really really want us to win this game. I know we can. You all know we can. We had an awesome day today. And we're gonna have an awesome after party!" They cheered. "But, only if we win." I looked around the room and put my hand out, "Warriors on three! 1! 2! 3!"

"Warriors!"

"Now let's get out there and show those Wisconsin weirdos who's the real hockey MVP!"

"Yeah!" Everyone cheered together.

We walked out of the locker room and did our rounds before the other team finally came out.

And their jerseys were navy and white. Ours are obviously better. But their are really clean.

"I want Natalie on center. V and Jenny on defense. Anna and Kat wingers. JJ in goal." Coach looked up from his clipboard. "What are you all still standing here for?"

I grinned at the man and nodded, turning to the ice.

I can't look at the stands or I'll faint. Everyone I know and care about is here to watch this game. The coaches from Minnesota State are here. Julius isn't but Melly should be somewhere.

I just can't believe the season went by this quickly.

V pat the back of my pads, "Come on, Cap. We got this."

I looked at her as I tightened my chin strap a bit, "Of course we do." I nodded trying to convince myself.

The other teams defender is almost twice my size which doesn't really help my case.

The ref skated to the middle of the faceoff circle and looked between us, "I want a clean game. No tugging, fighting, and absolutely no skates up. That'll be an immediate disqualification for the team." He held the puck up and put the whistle in his mouth.

I swallowed hard.

And he dropped the puck.

The other girl slammed into my and knocked me back, taking the puck first.

I'm gonna beat myself up for that one.

I skated around her and over to the girls passing it back and forth.

V hit the one of the left and slid the puck in my direction.

I noticed their defensemen coming my way and dropped the puck back to Anna.

She went around their goal and slid it back to me.

I could use my slapshot. But there's three of them in the front of me.

Don't be selfish.

I hit the puck back to V.

She looked at me hesitantly and I nodded quickly.

Then she shot the puck, using her own slapshot.

And we made it.

The crowd went wild.

We went wild.

I skated over to her and pat her on the head, "Good job, Veronica."

She shrugged and brushed her shoulders off, "First time I've made a goal in the first five minutes."

I grinned wider, "I was impressed."

She hit my shoulder with her own, "Obviously."

I rolled my eyes and looked at the stands, immediately finding my best friends in the front row.

Scarlett was with them. With a sign that said 'Number 13! Give me a puck and I'll give you some luck!' with a winking emoji next to it.

I waved at her.

She waved back.

I signed 'soon' and she nodded, giving me a thumbs up.

We both took ASL all through middle school so we know a few things here and there. It's really fun in class.

________

Second period came and we didn't score anymore. They scored twice.

The beginning of third, they scored again but we came up and scored two more times, tying us even.

And we're going into overtime.

A state game going into overtime.

How crazy is that? I've never experienced that. Neither has Coach.

And I still have to get Scarlett that puck.

"Alright team, we have this in the bag. I know nerves are high but get me or Allie the puck. Keep them off the goal. And please, JJ," I looked at Jordan, "don't let them score."

She nodded, "As if I would during overtime."

Billie scoffed at her, "You let them three other times."

She glared at her younger sister, "Only for the aesthetics of the game."

I laughed at their bickering, "Okay! Warriors on three! 1! 2! 3!" I put my hand in the circle.

"Warriors!" Our hands went in the air.

I skated back into the middle of the arena, blocking out the crowd.

Kitty was on my left. Allie was on my right. V was behind Kitty on left defense and Lily was right by her.

My dream lineup for overtime at state.

The ref gave us the same rules as before but I noticed there was a different, slightly smaller girl in front of me rather than the ogre before.

That's mean but genuinely that girl had to have been at least 6 feet tall.

She dropped the puck and instead of immediately hitting the girl, I hit the puck to Allie.

She skated to the left and all the way around their goal, passing the puck back up to V.

V passed it down the ice to Anna and she slid it up to Allie.

She had three players on her so I came behind her and took the puck up the ice towards their goal.

No time to think.

Fuck.

Slapshot.

I tilted my wrist up and got ready to wind the stick towards their goal.

Breathe in.

Hit.

Breathe out.

Buzzer.

Goal!

Holy fuck we just won state!

"Holy fuck!" I threw my gloves off and pumped my arms, sliding on my knee and skating with my left foot, doing my signature celly.

I grabbed the winning puck and slid right over to my girlfriend, tossing it over the plexi-glass.

Then I blew her a kiss, ignoring half the school and my whole team watching.

And all the parents.

She blushed and caught it, putting it on her cheek.

My friends were grinning like idiots at this interaction and I just smiled at them, because right now, I don't even care what anyone says about me.

I turned back to my team.

"You shot that shit!" Kitty jumped on my back.

I spun her around, "And I made it!"

The whole team was around me, pushing me up.

I only highlight the times when I score a winning goal but honestly, this doesn't happen very often.

The fact I just won with a slapshot with their whole team coming up on me.

At state.

"And what a good celly!" V pat my back and winked at me, "Probably a good way to tell everyone you and blondie are an item."

I shrugged, "'Bout time."

We made our rounds and congratulated the other team, coach gave a spiel about being the best group of girls he's worked with in a very long time, then we finally made it back to the locker room.

"Hell of a goal, Nat." Addie was the last one in the locker room and I was sitting right by the door, so they all congratulated me as I came in.

"So we won state." V looked up at me as she slid off her pads, "And now we have to go get drunk but secretly."

I shook my head but couldn't fight the grin on my face, "We have to make our rounds first. Take pictures and what-not."

She shrugged, "When we get back to the school, sure. But I'm gonna thank my family for being here then go straight to the hotel." She stood up and grabbed her shower bag out of her locker, then she turned back to face me, "Maybe you should stop dilly dallying and go see your girlfriend?"

A few of the girls whooped and hollered and I simply just rolled my eyes.

Billie smiled at me with a towel wrapped around her, just coming out of the showers, "We all knew it by the way."

I rolled my eyes, "Knew what?'

"Mobius Tucker was after you for years and you turned him down every time." Izzie raised her eyebrows at me.

"I for one thought that Natalie might just not want to date anyone." Kitty held her finger up, a grin on her face. Then she broke and started laughing, "We knew."

I rolled my eyes and finished taking off my pads. Then it hit me that this is the last time we'll ever play as a team. And that made me sad. "I've had the best season this year. With all of you." I raised my voice as I spoke, "And I'm really excited for what this team has to offer." I nodded and grabbed my own shower caddy, "And I love all of you guys."

Kitty frowned, "Get sappy at graduation, not in here."

I smiled at her, "I graduate in 3 months, Kit."

She shook her head, "Enough of this sad talk!" She stood up, "Let's just get dressed so we can eat!"

"And drink!" V yelled from the showers.

I rolled my eyes yet again and made my way to the showers.

I took a quick one realizing I was one of the last ones who needed to.

Then I let Kitty do my hair in half up half down dutch braids because it's the cutest hairstyle ever and it keeps my hair out of my face without making my forehead look overly massive.

She made me put mascara on too.

And the after state outfit I brought is so cute. Baggy brown corduroys and a plain tight-fitting white shirt. And a navy and brown checkered cardigan that I borrowed from Scar a few weeks ago.

As soon as I got dressed, Kitty, V, and I rushed out of the locker room to where basically everyone we know, was waiting for us.

I had a bit of anxiety over who to go to first but everyone there for me were already talking in a group together. It actually felt really great to have my whole support system in one place.

"I'll see you guys at the hotel for the party later." I looked at V and Kitty.

They nodded.

V dapped me up, "Don't get drunk tonight."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Ten minutes ago, that's all you could talk about doing!"

She nodded over to my group, "That's before your girlfriend texted me." She smiled, "Have fun!" Then she walked away.

Asshole!

What did Scarlett text her!

I was suddenly filled with more anxiety than before and forced myself to go over to my group.

Sydney was the first to see me.

She wrapped me in a huge hug that Mo and Yoda joined it on.

I couldn't breathe.

"Good job, Nat." She smiled at me and pulled away, "Really, that last goal was so awesome."

I shrugged, "It was okay."

"Are you kidding!?" Mr Santoro cleared his throat, "Sorry. That slapshot was so awesome and that's coming from someone who's life revolves around hockey. Seriously, that's a whole lotta talent in those arms."

I felt my cheeks redden, "Thank you Mr Santoro." I smiled at him. Then I looked at Scarlett who was right next to him.

I want to kiss her right here and now but we have a rule. I guess it was kinda my rule first but she agreed on it. Not in front of parents. Hers are here and the Wilson's are here so it's like double awkward.

We held eye contact for a moment as everyone else around us talked.

I noticed her left eyebrow lift slightly and I knew she was about to look away. Because that's what she does when she's nervous.

And she did look away.

I smiled harder, knowing tonight is the night. Whatever she texted V says so too.

"So where should we go to eat!" Patty looked around the group, making me laugh a bit.

"There's this place downtown. Coach wouldn't stop talking about it."

Mrs. Santoro nodded, "There's a few places down there."

I played with my phone in my pocket, "Manny's is good. I went there last time I was in Minneapolis."

Jenny nodded, "I was hoping you'd say Manny's."

________

I sat next to Scarlett once we got there. Sydney was on my left. Yoda and Mobius were surprisingly on the other side of Scarlett.

Angie was at the end of them. All of the parents and Chip were across from us.

And I ate the biggest steak known to man.

That's what it feels like at least.

After dinner, Gordon insisted we all ride in a limo and get to the hotel as a group.

So we did.

We took the scenic route.

Scarlett and I didn't really talk to each other in the car. Or at the restaurant. We held hands in the car. It was dark in there and again, they all know. Even if we haven't said it out loud.

As soon as we got to the hotel, everyone went their separate ways.

The Santoros are on the 3rd floor as well as the Wilsons. And Yoda and Mobius. Angie and Scarlett are sharing a room. Tucker and Syd are sharing a room. Yoda and Mobius.

The hockey team is spread out through the 5th floor.

I'm supposed to be sharing a room with V but she and a few of the other girls are sleeping in Anna's room. Because they're all drunk.

I texted Scarlett to meet me at my room in 20 minutes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 430 43
Avalon West isn't your average teenager, she avoids all girly stuff while her twin sister loves it. Avalon loves sports and boyish clothing line, so...
123K 3.6K 40
The story of Y/n Stark who goes to a party and meets two beautiful women ๐Ÿ˜Œ (+18, mature content) Wanda x Nat x fem reader The characters don't belon...
2.9K 173 38
Starlyn Foley, good grades, good girlfriend, changes schools for her junior year. Amidst battling her mild depression, anxiety she meets Nina Jensen...
1.8M 49K 32
Alexandria Jackson. Softball and basketball team captain. Sexy as hell. Popular. Loved by all. Intersex. Lesbian. Abused. Harper Adams. Cheer captai...