Becoming a Maximoff

Door Just_writing_a_bit

Book 3 in the Maximoff series. If you haven't read either of the books before, please do so. There is a short... Meer

Chapter 1: Hamilton, Scotland
Chapter 2: Cooking date
Chapter 3: Sunset
Chapter 4: What's your power again?
Chapter 5: 15 years later
Chapter 6: Soft*
Chapter 7: Visit
Chapter 8: Graduation
Chapter 9: 1 year anniversary
Chapter 10: Revelations and Rain
Chapter 11: Intimate Moments
Chapter 12: Finally 18
Chapter 14: The job and a phone call
Chapter 15: Family bliss
Chapter 16: Where are you?
Chapter 17: What's going on?
Chapter 18: Who are you?
Chapter 19: Where to go?
Chapter 20: A short journey
Chapter 21: Into the base
Chapter 22: Vents have ears
Chapter 23: Stone
Chapter 24: Why?
Chapter 25: Find Wanda
Chapter 26: Remember me
Chapter 27: Against the rest
Chapter 28: What now?
Chapter 29: What was that?
Chapter 30: Everything could change
Chapter 31: Bliss
Chapter 32: All along
Chapter 33: Attack
Chapter 34: Reunion
Chapter 35: Catching up
Chapter 36: Back at the compound
Chapter 37: Talking strategy
Chapter 38: Old room
Chapter 39: On the jet
Chapter 40: Wakanda
Chapter 41: Earthquake?
Chapter 42: Removal
Chapter 43: Forest
Chapter 44: Snap
Chapter 45: Half the population
Chapter 46: 5 years
Chapter 47: What do you know about quantum physics?
Chapter 48: Vormir
Chapter 49: 3 seconds
Chapter 50: Morgan
Chapter 51: We won
Chapter 52: The past
Chapter 53: It's not your fault
Chapter 54: Memorial
Chapter 55: 1 year

Chapter 13: Top Golf

192 14 1
Door Just_writing_a_bit

Pov y/n

I angle the golf club as the instructor showed us and swing. I expect the ball to go flying but it stays where it is because I missed.
My eyes dart to Wanda who watches me. She has a soft smile on her face but not in a way that's making fun of me. It's a loving smile and not because I missed the first hit.

I concentrate back on the ball in front of me and angle my golf club new. This time, I swing a little slower to make sure I actually hit the ball. And I do. It doesn't go very far, due to the little impact but at least I hit it this time.
I grin and look at the little screen, that shows me how many points I got. It's not much but it's a start. I'm allowed to hit one more ball before it's Wanda's turn and this time, it flies further and I can't help it but to smile widely at that. This already is fun.

Then it's Wanda's turn and I let her get into position and watch as she focusses on the ball and positions her golf club. She also misses the first hit but isn't bothered by that and tries it again. This time, she is slower, just as I was. Her tongue sticks out a little and touches her upper lip in concentration which looks really adorable.
It makes me want to kiss her so badly but she is in the middle of concentrating, so I hold back.

Once she made her hits, both around as far as I hit mine, I step up to her and cup her face with both hands and give her a soft kiss. She seems a bit surprised but returns the kiss instantly and I can't help it but to smile at that.

"What was that for?" She asks after we pulled away and I shrug.

"Just for looking cute when you concentrate." I reply and her cheeks turn a little pink, which is even more cute.

We switch positions and it's my turn again. This time I hit the ball all three times and proudly watch them fly away. We play for a while and try different settings, allowing us to compete against each other. It's always very close and sometimes Wanda wins and sometimes I do.

"You know what this makes me think of?" I ask as we switch again and it's Wanda's turn. She shakes her head.

"It reminds me of all those movies where the girl learns to play golf and the guy has to show her how it works and they stand really close together." I tell her and Wanda laughs a little.

"Would you like me to teach you how to play?" She asks, her eyes sparkling a little and I purse my lips a bit.

"I mean, I do know how to play." I point out and Wanda playfully raises her eyebrows, glancing at the screen with our scores.

"You surely could use a lesson." She snickers and I huff in false offense.

"Excuse you, I am very good." I say and she laughs the way that always makes my heart beat faster.

"But I wouldn't mind you being close to me." I add with a tiny grin.

She is right about the fact that she won the last two rounds but I believe that was just luck. Wanda smirks a bit and goes to stand behind me.
She gently wraps her arms around me, resting her hands on my arms and bringing them into position. I can't help but giggle. Wanda chuckles as well and I can feel her warm body against mine. She guides my arms and swings the golf club back before holding my arms there.

"You need to spread your legs a little more." She says, letting go of my arms and touching my hips. I feel little tingles in my body and can't help but to comment her words.

"We're not in the bedroom, Wands." I grin and for a second her hands on my hips freeze before she leans forward, her breath on my ear.

"Would you want to be? It's your birthday after all and I would gladly make you cum as often as you can take it." She husks, her accent breaking through a little and I get chills at her words, feeling my insides grow hot.

"I mean..." I trail off and she snickers a bit and kisses my neck.

"One by one." She says and I am not sure if this just means that we should enjoy this activity or if that also indicates what might happen later tonight.
My brain needs a few seconds to realize where we are and when she taps my hips a little, I change my position a bit.

"Now, when you swing, you need to use that momentum and turn your hips into the direction you want the ball to go, which would be there." She explains and points ahead of us. I nod.

"The more you use that, the further the ball will fly."
I turn my head to look at her.

"How do you know that?" I ask, seriously surprised because that sounds about right. Wanda's lips curl into a smile and she shrugs.

"I don't, I just made that up for what we have going on." She admits and I grin and shake my head a little.

"I think you're not wrong though." I tell her and look back at the ball, swinging the golf club back and hitting the ball. It goes flying and I watch it.

"You didn't move your hips." Wanda comments and I turn my attention back to her.
"You need to move here." She says and puts a bit pressure onto my hips and I nod. She might be on to something.

I grab the next ball and get into position, trying to focus on her touch. With the next swing, I do my best to move my hips and her hands move on them, telling me I did it better this time.

"How about that?" I ask, honestly a bit proud of the hit because it felt way better.

"That was great." Wanda praises, her voice soft and she places a kiss on my shoulder, giving me little butterflies.

I do the last hit of my turn and once again focus on moving my hips along and the ball flies further than before and my eyes grow wide and I turn around to face my girlfriend.

"Did you see that? Even you didn't hit a ball that far:" I cheer and she laughs a little but nods.

"That was really great!" She agrees and pecks my lips before we change positions and I let her play.

We play a few more rounds until our time here is up and we bring back our equipment. I have no clue how much this was but I also don't wanna know, I would just feel bad about it. But I trust Wanda and know she wouldn't spend money that we don't have or don't want to spend. It's probably best that she did this as a surprise.

"That was so amazing! Thank you, seriously." I say as we stop outside the building. Her eyes light up and her smile becomes bigger.

"I am glad you enjoyed it so much. You deserve to have a good birthday." She says, making my heart grow soft.

"Try a great birthday. Because it was really great so far and I can't thank you enough for that." I say and hug her tightly. She hugs me back and for a few moments I just enjoy it. But then I pull back to give her a gentle kiss.

"I love you." I remind her and her eyes start to sparkle a little.

"I love you too." She replies and gives me another kiss that makes the butterflies in my stomach go crazy.

We slowly make our way back towards the subway station, no rush whatsoever. When we see something interesting in a store window, we stop and look at it. We're both aware that we shouldn't really buy anything we don't need because we want to save the money we have left, but it's nice to look around.

When we get hungry, we settle on a bench in a little park and I get out the sandwiches I made earlier. As we eat, I watch the ducks in the pond in front of us and smile. This is really a nice birthday.

As my thoughts wander, I can't help but to think about one person and my heart starts aching a little.

I am 18 now and it's an important birthday. Even more for Wanda and I, due to our situation but even if we were safe and sound back home, it would still be big. Turning 18 is just something, I always imagined to celebrate with my Mom and the Avengers.

Since my 10th birthday, Tony promised me to throw me a huge birthday party when I turn 18. He told me I could invite anyone I want and have the party in the Avengers tower or compound and he would take care of everything food or drink related and pay everything that needs to be paid.
Not, that I am a fan of such huge parties but turning 18 just makes me think of it.

Whenever I imagined my 18th birthday, it was always somewhere in New York, with my Mom and the Avengers, my friends and my girlfriend, should I have one then. I never would have thought that I'd spend it in Scotland, everyone on another continent except for my girlfriend.
Don't get me wrong, I love Wanda and I seriously love my birthday so far, it's amazing and I am beyond thankful. But there is still a tiny part of me that longs to see Mom or speak to her.

No matter how annoyed I am with her, I still want to at least hear her voice but at the same time I don't want to talk to her right now. We just started building up a life here and I don't want to put that at risk in any way.
Not that my Mom is a risk, but she might attract something that could blow up our peaceful life here.
I feel a little torn but try to shrug that off and ignore it. There is no way to talk to her today and I don't wanna pull the mood down. I wanna enjoy every minute I have with Wanda and appreciate everything she's done so far today.

After our little lunch, we decide to walk around the park a little more and eventually make it back to the subway. This time it's a little less crowded and we both get a seat, even though I didn't mind sitting on Wanda's lap. We arrive at our subway station and get out. But before we head back to the apartment, we make a stop at a bookstore. We don't buy a book, we just look around and what's new.

Back at home, I help Wanda prepare dinner, even though she insisted on me not having to do anything but I told her I want to help.
My skills in the kitchen are still not very good, so I spend a good amount of time, just hugging Wanda and watching her do the work, which she doesn't seem to mind at all. She rather seems to enjoy it and I smile whenever I kiss her neck.

Dinner is great and we decide to watch a movie in bed to end the day. We use Wanda's work laptop for that because it's bigger than my small one that I used for school. I am cuddled into her and feel myself getting tired. I manage to mumble a 'thank you and I love you', hearing her return it before I drift off to sleep.
The day was really great and I doubt that there is anything that would have made it better than it already was. 

A/n: Having Nat there would've been great but sadly not possible.

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

32K 1.6K 56
Sequel to "Falling for a Maximoff". After we fell for Wanda and our mother is okay with it, there shouldn't be anymore problems, right? Well the dail...
59.1K 1.5K 61
Never in their life have Maximoff Siblings especially Y/N Maximoff thought her world would come crashing down destroying the sibling's childhood. Bei...
38.4K 1.2K 36
this is a wanda maximoff x oc fanfic. The first few chapters aren't the best so just bare with me for them the book gets far better as it goes along...
4.2K 177 6
Disclaimer: All rights go to dearzoemurphy on AO3 who gave me permission to share their work -0-0-0- ...