Becoming a Maximoff

By Just_writing_a_bit

Book 3 in the Maximoff series. If you haven't read either of the books before, please do so. There is a short... More

Chapter 1: Hamilton, Scotland
Chapter 2: Cooking date
Chapter 3: Sunset
Chapter 4: What's your power again?
Chapter 5: 15 years later
Chapter 6: Soft*
Chapter 7: Visit
Chapter 8: Graduation
Chapter 9: 1 year anniversary
Chapter 10: Revelations and Rain
Chapter 11: Intimate Moments
Chapter 13: Top Golf
Chapter 14: The job and a phone call
Chapter 15: Family bliss
Chapter 16: Where are you?
Chapter 17: What's going on?
Chapter 18: Who are you?
Chapter 19: Where to go?
Chapter 20: A short journey
Chapter 21: Into the base
Chapter 22: Vents have ears
Chapter 23: Stone
Chapter 24: Why?
Chapter 25: Find Wanda
Chapter 26: Remember me
Chapter 27: Against the rest
Chapter 28: What now?
Chapter 29: What was that?
Chapter 30: Everything could change
Chapter 31: Bliss
Chapter 32: All along
Chapter 33: Attack
Chapter 34: Reunion
Chapter 35: Catching up
Chapter 36: Back at the compound
Chapter 37: Talking strategy
Chapter 38: Old room
Chapter 39: On the jet
Chapter 40: Wakanda
Chapter 41: Earthquake?
Chapter 42: Removal
Chapter 43: Forest
Chapter 44: Snap
Chapter 45: Half the population
Chapter 46: 5 years
Chapter 47: What do you know about quantum physics?
Chapter 48: Vormir
Chapter 49: 3 seconds
Chapter 50: Morgan
Chapter 51: We won
Chapter 52: The past
Chapter 53: It's not your fault
Chapter 54: Memorial
Chapter 55: 1 year

Chapter 12: Finally 18

215 17 2
By Just_writing_a_bit

Pov Wanda

I wake up before y/n and sleepily glance over at her. She looks very peaceful and cute with her face stuffed a little into the pillow, snuggled up in the blanket.

She always complains about the blanket when we go to sleep because it's August and 'way too warm' for a blanket but every morning, she is snuggled into it and it makes me smile every time.

I withstand the urge to give her a kiss, not wanting to wake her up and carefully get out of the bed. Today is her birthday and I want the day to be very special for her.
Luckily, it's Saturday, so I don't have to work today and can spoil her as much as she wants, starting with breakfast in bed.

She loves everything I make for her but I know she really loves it when I make her waffles for breakfast. Usually, I don't make them often because it's a bit of a mess and more to clean up but since it's her birthday, I decided to make her some. I put on a pair of socks and a robe, so I won't be chilly and silently leave the room before closing the door. Y/n likes to sleep a little longer, so I don't think she'll be up for another hour, which gives me enough time to make her breakfast.

While I prepare the batter and heat up the waffle maker, I think about today. She's finally turning 18 and is officially an adult now. That will make a lot of things easier. Even though she is pretty independent with her 17 years, it's still a little more complicated because there are things that just aren't possible.

For example, she wasn't able to get a full time job until now because she needed the signature of a parent for that. We did think about faking it but we were worried that it blows up in some way and didn't want to risk that.
Now, that she's 18, she doesn't need her parents permission for anything. We don't have to pretend anymore as if I am taking care of her or whatever people want to hear to leave us alone about it. I'm happy for her that it's gonna be easier now.

We already discussed the matter of jobs and she'll try to turn her part-time job into a full-time one.

Another thought that crosses my mind and makes my insides pull together a little is that Nat isn't here to celebrate with her. Just as her graduation, this is a huge day for her, or a milestone, however you wanna call it and once again, Natasha won't be here to celebrate it with her.

I understand very well, that the two of them don't speak right now, I just think it's sad that they miss out on experiencing this together.
But it's y/n's call if she wants her mom to be around or not. And at the moment, it seems like she is happy about the way things are.

I push those thoughts out of my head and concentrate back on the waffles. It doesn't take long, until the first ones are ready and I start to prepare the tea as well. In between, I chop up some strawberries to go with the waffles. I put everything on a tray and carefully carry it into the bedroom.

Y/n is still asleep and it makes me smile to see her like this. When she looks like this, it always seems as if she doesn't have a care in the world and is just a happy young adult. It makes me forget in what kind of situation we are and that makes my heart a little lighter.

I put the tray down on our dresser and crawl onto the bed. It's a little later now and the perfect time to wake her up. I lean down and place a few kisses on her face, trailing them from her forehead to her cheeks and lastly her nose. When I kiss her nose, her lips curl into a happy smile that makes my heart soft. Her eyes flutter open and she looks sleepily but happily up at me.

"Good morning, sunshine." I greet her and hold myself up above her with my hands next to her shoulders. She gives me a sleepy smile.

"Good morning, daisy." She mumbles, her voice still raspy from sleep but it's so attractive. I mean, I love her voice either way but when it's like this, I could get chills from it.

"Happy birthday, my love." I wish and lean down to kiss her cheek, which makes her smile even wider.

"Thank you." She grins and kisses my chin, making me chuckle. In the morning, we rarely kiss on the lips because morning breath is a thing. Not that I or her mind that much but we don't need to force it and kisses on other parts of the face can be just as sweet and intimate.

"Finally 18...when I first met you, you were 16." I recall and her eyes widen a little at the realization.

"You're right. One could say, you know me for two years now." She snickers and I shake my head with a smile and lay down next to her.

"Not quite. More like a bit over a year but it would have been great to meet you earlier." I think out loud and she hums in agreement and cuddles into me, draping her arm over my stomach and nuzzling her face into my neck. Her breath tickles my neck a little but it's a very nice feeling.

"You will just have to make up for that by staying with me for the rest of my life." She decides and I smile, my heart beating a little faster.

I would definitely love to stay with her forever and right now I can honestly also picture it. We might only be together a tiny bit over a year now but I love her with my whole heart and know that those feelings won't ever fully vanish, even if we wouldn't be together at some point anymore. She is my first love and I am lucky to have found such a great one.

"I can do that and I will make sure, to always have you." I whisper and kiss the top of her head, making her kiss my neck in return and I can tell, she is smiling as well.

After a bit more of cuddling, I get the tray and we have breakfast in bed. Her eyes grow big at the waffles and she hums happily while eating them. Seeing her this excited about waffles is very cute and just makes me love her even more. She praises my waffles and I feel my heart beating with pure happiness. When we're done with eating, I put the tray aside and cross my legs and face her.

"I have a present for you." I tell her and she smiles widely and sits up a little more.

"You do?" She asks and her eyes start to sparkle. Due to our situation, we agreed on no presents, at least for now. That's also why we didn't get each other something for our anniversary. But I wanted to make her birthday special, so I thought of something.

"Yes, I do. But it's not here." I tell her and she looks at me, waiting for me to say more but I don't.

"Let's get dressed and I'll take you there." I suggest and she nods and quickly gets out of bed, almost undressing at the same time.

I smile at her excitement, this is how I hoped she'd react. I know, she wouldn't need a present to be happy on her birthday but I want it to be a special day and I feel like, we can allow ourselves to spend a little bit more money for this.

We get dressed and while I'm doing my hair, she packs a backpack, even though she doesn't know what to expect.

"Ready?" I ask and step out of the bathroom.

"In a sec." She calls back from the kitchen and I look into it to see her making sandwiches for later.

"Alright." She says after putting them into the backpack. I scan over her outfit to make sure it's fitting for what I have planned.

"Checking me out, mh?" She smirks and I look into her eyes, smirking a bit and shaking my head.

"Always." I reply, making her smile a little wider. We put on shoes and I follow her out of the building before leading the way down the street.

"Where are we headed?" She asks and swings our intertwined hands between us.

"To the subway station." I tell her and she playfully rolls her eyes.

"I mean the end destination." She clarifies and I smirk a little, knowing that's what she meant.

"You'll have to wait and see." I keep it to myself and she hums before starting to guess. But I put on a poker face and don't say anything. If I didn't already had this planned, I for sure would get a lot of ideas now.

"Pleaseee?" She begs and I chuckle and shake my head, stepping into the subway.

"It's a surprise." I just answer and she sighs dramatically.

"Fine." She gives up the guessing, making me snicker a little.

The subway is pretty full, which isn't a surprise since it's Saturday noon. But we find a free seat and I sit down and wrap my arm around her when she sits on my lap. My other hand loosely rests in her thigh and I place my chin on her shoulder to be able to see something. Her body automatically leans against mine and the simple action makes me smile. Her hands play with the rings on my fingers but more out of boredom than out of anxiety or nervousness.

I can tell by the way she fidgets with them. There's a difference between how she plays with them when she nervous and when she is just bored. I am very glad she isn't nervous or anxious because I want this day to be just great for her and anxiety would bum that out a lot.

I watch the other people on the subway, getting lost in my own thoughts a little but paying attention to where we are. When we reach the stop, I tap her leg and she understands and gets up. I take her hand in mine and lead her out of the subway and onto a street.
She looks around, trying to see where we're headed but I know she doesn't know this area, so there is nothing giving away my surprise. Well, almost nothing. There are a few signs pointing at where we're headed but I do my best to distract her whenever a sign comes up.

When we reach our destination, she stops in her tracks and looks at the building before looking at me. Her eyes are big and she starts to wiggle a little in excitement.

"Top golf?" She asks and looks from me to the building with huge letters on the front.

"Happy birthday, baby." I say and kiss her cheek. She looks back at me and pulls me into a big hug before kissing me. I return the kiss but it doesn't last too long, since she is really excited about this.

"I always wanted to try this." She tells me and I nod and let her pull me towards the entrance.

"I know." I smile, remembering all the times she told me about it.
Mostly when we were watching something and she saw the people in shows or movies do it.
We arrive at the front counter and the woman behind it smiles up at me.

"Hello, I reserved for 1 pm." I greet her and she looks at the computer in front of her and scrolls through it before looking back at me.

"Name, please?" She asks and I tell her my name, well my fake name. She nods and clicks on something before nodding.

"You have slot 7. You can just go through there," She points to a door. "and rent the things you need. I'll send an instructor to your slot in a few minutes, so he can explain everything to you." She informs me and I nod and thank her.

I already paid beforehand because I didn't want y/n to know how much this costs. Sure, she could look it up but I doubt she will do that. I just want to prevent her from thinking I'm spending too much money for her birthday. This is expensive, yes, but it's not too much and we are able to afford it without having to cut back on something else.

We follow the instructions and go through the door and rent the golf clubs and balls. Finding our slot is easy and we put our things down, while waiting for the instructor. He arrives after a few seconds and explains how everything works and what we should pay attention to.
We nod and he wishes us a lot of fun before leaving us alone. There are a few other people here but not many. I assume that most people come here around the afternoon or evening.

"Can I start?" Y/n asks and I nod with a smile.

"Go on, sunshine." I encourage her and she grabs her golf club and gets into position. 

A/n: Thanks for reading and love to you all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.9K 1.2K 9
You had known the Maximoff Twins since you signed up to do the experiments to help Sokovia, in a world where soulmates existed. After the events of U...
337K 9.2K 64
Y/n was kidnapped by Hydra and exposed to the mind stone, receiving powers nobody quite understood the extent of. After a year and a half under Hydr...
4.2K 177 6
Disclaimer: All rights go to dearzoemurphy on AO3 who gave me permission to share their work -0-0-0- ...
32K 1.6K 56
Sequel to "Falling for a Maximoff". After we fell for Wanda and our mother is okay with it, there shouldn't be anymore problems, right? Well the dail...