Open Relationship

By kryzme

James has always been the nice girl, the girl who does everything right. However, when she's torn between the... More

Open Relationship
Open Relationship - Chapter 2
Open Relationship - Chapter 3
Open Relationship - Chapter 4
Open Relationship - Chapter 5
Open Relationship - Chapter 6
Open Relationship - Chapter 7
Open Relationship - Chapter 8
Open Relationship - Chapter 9
Open Relationship - Chapter 10
Open Relationship - Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 16

476 22 2
By kryzme

So, I know you guys are really confused as to where I've been for forever, and I shall explain. 

 I had midterms again, and Spring break just ended. I'm trying to play catch up now for you guys, so just know I'm not going anywhere. I may be absent now and then, but I'm here for the long run, k? Love you guys! 

Vote and comment!! FB fanpage in external link! 

___________________________________________

James

I’d fallen asleep on the couch while watching How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, one of my absolute favorite romantic comedies. I woke up the next morning a little out of it after all the wine from last night. I looked over to see Abby asleep on the floor tangled in a mess of blankets. I looked over and saw Wes coming out of his room and he gave me a confused glance at the sight of Abby. He cocked an eyebrow and I whispered, “Landon’s sister.”

“Ah. You two work everything out yet?” I felt my face crumple and he gave me a sad gaze. “I guess from how many wine bottles I see over in the kitchen, I’d say no.” He paused. “Are you okay, James?”

“Um…I guess. I dunno. Not yet.” I finally settled on an answer and he came over to sit on the couch and gave me a hug.

“It’ll all work out, sis. Don’t worry. He’d be an idiot to pass up on someone as wonderful as you.”

“Thanks, Wes.” He gave me a kiss on the cheek and ruffled my hair before heading toward the door.

“She’s cute,” He added, nodding at Abby before leaving. I laughed and wagged my eyebrows at him as he walked out the door with a chuckle.

I started making breakfast when Abby finally woke up. “James?” She called and I walked back into the living room, plates of pancakes and bacon in hand. “Oh damn girl. Forget about my brother. Marry me.” She said, graciously taking the plate from me and digging in.

“So, who is Katrina anyway? Were they ever really serious?” I asked, not able to hold it in anymore. Abby looked uncomfortable for a moment.

“Are you really going to ruin such a great breakfast?”

“I’m serious. I want to know.” I pushed and she sighed.

“They dated for a while. A good two years before she left for graduate school in another state and he left for medical school. They just didn’t have time for each other anymore so they decided to break it off. She moved back recently. She came into contact with my mother and she arranged for her to come to the party.”

“Graduate school, hm?” I remarked sourly. So she was the type of girl his parents wanted for him. Someone more at Landon’s level than me.

“She’s a lawyer. She’s been waiting to move back here for a while.”

“I see.” I let out a breath. “She’s obviously a better match for him than I am.”

“No, James. I mean, she’s nice, but I see the way you and Landon look at each other. And you two have such a great connection after such a short time together.”

“She’s so much more accomplished than I am though. She’s the type of girl your parents would like. You were there. You saw what they thought of me.” I grumbled, looking down at my unappetizing plate of pancakes.

“You’re younger than her. You can’t compare it that way. You’re going to be a teacher. Look at everything you’ve accomplished! You can’t put yourself down, because you’re amazing. Okay?” There was a moment of silence as we both ate. “Did you talk to that Noah guy yet?”

“Oh, yeah, I did. I didn’t really give anything away though. I wanted to talk to Landon so I left our date early.”

“What are you going to do then? You really should talk to both of them.”

“Yeah, I know. I’ll go see Noah today and tell him it’s over. Then I’ll call Landon. Maybe I still have a chance, right?”

“Exactly. You have my vote honey. Plus, my offer still stands. I’d go gay for you.”

I couldn’t help but crack up. Abby had this way of making me feel better despite how bad things seemed.

I called Noah and he sounded surprised, but agreed to meet nonetheless. We met in front of one of my favorite restaurants. I saw him walking down the street and still felt that flutter in my stomach. He was ridiculously hot and I couldn’t deny that. He was wearing a tight shirt that accentuated his muscular stature and his facial hair made him look ruggedly handsome. I had to remind myself why I was meeting him.

He smiled when he caught sight of me and I gave him a strained smile in return. “Uh oh, I don’t like what that look means.” He said, his expression showing me he already knew what was coming.

“Noah…” I started and he stopped me with a kiss.

“It’s okay. I get it.”

“Noah…” I repeated. He chuckled and pressed his forehead against mine.

“I knew from our talk yesterday that you wanted him more than me, James. It’s all right.” He pulled me into a hug. “I ended things with Mae.”

“What?” I asked, pulling back and he gave a sad smile.

“Even if you didn’t choose me, I knew it had to end with her. You showed me what I really want. I want someone who will care for me. Who will treasure the relationship we share. I can’t have you, and I understand that. But…nonetheless, it’ll be hard to find someone as amazing as you.”

I felt my cheeks burn as I smiled. I felt a tear sting my eyes. Sure, what Noah and I had seemed like it was just about sex, but there were those moments when I knew I’d felt more. But I knew my feelings for Landon were strong as well. “I don’t want to keep you hanging on, Noah. I don’t want to treat you like a backup. Do you know what I mean? Even if I don’t end up with Landon, the fact that I chose him before you should bother you.”

“I know, James.” He kissed my forehead. “I’ll miss you.” He whispered.

“I’ll miss you too.” I replied softly. We left it at that, not wanting to drag it on any longer than we needed to. It hurt me to do this, and I was afraid of how much I was hurting him as well.

Landon

Walking down the street towards James apartment, I knew I had to explain things to her. Yes, Katrina and I had a history. A history she wanted to continue with. She wanted to just pick up where we’d left off. The offer had been hard to turn down, but I couldn’t lead her on when I really felt something for James. I had to talk to her about it. The second I’d seen her last night, I couldn’t stop seeing her face in my head.

I stopped short when I caught sight of her in front of a café. She was with that other guy. Noah. He kissed her, held her close, kissed her forehead. I clenched my fists in anger.

I felt as if my blood were boiling. I wanted to hit him. I wanted to scream in frustration. James turned away from him and started heading in the direction of her apartment. I followed after her quickly, not sure what I was going to say. “Landon!” She shrieked in surprise as she caught sight of me.

“James,” I said, my voice flat.

“I need to talk to you,” She said, and I stopped her short.

“No, I need to talk to you.” I said, trying to fight the anger in my voice but failing miserably. “Don’t worry about trying to let me down easy. Katrina and I will be quite happy together and you can go on doing whatever it is that you want with that other guy. All right?” I turned swiftly, ignoring her as she called my name.

James

I was in shock. So, he’d chosen Katrina then? He ignored as I called his name and he disappeared into a cab as I chased him down. I felt my lower lip tremble and the tears roll down my cheeks. I couldn’t breathe.

He’d denied me.

He’d chosen her.

He’d chosen her.

 _________________________________________________

I love you guys! Don't kill me!!! Vote and comment please :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 80 18
"The little spark left in her erupted into such a large flame, it boiled her blood and made the thought of this sand-colored haired person impossible...
535 40 32
By day, Zoe is your average High school girl. She has cool friends and okay grades... Hand her a volleyball, and her spike will scare boys off... Wh...
1.4M 46.3K 30
Typical teenage romance story: A breathtakingly beautiful young woman who is constantly labeled as a social outcast, gets her life turned upside down...
1.8K 60 50
Something about James makes people explore themselves, confused yet awestruck by his tangy, amazing love life...which does not include a single woman...