The Waitress (GxG)

By gorillagroddshelmet

When working at a failing high end restaurant in New York, Mariah Breaux knows every corner about scraping by... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
Epilogue

16

11.8K 403 42
By gorillagroddshelmet

NOVA'S POV

I paused for a moment before calling her name again.

"Mariah." I said flatly.

I stayed still and focused on her stomach to make sure she was still breathing. My suspicions were easily confirmed as I watched her stomach rise and fall, she fell asleep.

Why wouldn't she be sleep? Nova come on.

I shook my head at the thought and tore my eyes away from her. I scanned her apartment. The first thing that caught my attention was the book shelves, and various books scattered everywhere.

I noticed the movie posters, vinyls, paintings and random trinkets placed carefully around the apartment.

I walked deeper in and noticed a balcony. When I made it to her balcony I peered out. She had different plants sitting throughout balcony with watering cans.

I turned around looking back into the main part of her apartment until I saw a door. That had to be her room.

I glanced back over to Mariah who was still sleeping.

I wasn't going to go into her room without permission, but I didn't want to wake her up.

I took a deep breath and exhaled before walking over to the couch she was sleeping on. Her lips were slightly parted and her face was completely relaxed. Everything about her was breathtaking.

I ruled against waking her up just so I could see her sleeping.

I scrunched my face realizing how odd the thought was.

I leaned down and gently shook her hoping she'd wake up. When she didn't, I shook her again and nothing. I went to shake her again when a slight hum left her lips.

"Mariah, are you awake?" I asked, looking down at her stirring on the couch.

"Mmm." She hummed once again.

I glanced toward the door I saw and looked back down at her. "Is that your room over there?"

"Probably." She replied tiredly. Her voice sounded so attractive, then again that was everyday.

"Do you want to go to your room?" I asked her, and a faint hum left her mouth again.

"Can you get up so I can help you there?"

"...Legs don't work." she mumbled, turning around on the couch.

I glanced down at Mariah who was now facing away from me. "Want me to carry you?"

"Mmm."

I kept my gaze on her for a second watching as her body rose up and down.

I leaned down and scooped her into my arms and began walking toward her room. She leaned her head against my chest, adjusting herself to get comfortable. When I approached the door I leaned down slightly, managing to grab the knob and twist it.

When the door creaked open I turned my body to push the door open.I looked against the walls for a lightswitch until I located it and flicked it on.

I slowly took in her room and chuckled. Her whole house seemed to reflect who she is as a person, even if I didn't know much about her.

Even though the walls were painted white there was still a ton of color around the room, similar to her living room she had vinyls and records stacked up on a bookshelf and right next to it was a record player, I was wondering where she had it.

She had fairy lights strung in different directions, and also had a stained glass lamp on the nightstand next to her bed.

There were different colored blankets spilling off the sides of her bed, there was even one scattered on the floor. I walked over to the bed and gently set her down. I turned the lamp on her nightstand on and the whole room instantly became wrapped in warm colors.

It changed the whole vibe of the room, contrasting to the light coming from the light switch. I turned around to turn the lightswitch off and noticed a leather chair in the corner of her room.

The chair was next to a dresser that had different things placed on top, like legos, picture frames, and stuffed animals. A slight smile grew on my lips just seeing everything she had.

When I reached the lightswitch I switched it off and the whole room looked mesmerizing. I wouldn't be surprised if she did house decorating on the side.

To the right of me I immediately noticed the slightly opened door. It had to be the bathroom, since I've yet to see one. I headed toward the door and pushed it open.

The bathroom was extremely organized with most things being tucked away in the drawers.
I searched around the bathroom for a certain thing until I found it.

I went back into her room and opened the pack of wipes. I sat them down on the nightstand and pulled one out. I swiped the makeup remover wipe gently across her face as she continued sleeping.

I set the wipe aside and grabbed a new one, wiping off any excess that I didn't get. I stared down at her bare face while she was sleeping as I scanned at almost every inch of it.

I grabbed one of the blankets spewed across her bed and gently placed it on her.

My feet felt like they were planted on the floor and finally took root. But just as fast as they did, I had to rip the roots out.

I tore my eyes away from her as I forced myself to walk away. The roots from my feet dragging under me, as a reminder of the decision im forced to make.

A decision I didn't want to make.

MARIAH'S POV
I woke up with the worst headache of my life, and the sun bleeding in from the window was not helping. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die.

I turned away from the window to get the sun out of my face, narrowing my eyes in the process.

Until I noticed the familiar record player in the corner. I opened my eyes fully and realized I was in... my room?

I sat up in my bed and looked around my room.

How did I get here?

I pushed the blanket off of me and I was still in my dress from last night.

Wait, last night.

Everything from last night came crashing down as I remembered the events from yesterday. I reached on my nightstand for my phone and saw Ibuprofen and a bottle of water. I squinted my eyes in confusion as I grabbed the pill and water.

I put the pill in my mouth then washed it down. I got up from my bed and opened my dresser, taking off the dress from last night and replacing it with a baggy t-shirt and some shorts. I walked over to my door, pulled it open and the smell of bacon immediately flooded my nose.

I walked deeper into the living room and furrowed my brows when I noticed Nova sleeping on the couch.

"Ready to eat? Nova said tiredly, rising up from the couch.

I turned around to face the kitchen, wondering what she was talking about and my eyes widened as I saw the different dishes lined across the counter.

"Nova..." I trailed off walking to the counter.

There were fruits, hash browns, pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Each on different plates lined next to each other.

I turned around to face her and saw her walking toward me. She was still in everything from last night.

"Did you make all this?" I asked, raising a brow.

"Mhm." She said leaning on the counter.

"When?" I asked, turning back to the plates.

"I finished maybe 10 minutes ago."

"You made all this food for me? Are you not going to eat any?" I asked, remembering that I haven't seen her eat once.

"Probably not." She said and I paused.

"I'll eat it if you eat it...?" I trailed off, I don't know why it came out as a question.

"Seriously?" Nova asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Uh, yes." I said mimicking her action and narrowing my eyes at her.

She took a deep breath and got up from the counter walking over to me.

"Can you also make my plate?" I asked with an innocent grin on my face and she smiled. It wasn't a smirk either.

It was a genuine smile.

And I'd do anything just to see it again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 5.9K 60
As Mrs. Write's life disperses from it's normalisity, it further unravels as a part never shown comes at the addition of no ordinary woman. This is a...
27.6K 1.1K 20
𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝘀 𝗻𝗼 𝗯𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱𝘀...𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸... 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆...
457K 12.7K 44
in which a shy florist falls in love with a flirty mafia boss. ┈┈┈┈․°?°․┈┈┈┈ gwendolyn westbrook has spent her life filled with schoolwork and stress...
69.4K 3.6K 54
Sequel to Different worlds.