The Betrayal

By Z0EYYY

Sequel to The betrothed. Read the prequel before the sequel. I won't add a description yet because it will ru... More

New beginnings.
Time to let go?
Rave.
Personal Hell?
Memories..
Apologize
Welcome back.
The breakfast.
The Dance Part 1
Confusion
History Lesson?
David's POV
Enlightening.
Balance of Power?
Wisdom
Problems
New Addition?
Got a secret?
Humble.
Teaser
Division
The Forest
Happy Birthday to me!- David's POV
You'll be the death of me..
All these years..
Two weeks later
Goodbye...
And so it begins
The Meeting
The Race
Here comes the bride..
Here comes the bride.. (Part 2)
It's a topsy turvy world
The Truth.
The Betrayal
The transition
The Text.
Just a kiss goodbye
The War.
The Aftermath
What have I done?
Calm.
Time

The Doctor.

330 24 11
By Z0EYYY

So a lot of people asked me how my exams went and well they were really tough this year so lets see what happens, results in August. *fingers crossed.*

I had this chapter written out for a couple of days and I'm not exactly happy with it. It feels like a filler but an important one. I tried re-writing it but i couldn't and hey Siri typed it out for me so ignore all my errors.

Ps- Ramzan Mubarak to everyone out there!

You guys know the drill! No copying! Enjoy.

I woke up with a pain in my hand.

Well that reminded me it wasn't all just a dream.

I was indeed all alone. Everything came rushing back to me.

I knew I should be mad at Lindsay and David for lying to me considering this whole idea was David's. Not the other way around like they had portrayed. Technically I was manipulated to come here since there was no real work for me either.

However I just couldn't bring myself to be angry at Lindsay. I was truly touched by her concern for me.

I got out of bad slowly. My body protested as usual but I carried on.

Did whatever I needed to freshen up in the bathroom and headed down. As usual I had woken up at 6 am despite sleeping late and headed into the grounds for my usual morning run.

I wanted to run. I needed to run today, to clear my head. weirdly I hadn't even gotten a nightmare tonight. Maybe I was just beyond exhausted.

My body on the other hand and my weak lungs protested from any mode of running. I guess the doctor was right to ask me to rest.

So I settled to stroll in the beautiful gardens.

I had forgotten how breathtaking this scenery looked especially this early in the morning with the suns first few rays.

It literally took my breath away at how beautiful and cruel the world could be. I touched the row of roses and bent down to draw in the amazing smell of those roses.

I needed clarity.

So I put my headphones on, put my feet in the water and closed my eyes.

'High dive into frozen waves where the past comes back to life

Fight fear for the selfish pain, it was worth it every time

Hold still right before we crash 'cause we both know how this ends

A clock ticks 'til it breaks your glass and I drown in you again

'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need

Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?

If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

Walk on through a red parade and refuse to make amends

It cuts deep through our ground and makes us forget all common sense

Don't speak as I try to leave 'cause we both know what we'll choose

If you pull then I'll push too deep and I'll fall right back to you-'

Suddenly I felt as if I wasn't alone and in less than a second I reacted by pulling my headphones out and opening my eyes.

My eyes met a gorgeous man.

His eyes were the perfect shade of emerald with dark brown hair falling on his forehead. He seemed to have a very childish air about him.

"Who are you?" I asked hypnotized by his gaze.

"I am David's cousin and the doctor they occasionally use." He winked at me as he put his feet in the pool next to me. "Who are you?"

"Why haven't I seen you around?" And how did he not know who I was if he was David's cousin?

"You've asked me two questions and answered none of mine which doesn't seem very fair. From the looks of it you could use a doctor." He said pointing to my hand.

"My name is Elizabeth and I don't need your help, I think I've had enough doctors to last me a life time."

"But I'm not like most doctors." He said and continued "I was gone on tour for around two to three years so that's why you haven't seen me around but what's a pretty lady like you doing alone near the pool? Haven't you been told not to wonder around alone?"

"I don't think I had an issue wandering around last time I was here while there seemed to be a death threat on my head so I doubt anything would be happening to me any time soon if I indeed did decide to wander alone."

"I guess no one told you about the war you've got happening around you between the werewolves and the vampires. Some would say it to be very serious"

"So there's been a rebellion going on? I guess I've missed out on a lot that's been going on in the vampire world."

After a pause he said "Everyone's been talking about you, that a very important human is King Edward's guest and I was wondering what made you so special?"

"Well I suppose you've missed a lot since the last time you were here too."

"It's alright, you can update me what I missed plus it's not like anything I would be interested in. Politics is usually what I leave to my cousin David."

"I'm the wrong person to ask, I've been missing in action for the past year or so as well."

"It's alright. We can catch up together. Which reminds me" he said while getting up. "Would you like to get some coffee with me? I find you very interesting and peculiar."

"Do you seem to recall Prince David's engagement?" I asked.

"That wasn't what I was expecting you to ask which is why I find you so... Fascinating. But yes to answer your question I do recall an engagement which I suppose lasted for a year. What does that have to do with you?"

"Well then you must also know that I am his ex-finance."

"Oh." He paused "that would have been a very awkward situation but however I do seem to recall that Prince David is now engaged to Keisha, which makes you available don't you think?" He winked handing me his hand to help me up.

I smiled at him while taking his hand saying "I guess it would seem that way."

"So coffee?" He asked.

"Maybe later. So tell me more about this war going on?"

"As I told you before I do not partake in politics however this seems to be a very major issue that all the Royals are aware off."

I did remember something happening the last time I was around too but I thought war had been avoided.

"As you know from our history; werewolves and vampires have been around for centuries and not to anyone surprise they seem to always be in battle fighting over who is the superior species. As time passed the conflict seemed to grow and now it has reached its tipping point."

I do recall Grandpa Christian also saying I should be well brushed in my history as I was now part of this world. Maybe I will do that now that I know Lindsay didn't really need my help. It would be a good time pass.

We walked with my arm around David's cousin. I paused. "Hey you never told me your name."

"I thought you'd never ask? For human you sure are smart." he laughed "My name is Michael. You can call me Mike. "

"Don't get me wrong but you even look like a Mike." We both laughed at that.

We were just about to enter the patio which led to the main hall when I saw David coming from the opposite side of the room.

"David! I just met Elizabeth. What a charming personality. Would it be weird for me to say that I'm glad it didn't work out between you two? At least now I have a chance with this beautiful lady."

He hugged David, while David gave him a forced smile.

"I am happy for you Michael." That's all he said before he walked away but there was something about the way he said it.

'I hope your hand is better' I heard his voice in my head as he walked away without turning back.

I decided not to reply as he had ignored me many times before. When I begged him, I needed him the most, he was never there and I always received silence in return to my pleas.

"So where was I? Ah. I was telling you about the war. I think you were there last year when the werewolves attacked David and although were possessed by someone else they seem to empower other werewolves to attack the castle. I also seem to recall that you left David very broken so he did nothing about the attacks that grew. Eventually they came a point when something had to be done and Prince David finally stepped up to do what was required of him. You don't need to know the rest. It's just too much politics for me."

"Okay. So where are we going for coffee? Isn't it too early though?"

"We have a coffee place near our Castle. Or hey do you want me to make you some?"

I wasn't really in the mood to go outside the castle due to my lack of energy.

"I would prefer that you make it for me. I'm really not in the mood to go out."

"Whatever suits you my princess?"

"I'm no princess." I mumbled.

"But you are. Haven't you brushed up on your history?"

I smiled. "You're the second person to say that to me. Drop me at the library when we're done. I really should read up especially before meeting Grandpa Christian. He would be very disappointed if I didn't know anything again."

"I'm surprised you don't though. Being engaged to David I would've assumed he'd have told you everything and put you in the center of all the politics that go around. Have you seen him work? He's great at what he does. It's like he was made to be a King. The way he deals with conflict, the way he handles politics and the way he solves things for his subjects.. it's just commendable, he definitely has a knack of this." He said with such adoration in his voice. David really was loved by his people.

"Actually he never did. He always said he didn't want to over burden me.-"

"He loved you just the way you were.." He said in a sad tone. "Actually you know what? I had some work to do. Can we reschedule our coffee date?" He said abruptly.

I got the feeling he was just making it up. I felt he just realized that he couldn't try to date his cousins ex-fiancé which was understandable as I wasn't ready to date either. I had just agreed because I had nothing else to do and it was good to meet someone who didn't know me, didn't judge me. It was like a clean slate. But once he knew who I was it wouldn't be the same.

I couldn't argue with him on the aspect that David loved me. He loved me so much and the entire kingdom knew it. Then what went so wrong?

I patted his arm and smiled. "I understand."

"I just don't want to hurt David." He replied.

"I know." Although I doubt David had any feelings in my regard.

"I'll drop you to the library."

"I know the way. And hey doctor Mike." I smiled wider. "I'm accident prone. You'll be seeing me soon again."

I made my way to the library.

I couldn't believe David had let things get this far with the werewolves. I was now in the midst of a war. This was surely going to be interesting.

Like it? Hate it? ;)

Let me know! Check out the song on the left --> It used to be my fav. And it's also on my fb page! GO LIKE IT! :D

Love Zoe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39 8 18
Completed! Still Editing! Two heart met and fall in love. Both are for the first time lovers. Taking things slowly as their love for each other grows...
58.9K 1.4K 24
After having married the love of her life.....Lillian's marriage hits rock bottom due to certain circumstances caused by someone she thought she coul...
10.3K 357 27
Before reading this book, please go and read my painfull love story first part. Without that you don't understand what's happening. As so many membe...
75 0 6
The sequel to TORN....The story continues.