Tempting me

By NATSNOTGAY

Natalie Wilson. Star Hockey Center and Captain for the WestHampton Warriors. She's had a crush on Scarlett Sa... More

CAST
Scarlett fucking Santoro
Watching
Dad
All hail football
Gabriella
Senior night
That's disgusting
Live
Olivia
MORE CAST
Come Over
I could feel it
Dinner
Pictures
She's dated boys
Endless Chicken Baskets
Juice Box
The Roof
Girlfriend
Henry
The Stars
Get Out
Merry Christmas?
That Wasn't About A stupid Hit
The Time To Be Alive
I love you
Epilogue
AYEEE

No One Knows

12.4K 239 26
By NATSNOTGAY

No one knows.

As I walk through the halls, I have to remind myself that no one knows what happened over Christmas break.

That's been on my mind all day.

I had practice at 5 am. Coach definitely noticed something being off. Kitty and V too. Mrs. Moreno noticed too. I had both airpods in. Usually I write and talk to Sydney or the guys but that didn't happen. English and Stats were the same. I just can't form any sort of sentence.

"Natalie." Sydney found me sitting in my car. It's my study period. Not hers.

I raised my eyebrows at my best friend, "What are you doing outside of class?"

She shrugged and walked around the car, waiting for me to unlock the doors. And I did. When she got in the car, she put her backpack between her legs and pulled me into a hug.

And despite the center console digging into my side, it felt nice.

Too nice.

Because I started to cry.

She rubbed my back gently, "I'm glad we can drive on the roads now because I've needed to give you a hug since Scarlett told me what was going on."

I laid my head on her shoulder and kept letting the tears fall, "I never thought something like this would ever happen to me, Syd." I sniffled, "I mean, you hear about it obviously. But I didn't think-" I choked on my words and decided not to continue.

Melly hasn't talked to me either.

"Let it out. Mom said you can come to ours if you need to at any time."

I sucked in a deep breath. Because I didn't tell her about my big Christmas gift. "The Santoros got me a key."

She kept rubbing my back, "That's good." She just kept rubbing my back.

I sniffled, "This is bad, Syd."

"This doesn't change a thing. Your Dad is a dick. All that bullshit at your senior night about being a better Dad and he goes and does this." She pulled away and squeezed my hand arm, "I'm your family, Nat. Michael, Mobius, and Scarlett too. Hell, probably even that short blonde girl on your team-"

"Allie."

She pointed at me and nodded, "Allie is too. You have a support system."

"But I don't have a home."

She smiled gently at me, "How often were you actually in that house?"

"Well... Not very often. But it's the memories, Syd." I leaned back against my window and closed my eyes, "That house was my mom's everything."

"Natalie." She waited till I gave her my attention, "You were your moms everything. She is so proud of you right now. You know that. Julius literally sounds like an evil man's name. You just won your first regionals game. You're going to win at state. You're going to go to play for the Gophers. Hell, by the time you graduate the PWHL will be in full swing and boom, famous hockey player."

I sighed and fought the smile on my face, "Yeah that does sound like my vision board." I looked at her, "I love you, Syd."

"And you know I love you." She smiled at me, "Now drive to McDonalds."

"McDonalds, Sydney? Who are you?"

She hit my arm, "I'm paying."

I nodded, "Gotta keep it within the budget." I started the old car and prayed I would slide into that snowhill the school put right next to the fucking exit.

________

Practice after school was better than morning practice. But that's usually how it is.

We worked on passing.

Gordon went back out of town. His team is playing Tampa right now and that's a game no one really wants to miss as an Avalanche fan.

Diane went back to work today. And Scarlett had a longer cheer practice after school. So I picked up Angie.

And we're on the way to get Wolf from his after school care.

"You know, Melly asked about you today."

I looked at her when we stopped at the red light, "What did you say?"

She shrugged and tucked her phone under her left leg, "I told him, he needs to talk to you."

I nodded, "I think my Dad has his phone." I skipped the song and glanced at her, "I heard about you and little Tuck."

She rolled her eyes then sat up a little straighter. "What did you hear?"

I laughed, "I am sworn to secrecy."

"It's good things, though? Right?" She put her arm on the dash and turned towards me more, "Natalie Wilson."

I smiled harder, "It's great things, Angelina." I finally pulled into the elementary school. Once I pulled into a parking lot, I reached in my backpack and grabbed my ID. "Do you wanna come in?"

She shook her head and pulled her phone back out, "I don't think so. It's a trap. Wolf is gonna show you every piece of art he's ever made."

I smiled at her, "I'll be right back."

This elementary school is new. And probably full of upper class kids with the way their parking lot has absolutely no potholes. Or cracks. The windows are completely clean. Fresh mulch.

I'm getting off track.

I pressed the buzzer and waited until someone spoke up.

"Hi, welcome to Harrison Elementary. Can I help you?"

I cleared my throat and ignored my overly sweaty palms for the middle of winter, "Yeah, I'm here to pick up Wol- Henry Santoro. He's in Mrs. Jen's class."

"You're Natalie Wilson?"

"Yup." I nodded remembering Diane already called the school.

"I'll buzz you in. If you don't have your state ID with you we can use your school ID." Then the door buzzed.

I followed the signs through the dimly lit hallway and found the right classroom.

Henry stood up immediately and rushed over to me.

"Hey buddy." I ruffled his hair and pulled my ID out of my pocket, looking over to the elderly woman sitting right by the door, "Is there a sign out sheet or anything?"

The woman nodded, "Right here. And if you have some form of ID."

I took my wallet out of my back pocket and handed her my ID then signed the form.

She nodded and put her own signature next to mine. Then she smiled at Henry, "I'll see you tomorrow Henry."

He smiled back but didn't say anything to her. Instead, he started pulling me towards the wall of cubbies.

A wave of nostalgia hit me as I remembered my own. The bee stickers my teacher gave me to decorate it with. That stupid metal lunchbox I just had to have.

He stopped in front of the last cubby on the row, "This is mine."

I nodded and grabbed his lunchbox from the top shelf and slid it into his Paw Patrol backpack.

Then I helped him put his coat, jacket, and gloves on. "Are you ready to get home?"

He nodded and grabbed my hand, "Is Daddy home?"

I looked at my watch and saw it was only 4:36, "Not yet but your Mama should be getting there pretty soon."

We talked about his day until we made it out to the car. I buckled him in and played my 'camp counselor core' playlist on Spotify because it's the only one that doesn't have any sort of cuss words.

Henry went straight to sleep when we made it back to the Santoros.

Now, Angie and I are sitting in the main living room. I'm doing homework and Angie is very focused on Baddies.

The front door opened and closed and Mrs. Santoro came walking in with a box of pizza. She looked at Angie and I on the couch, "Is Scarlett still at practice?"

I checked my watch again. 6:43. I looked back up at Diane as she set the pizza on the coffee table, "Yeah but she has state coming up."

Angie tapped me with her foot, "What about your practices? Don't you literally have your regionals game tomorrow?"

I shrugged and sat up a bit more, "Cheerleading and hockey are very different. They have new routines to memorize all the time and we've basically had the same plays since middle school."

"Well, hopefully you two are in the mood for pizza." Diane set her bag in the armchair, "I assume Wolf is sleeping?"

Angie nodded and stood up.

"Out like a light." I looked at my phone and replied to Sydney asking about the color scheme tomorrow.

Angie came back in with paper plates and handed me one.

And we ate dinner. In their living room. Watching Star Wars.

I actually really like this.

But how much longer can it last?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 2.6K 64
Riley Sawyer... Shes that girl that everyone knows but isn't a close friend to anyone. She's known to be bisexual as she dated both girls and boys. W...
89.4K 4.2K 31
There are many things Francesca Russo has that Maya Scott doesn't. But there's one in particular: Confidence. Maya Scott. Some may consider her a d...
779K 39.7K 22
Imagine the worst female softball team you ever saw, triple it, and you've got Darci Bloom's baseball team. Darci's got a lot to handle this season...
28.7K 2.3K 40
When Charlie Miller loses her job the week before both her roommates move to California, she decides it's time to get out of Texas. But with her bank...